PDA

View Full Version : Was Ingleside coach wrong?

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
This was in the Letters to the Editor in the 10/28/10 CC Caller-Times from a Mathis fan.

COACH'S QUESTIONABLE SPORTSMANSHIP
In my day we were taught respect, honesty and integrity. These were not just words, but a way of life. It seems that our world has forgotten the meaning of these words. I was very upset when I read the article on the football game between the Ingleside Mustangs and the Mathis Pirates on Oct. 22("Mustangs find way to overpower Mathis' BMW) I congratulate both the Mustangs and Pirate players on a fine game, not only for their abilities, but their sportmanship on and off the field. My problem is with the coach of the Mustangs. Coaches influence our children with their actions on and off the field. The Mustangs' coach, with his deception of switching jerseys on one of his key players with that of his twin brother, demonstrated his failure to achieve any of what has been stated here and should hang his head in shame. Not only for doing this, but then openly admitting to it in an interview with the media. Sure he can chalk up a win by his team, but by what means? What has he taught to all who have witnessed this? I'm sure there mut be some rule, written or unwritten, that has been broken.

Sounds like a sore loser to me. In my opinion Coach Hesseltine just outcoached the Mathis coach on this one. Maybe we should request the UIL to outlaw trick plays also. I don't think it had that big of an effect on the game anyway. Both McHugh boys had really good games as receivers against Mathis. I guess the individual thinks Coach Hesseltine should have denied it during the interview he references. What are you teaching to kids then?

99IHSMustang
10-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Seriously... some people want to make a mountain out of a molehill. The only reason it's getting this type of feedback is because Ingleside won. Had the score been reversed, no one would have their panties in a wad.

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 01:30 PM
It shouldn't have mattered. Regardless of who was wearing the jersey, Ingleside burned the Mathis corners all night long. Both McHughs had some great catches, so the case of the jersey switcheroo is a non-issue.

baseballcoach13
10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Did it break any rules?

99IHSMustang
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
Did it break any rules?

That is a very good question.

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
Did it break any rules?

I don't think so. If it had the UIL probably would have stepped in by now. Maybe there are some posters on here that are better informed on this.

RoyceTTU
10-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I'll plays devil's advocate for a second. I'm going to take a real event that happened in the snyder-brownwood game and put a twist on it.

Set-up
A Snyder player tackled the Brownwood running back, once the play was whistled dead, the snyder player began to pull the leg hairs of the Brownwood player. In defence the Brownwood kicked the Snyder player and was ejected.

The Twist
The coach could of told his non-starter to go to the locker room with the Brownwood ejectee....switch jerseys, and the ejectee becomes a legal player again.

I'm assuming that these two twins started out the game with their original jersey's and ended the game with different jersey's. To me this is no different than the above.

Ernest T Bass
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
No, it is not illegal at all. Ive done it many times.
The Brownwood scenario is illegal b/c the player, not the jersey, is ejected.

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I'll plays devil's advocate for a second. I'm going to take a real event that happened in the snyder-brownwood game and put a twist on it.

Set-up
A Snyder player tackled the Brownwood running back, once the play was whistled dead, the snyder player began to pull the leg hairs of the Brownwood player. In defence the Brownwood kicked the Snyder player and was ejected.

The Twist
The coach could of told his non-starter to go to the locker room with the Brownwood ejectee....switch jerseys, and the ejectee becomes a legal player again.

I'm assuming that these two twins started out the game with their original jersey's and ended the game with different jersey's. To me this is no different than the above.

No, they played the whole game with swapped jerseys. The players could have been wearing a dress for all it matters. The defense had every opportunity to do its job and make plays, but in most cases failed to do so. Unsportsmanlike? Depends on who you ask. Against the rules? Not likely. Fair? Definitely.

RoyceTTU
10-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
No, it is not illegal at all. Ive done it many times.
The Brownwood scenario is illegal b/c the player, not the jersey, is ejected.

