PDA

View Full Version : Athens @ Chapel Hill

Chillfan
10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
CH has a bye this week. Next week will be against Athens for the district championship. Both teams playing good ball.

Any thoughts?

Gsquared
10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Chillfan
CH has a bye this week. Next week will be against Athens for the district championship. Both teams playing good ball.

Any thoughts?
This should be a pretty good game. Sounds like this isnt your typical Athens team. I still think CH takes it by 14 or so

waterboy
10-27-2010, 08:04 AM
I think Chapel Hill takes it by at least 3 TDs. The Bulldogs are surprising a lot of people this year. After that big loss to Whitehouse to start the season, they've been on a roll. They've been steamrolling everybody. Athens has some good athletes, but Chapel Hill has the better team AND good athletes. I can't remember, if both Athens and Chapel Hill make the playoffs (a likelihood), who goes D1?

Chillfan
10-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think Chapel Hill takes it by at least 3 TDs. The Bulldogs are surprising a lot of people this year. After that big loss to Whitehouse to start the season, they've been on a roll. They've been steamrolling everybody. Athens has some good athletes, but Chapel Hill has the better team AND good athletes. I can't remember, if both Athens and Chapel Hill make the playoffs (a likelihood), who goes D1?

I think beatdown WH gave CH was the best thing that happened this year. CH came into the WH game riding a little high and they were humbled real quick. Havent been the same since. Not sure on who goes D1 waterboy.

waterboy
10-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Never mind. I found out, thanks to WOS87's reference sticky, that Chapel Hill is the largest school in the district. They will be D1. Good luck to the Bulldogs.:clap:

lostaussie
10-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome CHillfan!!! I been touting you guys all year. Seem to have a very good team................I say yall are gonna roll Athens. This is a team that could go deep in the playoffs.

Chillfan
10-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Welcome CHillfan!!! I been touting you guys all year. Seem to have a very good team................I say yall are gonna roll Athens. This is a team that could go deep in the playoffs.

Thanks - We give the Gilmer folk plenty of lip the last few years on Smoak. We always had to eat a little in the end but it was fun. Good Luck to yall. I sure we could match up this year.

waterboy
10-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Won't happen this year, or next year, but it would be fun. I'll definitely be pulling for y'all.