5wide
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
who you got?

BullBoy
10-24-2010, 08:15 PM
decatur in a close one.

rangerjim60
10-24-2010, 08:17 PM
bullboy, what are the Eagles looking at/for in mineral wells?

ramfan
10-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Expecting a really good game. Decatur coming off a bye week should be rested and well prepared. I will be making the trip to support the Rams!!

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
We have a poster from the Decatur district? AWESOME!!! :clap:

I like Decatur in a close one!

Budman007
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
After seeing both teams play, I've got to go with the Eagles. They will be rested and determined. They are also extremely well-coached by Kyle Story and his staff as always.

ramfan
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I guess the Bridgeport fans will be cheering for Decatur in this one which must kill them. A Decatur win will cause a 3-way tie for first. Mineral Wells will go big-school regardless of the result. Not sure how tie-breaker works...:confused:

Bullaholic
10-24-2010, 08:45 PM
This one will come down to the Rams run defense. If they can't stop the Decatur backs, this one goes to the Eagles. I think the Ram "D" is stronger than the Ram "O", and if they can get their "O" clicking well, then the Rams win. Like you guys said---selfishly the Bulls want Decatur to win this one. I have respect for the abilities of both teams--this should be a good ol' fashioned head-knocker.

ramfan
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
I have to say I was really excited to drop from 4A to 3A and not seeing the likes of Aledo and Birdville in our district. There is still a ton of competition in 3A after playing Graham, Glen Rose, Argyle ect. I have enjoyed District 7-3A so far. Lots of balanced competition and close games. Hope it carries over into basketball and baseball. It will be a great sports year for watching!!!

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
bullboy, what are the Eagles looking at/for in mineral wells?

nothing too flashy, they're a well balanced team and fast defensively. Bridgeport had the chance to finish them off but came out flat in the 2nd half, they like throwing slant patterns to #1 and have two good power running backs. they simply line up and play solid football, taking what opposing defenses give them instead of trying to go for the big play. after watching both play i chose to go with decatur because i feel like they're just more impressive offensively and they will want this game more than mineral wells will, but it should be a good game. Decatur will run the ball and run it effectively, stopping them is easier said than done. i may just go watch this one and sit on the eagletts side, maybe (and i heard that the rams starting QB got hurt last week against lake worth.). good luck to both teams.

My prediction:

Decatur 42

Mineral Wells 28

we'll see just how close my prediction was after friday night.

booger
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Who will be the playoff teams from this district and who will they play?

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 01:18 PM
right now the playoff teams would be:

1: Mineral Wells (Division 1)

2: Bridgeport (Division 2)

3: Decatur (Division 2)

the last time i saw the playoff predictions they had:

Mineral Wells vs Alvarado in round 1.

Bridgeport vs Glen Rose in round 1.

Decatur vs Kennedale in round 1.

they may or may not have changed.

rangerjim60
10-25-2010, 02:51 PM
thanks bullboy - you can sit by me - I'll have on the blue shirt!

I expect this to be a good game. Think the biggest advantage for Decatur will be home field but that didn't work for Bridgeport. Decaturs QB (Muehlstein) has been improving every week which frees up Hodges to run or play QB as an option. Was surprised Mineral threw 30 times against Bridgeport and ran for 140 yards. I think a 42-28 Decatur win is a pretty good prediction but I think it will be a little than that. Decatur scores with 1:52 left in the 4th to win 41-35.

What is the tie-breakers if B'Port, MW, and Decatur are all 3-1? and all beat up on each other? Is it margin of victory, etc?

rholl
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
IS MW in for sure as large school?

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
What is the tie-breakers if B'Port, MW, and Decatur are all 3-1? and all beat up on each other? Is it margin of victory, etc?

If they're all 3-1 then all 3 would share the district championship. Bridgeport would be a higher seed in the playoffs than Decatur. You guys are still stuck with a game against Kennedale in round 1 while we get Glen Rose and a match up in round 2 against "you know who".