Fair enough, i'm following you. Why wear numbers then?

SintonPirateFan
was the correct mchugh listed with the correct number in the roster?

Gobbler Fan

Set-up

The Twist

pulling leg hairs :spitlol: wth

DaHop72
10-28-2010, 01:49 PM

Set-up

The Twist
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

RoyceTTU
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
No, they played the whole game with swapped jerseys.

I'm not doubting that ya'll beat them. A player is a player and ya'll used the best 11 to get it done. I see that.

The quote above decides it for me. If the opponent isn't scouting well enough to determine that two players were wearing each others jerseys, it's there fault. Even if they are twins.

Obviously there are mannerisms and athletic differences between the two players, or the coach would of never switched, therfore they should of noted the change.

RoyceTTU
10-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tisk: :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Hop, i thought you might like that :doh: :doh: :doh:

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
was the correct mchugh listed with the correct number in the roster?

I don't know the answer to that. I assume Coach Hesseltine would have them listed correctly. I wasn't even aware of this until I got a phone call from a friend about the article in the newspaper and I was at the game.

SintonPirateFan
10-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I don't know the answer to that. I assume Coach Hesseltine would have them listed correctly. I wasn't even aware of this until I got a phone call from a friend about the article in the newspaper and I was at the game.

that would be the deciding factor for me. if he listed them the right way, other team's fault. if listed wrong.......kinda underhanded

DaHop72
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Hop, i thought you might like that :doh: :doh: :doh: It's getting a life of it's own, twisting ankle, pulling leg hairs, what's next, giving out Rocket's private number??:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Lake Pirate
10-28-2010, 01:57 PM
This was in the Letters to the Editor in the 10/28/10 CC Caller-Times from a Mathis fan.

COACH'S QUESTIONABLE SPORTSMANSHIP
In my day we were taught respect, honesty and integrity. These were not just words, but a way of life. It seems that our world has forgotten the meaning of these words. I was very upset when I read the article on the football game between the Ingleside Mustangs and the Mathis Pirates on Oct. 22("Mustangs find way to overpower Mathis' BMW) I congratulate both the Mustangs and Pirate players on a fine game, not only for their abilities, but their sportmanship on and off the field. My problem is with the coach of the Mustangs. Coaches influence our children with their actions on and off the field. The Mustangs' coach, with his deception of switching jerseys on one of his key players with that of his twin brother, demonstrated his failure to achieve any of what has been stated here and should hang his head in shame. Not only for doing this, but then openly admitting to it in an interview with the media. Sure he can chalk up a win by his team, but by what means? What has he taught to all who have witnessed this? I'm sure there mut be some rule, written or unwritten, that has been broken.

Sounds like a sore loser to me. In my opinion Coach Hesseltine just outcoached the Mathis coach on this one. Maybe we should request the UIL to outlaw trick plays also. I don't think it had that big of an effect on the game anyway. Both McHugh boys had really good games as receivers against Mathis. I guess the individual thinks Coach Hesseltine should have denied it during the interview he references. What are you teaching to kids then?

I don't think it had a big impact on the game, if any. I wasn't illegal either (as far as I know). It was just a little under-handed and slimmy. We all expect to see trickplays, play action passes, fake punts etc. We don't expect the coach to lie to the fans, and annoucers and show little to no respect for his opponents by submitting a fake roster. The coach only admitted to it because he suddenly realized that the players would be receiving eachothers stats and credit. He showed very little class and I hope the school reprimands him for casting a cloud over his team. The Mustangs played an outstanding game and deserve much better than that from their coach. It was poor sportsmanship on the part of Coach H. He should at least apologize to the Mustangs

RiverRat19
10-28-2010, 02:05 PM
A team could have players change numbers every game if they wanted to. I know many teams have done things like this in the past. In fact, both teams mentioned here probably have had coaches who decided to do this with other teams/players before.

