PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point at Argyle

firstdown
10-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Not sure what to make out of the Point this year. They seem to be lacking depth. I see Argyle pulling away late with a 21 point win.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Would like to see a hard fought injury free game..in the 9-3A Playoff picture it means nothing.

Good luck to both teams.:)

OldNavy
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
I think without 6 turnovers, that Pilot Point might be a little better than Gainesville, but not enough to handle a well balanced Argyle team. I'll take Argyle by 20 points.

charlesrixey
10-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Would like to see a hard fought injury free game..in the 9-3A Playoff picture it means nothing.

Good luck to both teams.:)

well doesn't PP have to win to make the playoffs? either against them or Gainesville, right?

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
well doesn't PP have to win to make the playoffs? either against them or Gainesville, right?

Pilot Point needs to beat Whitesboro in week 10. Sanger needs takes out Gainesville this friday, that will more then likely happen. Then it sets up a week ten showdown....G.A. has never coached a sub par .500 team..Aubrey is 3-5 with Whitesboro and Gainesville up next. The Griffin RB will be back at full steam in week 10 for Aubrey and the G.A. 10-1 will not falter. Aubrey beats Gainesville by 3+ and PP walks into the dance.

Argyle
Sanger
Pilot Point

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
I forsee a thrashing this week by Argyle against PP's backside.http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6646/paddle.gif I also forsee Argyle, Sanger, and Gainesville in the playoffs.

OldNavy
10-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Just don't see Pilot Point beating Argyle. However, I think if Aubrey beats Gainesville and Sanger beats Gainesville we would end up with a three way tie for third place with Gainesville, Pilot Point and Aubrey, all with 2-3 district records.

So, depending on how a tie breaker would work, Pilot Point could possibly get into the playoffs without a win over Argyle.

Gainesville is in control of its own destiny with a win over either Sanger or Aubrey they are in.

5wide
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
argyle in a blowout

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I forsee a thrashing this week by Argyle against PP's backside.http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6646/paddle.gif I also forsee Argyle, Sanger, and Gainesville in the playoffs.

I dont forsee a 35 35 tie late in the 3rd, or close 400 yards being put up through 3 periods on the best team PP will could see all season....A hard fought injury free game is what I want.:)

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 11:28 AM
I dont forsee a 35 35 tie late in the 3rd, or close 400 yards being put up through 3 periods on the best team PP will could see all season....A hard fought injury free game is what I want.:) And the final was ?????

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
And the final was ?????

It hasn't been played yet.:)

MoveInDad
10-25-2010, 11:46 AM
It hasn't been played yet.:)
clever ;)

BLACK ATTACK
10-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Argyle by a bunch.

Argyle
Sanger
Gainesville

Make the playoffs

Black Swarm
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Argyle wins.
PP defense not very good.
PP QB is a good athlete but is usually running for his life.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
[B]Argyle wins.
PP defense not very good.

Argyle 49
Gainesville 21:)

Argyle 42
Aubrey 10:)

Gainesville 20:eek:
PP 17

Aubrey 7:eek:
PP 17

:p

BLACK ATTACK
10-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Argyle 49
Gainesville 21:)

Argyle 42
Aubrey 10:)

Gainesville 20:eek:
PP 17

Aubrey 7:eek:
PP 17

:p

Well, I hope you aren't putting your hopes of a PP victory on the insightful information you have provided as to how many points were scored by common opponents.
The obvious difference is that PP's starters played the whole game, fighting down to the last second in a win and a loss.
Both Gainesville and Aubrey got to battle against Argyle's JV and Cheerleading squad starting in the 3rd quarter.

bobcat1
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Both Gainesville and Aubrey got to battle against Argyle's JV and Cheerleading squad starting in the 3rd quarter. :D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, I hope you aren't putting your hopes of a PP victory on the insightful information you have provided as to how many points were scored by common opponents.
The obvious difference is that PP's starters played the whole game, fighting down to the last second in a win and a loss.
Both Gainesville and Aubrey got to battle against Argyle's JV and Cheerleading squad starting in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah I know......but did noticed Aubrey slapped yalls 1st teamers with 7 points just as they did with our "bad defense".:)

firstdown
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah I know......but did noticed Aubrey slapped yalls 1st teamers with 7 points just as they did with our "bad defense".:)

Those suckers are stingy. They held the ball for the whole first quarter and and a minute of the second. Of course we helped them convert with a few bone headed mistakes. Dang High School kids can't trust for nothing. :D

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Those suckers are stingy. They held the ball for the whole first quarter and and a minute of the second. Of course we helped them convert with a few bone headed mistakes. Dang High School kids can't trust for nothing. :D

:clap:

BLACK ATTACK
10-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Yep, every dog has its day. Well.....unless your PP.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Yep, every dog has its day. Well.....unless your PP.

