PDA

View Full Version : How do so many top teams end up in one district?

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-02-2003, 07:57 PM
How do so many top ranked teams end up in district 23 3a? Bellville, Sealy, and Navasota are all top ranked teams and are in the same district. Also does anyone have any ideas on who are the top players from each team in the district?

sinton66
09-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Interesting screen name...... taking up a collection? :D

Bellville22
09-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Bellville: Buenger, QB (District MVP last year); Goeke, WR/K. Bryant, RB.

Sealy: Andrus, RB- very fast 4.3-4.4, very good runner

Navasota: Smith, RB- big, power runner, Newcomer of the Year last year I believe. Also have a good QB, but not sure on the name.

Should be a great race. Bellville probably has the most talent, but circle a trip to the "Snakepit", which could be the game of the year. I look for Navasota to finish second, they're good, just ask 4A State Finalist Brenham. They're tough road game comes when they travel to Sealy. Everyone is talking about the finale between Bellville/Sealy, should be good, but I think the Bellville/Navasota game will be the one to watch.

The way the schedule is set up, this could very easily end with three 4-1 teams at the top. But I'm betting on my Bulls to run the table once more.

jason
09-02-2003, 08:35 PM
10-3A...Forney, Commerce, Wilmer Hutchins...

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Man whats the joke about the screen name? I guess you will have to tickle me so i can laugh. Okay any ways what about the other teams in the district Columbus, Hempstead, and Stafford. Any good players on those teams?

HotDawg89
09-02-2003, 08:42 PM
The joke about the hat is that in church, or whenever someone is taking up a collection, they say they are passing the hat! Have you not heard that before? I think the remark was funny, and I like your screen name too.

Your question... Burnet and Bandera were both in the state finals last year. How do all the good teams end up in 1 district??? LUCK. Most teams won't have extremely good seasons forever. There are a few, but in general, we all have our re-building years. My answer--- LUCK.

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

toby070
09-02-2003, 08:44 PM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Man whats the joke about the screen name? I guess you will have to tickle me so i can laugh. Okay any ways what about the other teams in the district Columbus, Hempstead, and Stafford. Any good players on those teams?I bring the hat? I'm wondering if you bring heat, not hat?

Anyway, your question will bring out the naysayers who say the answer to your original question is that some regions/areas (region 4 usually) are weak...BUT Burnet (D1 runner-up) and Bandera (D2 champ, 3rd place in district) came out of the same district last year.

3afan
09-02-2003, 09:10 PM
jason:
10-3A...Forney, Commerce, Wilmer Hutchins...uhhh - Forney & Hutch are in 13-3A, Commerce is in 10-A
:D

jason
09-02-2003, 09:16 PM
oh....i thought commerce was still in our district??? i was concentrating too hard on homework to realize what i was posting...

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2003, 11:33 PM
30-3a... Sinton.. mathis... taft eek! eek!
hehe... taft will make the playoffs...

3afan
09-03-2003, 06:06 AM
jason:
oh....i thought commerce was still in our district??? i was concentrating too hard on homework to realize what i was posting...what are you doing posting while you're doing homework !?!?!??! frown

BrahmaMom
09-03-2003, 08:19 AM
What about Runnels, Kieke, and Schneider for Bellville? They all have potential to play at the next level. For that matter, the LBs are a tough group--Grell, Laughter, and Milsted. Heck, the team is loaded with talent. No doubt, we have some competition in our district, though. Go Brahmas!

texcaj
09-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Top players from Navasota are: Smith jr-rb, Martin jr-qb, Mock sr-lb, Myles sr-wr/cb, Wesley jr-ol(state finalist powerlifter), and Jones sr-fs. There are more, like their punter, Kaspar, who really made a big play last Sat. in the dome and averages around 40 a punt.

Chief Woodman
09-03-2003, 11:23 AM
How about geography. They are in the same district because they are close together. DUH!

crzyjournalist03
09-03-2003, 11:24 AM
jason:
10-3A...Forney, Commerce, Wilmer Hutchins...I think what jason meant to post was:

Forney, Dallas Madison, Dallas Pinkston... :D

bd0707
09-03-2003, 11:36 AM
My opinion on the original topic is that teams within a distict, often feed on each others strengths, thus improvement by demand.

BlueBlood
09-03-2003, 11:37 AM
I think the reasons some districts have a bunch of good teams is because once you get quality programs at a school it causes other schools to get better. A good program at a rival school will elevate other programs. Coaches will work the kids harder and find the money needed to take that step up to the next level. Just my take.

whtfbplaya
09-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Every team that played last week in 28-3a won.

And when he said he brings hat, I think he means like hitting hard in football. Its kinda slang.

toby070
09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
whtfbplaya:
Every team that played last week in 28-3a won.

And when he said he brings hat, I think he means like hitting hard in football. Its kinda slang.oops, maybe I'm showing my age...not up on the slang like I thought :D