Its a little sneaky, but its no different than trick plays, funky formations, players playing new positions, or anything else out of the usual MO for that team. Bottom line, everyone has to carry out their assignment regardless of what the other team is trying to do and which players are doing what job... If both twins are good and have made plays in the past, why worry about one over the other?

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I don't think it had a big impact on the game, if any. I wasn't illegal either (as far as I know). It was just a little under-handed and slimmy. We all expect to see trickplays, play action passes, fake punts etc. We don't expect the coach to lie to the fans, and annoucers and show little to no respect for his opponents by submitting a fake roster. The coach only admitted to it because he suddenly realized that the players would be receiving eachothers stats and credit. He showed very little class and I hope the school reprimands him for casting a cloud over his team. The Mustangs played an outstanding game and deserve much better than that from their coach. It was poor sportsmanship on the part of Coach H. He should at least apologize to the Mustangs

Who said he submitted a fake roster. If he submitted the roster with the correct number with correct name then it is not "fake". The players will get their own stats also. I'm sorry that Mathis' unbeaten season ended and their chance for a district championship became slimmer but you need to get over it.

Lake Pirate
10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Who said he submitted a fake roster. If he submitted the roster with the correct number with correct name then it is not "fake". The players will get their own stats also. I'm sorry that Mathis' unbeaten season ended and their chance for a district championship became slimmer but you need to get over it.

I need to get over it? You're the one who started this thread. I can assure you I was over it seconds after the game. It was just that, a game. Congrats to the Mustangs the really were impressive. I'm sure all of the players and fans in Ingleside expected to win that game, too bad your coach didn't.

dirtysouth
10-28-2010, 02:17 PM
It was just a gimmick that Coach H used to get his kids to believe they could win. They were playing an 8-0 team and he probably came in and were like guys this is what we are going to do they wont have a clue and we are going to beat them because of it. The kids believing that would work and they they could win had more of an impact than the actual game stats. I have no problem with it!!

bwdlionfan
10-28-2010, 02:27 PM
I thought that back in 1992 (I think)... Sville came out after halftime and lots of their players had switched jerseys. We won that game 21-0, but I think they got in trouble for it. Beast could correct me if I'm wrong... I was only 9 years old at the time... but it seems I've heard about this from a few people.

44INAROW
10-28-2010, 02:28 PM

Set-up

The Twist

maybe I am mis-reading what you're saying but if I am not - there is a HUGE difference - the Ingleside situation isn't trying to have an ejected player go back into the game.

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by dirtysouth
It was just a gimmick that Coach H used to get his kids to believe they could win. They were playing an 8-0 team and he probably came in and were like guys this is what we are going to do they wont have a clue and we are going to beat them because of it. The kids believing that would work and they they could win had more of an impact than the actual game stats. I have no problem with it!!

lol, if you say so...:cool:

I have declared this my "be nice to Ingleside week" so I am going to refrain from voicing an opinion and since I'm not a coach, it wouldn't mean much anyway.

What I want to know....P4S, is your username on the Caller-Times "ukidnme":evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
10-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
What I want to know....P4S, is your username on the Caller-Times "ukidnme":evillol: :evillol:

nice one APPF... ;) :evil:

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 02:37 PM
LOL I think this happens more than people realize. Maybe the person writing the letter didn't like "being had" ? ;)

To me, it's a non issue.

What I'm curious about now is does a roster need to be submitted to anyone before the game?!?! I know they exchange line ups in baseball and it can cause a huge issue in that sport, but I didn't think anyone even got a roster in football to "check in" players or whatever? :confused:

Trench Warrior
10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm neither here nor there with whether it is sportsmanlike or not. The only thing that matters is whether the name and number matched. If the name and number did not match then the athlete would not be eligible I believe. It would be like having a kid in the game that the coach forgot to put on the roster. Coach might have forgotten, but athlete is still ineligible. If the coach put right names with numbers on new roster it would be just like a kid switching jerseys to honor a loved one or friend who got hurt that wore that number. No big deal.

