PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Dallas Game!

M-town lobo fan
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Reminded me of the Monahans vs Snyder Game..Snyder put up some points at the end to make it look good but came up short when the game was already over in the 2nd qtr...Now Fans think they got something going just like the Cowboys fans do with Kitna!

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Now Fans think they got something going just like the Cowboys fans do with Kitna!

uhh name one fan ( besides Farmer LOL) who thinks Kitna can do anything?

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Reminded me of the Monahans vs Snyder Game..Snyder put up some points at the end to make it look good but came up short when the game was already over in the 2nd qtr...Now Fans think they got something going just like the Cowboys fans do with Kitna! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd:

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh name one fan ( besides Farmer LOL) who thinks Kitna can do anything? I don't think he is the answer and don't think he is what Romo is but I do think he is the best option for right now.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't think he is the answer and don't think he is what Romo is but I do think he is the best option for right now.

best option for what? Messing around and winning 6-7 games and hurting draft?

Sorry but I say it is time to throw it in and look ahead..give young guys shots rest of season worst thing this team can do is "turn it around" like Tennesee did last year and have Jones thinking everything is ok and status quo should remain

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 05:51 AM

Sorry but I say it is time to throw it in and look ahead..give young guys shots rest of season worst thing this team can do is "turn it around" like Tennesee did last year and have Jones thinking everything is ok and status quo should remain

You are simply amazing TX! I have a newsflash for you!!!!!! Romo was "Messing around" and on pace to win less than 6-7 games. You are so biased you can't even think straight. If Kitna wins 6 games it's messing around according to you but if Romo wins 6 games with the EXACT same team then it's everyone elses fault.
I agree they need to give McGee a shot or look elsewhere for another QB but I said it WITH Romo also.

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 05:57 AM
uhh name one fan ( besides Farmer LOL) who thinks Kitna can do anything?

Kitna scored 14 points with the exact same team that Romo scored 7 with. And Romo was handed the ball inside the 20 twice and inside the Giants 40 once! Don't respond! Just think! Kitna is not near as athletic as Romo is and is a old man but he is certainly capable of leading this team to just as many wins as Romo has this season!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Kitna scored 14 points with the exact same team that Romo scored 7 with. And Romo was handed the ball inside the 20 twice and inside the Giants 40 once! Don't respond! Just think! Kitna is not near as athletic as Romo is and is a old man but he is certainly capable of leading this team to just as many wins as Romo has this season!!!!!

Ur serious? Kitna scored 14 points at a point when the Giants were finishing out the game dont become Wade Phillips and act like there was still a chance

And do you REALLY want to say Romo led them to just 7? He led them to 10 points..why was it not 14? OH YEA his WR DROPPED the TD.

Romo finished 5 of 7...would have been 7 of 7 if Not For two Austin drops.

Even with the D playing as bad as they did if Romo does not get hurt I think Dallas never loses that 20-7 lead

But if your really going to keep on this well Dallas was only 1-4 with Romo so Kitna could have done just as well...whatever just showing your either playing this angle for debate or, well honestly I dont know the other reason, because I will say your about the ONLY person in America who would say Dallas is better off now with Kitna or he will do just as good as Romo

K-MAC Chuck
10-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Wow..

amazing how some people can't see the forest through the trees..:thinking:

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Ur serious? Kitna scored 14 points at a point when the Giants were finishing out the game dont become Wade Phillips and act like there was still a chance

And do you REALLY want to say Romo led them to just 7? He led them to 10 points..why was it not 14? OH YEA his WR DROPPED the TD.

Romo finished 5 of 7...would have been 7 of 7 if Not For two Austin drops.

Even with the D playing as bad as they did if Romo does not get hurt I think Dallas never loses that 20-7 lead

But if your really going to keep on this well Dallas was only 1-4 with Romo so Kitna could have done just as well...whatever just showing your either playing this angle for debate or, well honestly I dont know the other reason, because I will say your about the ONLY person in America who would say Dallas is better off now with Kitna or he will do just as good as Romo

WHO THE HELL SAID THEY ARE BETTER OFF NOW?????? GEEZ! I said they aren't any worst off. Stop making things up.

These Cowboys are 1-5 with Romo as the starter! The ONLY way for them to be worst under Kitna is 0-6! You are still operating under the assumption that they still had a chance with Romo at the QB spot and now that chance is gone! This is true but it's gone because they are 1-5, not because of Romo getting hurt! Even if Romo had not gotten hurt this team would be done right now at 1-5! I have good money that I will put on the fact that Kitna will go at least 1-4 for the next 5 games. You wanna put your money were your mouth is????? ;)

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Farmersfan
WHO THE HELL SAID THEY ARE BETTER OFF NOW?????? GEEZ! I said they aren't any worst off. Stop making things up.

