PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Buffaloes Vs. Rockdale Tigers

buff4ever
10-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Come on, play offs are on the line. What are you all thinking on this one?

I think that Giddings will rise above in this game and secure a playoff spot.

GiddingsFan
10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
we can handle it!

hookandladder
10-26-2010, 12:20 PM
With the return of Rockdale's All State LB I think Rockdale has a chance, game will be determined on who's running game is best that night and turnovers. Neither team throws the ball very well although Rockdale would have the slight edge, if game is at Rockdale I will go with the upset. Rockdale by a TD.

GiddingsFan
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
and all the fans in LG would cheer...

the difference is a linebacker for crying out loud? We lost to BR with a helluva #5 by 3 points and you think we will lose to Rockdale?

You have some interesting points.

hookandladder
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Are you going to bitch with everyone that predicts your team to lose, get over the Giddings-LG crap. Just my opinion, like it or not. Their LB that returned last Friday is a beast and he will make a big difference in the game, most D-1 players will at the 3A level.

GiddingsFan
10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Of course I am going to bitch about people picking our team to lose!!!!!!

This is a place where you post opinions. I am on the Giddings-Rockdale thread where I am from GIDDINGS. What are you doing on our dang threads all the time.. this is for banter between Giddings and Rockdale people.

Johnny Utah
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Go Tigers, too much left over turmoil in Giddings for the Buffs to win. JMO

hookandladder
10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Of course I am going to bitch about people picking our team to lose!!!!!!

This is a place where you post opinions. I am on the Giddings-Rockdale thread where I am from GIDDINGS. What are you doing on our dang threads all the time.. this is for banter between Giddings and Rockdale people.

So are you saying only Giddings and Rockdale fans are allowed to post on this tread, that must be a new rule that I have not heard about. Thanks for letting me know, Rockdale by a Td.

GiddingsFan
10-26-2010, 05:20 PM
just supporting my team, old man

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 05:29 PM
If in Giddings Rockdale is screwed because of homecooking by refs.

hookandladder
10-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
just supporting my team, old man

Hey you think 40 something is old, it's not how old you are but how old you feel. You must be a green horn, don't worry you will get there.

GiddingsFan
10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Game is in Giddings

Dogman_1969
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Don't be surprised if the sprinklers come on in the 2md quarter again.

Mojado
10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
If in Giddings Rockdale is screwed because of homecooking by refs.

lol... Buffs are the most penalized team in the state!

No Sprinklers dude... Its the Plastice Pasture that Hookandladder said would be melted with that brutal offense they run in La Grunge.

And yes, that LB from Rockdale WILL be a difference maker.

OLE'BULL
10-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Are you going to bitch with everyone that predicts your team to lose, get over the Giddings-LG crap. Just my opinion, like it or not. Their LB that returned last Friday is a beast and he will make a big difference in the game, most D-1 players will at the 3A level.

Where does he have offers from?

buffalo2006
10-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Don't be surprised if the sprinklers come on in the 2md quarter again.

You know how we Giddings' people do it, watering turf?

Why don't we ask Grady to mow the rocks while we are at it? Or water the concrete?

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Where does he have offers from? Rivals says

Texas Tech, Alabama, Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas A&M, UCLA, and USC

OLE'BULL
10-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Rivals says

Texas Tech, Alabama, Baylor, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas A&M, UCLA, and USC

Nice, has he committed?

zebrablue2
10-26-2010, 09:28 PM
giddings will slide by in this one, but they ain't going far after that!! buffs by 2 tds!!!

Yoe_09
10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
The linebacker from Rockdale will be a big asset as much as Giddings runs the ball. If you can throw the ball and do some different things offensively you will not have to worry as much...but if your going to run, run, and run, then he could present some problems. I am taking Rockdale in a close one by 1.

track33
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Giddings has a good running game. If they can pass just alittle the tigers will be in trouble. Giddings defense must contain #3 Brooks. He has two games this year with over 300 yards. With that said I like Giddings by 14.

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Nice, has he committed? To Tech...some say they doubt that holds up though.

buffalo2006
10-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe he follows his brother to A&M? 6'3 220 sounds like a good size outside backer

hookandladder
10-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
lol... Buffs are the most penalized team in the state!

No Sprinklers dude... Its the Plastice Pasture that Hookandladder said would be melted with that brutal offense they run in La Grunge.

And yes, that LB from Rockdale WILL be a difference maker.

You may want to go back and see who said that about the plastic pasture before you quote me, I never said a word about it. It is spelled La Grange.

buff4ever
10-27-2010, 09:16 AM
hook the game is in giddings, you haven't responded to that so I guess rockdale by 7 if in rockdale is still rockdale by maybe 4 or something:D jk you can say whatever you want on our thread

Still think Giddings has too much talent for Rockale to come here and get a win with the playoffs on the line. Giddings boys know how to win this game.

Our defense, I believe is good enough to not allow someone to just run all over us.

hookandladder
10-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
hook the game is in giddings, you haven't responded to that so I guess rockdale by 7 if in rockdale is still rockdale by maybe 4 or something:D jk you can say whatever you want on our thread

Still think Giddings has too much talent for Rockale to come here and get a win with the playoffs on the line. Giddings boys know how to win this game.

