PDA

View Full Version : DMN writers pick the Rangers

3afan
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM
shock ...

Tim Cowlishaw – Rangers in 7
In a Series no one saw coming, Giants will hit better than people think but Rangers pitching will do the same and bring a championship banner to town.

Gerry Fraley – Rangers in 5
In a bizarre twist, the Rangers are better suited for the National League game than lead-footed San Francisco. The Giants lack the speed to create runs. They tied the Chicago Cubs for the fewest stolen bases (55) in the NL during the regular season. The Giants rarely put together the big innings need for comebacks. They are 15-56 for the regular season and playoffs when trailing by more than one run at any point.

Evan Grant – Rangers in 5
The Giants have great starting pitching that may well end the Rangers’ postseason streak of 11 games with a home run, but the Rangers offense is so much more than that. Here’s the way thing will go: Elvis Andrus will get games started by creating runs, putting more pressure on the Giants pitchers and the Rangers will tack on a couple of runs against the bullpen. Cliff Lee beats Tim Lincecum in Arlington to set off the wildest celebration in Dallas-Fort Worth sports history.

Barry Horn – Rangers in 6
I'm a little worried about this one. It's a no-brainer on paper, and that always scares me. The Rangers are the better team. But the Giants are here, and their pitching is tough. Still, here are two words that make the difference: Cliff Lee.

Kevin Sherrington – Rangers in 6
If a World Series title doesn't make it a baseball town, Jerry Jones just might.

Jean-Jacques Taylor – Rangers in 6
After vanquishing the two best teams in the American League, the Rangers versatile offense will be just enough for them to slide past the Giants.

Brad Townsend – Rangers in 6
These are mirror-image teams in nearly every respect, except two: one minor, the other major. The Rangers have slightly more offensive firepower. And they have the most dominant postseason pitcher since Bob Gibson.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/102610dnsporangpredict.1c81a5c92.html)

MoveInDad
10-27-2010, 10:50 AM
:) ;) :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 11:42 AM
The Rangers have a slightly better offense come on Brad I would say it is much better than the Giants not slightly.