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I need to get over it? You're the one who started this thread. I can assure you I was over it seconds after the game. It was just that, a game. Congrats to the Mustangs the really were impressive. I'm sure all of the players and fans in Ingleside expected to win that game, too bad your coach didn't.

I started the thread because I found the letter to the editor hilarious. I have nothing to get over because I wasn't even aware of the switch during the game.

Cowboy_Up
10-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Personally, I'm not sure there is as much sportsmanship going on out there as we'd like to believe.
Switching numbers, screwing with visiting teams, constantly badgering officials in the hope of getting a call...I'm not sure there was ever a time when two teams just lined up, went after it, shook hands and then got ready to do it all over again the next year.
Seems like now a days everyone is seeking an edge and if that means screwing around, legal or not, then it's going to be done.

I know a veteran official who says he's always catching teams trying to screw with the kicking balls. Even after they mark the balls they still have to check them because coaches feel the need to try and cheat. He mentioned some 3A teams and coaches that might surprise some of you. Problem is most of us believe its only bad sportsmanship when the other guy does it.
Do I think switching the numbers is bad sportsmanship, yeah I do. Do I think any coach out there gives a damn what I think? Nope.

truebluestang
10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
No , it is not illegal. Teams can have a kid switch a jersey in the middle of a game if they need him to go from a backs # to a lineman #. Mathis did it against Ingleside last year when Butler and Washington switched jersies. I heard from Coach that they were just returning the favor. To me it is just good strategy as deception is part of the game. Offenses try to deceive defenses and vise versa. Good move on the coaches part. Of course the kids still had to make plays which they did. Both McHughs had 2 touchdowns receiving.

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 03:17 PM
What I want to know....P4S, is your username on the Caller-Times "ukidnme":evillol: :evillol: lol no, I don't have a username on CT and if I did I probably forgot what it was :doh:

all of a sudden I find myself shaking my head...too funny.... :rolleyes:

Trench Warrior
10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
No , it is not illegal. Teams can have a kid switch a jersey in the middle of a game if they need him to go from a backs # to a lineman #. Mathis did it against Ingleside last year when Butler and Washington switched jersies. I heard from Coach that they were just returning the favor. To me it is just good strategy as deception is part of the game. Offenses try to deceive defenses and vise versa. Good move on the coaches part. Of course the kids still had to make plays which they did. Both McHughs had 2 touchdowns receiving.

If there is circumstances in a game where that would occur and a coach knows about it he has to clear it with the officials before the game. If a jersey gets ripped during a game they can make exceptions. But I don't believe a coach can knowingly put the wrong name with a number.

Ernest T Bass
10-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I know come friday night, my only goal is to kick your --- by any means necessary within the confines of the rules. That's it. I dont care if you feel good about it, I dont care if the confidence of your kids is crushed, I dont care if you win or lose every other game. My objective is to score more points than you. If I can get an upper hand by tricking your kids or intimidating your kids, then I'll damned sure do it and I wont lose one second of sleep over it!

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I know come friday night, my only goal is to kick your --- by any means necessary within the confines of the rules. That's it. I dont care if you feel good about it, I dont care if the confidence of your kids is crushed, I dont care if you win or lose every other game. My objective is to score more points than you. If I can get an upper hand by tricking your kids or intimidating your kids, then I'll damned sure do it and I wont lose one second of sleep over it!
:thumbsup:

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 03:37 PM
lol, if you say so...:cool:

I have declared this my "be nice to Ingleside week" so I am going to refrain from voicing an opinion and since I'm not a coach, it wouldn't mean much anyway.

You are relieved of your declaration. Fire away. :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2010, 04:14 PM
You are relieved of your declaration. Fire away. :D

:tisk:

Besides, I'm still cringing over Ernest T's last post. Glad it made you feel better though.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Well its even made it to 1230 am radio show as somebody called in wanting to know if it was legal about 20 mins ago. Radio guys found it interesting with one saying coach H might be on to something with teams having twins.

sinton66
10-28-2010, 04:20 PM

Besides, I'm still cringing over Ernest T's last post. Glad it made you feel better though.:)

That's the kind of attitude you would look for in a coach, isn't it?