These Cowboys are 1-5 with Romo as the starter! The ONLY way for them to be worst under Kitna is 0-6! You are still operating under the assumption that they still had a chance with Romo at the QB spot and now that chance is gone! This is true but it's gone because they are 1-5, not because of Romo getting hurt! Even if Romo had not gotten hurt this team would be done right now at 1-5! I have good money that I will put on the fact that Kitna will go at least 1-4 for the next 5 games. You wanna put your money were your mouth is????? ;) [/QUOTE

Put my money where my mouth is? I said in one of the other threads Kitna IMO can be good for a game or 2

Again I dont think Dallas loses last night if Romo does nto get hurt..I dont think the D would have been on the field in give up mode in the 3rd Q.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 08:20 AM

Sorry but I say it is time to throw it in and look ahead..give young guys shots rest of season worst thing this team can do is "turn it around" like Tennesee did last year and have Jones thinking everything is ok and status quo should remain That is what is wrong with professional sports right there esp the NFL. People want to lose games because the draft is so important. Your the Dallas Cowboys your not the Lions or the Rams 1-5 and you want to throw the season for draft picks? I don't care what the situation is Im all for at giving guys looks a little baptism by fire throwing it up against the wall and seeing what sticks but Ill never want to lose for draft pick purposes. If they go out there and lose on purpose it will be the most insulting thing Ive ever seen as a Cowboys fan.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 08:26 AM
That is what is wrong with professional sports right there esp the NFL. People want to lose games because the draft is so important. Your the Dallas Cowboys your not the Lions or the Rams 1-5 and you want to throw the season for draft picks? I don't care what the situation is Im all for at giving guys looks a little baptism by fire throwing it up against the wall and seeing what sticks but Ill never want to lose for draft pick purposes. If they go out there and lose on purpose it will be the most insulting thing Ive ever seen as a Cowboys fan.

I dont want then to lose on purpose..I want them to put some of the young guys in and let them learn the hard way..yes I do hope that leads to two things..the young guys proving they can help this team and it improving the draft position..sorry but I will choose a 5-11 with a good draft pick over a 7-9 season

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I dont want then to lose on purpose..I want them to put some of the young guys in and let them learn the hard way..yes I do hope that leads to two things..the young guys proving they can help this team and it improving the draft position..sorry but I will choose a 5-11 with a good draft pick over a 7-9 season Not me win every game you can thats sports "you play to win the game" a 2 game difference is what maybe 6 or 7 spots in the draft. A team that would give up a first round draft pick for Roy Williams now wants to tank

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Not me win every game you can thats sports "you play to win the game" a 2 game difference is what maybe 6 or 7 spots in the draft. A team that would give up a first round draft pick for Roy Williams now wants to tank

Again..I am not saying I dont want Dallas to play to win..but it would be very dumb of Dallas to not see what some young guys can do. to continue to play people who are not tue future of the team is more of a disservice to the fans

And I understand that Dallas wont do that until offically eliminated or almost eliminated from the play off race..but if Tony Romo is done for the year and Kitna is still QB at week 12 it better be because Dallas has completed an amazing turn around and are in the play off race...but if they are sitting at 2-10 and Brooking, Barber, Kitna, Davis are still getting the majority of snaps that is IMO a greater travesty to the fans than trying to go out win

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Again..I am not saying I dont want Dallas to play to win..but it would be very dumb of Dallas to not see what some young guys can do. to continue to play people who are not tue future of the team is more of a disservice to the fans

And I understand that Dallas wont do that until offically eliminated or almost eliminated from the play off race..but if Tony Romo is done for the year and Kitna is still QB at week 12 it better be because Dallas has completed an amazing turn around and are in the play off race...but if they are sitting at 2-10 and Brooking, Barber, Kitna, Davis are still getting the majority of snaps that is IMO a greater travesty to the fans than trying to go out win I agree with you on that. I guess my main point is Kitna needs to be the QB until you are clearly out of it chances are dim now but they are still possible at 2-7 or 3-7 3-8 something like that I agree with what your saying. I do it with the intentions to see what your guys have not to lose games. Barber shouldn't play other than short yardage right now though he is done as far as an every down back. Same with Davis he is finished hate to say that about such a great guy but he is done.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 08:45 AM
I agree with you on that. I guess my main point is Kitna needs to be the QB until you are clearly out of it chances are dim now but they are still possible at 2-7 or 3-7 3-8 something like that I agree with what your saying. I do it with the intentions to see what your guys have not to lose games. Barber shouldn't play other than short yardage right now though he is done as far as an every down back. Same with Davis he is finished hate to say that about such a great guy but he is done.

I would basically give Kitna the next two games..if they pull out a 2-0 then ok Dallas can pretend they have a chance..but if they go 0-2 or 1-1 then I say let Mcgee start and lets see some others

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 08:56 AM
I would basically give Kitna the next two games..if they pull out a 2-0 then ok Dallas can pretend they have a chance..but if they go 0-2 or 1-1 then I say let Mcgee start and lets see some others

What if Dallas went 0-2 or 1-1 the next two games WITH Romo? Would you want to give McGee a chance then?

