PDA

View Full Version : Baylor @ Texas

theville
10-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Does Baylor stand a shot? To me they have an outside chance.

Thoughts...

Baylor is #25 in the BCS, LOL.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 08:45 AM
They have their best shot than they've had in the last 10 years or maybe the next 10 years. I'm rooting them on.

slpybear the bullfan
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
They have their best shot than they've had in the last 10 years or maybe the next 10 years. I'm rooting them on.

None of the Texas fans I talk to are putting the W in this one yet. Frankly, we are all scared as Heck about this one.

Nice to see Baylor kicking it up a notch, but I really hope the Horns take the W.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
A shot?! I think they're favored to win.

navscanmaster
10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
The Bears are playing at a very high level offensively. I would say that this should be a game that Texas really can get something going offensively, but I said that before they played ISU last week. I think Mack and Muschamp will get them mentally ready for this game and have them at least playing stellar defense.

Texas 30, Baylor 17

That is of course not saying that I dont want to see the Bears have one good run this year while every other team is down in the south. Go Bears.

LionKing
10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
The Texas team that showed up vs. ISU, will be a Baylor win over Texas.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
None of the Texas fans I talk to are putting the W in this one yet. Frankly, we are all scared as Heck about this one.

Nice to see Baylor kicking it up a notch, but I really hope the Horns take the W.

As well as they should be worried. Baylor is growing into the real-deal. I like it. Our confrence had some dead weight that needed to improve. Briles has done it. Now if TTU and UT and others will shape up, we can hopefully get the confrence to look respectable again.

After all the mess last year with re-alignment, this was the worst year for the Big 12 to have an off year.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think Mack and Muschamp will get them mentally ready for this game and have them at least playing stellar defense.

I read this and thought about something. Does anybody think Mack is trying to transition Muschamp into more of a HC role, and it's not taking very well? Just seems odd they are having an off year since they are so consistent year after year.

I know nothing has been said out in public, but I just wonder.

DDBooger
10-26-2010, 10:53 AM
As well as they should be worried. Baylor is growing into the real-deal. I like it. Our confrence had some dead weight that needed to improve. Briles has done it. Now if TTU and UT and others will shape up, we can hopefully get the confrence to look respectable again.

After all the mess last year with re-alignment, this was the worst year for the Big 12 to have an off year. Missouri looks stout. We'll see how they do away from home at Nebraska.

navscanmaster
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM
I read this and thought about something. Does anybody think Mack is trying to transition Muschamp into more of a HC role, and it's not taking very well? Just seems odd they are having an off year since they are so consistent year after year.

I know nothing has been said out in public, but I just wonder.

I think Mack said it all at that press conference about the entitlement sense some of them have because of playing at Texas. You have a bunch of big name recruits that in all honesty really only got that "extra star" because they chose Texas or OU over everybody else. Mack has built a massive program, but I don't see any players on that roster with a motor like Shipley and McCoy had.

LionFan72
10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Baylor absolutely has a chance, that is why the game is played. Do I think they will win this week, absolutely NO!

Not afte an embarrassing loss last week to ISU. Mack will have them focused and ready to trash the green machine, no disrepect to the Bears, Briles has made a huge move and got the program back on track.

Will be a competitive game, with Griffin showing his moxy, but Texas by 9.

Bullaholic
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Scary indeed, Phil C....er, I mean, Slpy...:D

DDBooger
10-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I haven't seen much of Baylor this year. Are they an East and West Spread team or will they attack the interior of the Defense. UT is pretty light between the DEs

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Formula to beat Texas defense this year run the ball right at them and use the run to setup the pass. People will go crazy if Baylor beats Texas but a loss to Baylor will be nowhere near as embarassing as losing to Iowa St.

theville
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Iowa State was pretty bad! Baylor throws more WR quick screens than I have ever seen a team run. I think they are trying to cover up their lineman, that are not very good.

Baylor by 3.

DDBooger
10-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by theville
Iowa State was pretty bad! Baylor throws more WR quick screens than I have ever seen a team run. I think they are trying to cover up their lineman, that are not very good. In that case I'll take Texas by 10. That defense is built more for that style.

sahen
10-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Baylor ran the ball, mainly up the middle of Kansas State's defense for like 300+ team yards last week...our running back got 250 yards last game and got like 150 the week before...we can run, pass, whatever on offense...it is our defense that will lose us games...

Texas will probably win, but Baylor is going to score...no matter who wins I bet there will be close to 80 or 90 points between the 2 teams...

btw, Texas is still favored to win this game...i think the spread opened at -9 for UT and has moved to around -7 or -7.5...

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
after listening to Mack in his post game interview....i say there's no chance Texas doesn't show up for this one. first time ive ever seen him MAD.

watz4dinner
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Baylor by 10. UT can't keep up with the bears offensively. Baylor will put points on the board. I will be at the game!!!!!

BwdLions
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The Bears are playing at a very high level offensively. I would say that this should be a game that Texas really can get something going offensively, but I said that before they played ISU last week. I think Mack and Muschamp will get them mentally ready for this game and have them at least playing stellar defense.

Texas 30, Baylor 17

That is of course not saying that I dont want to see the Bears have one good run this year while every other team is down in the south. Go Bears.

I'm as big a Texas fan as they come, but do you really think the Horns can score 30 points? I hope they win, but this one is a toss up to me.

rojosgirl
10-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I've never really had strong feelings about Baylor either way,but I've really enjoyed the last several years and watching Robert Griffin. He's something else! Plus, there's a Cuero guy on the team. ( Hey, Kaeron!) The Bears have more than a shot to win. The 'Horns are in a panic, from Mack on down. I'm taking the Bears in this one.

:D

Phil C
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
The Bears indeed have a chance! They have to be favored since they are highly ranked plus have already cinched bowl eligibility. You have to remember that Baylor has hada great teams in the past. For example in 1916 Baylor went 9-1 and beat us in Austin 7-3!
:eek:

Also they beat us in 1925 28 to 10 and won the conference as well as in 1974 34-24.
Even though we beat them in our first National Championship year in 1963 7-0 it took a last second pass interception to win it for us.

Also you have to remember Baylor cost us a National Championship in 1941 by holding us to a 7-7 tie.

Scary times indeed!

defense51
10-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Baylor wins!

Daddy D 11
10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Our offensive line has been beast mode the past 3 weeks. We have gutted teams by running right at them, and all year the passing game has been there whether Griffin wants to throw short or deep it's always worked.

Griffin ranks 2nd in total offense in the entire country and we have the best offense in the conference.

MesquiteFan
10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Baylor has to have a chance. They almost beat them last year.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
Baylor has to have a chance. They almost beat them last year.

ur kidding right? Texas won 47-14

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Griffin ranks 2nd in total offense in the entire country and we have the best offense in the conference. Best offense in the conference I hope your speaking statistically.

MesquiteFan
10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
ur kidding right? Texas won 47-14

lol good catch..it was a joke. honestly, I think Baylor has a chance, but Texas will pull this one out.

Daddy D 11
10-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Best offense in the conference I hope your speaking statistically.

I didn't say: "I think" or "in my mind".
I said: "we have"... it's factual.

Google it.

ccmom
10-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Sic Em!!! :clap: