PDA

View Full Version : Taking a drive through some great football towns Friday

rangerjoe33
10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Headed down to Palacious area Friday to visit an old coaching friend. Once we exit at Waco and get on 77 South we will be driving through some awesome football towns, in order from north to south:

Robinson
Rosebud-Lott
Cameron
Rockdale
Lexington
Giddings
LaGrange
Schulenburg - will stop here for the game before going further south to Tidehaven (friend coaches at Tidehaven) for the rest of the weekend.

When we drive to the coast every summer I enjoy the drive down 77 instead of I-35 (especially with a travel trailer)...the food in Schulenburg is awesome. There are a lot of great football towns in Texas, but this drive has some of the best towns on a single stretch I have driven.

Gsquared
10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Coincidently (sp?) I have unpaid speeding tickets in over half of these towns.

Yoe_09
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Headed down to Palacious area Friday to visit an old coaching friend. Once we exit at Waco and get on 77 South we will be driving through some awesome football towns, in order from north to south:

Robinson
Rosebud-Lott
Cameron
Rockdale
Lexington
Giddings
LaGrange
Schulenburg - will stop here for the game before going further south to Tidehaven (friend coaches at Tidehaven) for the rest of the weekend.

When we drive to the coast every summer I enjoy the drive down 77 instead of I-35 (especially with a travel trailer)...the food in Schulenburg is awesome. There are a lot of great football towns in Texas, but this drive has some of the best towns on a single stretch I have driven.

Great football towns indeed. If you are wanting some excellent Mexican food I receommend you stop at Los Comales in Cameron. It is right off 77 to the right( passed the nursing home and next to the CEFCO).

Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?layer=c&cbll=30.866703,-96.972932&cbp=12,,,1,&cid=1420259694563676761&q=los%20comales%20cameron%20texas&ved=0CDYQ2wU&sa=X&ei=g2TITITLEY6sygT4ocjyBQ)

rangerjoe33
10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Coincidently (sp?) I have unpaid speeding tickets in over half of these towns. I bet you do G.

OldNavy
10-27-2010, 02:10 PM

WHAT! You don't slow down and pay respects to the football histories and traditions in these fine communities. I'm shocked!

(Unless of course you are on your way for nachos and beer, then I completely understand!)

BaseballUmp
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM

Maybe that's why our Police Chief resigned the other day because he couldn't get you haha...

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2010, 09:53 PM
I had a similar drive (different towns) a couple of weeks ago, but headed North. :)