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
What if Dallas went 0-2 or 1-1 the next two games WITH Romo? Would you want to give McGee a chance then?

nope sure would not..Kitna MIGHT have one more year after this one, you need to find out if Mcgee can at least be the back for the next few years

Bullaholic
10-26-2010, 09:16 AM
After watching the Cowboys for a lot of years, I can truly say that I can't recall when I was more disappointed in a Cowboys team. If they were getting beat by better teams in some close hard-fought games--that is one thing, but to go out on the field and put forth the sorry, token effort on both sides of the ball that they are giving is just unforgiveable. We're talking pride and willingness to fight for a win here, and the lack of it is just glaring in this team.

It is easy to make comparsions between the Rangers, who are doing better than they ever have, and the Cowboys, who are probably doing worse than they ever have, but the differences in just about anything you want to discuss about the qualities of each team are just dramatic. The Rangers exude confidence, they truly like each other, believe in each other, and play as a team. The Cowboys, on the other hand, project just the opposite image in all of these areas, and it shows.

I don't know how long the recovery road will be for these Cowboys---all I know is the powers that be had better figure out the shortest route to get there, today---not tomorrow---and begin the journey without delay, and yes, that includes making a coaching and staff change---why wait? Is there anyone out there with any football sense who truly believes there is any advantages to waiting? IMO. if dramatic changes are not made right away, I think the Cowboys will have an even bigger, uphill fight in restoring fan confidence over a longer period of time. Drastic times call for drastic measures and that time has come, IMO.

Go Cowboys!

Farmersfan
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
After watching the Cowboys for a lot of years, I can truly say that I can't recall when I was more disappointed in a Cowboys team. If they were getting beat by better teams in some close hard-fought games--that is one thing, but to go out on the field and put forth the sorry, token effort on both sides of the ball that they are giving is just unforgiveable. We're talking pride and willingness to fight for a win here, and the lack of it is just glaring in this team.

It is easy to make comparsions between the Rangers, who are doing better than they ever have, and the Cowboys, who are probably doing worse than they ever have, but the differences in just about anything you want to discuss about the qualities of each team are just dramatic. The Rangers exude confidence, they truly like each other, believe in each other, and play as a team. The Cowboys, on the other hand, project just the opposite image in all of these areas, and it shows.

I don't know how long the recovery road will be for these Cowboys---all I know is the powers that be had better figure out the shortest route to get there, today---not tomorrow---and begin the journey without delay, and yes, that includes making a coaching and staff change---why wait? Is there anyone out there with any football sense who truly believes there is any advantages to waiting? IMO. if dramatic changes are not made right away, I think the Cowboys will have an even bigger, uphill fight in restoring fan confidence over a longer period of time. Drastic times call for drastic measures and that time has come, IMO.

Go Cowboys!

My disappointment is more towards the ownership and coaches! I can't beleive we have not had firings or benchings already through 6 games! That is essentually why this team is the way it is. No accountability! No Responsibility! Even IF you don't have a qualified backup, you must bench a player who underachieves.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 09:50 AM
My disappointment is more towards the ownership and coaches! I can't beleive we have not had firings or benchings already through 6 games! That is essentually why this team is the way it is. No accountability! No Responsibility! Even IF you don't have a qualified backup, you must bench a player who underachieves.

I think we might actually see some firings if 2011 was not up in the air as far as the season being played or starting on time.

slpybear the bullfan
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I think we might actually see some firings if 2011 was not up in the air as far as the season being played or starting on time.

Jerry has said many times that the firing of Gailey after two years was very premature and that he wouldn't do that again. Translation? We are stuck with Wade through at least this year and maybe one more.

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Jerry has said many times that the firing of Gailey after two years was very premature and that he wouldn't do that again. Translation? We are stuck with Wade through at least this year and maybe one more.

unless Dallas pulls out a miracle Wade is not here past this year

LionFan72
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Did anyone see the faces of the Cowboys last night. Total lack of confidence and dismay! Sure they are not a championship team, and why not? LACK OF LEADERSHIP, not talent. Phillips had demonstrated this season his inability to lead this team, fire him today! Move on, there are tons of coaches waiting for their chance. If the current coaching staff remains for the year, we will have really good draft choices only to be wasted on egotistical talented non-team oriented dumb butts like the 'boys have now. Draft a QB, a running back, A COACH, and leave Jerry in the press conference.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
The offensive line and secondary need to be addressed as the main two points of need. Terrance Throughman looks about finished Barber has hit the running back wall (plus overrated to begin with) and the o line is 3 kinds of awful. Getting a QB isnt even on the top 10 list of needs.