PDA

View Full Version : Kitna or McGee

M-town lobo fan
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
With Tony Romo being out and 1-5.Would you go with the Veteran Kitna for what he accomplished in the last 3 minutes of Monday Night Football or Look foward towards the future with young talent as McGee?

Pick6
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Don't think either one has a future as a starter in the NFL. But I'd go with McGee to see if he's even a capable back up.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 02:30 PM
As I said in another post

Go with Kitna for two games and then see where ur at..if they are 2-0, then u have to continue with Kitna because even slim their is still a chance Dallas is in play off contention.

If they go 1-1 or 0-2 then I think you then start looking at others in a bunch of positions

bowleghorses
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
JASON GARRETT!!!:eek:

GrTigers6
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Go with Kitna for two games and then see where ur at..if they are 2-0, then u have to continue with Kitna because even slim their is still a chance Dallas is in play off contention.

If they go 1-1 or 0-2 then I think you then start looking at others in a bunch of positions My thoughts exactly
:iagree:

Gontex
10-26-2010, 03:01 PM
The season is blown. Boys need lots of help. Defense is hardly adequate. At least they didn't shoot themselves in the foot last night with self destructing penalties. Go ahead and play for the first draft pick and get Cam Newton to play qb for you and start rebuilding for next year.

Phil C
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
What a hugh mistake that Dallas (and many other teams) made in not drafting Colt when they had the chance. He was drafted so late. A missed opportunity for the Cowboys and other teams.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
The season is blown. Boys need lots of help. Defense is hardly adequate. At least they didn't shoot themselves in the foot last night with self destructing penalties. Go ahead and play for the first draft pick and get Cam Newton to play qb for you and start rebuilding for next year. Cam Newton number 1 overall pick thats a joke right.

Originally posted by Phil C
What a hugh mistake that Dallas (and many other teams) made in not drafting Colt when they had the chance. He was drafted so late. A missed opportunity for the Cowboys and other teams. lol

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Neither :devil: :devil:

LH_Tuff
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Jim Plunkett

BwdLions
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Kitna is not a starting QB by any means, but I doubt McGee can do any better. The Boys are done.

MesquiteFan
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Cam Newton won't be the first pick of the draft, but Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallett will be and I would love to have either one of them. However, with Romo still here, it's questionable whether Jones would draft a QB with a high first round pick.

UPanIN
10-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What a hugh mistake that Dallas (and many other teams) made in not drafting Colt when they had the chance. He was drafted so late. A missed opportunity for the Cowboys and other teams.

:iagree:

big daddy russ
10-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
The season is blown. Boys need lots of help. Defense is hardly adequate. At least they didn't shoot themselves in the foot last night with self destructing penalties. Go ahead and play for the first draft pick and get Cam Newton to play qb for you and start rebuilding for next year.
As an Auburn fan with a man-crush on Cam, I have to be completely honest and say that he's not an NFL QB just yet. He's exactly where Vince Young was when VY was coming out of college. He can do damage when he moves around and makes the defense react to him, but has trouble picking apart a defense strictly from the pocket. Still has a little ways to go in reading defenses.

ApachePride
10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Cam Newton = Michael Bishop

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

If they go 1-1 or 0-2 then I think you then start looking at others in a bunch of positions +1 He has been in this role before when he came in for Carson Palmer and did a good job. Jacksonville defense isn't so great so might get a chance to get in rhythm with the offense.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
+1 He has been in this role before when he came in for Carson Palmer and did a good job. Jacksonville defense isn't so great so might get a chance to get in rhythm with the offense.

The key with Kitna is protect him and he can still fling it. If Dallas's O-Line was better I think he could easily put up good numbers, but he does not move around and it is been proven Romo masked alot of the O-line problems week to week

SpursFan
10-26-2010, 07:35 PM
DOES Anybody remember Jerry Passing over Brady Quinn in 2007 Draft!!

rojosgirl
10-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Go with McGee. Hopefully, he's the future.

Pick6
10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by SpursFan

Notre Dame is my team, passing on Quinn was a good thing. He couldn't win the job in Cleveland and in Denver he's behind Tebow. He was a product of the media machine at ND.

Besides Romo, Dallas doesn't have a future starting QB on the roster.

SintonPirateFan
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM
i agree drafting Luck from Stanford. that guy is NFL ready, probably more ready than Romo has ever been.

bwdlionfan
10-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Notre Dame is my team, passing on Quinn was a good thing. He couldn't win the job in Cleveland and in Denver he's behind Tebow. He was a product of the media machine at ND.

Besides Romo, Dallas doesn't have a future starting QB on the roster.

+1

slpybear the bullfan
10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by SpursFan

Yup. Good call, IMHO.

charlesrixey
10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
i agree drafting Luck from Stanford. that guy is NFL ready, probably more ready than Romo has ever been.

+1

Macarthur
10-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

Wow. Unbelievable.

You have to go with Kitna for the next few games. You owe it to the veterans to not throw away the season this early.

If they lose the next couple or go 1-3, then you seriously have to think about getting the kid some PT.

DDBooger
10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
yeah, I don't see Jerry drafting a QB high in the draft while paying Romo's salary as well. Besides, they have other glaring holes to fix.

Old Tiger
10-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Quincy Carter should starts!

DaHop72
10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Quincy Carter should starts! http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/grammar.gif

jlwttu
10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I think they should give McGee a shot. At 1-5 this season is pretty much over.

defense51
10-28-2010, 02:43 PM
McGee, why not???

Ernest T Bass
10-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Obviously, the answer is Kitna. The Cowgirl coaches work with these guys every day. They know if McGee is ready or not and they know who is the better QB at this point. It's their jobs on the line, so they're going to go with who gives them best chance to be successful, so Id say it has to be Kitna at this point.