PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones 1st Round 2011 Draft Pick

theville
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Ryan Mallett! Arkansas boy! LOL.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by theville
Ryan Mallett! Arkansas boy! LOL. People say Romo is too careless with the ball... Mallett is an Oakland Raider QB.

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm liking Andrew Luck more and more. Him or Jaxon Shipley lol

Bullaholic
10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by theville
Ryan Mallett! Arkansas boy! LOL.

Big kid, big arm, classic passer---I like him a lot. I think he will be an all-pro for some NFL team someday---I would just as soon it was the Cowboys...:D Remember one thing: If Jerry ain't happy-nobody is happy...:D

waterboy
10-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Draft a real head coach!:D Demote Wade to Defensive Coordinator, and terminate (or at least demote) the Offensive Coordinator Garrett. We need some major changes in the offensive line, too, along with some more beef on the defense. This Cowboy team needs some major attitude adjustment (discipline) that only a strong-handed coach can instill.

Sweetwater Red
10-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Ummm OL or secondary help? :confused:

Are their any top 5 prospects expected to be in the next draft? :thinking:

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Ummm OL or secondary help? :confused:

Are their any top 5 prospects expected to be in the next draft? :thinking: The CB from LSU Peterson or Patterson I cant remember is as high as 1 on some big boards.

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Aaron Williams Texas and Patrick Peterson LSU are top corners

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Draft a real head coach!:D Demote Wade to Defensive Coordinator, and terminate (or at least demote) the Offensive Coordinator Garrett. We need some major changes in the offensive line, too, along with some more beef on the defense. This Cowboy team needs some major attitude adjustment (discipline) that only a strong-handed coach can instill.

I agree! I think the D-line is fine but our LBs are horrible. In the 3-4 defense the LBs have to fill all the holes and beat the backs to the corners and ours are rarely able to do this. You want to see some quality LBs just watch the old Ray Lewis and his fellow LBs! We need a Ray Lewis type in the middle of our defense!!!!!

Macarthur
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Aaron Williams Texas and Patrick Peterson LSU are top corners

I would love to see Peterson with a star on his helmet.

He is a difference maker in the mold of Ed Reed.

Macarthur
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
And guys, the cowboys are not going to draft a QB first. Nor should they. :rolleyes:

teetle
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Jerry hases ruined the Dallas Cowboys. Theys a joke. Jerry need ato leave hais Coach alone or he need to fire him and run the teams himselfs. :D :eek: :eek: :D

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I think the perception that Wade is a fine DC and we should wish he should stay on in that position is now over.

BwdLion_80
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Any chance that Jones will trade up enough to get 22 first round picks? That way they could just start all over! Couldn't hurt, could it?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

ApachePride
10-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Ryan Mallet is next coming of Ryan Leaf.. I'd go with Mark Ingram. Barber's passed his prime, and Felix Jones is way overrated. Touch him with a pinky finger and he goes down. Ingram is fast and strong..

BwdLion_80
10-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh heck, what am I thinking. Jones, like in the past, will probably trade off any first round pick he has to avoid paying the big signing bonus that the first round pick(s) usually get.:doh:

Macarthur
10-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Jerry has his share of flaws, but not wanting to pay for players is not one of them.

crzyjournalist03
10-26-2010, 01:41 PM
The way things are headed, there will be a 2011 lockout, so even if the Cowboys do get a high draft pick, there won't be anywhere for them to play.

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 01:43 PM
something dumb out of some school no one has ever heard of.

MoveInDad
10-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I'm liking Andrew Luck more and more. Him or Jaxon Shipley lol
Having watched watched Andrew all through high school at Stratford you knew he was something special, he'll be a great NFL qb, extremely smart. I have no idea if he's coming out for the draft, but I have a feeling he'll decide to stay at Stanford another year to further develop under Harbaugh, get his degree, and seek a national championship, I do know he believes they're capable with the recruiting class they've put together.

STANG RED
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Is there any way we can draft a new owner?

Maybe Roger Stauback can do a Nolan Ryan type deal.;)

Twirling Time
10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The way things are headed, there will be a 2011 lockout, so even if the Cowboys do get a high draft pick, there won't be anywhere for them to play.

The way I understand it, if there is a lockout, there won't even be a draft until after they settle. There will be very few early declarations this year for that reason.

If the lockout goes into 2012, the draft is going to be a real mess with 2 years of players to choose from. I guess they expand it to 14 rounds then.

sinfan75
10-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Why are they going on strike? Asked this before but never got a clear answer.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Why are they going on strike? Asked this before but never got a clear answer.

they are not going on strike..collective agreement is expiring and the owners are going to LOCK THEM OUT

sinfan75
10-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
they are not going on strike..collective agreement is expiring and the owners are going to LOCK THEM OUT So basically the Players Union does not agree with the owners on certain things so the owners are saying no 2011 if you don't agree. Right?