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by rholl
IS MW in for sure as large school?

yep, the only way another school could go in as the large school would have been for MW to miss the playoffs, but they secured their spot already last week by beating Lake Worth.

Gobbler Fan
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
We have a poster from the Decatur district? AWESOME!!! :clap:

I like Decatur in a close one!

After the 2004 debacle Decatur fans have been pretty quiet ...hehehe:D

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
After the 2004 debacle Decatur fans have been pretty quiet ...hehehe:D

:D I remember that, i was still in high school, hell we had kids showing up at school with Decatur Shirts on and the teachers made them take them off! i'm not gonna lie, i really did think the Eagles were gonna win it all that year, they just looked unstoppable in every game!

i think a similar thing happened to them again in 2006 against the same team:D

NEMESIS Wylie aka Abilene Wylie!

they sure have had Decaturs number the past couple of times they met.:D

t-bag31
10-25-2010, 04:19 PM
decatur by 7

ramfan
10-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Judging by the poll (13-13) it looks like game could go either way. Maybe another OT win for the Rams!!!

5wide
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
:D I remember that, i was still in high school, hell we had kids showing up at school with Decatur Shirts on and the teachers made them take them off! i'm not gonna lie, i really did think the Eagles were gonna win it all that year, they just looked unstoppable in every game!

i think a similar thing happened to them again in 2006 against the same team:D

NEMESIS Wylie aka Abilene Wylie!

they sure have had Decaturs number the past couple of times they met.:D

I hope it happens to brownwood...man that would be funny!

5wide
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
oh and the game..too early in the week to make a prediction!

ramfan
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
thats what makes HS football so great. Anything can happen.

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
:D I remember that, i was still in high school, hell we had kids showing up at school with Decatur Shirts on and the teachers made them take them off!

I cannot believe I read this.

*mouth agape*

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
If they're all 3-1 then all 3 would share the district championship. Bridgeport would be a higher seed in the playoffs than Decatur. You guys are still stuck with a game against Kennedale in round 1 while we get Glen Rose and a match up in round 2 against "you know who".

I wouldn't even assume a round 2 matchup yet. Lets play 'em one game at a time right now.

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I wouldn't even assume a round 2 matchup yet. Lets play 'em one game at a time right now.

i'm just going off of what that playoff prediction thing said. with two weeks left to go, alot of playoff spots are not yet set. we won't know what's up until district is over. just one more game to play for our bulls, i'm confident that bridgeport can secure their playoff spot next week.

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 05:36 PM

*mouth agape*

it's true, and it all started the week that Decatur was coming to town and i believe they were ranked #7 in 3A at the time. no one believed bridgeport would win and showed it by wearing blue eagles shirts. i knew it was a long shot to beat them but i still stuck with my team, had a few friends that played on that bulls team.

go blue 64
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
MW is on a roll they will win this one in a close game.:)

5wide
10-25-2010, 07:03 PM
i think we were higher than 7th...but that was a good game! Had us scared at half no doubt.

BullBoy
10-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
i think we were higher than 7th...but that was a good game! Had us scared at half no doubt.

what were yall ranked? i know yall were a top 10 team but it was so long ago that i can't remember.:confused:

BullsFan
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM

*mouth agape*

Me either. Back in the day anyone wearing an Eaglets shirt to school would have to have been awfully brave....or awfully stupid.

Which is not to say I'm not rooting for them vs. the Rams. :D

partimefan
10-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Hodges by 10.

mwrams
10-26-2010, 06:25 AM
I agree (Scott Hodges of Mineral Wells) by 10! LOL!
The Rams win and they are District Champs. They lose and they are Co-Champs. Either way they go big school and will face Alvarado in round 1.
The Rams have won 5 straight. Lawrence has this team playing bend but not break defense.

AngeloState39
10-26-2010, 09:00 AM
this whole district is a joke.

mw in a close one.

5wide
10-28-2010, 11:01 AM
33-30 decatur wins!

