PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for girlfriends bday

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm making her

garden salad as the first course

a tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad as a second course. Will use a respberry vinaigrette to give some sweetness

mushroom and cheese stuffed pasta with a vodka sauce and parmasean garnish as the main course

sound good?

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2010, 07:49 PM
And for dessert? Tiramisu?

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And for dessert? Tiramisu? dessert will be drinks at a club because she turns 21!

Maybe a 4 loko!

Blastoderm55
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Two salads? I'd go with some bruschetta instead of the garden salad.

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Two salads? I'd go with some bruschetta instead of the garden salad. Thats what I thought at first but its two different kind of salads so I think it would work plus i wanna try the tomato/mozzarella/basil salad haha

Blastoderm55
10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Thats what I thought at first but its two different kind of salads so I think it would work plus i wanna try the tomato/mozzarella/basil salad haha

The tomato, mozzarella, basil salad sounds awesome, but the garden salad is pretty pedestrian. Its still an awfully thoughtful thing you're doing, and I have no doubt you'll be repaid with dividends. :D

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
The tomato, mozzarella, basil salad sounds awesome, but the garden salad is pretty pedestrian. Its still an awfully thoughtful thing you're doing, and I have no doubt you'll be repaid with dividends. :D dividends be hard to come by these days its like we're old! dessert could help though! lol

BaseballUmp
10-26-2010, 01:04 AM
haha well after we go to the square tomorrow night, maybe dividends will be less strenuous to come by

coach
10-26-2010, 03:27 AM
dessert will be drinks at a club because she turns 21!

Maybe a 4 loko!

dont forget to give her a midnight snack

BaseballUmp
10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by coach
dont forget to give her a midnight snack

Haha that's funny

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
4th meal!

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
If my husband fed me 2 salads, one right after the other....I would think he was telling me, "YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!"

44INAROW
10-26-2010, 09:54 AM
what a nice gesture.. Kudos Old Tiger!

BreckTxLonghorn
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Solid meal, though I agree - change the garden salad to either toasted baguette with olive oil and pepper, or make a cheese dish and combine either with a good red wine (I can give some solid suggestions as well).

As for the 4 Loko, I highly recommend the 'purple drank' flavor....and wrapping a pillow around your head when you inevitably pass-out seemingly out of nowhere.

BaseballUmp
10-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
As for the 4 Loko, I highly recommend the 'purple drank' flavor....and wrapping a pillow around your head when you inevitably pass-out seemingly out of nowhere.
It's all about that Lemonade or Fruit Punch!!!

BwdLion73
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm making her

a tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad as a second course. Will use a respberry vinaigrette to give some sweetness

mushroom and cheese stuffed pasta with a vodka sauce and parmasean garnish as the main course

sound good?

I suggest you pull up the Allsups Burrito thread before you make a final decision.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm making her

sound good?

Is she a vegetarian?;)

Sounds good, I am sure you will both enjoy your dinner. Very thoughtful of you!

Old Tiger
10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Is she a vegetarian?;)

Sounds good, I am sure you will both enjoy your dinner. Very thoughtful of you! Not a vegatarian just doesn't care for red meat or pork