PDA

View Full Version : WWGDD

DDBooger
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
What Would Greg Davis Do?

http://wwgdd.spreadshirt.com/men-s-wwgdd-heavytee-orange-A6634769/customize/color/95

runtowin
10-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Supposedly the best talent in the country and can't use it correctly!

theville
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
He doesn't put the players in the best position possible.

He doesnt seem to get away from his zone read, drop back scheme. Got him 4-3 so far. LMAO, and a loss to Iowa State.

Could you imagine Texas running something simialr to Oregon? WOW. Dare to dream though.

Old Tiger
10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
This parody of a Greg Davis press conference is funny

"On how players get evaluated and chosen to play: I try to keep our most explosive running backs, DJ and Fozzy, on the bench as much as possible. They don't really fit the horizontal offense because they're too fast. That's why I usually call the wide receiver screens to the slowest receivers, too. The whole point is to get the defense moving side to side, and if you pick up too many yards at once you can't do that.

On RB D.J. Monroe: Too explosive to be useful.

On the development of D. J. Monroe: He's just not learning the horizontal offense like we'd like. Keeps running up the field instead of toward the sideline. And he's really fast, and that's just not what we're looking for. When we use our slower players, the defense has to run farther to make the tackle. Tires 'em out. Fast offensive players run right toward the defense. I don't understand why you'd make the defense's job easier by taking the ball toward them. Make them do the work and run all the way into your backfield to make a tackle.

On playing tight: I talked to Garrett [Gilbert] about this yesterday and told him playing tight is a good thing. The last thing you ever want to do is play loose or with confidence. That's when you throw four or five interceptions instead of only three.

On if QB Garrett Gilbert is making the same mistakes: I haven't seen any mistakes from Garrett.

On the pressure on Garrett Gilbert: Garrett really wants to win every game, so he puts a lot of pressure on himself. I told him to relax, all we need is two more wins to get to a bowl game, so we're right where we want to be.

On getting the offense to start the game with more urgency: We prefer to do most of our scoring in the fourth quarter when we're already behind by at least three touchdowns. Makes it exciting for the fans. Everybody loves a comeback attempt.

On what is stopping the momentum: Sometimes we choose to stop the momentum ourselves. Part of our strategy. We like to get a first down or two, get it out near midfield, and then get to fourth down so we can punt and pin the other team deep. Then when we get a turnover, we're already in field goal range. That's a lot easier than trying to move the ball all the way down there on offense.

On WR DeSean Hales stepping up: He runs a 4.4, so I wouldn't expect that we'll use him again. Too fast. "