PDA

View Full Version : World Series Ticket Prices...

Bullaholic
10-25-2010, 04:38 PM
$495 for SRO, anyone?.....

World Series Ticket Prices (http://www.stubhub.com/texas-rangers-playoff-tickets/rangers-vs-giants-10-30-2010-981193/)

Ranger Mom
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I think I will just watch it from the comfort of my living room, thank you very much!!:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
$495 for SRO, anyone?.....

World Series Ticket Prices (http://www.stubhub.com/texas-rangers-playoff-tickets/rangers-vs-giants-10-30-2010-981193/) Well, guess i'll stay home and watch :mad:

hollywood
10-25-2010, 05:24 PM
How do ya like the home plate seat prices?:eek:

I'd rather go buy a new Tahoe for the family, drive to the local B&G and watch the games in a great atmosphere for $30,000.00. LOL

Deuce
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
There were 2 seats on row 1, 1 section from Nolan Ryan for $8,000! Unfortunately my pockets are not that deep.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Shame those who supported the team all year, and helped produce the Rangers best attendance figures ever, can't afford to make a WS game.

The average fan always get's shutout from seeing the "show" in person due to increased ticket prices. Same true for the Superbowl IC.

Guess a beer is about $25, hotdog $12.50 at the WS too?:eek:

Keith7
10-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Shame those who supported the team all year, and helped produce the Rangers best attendance figures ever, can't afford to make a WS game.

The average fan always get's shutout from seeing the "show" in person due to increased ticket prices. Same true for the Superbowl IC.

Guess a beer is about $25, hotdog $12.50 at the WS too?:eek:

The Rangers' ticket prices weren't increased that drastically all things considered.. It's the scalpers' ticket prices that are outrageous..

Concession prices are likely to stay the same.

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think I will just watch it from the comfort of my living room, thank you very much!!:D With my dollar adult beverage and full access to my frig.:D

Deuce
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
The Rangers' ticket prices weren't increased that drastically all things considered.. It's the scalpers' ticket prices that are outrageous..

Concession prices are likely to stay the same.

THis is true. I think the highest priced ticket from the actual Rangers was only $225. With upper deck seats going for $75.

crzyjournalist03
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
THis is true. I think the highest priced ticket from the actual Rangers was only $225. With upper deck seats going for $75.

Yep. I tried to buy them but they sold out while I was in the waiting room. Perfectly reasonable from the Rangers...it's the secondary market that's outrageous.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Yep. I tried to buy them but they sold out while I was in the waiting room. Perfectly reasonable from the Rangers...it's the secondary market that's outrageous.

I'm sure the Rangers and all other clubs---know who these secondary ticket outlets are and could hold more back to the average fan a few days longer. So, the home club has some blame here too, in screwing their season long base.

Keith7
10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm sure the Rangers and all other clubs---know who these secondary ticket outlets are and could hold more back to the average fan a few days longer. So, the home club has some blame here too, in screwing their season long base.

How would the Rangers ever know who the "average fan" is? And if the demand ($$) is high enough, wouldn't the "average fan" eventually turn into a scalper themselves?

crzyjournalist03
10-25-2010, 06:41 PM

You're limited in the number of tickets you can buy. I'm sure if I had gotten online right at 9 when they went on sale, I could have gotten them. Unfortunately, I went to church at 9 figuring I could still get them when I got home at 10:30, which is right when they sold out.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Stub Hub like outlets I don't think are limited. Unless they are limited to a few thousand.

I just think these clubs should extend their on sale to general public time before allowing the Stub Hubs of the world scoop them up and jack the rates in the process.

sahen
10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
i dont think stub hub actually buys tickets...joe fan buys the max tickets they can get and keeps 2 for him and his wife/kid/buddy/whatever and then sells all the others at profit on stub hub....that is more of a problem than many people realize...its not illegal so tons of people do it, happens all the time for concerts and other sporting events...heck i have heard of people buying 4 season tickets for nfl or whatever and using 2 every game while selling the other 2...by the end of the year they actually have paid off all 4 tickets just by selling 2 of their seats every game and some even make a profit off it...

also, watch where the tickets come from on ebay and all...you have people in michigan or something that have no intention of goign to the games that will buy them and then sell them for profit on ebay...really, it all comes down to since it is not illegal to essentially make money on literally doing nothing but buying something before someone else then selling it for more it is done by tons of people....

coachc45
10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Stub Hub like outlets I don't think are limited. Unless they are limited to a few thousand.

I just think these clubs should extend their on sale to general public time before allowing the Stub Hubs of the world scoop them up and jack the rates in the process.

Most of the stub hub guys of the world hire "regular Joes" to buy tickets for them. Thats how they get more of their allotment. What do you want the rangers to do...have everyone who buys a ticket to swear an oath in blood that they are using the tickets themselves?

Emerson1
10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Snotbubbles quit trying to jab the organization, you don't know what you are talking about.

CenTexSports
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Game 4 in the home run deck cost my son $75 each. They are selling on stub hub from $600 to $1300. We are not selling.

I am going to the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skins4life
10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
With my dollar adult beverage and full access to my frig.:D

That's exactly what I'm talkin' about. Plus you get to see the good plays over and over. :D

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Game 4 in the home run deck cost my son $75 each. They are selling on stub hub from $600 to $1300. We are not selling.

I am going to the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dern right. Now that's what it's all about. The fan going for a game with his son. Have a great time, and go Rangers.

poisoned10
10-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Some of my friends bought tickets on Stub Hub to game 4 for $437 per ticket in the centerfield bleachers 16 rows up.

Deuce
10-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You're limited in the number of tickets you can buy. I'm sure if I had gotten online right at 9 when they went on sale, I could have gotten them. Unfortunately, I went to church at 9 figuring I could still get them when I got home at 10:30, which is right when they sold out.

Actually you probably wouldnt have made it thru. We had about 6 different phones dialing of friends and family and on the internet and none of us got thru. We started at 9 and called for an hour.

marler1972
10-25-2010, 11:05 PM
I have 4 tickets ($75 each) for game 3 and we are going. Got them presale.......

Tx Challenge
10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Most championship sports events have priced the average fan out. Sad, but it has turned in to just a status event.

slpybear the bullfan
10-26-2010, 10:03 AM
StubHub is just an auction house... they don't make money directly off the ticket any more than eBay makes money by selling things.

Both StubHub and eBay charge fees to individuals who sell on their... and for StubHub, its also charge to those who buy.

StubHub is a great way buy tix for sporting events, (and concerts too BTW), but if you don't like the prices, complain about capitalisim. If Joe the fan calls and buys tix for $100 and can sell them for $600, more power too him. Don't gripe at the Rangers or StubHub, gripe at Joe fan.

Or better yet, just sit back and be proud that you have a team that is in this situation.

jason
10-26-2010, 10:16 AM
looks like my wife and i are going to get our hands on 2 tix to the game on sunday and if we weren't giving them to my mom and dad they'd be on ebay for about $500 each....

pancho villa
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't go if it was free.

ccmom
10-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I wouldn't go if it was free.

That's not what I heard....:thinking: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I wouldn't go if it was free. they wouldnt let you in if you paid them :cool:

CenTexSports
10-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Anybody that would not go to a World Series game is either communist or a soccer lover. There is nothing greater in the world than the Great American Sport and the World Series is the ultimate sporting event.

Also, since a large percentage of players are Latino, I am surprised that someone named pancho villa would have this type of attitude.

I dare one person to beat my weekend. Officiating a game Friday night between the #3 and #9 teams in the state, golf on Saturday, and the World Series on Sunday with my son.