FAIL.....

Can I have your numbers.....I mean....STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS>>>>>LMAO.:eek: :kiss:

LionFan72
10-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Argyle by however many they want to score!!

BLACK ATTACK
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
FAIL.....

Can I have your numbers.....I mean....STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS>>>>>LMAO.:eek: :kiss:

Dude, you ain't in 2A anymore, 80% of your offense (Jarman Johnson) graduated, and this ain't last year or any year before.

So welcome to 3A, have a coke and a smile, and since you will need something to do in a few weeks, why don't you attend one of our playoff games, we would love to have you. LMAO!

defense51
10-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Argyle rolls in this one!!!

bowleghorses
10-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Not sure what to make out of the Point this year. They seem to be lacking depth. I see Argyle pulling away late with a 21 point win.

I see Argyle making whatever they want with them.

BILLYFRED0000
10-26-2010, 03:04 PM
This will be out of hand in the second but PP is a tough squad that will not stop playing. Just do not have the horses to compete with the eagles.

Aesculus gilmus
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
For those who have seen the Argyle Sox, excuse me, Eagles play, do they really appear to be a Top 5 team to you or do they perhaps overly benefit from being in the Metroplex with its saturation media coverage?

There is a possibility the Buckeyes could play them if we make it far enough (Round 3, I think). That's why I'm curious.

BILLYFRED0000
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
For those who have seen the Argyle Sox, excuse me, Eagles play, do they really appear to be a Top 5 team to you or do they perhaps overly benefit from being in the Metroplex with its saturation media coverage?

There is a possibility the Buckeyes could play them if we make it far enough (Round 3, I think). That's why I'm curious.

They are good. but I think Carthage is better. Gilmer maybe not quite as good.
Carthage will be the region final out of d2 and argyle should be the other IMHO. I still don't have d1 figured out tho. Celina has a good chance but I cannot figure out Lovejoy or Henderson.
They play well then not so well. hard to figure.

MesquiteFan
10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I saw them first week of the season against Lovejoy. Didn't really impress me that much. They have a good defense and a good running game, but they are definitely beatable. No disrespect intended, I think they are a good team obviously, but there are a lot of good teams in D2.

BLACK ATTACK
10-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by MesquiteFan
I saw them first week of the season against Lovejoy. Didn't really impress me that much. They have a good defense and a good running game, but they are definitely beatable. No disrespect intended, I think they are a good team obviously, but there are a lot of good teams in D2.

:rolleyes:

Keith7
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
guys remember.. Argyle techincally tied with Gainesville.

It was 1-1.. Gainesville dominated the second half. Argyle really isn't very good

BLACK ATTACK
10-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

It was 1-1.. Gainesville dominated the second half. Argyle really isn't very good

......and as first reported, you are still an idiot

firstdown
10-26-2010, 08:05 PM

Thank you Keith7 you made me laugh out loud. BTW when is the last time Gainesville beat Argyle in anything other than the number of arrests on Friday night?

Pick6
10-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Thank you Keith7 you made me laugh out loud. BTW when is the last time Gainesville beat Argyle in anything other than the number of arrests on Friday night?

wow...was i ever wrong about argyle

skins4life
10-26-2010, 09:05 PM

Now that made me laugh out loud. :D

bobcat1
10-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
wow...was i ever wrong about argyle I never have known you to be right much. :D

bobcat1
10-26-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by skins4life
Now that made me laugh out loud. :D Right there with you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
10-27-2010, 08:53 AM

Wow this is just classless :doh:

I guess getting spanked for a half does that to you

BLACK ATTACK
10-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Right there with you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1

