PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales, Cuero, Sam Houston

fire_it_up
10-27-2010, 09:36 AM
What about this scenario? Let's say Gonzales beats La Vernia, Cuero beats Sam Houston, and Apaches turn around and beat Cuero, all three teams would be tied for the championship (5-1). What happens then? What do you think of the chances of that happening? I think Gonzales has a shot!!!!

buff4ever
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by fire_it_up
What about this scenario? Let's say Gonzales beats La Vernia, Cuero beats Sam Houston, and Apaches turn around and beat Cuero, all three teams would be tied for the championship (5-1). What happens then? What do you think of the chances of that happening? I think Gonzales has a shot!!!!

I say if cuero beats SH, then gonzales will not be in the game with cuero

rojosgirl
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
IMO, I don't think you'll have to worry about it happening that way.

ramirezg
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Don't underestimate gonzales now. Things can happen.:hand: and things will happen.

Green Bling
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
The Gobblers are not in the habit of underestimating their opponents especially when they are of SH's and Gonzales' caliber. Both the remaining games are going to be tough, but the Gobs are up to the challenge!!
:cheerl: GOOOO MEEEEAN GREEEEN!!:cheerl:

ramirezg
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
No one said ya'll were not up to the challenge. I just said, things could happen that way, and will happen that way. I know cuero will beat SH. But know this, when they play g-town it might be a different story. :D

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 11:03 AM
haha Cuero has quietly gone about their business. When they beat SASH, it won't be so quiet against Gonzales. Just my .02 cents, which I am entitled to :D

Should there be a 3 way tie, you all share the district title and then your tie-breaker rules come into play, whatever those maybe!

Good Luck!

Green Bling
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
This is the perfect way to finish district play! Always good going into the playoffs with good competition under your belt!!

ramirezg
10-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Thats True!:)

warpath
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Just for the record>>> The Gonzales players and coaches have quietly gone about their business too! The coaches and players can't help it if someone gets on a website and starts stirring it up... I promise the apache players haven't heard one word about the gobblers from the new coaching staff... The focus better be LaVernia....Good luck to the TRIBE!!!
Originally posted by pirate4state
haha Cuero has quietly gone about their business. When they beat SASH, it won't be so quiet against Gonzales. Just my .02 cents, which I am entitled to :D

Should there be a 3 way tie, you all share the district title and then your tie-breaker rules come into play, whatever those maybe!

Good Luck!

rojosgirl
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Lots of :stirpot: out there, but that's not my style. I'm ready for some good games and I hope everyone stays healthy. This is what it's all about and I'm lovin' it! :D

GO GOBBLERS!

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by warpath
Just for the record>>> The Gonzales players and coaches have quietly gone about their business too! The coaches and players can't help it if someone gets on a website and starts stirring it up... I promise the apache players haven't heard one word about the gobblers from the new coaching staff... The focus better be LaVernia....Good luck to the TRIBE!!! LOL I never said they had been boastful, did I? I merely meant and maybe should have said..."After Cuero's rougher than usual start, they have quietly gone about their business. Or more like "back to business".

Of course, when one is used to winning, they know how to act. :devil: :D

fire_it_up
10-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by warpath
Just for the record>>> The Gonzales players and coaches have quietly gone about their business too! The coaches and players can't help it if someone gets on a website and starts stirring it up... I promise the apache players haven't heard one word about the gobblers from the new coaching staff... The focus better be LaVernia....Good luck to the TRIBE!!!

Whoa!!Whoa!Whoa! Noone is stirring it up. I really asked, What happens then if they are all tied? Everyone ran away with this thread then. I know that alot of things have to happen in the right order for it to be a three way tie, I just wanted to know what happens then if that does happen? I really do think Apaches have a shot at that scenario.

BearBacker
10-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by fire_it_up
Whoa!!Whoa!Whoa! Noone is stirring it up. I really asked, What happens then if they are all tied? Everyone ran away with this thread then. I know that alot of things have to happen in the right order for it to be a three way tie, I just wanted to know what happens then if that does happen? I really do think Apaches have a shot at that scenario.

I believe that all 3 teams are considered district champs, and then I think that our district uses the "point system" to determine playoff seedings.

Of course the larger of the 3 schools goes to the Div. I playoff bracket, and the two others would be seeded according to their point difference between the 3 teams.

Did that help? If not, I'm sorry for making things more confusing.

ramirezg
10-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I do to..:D fire_it_up

fire_it_up
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BearBacker
I believe that all 3 teams are considered district champs, and then I think that our district uses the "point system" to determine playoff seedings.

Of course the larger of the 3 schools goes to the Div. I playoff bracket, and the two others would be seeded according to their point difference between the 3 teams.

Did that help? If not, I'm sorry for making things more confusing.

That did help. Thanks.