PDA

View Full Version : The #9000

DaHop72
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
For my 9000th post I thought I would revisit:

The number 5000 (NF)

For my 5000th post, I will give my take on the downlow. I consider the downlow to be a good place to keep up with football during the season, but more than that I consider the downlow to be my extended family. Many of you come on here to do nothing more than gripe and belly ache about every little thing that comes up. If it’s during football season you get all booty hurt if someone disagrees with you about your team or who’s the best QB. During the off season you gripe and belly ache about non football thread. Why not try to be a part and get to know the people that comprise the body of this board. If you should choose to do so you would know people by dual names, real and screen name. This is a simple thing for most of you but for some it would be hard.

Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Sheri, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Pilar, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, Terry, Bobby, Rodney, Randa, Bill, Louise, Morris, Michael, Lisa, Duane, Zach, Larry, Michelle, Royce and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

For those of you who only come on the board to gripe about how things are run, about favorites or to show disrespect for your town or other towns you are missing the boat.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking about rivalry games with people from those towns if it is civil. Some of the best threads that you can read are when people throw rocks at each other in good fun and don’t get all booty hurt.

For the small clique that is on here and your only goal is to piss and moan about things on this board, you should probably join in the camaraderie of this board or stay on the other board with your “friends” where you can say and do what you want and not worry that some “mod” is going to clip your wings.

For the younger ones, trust me you will learn that there is a broad base of wisdom on this board some young some older who you can learn from. Some learn the easy way and some learn the hard way.

95mustang
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said DaHop.

ccmom
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
For my 9000th post I thought I would revisit:

The number 5000 (NF)

For my 5000th post, I will give my take on the downlow. I consider the downlow to be a good place to keep up with football during the season, but more than that I consider the downlow to be my extended family. Many of you come on here to do nothing more than gripe and belly ache about every little thing that comes up. If it’s during football season you get all booty hurt if someone disagrees with you about your team or who’s the best QB. During the off season you gripe and belly ache about non football thread. Why not try to be a part and get to know the people that comprise the body of this board. If you should choose to do so you would know people by dual names, real and screen name. This is a simple thing for most of you but for some it would be hard.

Here are a list of some of my friends: Kellye, Rita, Debbie, Tony, Matt, Talena, Lori, Lorey, Jill, Sheri, Grant, Cary, Forrest, Rick, Ross, Jeremy, Tim, Matt, Donnie, Ray, Effie, Michael, Mike, Marlin, Gary, Jesse, Casey, Scott, Rueben, Reggie, Byron, Larry, Madison, Tomas, Josh, Pilar, Colton, Tim, Ryan, Mark, Jared, Cody, Ted, Meg, Amy, Daniel, Walter, Derrick, Mike, Nate, Andres, Bryson, Chris, Ty, Terry, Bobby, Rodney, Randa, Bill, Louise, Morris, Michael, Lisa, Duane, Zach, Larry, Michelle, Royce and of course Ashton. These are people that without the downlow I would have never known and what a loss it would have been for me. These are people who have prayed for each other, laughed with and at each other and cried with each other as well. If you read this list and don’t know these people by their given names then you are missing out on a great blessing in your life. I look forward to adding names to this list as time goes by.

For those of you who only come on the board to gripe about how things are run, about favorites or to show disrespect for your town or other towns you are missing the boat.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking about rivalry games with people from those towns if it is civil. Some of the best threads that you can read are when people throw rocks at each other in good fun and don’t get all booty hurt.

For the small clique that is on here and your only goal is to piss and moan about things on this board, you should probably join in the camaraderie of this board or stay on the other board with your “friends” where you can say and do what you want and not worry that some “mod” is going to clip your wings.

For the younger ones, trust me you will learn that there is a broad base of wisdom on this board some young some older who you can learn from. Some learn the easy way and some learn the hard way.

That's one list I am glad to be on!! :inlove:

Nice post! :)

RoyceTTU
10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Sweet I made the list. Thanks DaHop and enjoyed meeting you in Snyder at the M&G. Hope to see you again soon.

Well said!!!

1st and goal
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Good #5000 and #9000.

Wish I knew more of youz by name.

M-town lobo fan
10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Well said and Monahans can still beat Snyder :p Hope to see rematch :)

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
That's one list I am glad to be on!! :inlove:

Nice post! :) Me too! Good post!

DaHop72
10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Me too! Good post! Good edit, it wasn't a pretty rebuttal coming your way.:D :D

DaHop72
10-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Well said and Monahans can still beat Snyder :p Hope to see rematch :) Anything can happen in hs football but I see this rematch happening as well.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Good edit, it wasn't a pretty rebuttal coming your way.:D :D Funny how old eyes play tricks on you. LOL. I put my readers on and there it was.:D

Ranger Mom
10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Anything can happen in hs football but I see this rematch happening as well.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now...I know Monahans played Greenwood and Snyder played Brownwood and that was 2 COMPLETELY different ball games.......but based on the last two games Jimmy saw, he thinks if it comes down to it, Snyder will take the win this time!!!

M-town lobo fan
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Now...I know Monahans played Greenwood and Snyder played Brownwood and that was 2 COMPLETELY different ball games.......but based on the last two games Jimmy saw, he thinks if it comes down to it, Snyder will take the win this time!!!
This Happened in 2007 hope History doesnt repeat itself..

pirate4state
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Congrats Rick :)

lostaussie
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Woohoo:D I got a mention

Dahop :clap::clap:

skins4life
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

So did I. :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie

nice post Rick.........

Rocket
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
So did I. :clap: :clap:

Oh hush...aren't you guys brothers? Stop being so ignorant.

Rocket
10-25-2010, 04:55 PM
AWESOME POST!