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
That's the kind of attitude you would look for in a coach, isn't it?

For the most part, yes.

I think it was just the last sentence that sent a little chill up my spine. He should have stopped one sentence sooner.;)

BaseballUmp
10-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Yup happens all the time...we played teams in the playoffs that switched up jerseys...hempstead I believe and it didn't take long to figure out who was who...also say you get blood all over your jersey. Don't you have to either clean it up or get a new jersey therefore most likely having a different number. It is really not that big of a deal at all

Johnny Utah
10-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Illegal, no. Unethical.....that is for others to decide. I would not do it.

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 04:52 PM

I wasn't feeling bad about it. I just agree with Ernest T. I probably would have stated that opinion a little more softly than him but I agree with the context of what he said.

Lake Pirate
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang

As far as I remember, Mathis vs Ingleside last year was pretty memorable so I find it really funny that anyone from Ingleside would want to lie about Mathis switching jerseys. Donnie wore #2 because his jersey was ripped during the TM game two weeks earlier but rashad didn't change his jersey. Maybe they heard that the two are related and assumed they also looked alike. Wrong, they do not look alike. It's even funnier when you remember that in that game Donnie made the game saving tackle. There are thousands of on-field post game celebration pics of the boys wearing no helmets. Who ever started that lie should have thought it out a little better, there's just too much out there on that partcular game.

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 05:34 PM

lol
I'm on your Bandwagon now.
:clap: :2thumbsup

IHStangFan
10-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Seriously... some people want to make a mountain out of a molehill. The only reason it's getting this type of feedback is because Ingleside won. Had the score been reversed, no one would have their panties in a wad. No doubt, and after 4 quarters of play, you'd think he'd of been able to figure out who to key on regardless of what number was on the kid's back. LOL. :wave:

Ridiculous.

Phil C
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Coach H is a fine man and a very good coach but I wish he hadn't made the statement to the paper and maybe this wouldn't have come up. I am sure everything was legal but we didn't need this to come up especially with the sorrow of one of the Mathis players losing his mother during the game.

Maroon87
10-28-2010, 08:50 PM

Settle down, killer...

OnceABucJr
10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
P4S, any comment on the coach tatting himself on the --- back???

ATMO
10-28-2010, 10:26 PM
e. Numbers shall not be changed during the games to deceive opponents.

TexMike
10-29-2010, 06:07 AM
As the previous poster indicated, changing jerseys during the game to deceive IS a foul. It is pretty serious also as it will require ejection of the offending player.

99IHSMustang
10-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by TexMike
As the previous poster indicated, changing jerseys during the game to deceive IS a foul. It is pretty serious also as it will require ejection of the offending player.

So the UIL and NCAA rules are one in the same?

TexMike
10-29-2010, 06:28 AM
The UIL uses NCAA playing rules (for now). They have issued a few exceptions, i.e. kickoff from the 40, clock issues, etc but for the most part the game is played just as it is in college. There may be UIL ADMINISTRATIVE rules that could come into the situation but they would not be anything the officials could deal with as part of the game.

sinton66
10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by TexMike

In this case, it was done before the game started. Still illegal?

TexMike
10-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Not according to the playing rules. I can't speak to UIL administrative rules.

baseballcoach13
10-29-2010, 07:53 AM
So why can lineman put on different jerseys to become eligible recievers...or vice versa?

TexMike
10-29-2010, 08:20 AM
If in the judgment of the official the change was done for a legitimate reason, i.e. permit someone to go into an eligible position, and not for deception, it is legal. The best way to make sure you do not get flagged if you are doing this is to advise the officials you are doing it and they can then advise the other team. Then clearlythere is no deception involved.

kaorder1999
10-29-2010, 08:25 AM
happens all the time. No need to make a big deal of this. Happens in a LOT of places

Ernest T Bass
10-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Settle down, killer...