Our defense, I believe is good enough to not allow someone to just run all over us.

I agree your defense will not be run all over, just saying Rockdale does have a pretty good OL and #3 is tough to bring down. So game is in Giddings , I am still going with Rockdale because Rockdale did a great job of protecting the ball. As stated earlier if Rockdale wins this would be an upset in my eyes however it all depends on Giddings doing a better job on turnovers. Giddings will be hard to beat in Giddings, Rockdale has some big boy's that can really play. Good Luck to both teams, both teams could represent our District well in the playoffs.

Buff42
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Post anytime you want to Hook. I enjoy your insight and opinions, especially when they involve Giddings and we prove you wrong. JK- it's all good natured fun........but I still call it La Grunge

hookandladder
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Buff42
Post anytime you want to Hook. I enjoy your insight and opinions, especially when they involve Giddings and we prove you wrong. JK- it's all good natured fun........but I still call it La Grunge

Yes, we have had our problems with you guy's in football and baseball over the last few years but I feel the tide is turning. Prove me wrong, Baseball is just around the corner. I know basketball is first but we have pretty much had our way with you guy's in basketball.

GiddingsFan
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
yeah, our boys' basketball needs some help

Mojado
10-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes, we have had our problems with you guy's in football and baseball over the last few years but I feel the tide is turning. Prove me wrong, Baseball is just around the corner. I know basketball is first but we have pretty much had our way with you guy's in basketball.

What tide? Yall got drove on the Plastic..lol

hookandladder
10-28-2010, 06:16 AM
What tide? Yall got drove on the Plastic..lol

Yes, driving down in the red zone in the middle of the 3rd quarter with the score 21-7 and our top receivers goes down with neck injury. Yes, that is getting drove, I stand corrected. On a side note what was interesting after the game was Giddings turns over 500 yards rushing to Statesman and in the box score and in our local paper had your team for around 350 yards rushing. Just saying, interesting must have been a miss quote.

Mojado
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Yes, driving down in the red zone in the middle of the 3rd quarter with the score 21-7 and our top receivers goes down with neck injury. Yes, that is getting drove, I stand corrected. On a side note what was interesting after the game was Giddings turns over 500 yards rushing to Statesman and in the box score and in our local paper had your team for around 350 yards rushing. Just saying, interesting must have been a miss quote.

7 points in the 3rd quarter from such a potent offensive attack? You blowholes were doin nothing but talkin smack about offense this and your great defense that. Something about a drought being over?

You get a physical beat down and all you come back with is stats in a newspaper? I'm sure 'Ol Billy Bob in your newspaper was right with his pen and paper but I'm thinking you better drink some water and worry about Smithville. :D

hookandladder
10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
7 points in the 3rd quarter from such a potent offensive attack? You blowholes were doin nothing but talkin smack about offense this and your great defense that. Something about a drought being over?

You get a physical beat down and all you come back with is stats in a newspaper? I'm sure 'Ol Billy Bob in your newspaper was right with his pen and paper but I'm thinking you better drink some water and worry about Smithville. :D

Nice post, good thing you are not from Giddings. Giddings poster 's have a little more class.

Mojado
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice post, good thing you are not from Giddings. Giddings poster 's have a little more class.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:stirpot:

buff4life
10-28-2010, 01:30 PM
On a side note what was interesting after the game was Giddings turns over 500 yards rushing to Statesman and in the box score and in our local paper had your team for around 350 yards rushing. Just saying, interesting must have been a miss quote.

And I'm sure the local HOMER paper always has the stats correct too :D :D

hookandladder
10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
And I'm sure the local HOMER paper always has the stats correct too :D :D

It was the Austin American Statesman that had different numbers from write up to box score. Maybe they were counting the 2 long runs that got called back, Not our Homer paper. Maybe someone that keeps stats would know what the actual yards were for the game, maybe you could get the real scoop or maybe not.

bigYoe
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM
I say Giddings by 2 touchdowns, but if they plan on RUNNING, RUNNING, and RUNNING some more than i believe the game will be closer. We beat Rockdale earlier this year but we couldnt get our ground game in full swing, and with the linebacker coming back it will be quite difficult for Giddings to run it down the Tigers' throat. Will be a good game though, but yes i see Giddings taking this one.

1st and goal
10-29-2010, 12:43 PM

Hook, I have that hit recorded on my HD DVR and it was an unfortunate hit that occured because the receiver was sticking his neck out trying to get out of the grasp of one defender when the 2nd guy hit him. It was bad timing to be sticking your neck out. I have played it in slo-motion and his head just got jolted sideways by a brushing full frontal hit. I pray he is back to 100%

I'll be there tonight and I think the Buffs will prevail if they have fewer than 3 fumbles. Go Blue, we almost always get the bad end of the deal when it comes to refs...you keep your mind on GOTM November....

GiddingsFan
10-29-2010, 05:38 PM
statesman cantu and davis have giddings picked to win .. game over in an hour. hope they are right.

ROCKDALE better bring it!

1st and goal
10-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, the sprinklers were left off. Nobody talked much trash so there ain't no need for any crow. Now if somebody had some fresh smoked dove and jalepeno wrapped in bacon...I could go for that.