PDA

View Full Version : Navarro? Is this true?

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Our tennis court was painted purple, as well as our State Championship "monument". The going theory is Navarro fans (obviously kids) did it. Don't know if its true, but since they are coming here this week, and their colors are purple (so I am told), its a conclusion some have made. Anyone have any other input on this? This could be a very bad thing for Navarro come this Friday, if true.

Tin Cup
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I've seen towns own students do things like this to make you think it was the "bad guys." not always the case but really stupid whoever did it.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
I hear ya,Tin. Thats why I was careful in saying it was a fact.

Tx Challenge
10-24-2010, 11:26 PM
There are plenty of Panther teams that wear purple Wimbo....I think you know a couple. Actually that is B.S. and not cool at all. Hope they find out who did it

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Or kids of your own school who don't care about sports or anything to do with the school and want to be rebels.

BaseballUmp
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Or kids of your own school who don't care about sports or anything to do with the school and want to be rebels.
+1

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Man, Navarro is almost 200 miles away (right?) for some kids to do this? I understand that these things happen, but it seems a bit far fetched that they would drive over 400 miles round trip to do this????

Either way, it really ticks me off that people vandalize property! :mad:

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Good possibility, Emerson. It's a 40 minute drive....long way for such crap, especially since there is ZERO rivalry between us.

BaseballUmp
10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
About 15 miles tops for either Rockdale or Cameron to do such blasphemy lol

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Man, Navarro is almost 200 miles away (right?) for some kids to do this? I understand that these things happen, but it seems a bit far fetched that they would drive over 400 miles round trip to do this????

No Pirate...about 45 miles.

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No Pirate...about 45 miles. I'm thinking of another Navarro then LOL.

Still, 45 miles is still a haul for teenagers. Most of them can't sit still for more than 10 mins. LOL.

Hope they catch whoever did this.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking of another Navarro then LOL.

Still, 45 miles is still a haul for teenagers. Most of them can't sit still for more than 10 mins. LOL.

Hope they catch whoever did this.

I agree Pirate...plus...the fact we have nothing in the past to cause such actions. No history or animosity. Never played them, as far as I know.

sinton66
10-25-2010, 06:40 AM
That's a real nice monument there too. Pretty crappy thing to do.

TexDad
10-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Wimbo, yes we have played them in the past. Either late 80's or early 90's we were in the same district. Never has been a big rival or anything. No telling who did the vandalism.......

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by TexDad
Wimbo, yes we have played them in the past. Either late 80's or early 90's we were in the same district. Never has been a big rival or anything. No telling who did the vandalism.......

Wow...I didnt realize that. I moved here permanently in 92. But still...no one around here ever has mentioned a rivalry with them, so I am confused about this one too. It just seems too...I dunno...too obvious.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh good lord...the plot thickens. Someone told me Coach Nelms' mailbox was smashed up too. I gotta tell everyone that I have not personally seen any of this, but I do think my source is reasonably reliable.....though I dont think my source has actually seen it either!!! LOLOL

This is getting curiouser and curiouser by the day!

RoyceTTU
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh good lord...the plot thickens. Someone told me Coach Nelms' mailbox was smashed up too. I gotta tell everyone that I have not personally seen any of this, but I do think my source is reasonably reliable.....though I dont think my source has actually seen it either!!! LOLOL

This is getting curiouser and curiouser by the day!

This is starting to sound like some of the things that have gone on between Bwd and Sville.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Isn't Nelms mailman a Navarro graduate, who played tennis? :thinking:

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles

Mystery solved!!!! LOL

bulldog82
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
rumor has it navarro has something to prove comming from 2a, good way to stir the pot if thats what theyre looking for. but too alot of surronding school and district teams that are purple that might wnt to get things stirred up for this what may be the ditrict championship.

TexanAlum_06
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
If this was done by kids from another town then I would say there is a better chance the panthers north of here are responsible for it. With that said, it still doesn't make sense because I don't see a plausible motive. A few kids from Navarro attend my church and im tempted to ask a few questions lol.

Disclaimer: Im NOT accusing LH of anything, just saying that if this was done by kids from another town they would be the more likely suspect given our recent history/rivalry. Odds are that this was done by Wimberley kids.

gold_33
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Theres really no telling who actually did this, hard to believe that kids from Navarro would drive here and pull this and give our team even more reason to destroy them on friday. Vandalizing another schools property and someones home is going to far even if your trying to get another team fired up. If you want to wrap the goal post or trees in purple paper or the monument or put up signs then thats fine, something that can be easily cleaned up. But to try to ruin stuff especially our state championship monument that wasnt cheap, is going too far. If it was students from Navarro then they will get whats coming to them Friday, they were going to anyways, but I still am skeptical about this whole situation.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
If this was done by kids from another town then I would say there is a better chance the panthers north of here are responsible for it. With that said, it still doesn't make sense because I don't see a plausible motive. A few kids from Navarro attend my church and im tempted to ask a few questions lol.

Disclaimer: Im NOT accusing LH of anything, just saying that it would be the more likely scenario given our recent history/rivalry.

