PDA

View Full Version : World Series on dish network

steers2
10-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I hope the Rangers sweep the giants since supposedly dish network is turning Fox off Sunday at midnight. Does anyone have any insight on this?

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Maybe this will get their rear in gear and get something done. I would think this could cause some serious leverage from the major sports(MLB, NFL, NCAA, NBA etc.....). My guess is if a deal doesn't get passed anytime soon, these sports will be less reluctant to sign a multi-year deal with Fox.

DDBooger
10-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Maybe this will get their rear in gear and get something done. I would think this could cause some serious leverage from the major sports(MLB, NFL, NCAA, NBA etc.....). My guess is if a deal doesn't get passed anytime soon, these sports will be less reluctant to sign a multi-year deal with Fox. They're replacing lost ad revenue by demanding it from somewhere else. They've been fighting with every cable provider it seems except Directv. I think.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
They're replacing lost ad revenue by demanding it from somewhere else. They've been fighting with every cable provider it seems except Directv. I think.

Yep, If I remember correctly, our local provider is having issues also(Harris Broadband).

Phil C
10-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
They're replacing lost ad revenue by demanding it from somewhere else. They've been fighting with every cable provider it seems except Directv. I think.

And probably Directtv will be included when their contract ends. :(

lostaussie
10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by steers2
I hope the Rangers sweep the giants since supposedly dish network is turning Fox off Sunday at midnight. Does anyone have any insight on this? i have lost my Fox sports channels for now.................but I did not think it was affecting the local fox channel. if this is the case someone please let me know.

steers2
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
http://getwhatipaidfor.com/home

Emerson1
10-26-2010, 07:35 PM
There is also an ancient device called an antenna. If you have an HDTV you can get in in HD over the air too.

Yoe_09
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow, if this was happening with DirecTv then I would be thoroughly upset. We left Dish in like 05 because they were not going to offer the MLB Extra Innings package and now there is no FSN SW, FX, National Geographic and now possibly Fox....lol.

eagleqb_14
10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by steers2
I hope the Rangers sweep the giants since supposedly dish network is turning Fox off Sunday at midnight. Does anyone have any insight on this? its bull crap and im pissed,

bobcat1
10-26-2010, 08:16 PM
I am flipping to AT&T Uverse after being with Dish since 1995.

LionFan72
10-26-2010, 08:30 PM
If I am not mistaken, Rupert Murdock owns significant shares in DirectTV and of course Fox?? A simple ploy to increase subscribers to DirectTV? Not sure.

The other hand is greed from Dishnetwork, too! I called and complained to Dish this weekend, and found that they are negotiating for a resolution on Nov.1. Probably not going to happen, so the Series may be dark in Nov.

Pay TV at its worst. Yes I am politely fuming at the loss of my Fox stations, and they both are holding the viewers hostage. What do we do? HDTV antennas and dump the sniveling greedy "dogs."

Just another indication that we the people need to take our country back!

bobcat1
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Just another indication that we the people need to take our country back! I am all over that!

LionFan72
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I am all over that!

At least one thing we can finally agree on, bobcat1!

And the love of football of course!

GrTigers6
10-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I am flipping to AT&T Uverse after being with Dish since 1995. I would too but they dont offer it at my house even though it is available 100 yards away in another subdivision. Its stupid

Keith7
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
switch to Directv.. best service by far and you can put me down as a reference and we both get $100

slpybear the bullfan
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Alternatively, for Directv you can put me down for a reference and we will both get $100.

:D

bobcat1
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
At least one thing we can finally agree on, bobcat1!

And the love of football of course! Oh we probably agree on a whole bunch more than we know since you are from my decade. ;)

crzyjournalist03
10-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Or sign up for Fios and never lose your tv during a storm again.

lostaussie
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Direct TV service is CRAP.............dropped them like a hot potato about 3 years ago. I may have to change, but it won't be back to them.

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Direct TV service is CRAP.............dropped them like a hot potato about 3 years ago. I may have to change, but it won't be back to them.

I have had Verizon, Charter, suddenlink Dish, Timewarner and Direct and IMO Direct was the best service wise...just all depends on who u get on the phone lol