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 07:09 AM
i heard Decatur's starting QB was pulled out of the game early in the 1st half, any truth to that?:confused:

rangerjim60
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
QB was hurt early in the 2nd Qtr and was out rest of game. Also Starting RB/backup QB (Hodges) was out with effects from a concussion from the game before. Kids tried hard but Still can get in playoffs with a win at Castleberry Friday.

Mineral Wells seemed to be a good/but average team - similar to Decatur. Would have been a good game with both teams at full strength.

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
i think a decatur team at full strength would have been enough to beat them by atleast 10-14 points. oh well, we'll just have to wait until next year, on another note i say Alvarado shuts them down or out next week, Rams offense is not too impressive.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 12:47 PM
i think a decatur team at full strength would have been enough to beat them by atleast 10-14 points. oh well, we'll just have to wait until next year, on another note i say Alvarado shuts them down or out next week, Rams offense is not too impressive.

I think you are about to get "butted", BullBoy....:D

mwrams
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I thought they were impressive. If they dont take a knee at the 5 the score would have been 42-16. The Ram QB had bruised ribs and he didnt practice all week. So they were not at full strength either! We ARE DISTRICT CHAMPS no what ifs...about it!! GO BIG RED! I called it at the beginning of the season and I'm calling it again... I think the Rams win over Alvarado.

Bullaholic
11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mwrams
I thought they were impressive. If they dont take a knee at the 5 the score would have been 42-16. The Ram QB had bruised ribs and he didnt practice all week. So they were not at full strength either! We ARE DISTRICT CHAMPS no what ifs...about it!! GO BIG RED! I called it at the beginning of the season and I'm calling it again... I think the Rams win over Alvarado.

Nope, can't take anything away from your Rams, mwrams, you won the district outright---Congrats to the Rams on a fine season, so far. Alvarado will be a stiff test for you guys---especially on defense. Best of luck to you.....

mwrams
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the kudos BULLAHOLIC! and Good Luck to the Bulls also. Lets all go and represent 7 3A with pride and show the rest that we are not just the pushover they all think we are. We have played Alvarado in the past and they have always been a worthy opponent. But are not showing up with our tails between our legs either. The Rams could very well be a 9-1 team at this point if we had not dropped a few passes and one bad call in Graham. I will give it Argyle..they have a good team. But, we have improved every week and have now won 6 in a row. This will be a better game than people think.

Eaglefan
11-01-2010, 02:10 PM
It was very unfortunate our qb went out so early. Decatur was really fired up and seemed to being playing really well up to that point, offensively and defensively. Our qb could of come back in the second half, but they decided to hold him out because even the loss didn't ruin our chances for playoffs. Wasn't worth risking it. I must say, though, after watching the Rams, I can't believe they beat Bridgeport...didn't seem like that good of a team.

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think you are about to get "butted", BullBoy....:D

:D just trying to get back in to "trash talk" mode with the playoffs just a week away. i hope MW can beat Alvarado but i think those pesky Indians will be a little too much for the Lambs to handle. best of luck to all teams that will represent district 7-3A in the playoffs. :D :cheerl: :D

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought they were impressive. If they dont take a knee at the 5 the score would have been 42-16. The Ram QB had bruised ribs and he didnt practice all week. So they were not at full strength either! We ARE DISTRICT CHAMPS no what ifs...about it!! GO BIG RED! I called it at the beginning of the season and I'm calling it again... I think the Rams win streak ends against Alvarado.

you may be right..:thinking:

mwrams
11-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Bull...is a thread hijacker again! Do I detect a hint of "they are still in shock" after talkin all that trash at the begining of the year?

BullBoy
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Bull...is a thread hijacker again! Do I detect a hint of "they are still in shock" after talkin all that trash at the begining of the year?

:cheerl: :cheerl::cheerl: :cheerl:

you know i'm just clowning around right?

yall have one hell of a team over there, and MW IS capable of going pretty deep in the playoffs if their QB is on target with every throw, no doubt that the defense is good and pretty fast too! :D