PDA

View Full Version : I just spent a weekend in Burnet...

jason
07-07-2003, 08:27 PM
...and if Forney loses to a podunk town like that in the State Championship then i think i might have to jump off a bridge...

3afan2K3
07-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Actually you spent the weekend in Buchanan Dam, not burnet

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Shotgun73
07-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Jason,
I don't think that you will have to worry about losing to Burnet in the State Championship. I am not sure that Forney can get there, but just in case you do, I will bring a life preserver for you. :D

VWG
07-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Whoa cowboy!
I thought all 3A towns were "podunk".
That's why we don't live in the crime ridden, traffic infested, smoggy cities.
Always remember where you came from.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Man...if you think Burnet is "Podunk"...I would hate to see what you would think about Greenwood.

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 10:43 PM
hes just mad, cuz forney isnt podunk anymore.

we have all these snoody folks moving in, and its becoming like plano and rockwall.

i wish we could stay small and be 3A forever. theres no chance of that happening unless we get a serial killer or our schools stop being exemplary in acedemics.

Shotgun73
07-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Burnet may not stay 3A that long either. I think that there are over 925 in high school. It will be interesting to see the numbers for the next two years after this season.

bulldawg89
07-07-2003, 11:45 PM
Jason, make sure you know how to swim... :D
Cause Burnets comin

big daddy russ
07-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Jimbotex40:
hes just mad, cuz forney isnt podunk anymore...i wish we could stay small and be 3A forever...Heck yeah, Jimbo. Here's to all the "podunk" towns that made Texas High School Football what it is today. Amen to all those podunk rednecks that came before us.

St. Ivender
07-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Burnet is a very nice town. I've only seen Forney going 90 with my hair on fire but it seemed pretty nice. Go to Kountze go to Buna, those are your proverbial "one horse towns".

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-08-2003, 08:25 AM
I drove through Forney a few days back, and yes, it IS starting to look more like Plano. The unfortunate thing out of all of this??? Eventually there will be more "soccer moms" than "football moms" in Forney. EEEEEWWW!!!!

Thankfully that will most likely NEVER happen in Port Isabel. NO big, major cities nearby to attract snooty city folk who prefer living in the suburbs, and naming their girls Jordan, Morgan (THAT'S A BOY'S NAME!!!), or Madison.

3afan
07-08-2003, 09:42 AM
i'll take 'podunk' any day .......

Jimbotex40
07-08-2003, 11:01 AM
dang tarpon fan, i dont want more soccer moms than football moms. that thought haunts and scares me to the point of not wanting to live here when i graduate college and get a real job.

what should the real Jackrabbits do to keep them out?

Old Dog
07-08-2003, 11:19 AM
jason, us old f--ts wish Burnet would stay podunk, but Austin metro is rushing at us similar to how Dallas metro is coming at Forney. I guess we are just a little further out. I hope we didn't bore you too bad and you can recover prior to Forney's first kickoff!

<small>[ July 08, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

BIG19
07-08-2003, 01:17 PM
jason, I would like to warn you though. Austin Reagan thought Burnet was just a podunk town and look back at what happened to them on the first game of the season. I hope everyone gets a chance to come to our little part of Texas. Sure, we roll the streets up early, but it is still a very nice place to live and grow up.

sinton66
07-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Jimbotex40:
dang tarpon fan, i dont want more soccer moms than football moms. that thought haunts and scares me to the point of not wanting to live here when i graduate college and get a real job.

what should the real Jackrabbits do to keep them out?Call 'em all communists, but NOT around Bandera Ya Ya! :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
07-09-2003, 11:03 AM
,,he he...glad to see you are watching out for everyone, Sinton66....you don't want me to start on that subject again!! :D

Burnet is great and the people are great. Never been to Forney, can't say I would ever need to go there, but it'll be sad if it gets like Plano and the likes... eek!

Ya Ya!!

"Bandera State 3A Football Champs" ...podunks done good!!