Keith7
10-27-2010, 09:02 AM
The arrest thing doesn't even make sense and is borderline racist.. I know it was tough being brought back down to Earth last Friday but wow.. Show some class :doh:

bobcat1
10-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow this is just classless :doh:

I guess getting spanked for a half does that to you Is there a site that keeps up with half wins?:thinking:

OldNavy
10-27-2010, 10:41 AM
... Gainesville dominated the second half. Argyle really isn't very good

Argyle 49, Gainesville 21 and Argyle really isn't very good? Looks like you would give Gainesville more credit than that.

firstdown
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
The arrest thing doesn't even make sense and is borderline racist.. I know it was tough being brought back down to Earth last Friday but wow.. Show some class :doh:

How is that borderline racist? Don't be so touchy Mr. Seven, it was a joke no harm meant, you know just like your comments are a joke. I am assuming that you can't be serious with your statements. Then again we all know what a assuming does.

BLACK ATTACK
10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by OldNavy
Argyle 49, Gainesville 21 and Argyle really isn't very good? Looks like you would give Gainesville more credit than that.

Exactly.....and he is actually giving Gainesville less credit than that considering who was on the field for Argyle in the 2nd half of that game.
But, surely this person is just trying to get a rise, because nobody could actually be stupid enough to find any credibility in his posts.......or could they?:thinking:

bobcat1
10-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Exactly.....and he is actually giving Gainesville less credit than that considering who was on the field for Argyle in the 2nd half of that game.
But, surely this person is just trying to get a rise, because nobody could actually be stupid enough to find any credibility in his posts.......or could they?:thinking: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3672/imagescai7mw6q.jpg Oh I don't know........:D

partimefan
10-27-2010, 09:47 PM

Typical arrogant, elitist Argyle ranting.

BLACK ATTACK
10-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by partimefan
Typical arrogant, elitist Argyle ranting.

Nope....just fact until proven otherwise. Deal with it.

RPF2666
10-28-2010, 06:17 AM
I'd think every Gainnesville fan in the free world would be a big fan of Argyle...

Argyle is likely going to get you into the playoffs!

Oh wait, I just realized that if Gainnesville does make the playoffs, and is ANY good, they'll play Argyle again...AND

Keith7 may get to win another 2nd Half!

RPF2666
10-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Make that a 1/4...Argyle likely will play starters through 3rd to keep 'em sharp for next opponent...

partimefan
10-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Nope....just fact until proven otherwise. Deal with it.

It may be a fact that Gainesville ISD has not beat Argyle ISD in many events in the recent past.

However, the comment about arrests shows the lack of class that I repeatedly see in Argyle fans.

BLACK ATTACK
10-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
I'd think every Gainnesville fan in the free world would be a big fan of Argyle...

Argyle is likely going to get you into the playoffs!

Oh wait, I just realized that if Gainnesville does make the playoffs, and is ANY good, they'll play Argyle again...AND

Keith7 may get to win another 2nd Half!

LMAO!

IshotAcarebear
10-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by partimefan
It may be a fact that Gainesville ISD has not beat Argyle ISD in many events in the recent past.

However, the comment about arrests shows the lack of class that I repeatedly see in Argyle fans.

Then you obviously dont know Argyle fans. Wonderful supportive people. Great town, great school, and they have a great football team!

And to be honest, I dont see how it is considered a lack of class to state something that is in fact true.
Is it a lie to say that there is more crime in Gainesville than in Argyle? Just saying, if my car was to break down at 2am on a Friday night I would feel much safer if were in a town like Argyle, rather than Gainesville. And having been a resident of both Argyle and Gainesville I can back that up.

Having said my thoughts on that, I'll take Argyle over PP by 21! :thumbsup:

BLACK ATTACK
10-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by IshotAcarebear
Then you obviously dont know Argyle fans. Wonderful supportive people. Great town, great school, and they have a great football team!

And to be honest, I dont see how it is considered a lack of class to state something that is in fact true.
Is it a lie to say that there is more crime in Gainesville than in Argyle? Just saying, if my car was to break down at 2am on a Friday night I would feel much safer if were in a town like Argyle, rather than Gainesville. And having been a resident of both Argyle and Gainesville I can back that up.

Having said my thoughts on that, I'll take Argyle over PP by 21! :thumbsup:

+1:clap:

Pick6
10-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Nvm