Exactly...LH would have FAr more of a reason (as we would to do the same to them) and yet, it never has happened. This just doesnt add up. This seems way over the top to me. It just doenst add up. But who knows...right?

Tin Cup
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Liberty hill didn't do it. They beat LLANO by a TD. They wouldn't stir up anybody bc they can't back it up :cool:

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Me too Gold 33....its so over-the-top that it makes me doubt it. But we'll go ahead and destroy them thoroughly on Friday...just in case. LOL

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
Theres really no telling who actually did this, hard to believe that kids from Navarro would drive here and pull this and give our team even more reason to destroy them on friday. Vandalizing another schools property and someones home is going to far even if your trying to get another team fired up. If you want to wrap the goal post or trees in purple paper or the monument or put up signs then thats fine, something that can be easily cleaned up. But to try to ruin stuff especially our state championship monument that wasnt cheap, is going too far. If it was students from Navarro then they will get whats coming to them Friday, they were going to anyways, but I still am skeptical about this whole situation.

Giving poor Navarro no chance here? I kinda agree. They have made a good showing to date though. I figured Texans by 14, but---now ya'll can claim they did this defacing (though I don't think it was them), Texans by 28.

RoyceTTU
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Wimbo....are you sure you didn't do it to fire the team up:confused: :thinking: :thinking:

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I ain't sayin' nothin'.....

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Giving poor Navarro no chance here? I kinda agree. They have made a good showing to date though. I figured Texans by 14, but---now ya'll can claim they did this defacing (though I don't think it was them), Texans by 28.

Everyone has a chance against any team in any game....but its highly doubtful Navarro can hang for 4 quarters. However, I will admit our performance last week was pretty sloppy, and if it continues, we will get surpised by a team like Navarro. But being at home...i dont see it.

ronwx5x
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM

It's actually Navarro HS in Geronimo, TX. Geronimo is located north of Seguin on the way to San Marcos.

clhsdad
10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Remember we have two teams in our district with purple as the school colors not suggesting or accusing anyone but you still play Boerne the last week.

TexanAlum_06
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Wimbo, when did this happen? Saturday or Sunday night?

gold_33
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Wimbo, when did this happen? Saturday or Sunday night?

Had to have been Saturday night because I heard about it yesterday evening.

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Well these people are lousy at it then...don't they know they are supposed to do it the night before the game???

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I went and checked it out. The tennis court (unless cleaned up thoroughly) only shows a "trail" of what might have been bleach or paint thinner or something like that...nothing that looked purple. There was no sign of anything being "painted" as we first heard.

Regarding the Championship monument....I see absolutely no sign of any damage to it. I checked around it for signs of anything that might have been washed off...nothing that I could see.I will admit, however, that the monument itself was very clean...no dirt or even dust on it. So, I would think it had been cleaned thoroughly....and recently too.

I am doubting this "Navarro" claim even more now.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Uh-oh...more developments in this HORRID EVENT!!! LOL

Apparently its being rumored that they were actually caught. Vandalized some cars with Sharpies too. These guys are animals!!LOL

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 12:04 PM

Apparently its being rumored that they were actually caught. Vandalized some cars with Sharpies too. These guys are animals!!LOL

Oh the humanity!!!:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Apparently its being rumored that they were actually caught. Vandalized some cars with Sharpies too. These guys are animals!!LOL 2 legged or 4 legged?

arges
10-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Really doubt that the Navarro kids would do this sort of thing, if it really did happen. No kind of history of any kind of pranks like this before. Kind of sounds like something a certain bunch of hooligans from my alma mater (a certain Tribe) did to a much hated rival (a certain bunch of turkeys) about 10 years ago. I don't think the administration or any of the farm folk around here would put up with that kind of shenanigans.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by arges
Really doubt that the Navarro kids would do this sort of thing, if it really did happen. No kind of history of any kind of pranks like this before. Kind of sounds like something a certain bunch of hooligans from my alma mater (a certain Tribe) did to a much hated rival (a certain bunch of turkeys) about 10 years ago. I don't think the administration or any of the farm folk around here would put up with that kind of shenanigans.

Sounds fishy to me too Arges...but with this "claim" that kids were actually caught, it might change things. I'll let you know if this is true or not, and what we know. Cuz if they were caught, you can be sure the cops were called. If the cops weren't called, then I doubt the whole thing. I promise not to sleep until this Tragedy is solved!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Exactly...LH would have FAr more of a reason (as we would to do the same to them) and yet, it never has happened. This just doesnt add up. This seems way over the top to me. It just doenst add up. But who knows...right?
Heck I know it wasn't us! The word I'm hearing is that it was a handful of Wimberley alum trying to fire up the team. They started out with blue & red paint, since those are your colors, but got skeered & tried to wash it off. Not being the brightest bunch to graduate from there, they didn't realize that when red & blue run together, it makes purple. :p

Seriously, I hope they catch/caught whoever's responsible!

