PDA

View Full Version : Best Sports Month of the Year

MesquiteFan
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
My buddy and I were having a debate about this a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would come on here with it.

My opinion has always been that March is the best sports month of the year because of the NCAA basketball tournament (I'm a huge college basketball fan) but now I think it might be October.

Think about it. You have college football, the NFL, MLB postseason, the start of the NBA and NHL seasons, and the conclusion of the NASCAR season. I'm not sure it gets much better than that.

What are your thoughts?

DDBooger
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
My buddy and I were having a debate about this a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I would come on here with it.

My opinion has always been that March is the best sports month of the year because of the NCAA basketball tournament (I'm a huge college basketball fan) but now I think it might be October.

Think about it. You have college football, the NFL, MLB postseason, the start of the NBA and NHL seasons, and the conclusion of the NASCAR season. I'm not sure it gets much better than that.

What are your thoughts? Lots of beer consumption.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I think the absolute best sports month happens once every 4 years during the Summer Olympics.

ronwx5x
10-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Easy one! December high school football!!!:inlove:

OldNavy
10-27-2010, 02:28 PM
As much as I like March Madness, I have to say December is my favorite. High School Playoffs, College bowls begin and NFL football all tied up nicely with the holidays.

It's the most wonderful time of the year

With the kids jingle belling

And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

It's the hap-happiest season of all

With those holiday greetings and big rivalry meetings

When friends come for football

It's the hap- happiest season of all

Merry Christmas!
:thumbsup:

Phil C
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM
Don't forget July when we get to enjoy the Tour de France!

M-town lobo fan
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
October is Great but I'm a Die Hard Football Fanatic and cant stand that the MLB,NBA,NHL& NASCAR are trying to invade on Football time.They need to end before Football Season and start at the end of Football Season.Football is Americas Sport It should be a Law!:)

rojosgirl
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I think the absolute best sports month happens once every 4 years during the Summer Olympics.

:ditto:

That's certainly one of the best! Gotten even better lately - my nephew is an Olympic high jumper. Went to school at 3A LaVernia. The games have a whole new meaning now! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
:ditto:

That's certainly one of the best! Gotten even better lately - my nephew is an Olympic high jumper. Went to school at 3A LaVernia. The games have a whole new meaning now! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That is awesome, you will have to keep us posted on his progress. I hope to be sitting on my back porch watching him in 2012!:)

Summer Olympics are so much better than Winter. Just my ever-so-humble opinion though.:cool:

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
As much as I like March Madness, I have to say December is my favorite. High School Playoffs, College bowls begin and NFL football all tied up nicely with the holidays.

With the kids jingle belling

And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

It's the hap-happiest season of all

With those holiday greetings and big rivalry meetings

When friends come for football

It's the hap- happiest season of all

Merry Christmas!
:thumbsup:

I'll drink to that!:clap:

DUKE22
10-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan

What are your thoughts? I agree with October. I also agree that the NCAA bball tourney is amazing. Its the best tournament/playoff system or series that there is. Super Bowl is the greatest single event by far. Those two are the two that it seems like everyone watches. Even my Mother fills out a bracket in March. She may not watch a football game all year, but she will watch the Super Bowl.