PDA

View Full Version : PRESEASON GAME PREDICTIONS-FOOTBALL

Old Cardinal
02-09-2003, 08:43 PM
I just wanted to start a post on Preseason games and even projections.....I will start with the Bridge City Cardinals- They Play--Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Liberty, and Newton. Well since they are training a lot of replacements that are Jr.s and Soph.s, I think that preseason wins will be hard to come by. LCM is a big 4A and will be hard to take that early in the season since they have a lot of returnees. Liberty has always been an easy target for BC for quite sometime, but they went deep in the playoffs with a fairly young squad and will be very tough early on and will be a good playoff level team again this year in Division II. Newton, what can I say, everyone from Newton has said that this team will be great this year. Newton starts the season with great poise each year with deserved, high ranking. Because of small enrollment; however, they get a bunch of two way starters hobbled and lose in the playoffs several rounds deep each year. However, at the first of the season they are always one of the best in the State! It would not surprise me if Bridge City lost all three on their preseason games, during this reorganizational stage. But it would also not surprise me if they sweep the District Championship and go their customary 3 round average in the playoffs, once those very skilled young players gain a little savvy.. This will be an unusual year in Cardinal land, just getting tooled up for a good run the following two seasons...Who is your team playing in preseason, and what do you realistically project?

wildstangs
02-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Sweetwater has Greenwood and Graham at home. Plays at Andrews, Wylie and Vernon. I look for the Mustangs to go about 4-1. You guys may think I am crazy, but I dont think that one loss will come to Greenwood either.

Matthew328
02-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Let's see.....Everman opens with FW Eastern Hills...don't know much about them just yet...I know they were young last year and they'll be looking for some payback after Everman beat em last year 49-0.....the second game could be the most difficult as Everman has to make the long road trip to Lawton, OK to take on 5A sized Eisenhower..Ike played Everman tough last year and it will be difficult for Everman to win that one..then Everman plays Crowley who struggled last year..Crowley was young last year also and had an excellent JV...and it is a rivalry game so you never know..as for Everman they'll be young and slow...no one should be concerned with them :p

TarponPride2003
02-10-2003, 10:00 AM
Do not exclude Port Isabel next year because they will DEFINITELY be in the hunt for a state title next year...Quote me if you want its the truth...........PEACE!

Ranger Mom
02-10-2003, 10:11 AM
wildstangs:
Sweetwater has Greenwood and Graham at home. Plays at Andrews, Wylie and Vernon. I look for the Mustangs to go about 4-1. You guys may think I am crazy, but I dont think that one loss will come to Greenwood either.I don't think you are crazy! wink But just out of curiosity, who do you think the loss will be to??

Greenwood has Ballinger and Shallowater at home, Sweetwater, Snyder and Andrews. I am making NO predictions, but I can tell you one thing - those Rangers are HUNGRY!!!

vet93
02-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Wildstangs...last year I picked Sweetwater to win the region and they came close...this year they will be reloading a little bit...but good coaching is still good coaching and I think that the underclassmen at Sweetwater have been doing well. Sweetwater's schedule is brutal and will be tough on them as they try to establish themselves at the beginning of the year. In my opinion I think that they will have a tough time in the beginning of the season but will finish strong in district and the playoffs. I think that they will start off at 2-3 or 3-2, however 1-4 is possible due to the strength of schedule. Greenwood is well, Greenwood...too many returning starters. Wylie always reloads. Andrews will be looking for revenge and should be better in the second year of a new system. Graham has been salty the past few years and they always seem to have a good team. Vernon will be improved over last year...they have some promising young players back from last year. They are well coached. This makes for a tough opening 5 games, just like last year. Don't think that I am down on the Mustangs...I just think that it will be difficult for a team that graduated some of the kids that you guys graduated last year. It will take the first half of the season to establish their new identity.

wildstangs:
Sweetwater has Greenwood and Graham at home. Plays at Andrews, Wylie and Vernon. I look for the Mustangs to go about 4-1. You guys may think I am crazy, but I dont think that one loss will come to Greenwood either.

Dave-O
02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Hey i hear Burnet is playing most of the teams they played last year in preseason. They Have Austin Regan, Midland Christian, Kileen Shoemaker, Marlin, and i dont remember the others. I say we will do pretty well as we did ast year but you never know what will pop up. 2 years ago Burnet lost in the first round of the playoffs and one year later they are at the State championship game. But all and all i think Burnet has a good chance next year.

mustang04
02-21-2003, 12:09 AM
im thinking we'll have about the same record next year as we did this year, or maybe better. yeah we are losing key players like squires and carrillo, but we are also gaining alot of talent from the undefeated JV...to replace our quarterback we have bishop, hes a good passer and a good scrambler, but doesnt have the moves carrillo had or quite the speed, and we are coming back w/ a stronger defense and a good backfield, it will be hard to fill in squires shoes but we are all workin hard this spring to be ready next fall and hopefully into winter. another good running-back we have is josh jackson hes got alot of speed and tremendous power so our backfield wont be any less. greenwood still has their quarterback who is a good quarterback and this being his senior year he should do really good, andrews will probably come back stronger next season, but i think we have really good coaching and have the WILL to wark hard so we should be coming strong next year so we'll just have to see when september rolls around :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-21-2003, 02:47 AM
TarponPride2003:
Do not exclude Port Isabel next year because they will DEFINITELY be in the hunt for a state title next year...Quote me if you want its the truth...........PEACE!Who would P.I. play in non-district next season? Same schedule? Hope not, I hate it you guys only play a 9 game schedule.

Personally, I'd love to see Sinton vs. Port Isabel, and I'd love to see Port Isabel annihilate Los Fresnos once and for all. (will probably be last time PI/LF play each other)