PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy windows through Sears?

Blastoderm55
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
We signed up for some new vinyl windows through Sears, but have read some pretty bad reviews online. I'm sure there have been some good experiences too, but those usually don't get posted as much as the gripes. We're paying $8500 (less $750 gift card) for windows, installation, and tax for the replacement of 9 windows. Anyone with good or bad experiences? Would you recommend Sears for windows?

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-26-2010, 12:01 AM
How big are the windows?

That seems kinda high to me, I had 19 quoted from a local company, some 51" wide and 76" tall and we wanted to go with a single hung window and that quote was only $9500 for everything. That company was "The Window Man" outta Abilene.

Keith7
10-26-2010, 12:38 AM
meh.. not a fan of Windows.. I'm a Mac guy

lulu
10-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
We signed up for some new vinyl windows through Sears, but have read some pretty bad reviews online. I'm sure there have been some good experiences too, but those usually don't get posted as much as the gripes. We're paying $8500 (less $750 gift card) for windows, installation, and tax for the replacement of 9 windows. Anyone with good or bad experiences? Would you recommend Sears for windows? Way too much money. IMO

I did 7 windows and 2 french doors for half that. 2 of the windows were bathroom though. Need to compare apples to apples. Also we have a manufacturer here in town that we used and cut out the middle man.