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck I know it wasn't us! The word I'm hearing is that it was a handful of Wimberley alum trying to fire up the team. They started out with blue & red paint, since those are your colors, but got skeered & tried to wash it off. Not being the brightest bunch to graduate from there, they didn't realize that when red & blue run together, it makes purple. :p

Seriously, I hope they catch/caught whoever's responsible!

Very funny LHPM!!

On a serious note, they have a good lead on the culprits. They vandalized some cars too, wrote on them with a Sharpie or something. Seeing that the colors were purple and seeing that they misspelled every single word...they're sure it was someone from Liberty Hill. Details to follow.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Seriously, I hope they catch/caught whoever's responsible! :)

ROFL.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Very funny LHPM!!

On a serious note, they have a good lead on the culprits. They vandalized some cars too, wrote on them with a Sharpie or something. Seeing that the colors were purple and seeing that they misspelled every single word...they're sure it was someone from Liberty Hill. Details to follow.

Yeah, according to America's Most Wanted websight, they spelled Wimberley, Wimberly.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
i have pics of the monument, but i dont know how to post them here.

banderafan
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM

That is funny! I was going to blame Liberty Hill, but I see some have already beat me to it...LOL!

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:21 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/monument2.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/buse_6/monument1.jpg

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2010, 08:26 PM

That's pretty low! :(

bag-o-chips
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
When were these photos taken? Looks like it has happened more than once because the paint coverage is different.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
When were these photos taken? Looks like it has happened more than once because the paint coverage is different.

It happened Sat. night we think, picstaken Sunday, when it was cleaned up. I saw this stuff around the base of it this morning, kind of like large pieces of freshly dried paint. But I was originally told it was done in purple,which it obviously was not purple, so I didnt suspect it to be the stuff used until I just got these pics.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
There's 2 sides to the monument.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
not sure what you mean by paint coverage....but its the front and the back of the monument. i suppose the color diff has to do with the lighting...dunno. it wasnt this way when i saw it thursday, can guarantee you that much.

bag-o-chips
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
So how do you think Navarro did this? Anybody could do this with this color of paint.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Bag O Chips...as you probably read, I dont know what to think. There is zero rivalry between us....no games played for at least 15 years. I dont know what to think...other than the rumor someone was caught in the act. I am trying to confirm, but the going theory is that it was Navarro. I think its just too easy to blame then until we know more.

bag-o-chips
10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
The only problem I have is you only have rumors but implicate Navarro in the title of this thread. Until the facts are in no names should be called. Just my opinion that's all.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
The only problem I have is you only have rumors but implicate Navarro in the title of this thread. Until the facts are in no names should be called. Just my opinion that's all.

I understand your point, Bag.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think Navarro did this. Why would they? No history, till now. And, not sure they should of been listed on the thread title either. Appears you might wanna give your boy's some bulletin board material at Navarro's expense. Just an outsiders view here.

Good luck to both teams.

I'll also add, whoever did this---you are classless and should be ashamed. Nice monument Wimberley.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think Navarro did this. Why would they? No history, till now. And, not sure they should of been listed on the thread title either. Appears you might wanna give your boy's some bulletin board material at Navarro's expense. Just an outsiders view here.

Good luck to both teams.

LOL...no, its not about "board time". I've been here long enough to take all the board time I want to talk about the Texans (and I will come the play offs!!!). It's just the hubbub going around town like wildfire, and I thought I'd share it here. I agree that it might be simply local vandals, but thats not what the team thinks. They are kids, and they are fired up. I would imagine Coach Nelms is promoting calm, but hell...you try and slow down teens and the rumor mill.

Regarding putting on here....the team is 3A, and this is a 3A football forum. You can be sure it will be all the talk come Friday night.

If something changes or more facts come available, I'll let you know.

Snotbubbles
10-25-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL...no, its not about "board time". I've been here long enough to take all the board time I want to talk about the Texans (and I will come the play offs!!!). It's just the hubbub going around town like wildfire, and I thought I'd share it here. I agree that it might be simply local vandals, but thats not what the team thinks. They are kids, and they are fired up. I would imagine Coach Nelms is promoting calm, but hell...you try and slow down teens and the rumor mill.

Regarding putting on here....the team is 3A, and this is a 3A football forum. You can be sure it will be all the talk come Friday night.

If something changes or more facts come available, I'll let you know.

Getting the facts before having Navarro in the title of the thread would of been better is all I'm saying. Pitiful whoever did it.

wimbo_pro
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
It's a discussion board, not The World Court. You'll notice I have questioned Navarro's participation throughout the thread...even in the title. I think they can handle the question being asked, especially once they read my posts questioning whether or not it makes sense for it to be kids from their school. Don't be so sensative.

Tx Challenge
10-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Disclaimer: Im NOT accusing LH of anything, just saying that if this was done by kids from another town they would be the more likely suspect given our recent history/rivalry. Odds are that this was done by Wimberley kids.

Nah we are just as far away as they are:devil:

As I said, this is not in anyway something that anyone should be proud of. Hope they get caught. I would look close to home on this though. Just saying....

Alum, give me a call. I am in town.