Not a chance. ;)

dirtysouth
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ATMO

During the game....says nothing about before they game. Ive seen players wear their buddies jersey for a game because he just had season ended surgery.

Line up and play the game. They both had 2 TDs....would anything have changed if they wouldnt have switched jerseys? Probably not!!

99IHSMustang
10-29-2010, 08:58 AM
When I first heard about it, I didn't think it was a big deal (still don't just voicing my opinion) and didn't think any rules were broken (from the sounds of it there weren't any rules that were broken). Now there are some people bringing up the Coaches integrity... yada. yada. yada.

I guess we are just in that age where some indivduals can't swallow defeat and everything has to be politically correct.

pancho villa
10-29-2010, 10:10 AM
What is the problem? "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough!" (Pancho)

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
When I first heard about it, I didn't think it was a big deal (still don't just voicing my opinion) and didn't think any rules were broken (from the sounds of it there weren't any rules that were broken). Now there are some people bringing up the Coaches integrity... yada. yada. yada.

I guess we are just in that age where some indivduals can't swallow defeat and everything has to be politically correct.

Exactly. Ingleside pulled off the big upset so somebody has to cry about it. I'm surprised they aren't whining about 3 onsides kicks. Tricky plays like that show a lack of integrity. :D :rolleyes:

Ingleside Fan
10-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
What is the problem? "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying hard enough!" (Pancho)

LMAO! Ain't that the truth! My high school coach taught us how not to get caught!

Leave coach H alone! He is a good Coach and Man. :hand:

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone!

Phil C
10-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
LMAO! Ain't that the truth! My high school coach taught us how not to get caught!

Leave coach H alone! He is a good Coach and Man. :hand:

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone!

SOMEBODY QUICK! GIVE ME A ROCK! GIVE ME A ROCK!

:mad:

Ingleside Fan
10-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SOMEBODY QUICK! GIVE ME A ROCK! GIVE ME A ROCK!

:mad:

LMAO! Twice in one day! Thanks Phil C. :cool:

bp80884
10-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Set-up

The Twist

This is a trick scenario because is 2010 Brownwood can do no wrong. So, can you replace Brownwood in the scenario and run it by the 3A Downlow again so we can realistically analyze the situation?

Thank you in advance!

MustangFever52
10-30-2010, 12:19 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this an NCAA rule 1-4-2 or something to that reference and not UIL? Big difference, people just need to get over it. :D

Mustinag Fan from Rowlett, nice to hear from you.

SintonPirateFan
10-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Exactly. Ingleside pulled off the big upset so somebody has to cry about it. I'm surprised they aren't whining about 3 onsides kicks. Tricky plays like that show a lack of integrity. :D :rolleyes:

kinda hard for them to complain about that this week.....

:D

Frontline Force
10-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Its all good bottom line ingleside wanted it more and got it...was a great win for the mustangs good luck in the playoffs

TexMike
10-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by MustangFever52
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't this an NCAA rule 1-4-2 or something to that reference and not UIL? Big difference, people just need to get over it. :D

Mustinag Fan from Rowlett, nice to hear from you.
UIL games are played under NCAA rules This rule applies in UIL games

Ingleside Fan
10-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by MustangFever52
quote: Mustinag Fan from Rowlett, nice to hear from you.

Thanks Fever52

Sure miss being part of the Ingleside team!

bulldog82
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm all for whatever it takes to get the win, ie. trick plays, changing jerseys, etc. I have a problem with it when teams do it to run up the score or beating a team when they're down. Seems to me Ingleside did what they felt they needed to do to win. Agree with dirtysouth, they both had 2 Td's. Was it because they did'nt know which twin they were covering? Did'nt seem to make a difference.

sinfan75
11-01-2010, 07:24 PM
You people are still arguing over this? :D Get over it!!:rolleyes: