PDA

View Full Version : Carthage v Forney

ThaRealBulldog
11-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Should be a great game, both teams coming off blowout wins. Carthage 62 Spring Hill 30 Jamon Edwards had 317 yards rushing and 7 tds also one was a kickoff return for a td. Forney won't stop the Carthage's offense. Im takin my dogs in a close one, we are comin out ready!

3afan2K3
11-15-2003, 10:31 PM
Forney is gonna win

aamove
11-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Forney by 10.

Rabbit'93
11-15-2003, 11:55 PM
Last year I think our boys didn't come prepared. I feel that this ones gonna be a track meet.

Forney 42
Carthage 35

BigDog
11-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know the time and location.

jason
11-16-2003, 11:00 AM
BigDog:
Does anyone know the time and location.Thursday, 7:00 or 7:30
Rose Stadium, Tyler

eye of the tiger
11-16-2003, 12:21 PM
I think Forney is just too tough for Carthage. Ill take Forney by a couple of TD's in a high scoring game.

sinton66
11-16-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm not gonna assign any numbers, but I'll take the Jackrabbits in this one.

marlinbulldogplayer
11-16-2003, 01:03 PM
ill take forney in a good on. 42-28 forney

duckbutter
11-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Forney by 21+.

crzyjournalist03
11-16-2003, 08:18 PM
Forney's defense showed up last week as I thought that they would. Our starters didn't play a down in the second half on either side of the ball. Forney has momentum going right now, and I think our boys still feel like they have something to prove to Carthage--they want to show Carthage last year's "miracle" win was no fluke...I'll take Forney in this one, but it will be a good game.

Forney 49
Carthage 21

Jimbotex40
11-16-2003, 09:05 PM
i think forney will win, not by as much as they want like they against wills point. it will be about like the cowboys beating the bills for second time in Super Bowl 28 (i suck with roman numerals, someone help a brotha out)

merlin69
11-16-2003, 09:10 PM
no prediction here
could go either way.....

jason
11-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Jimbotex40:
i think forney will win, not by as much as they want like they against wills point. it will be about like the cowboys beating the bills for second time in Super Bowl 28 (i suck with roman numerals, someone help a brotha out)XXVIII :D

GlenRosePoster
11-16-2003, 09:24 PM
I think Carthage will pull the upset in a close one.

surfspike
11-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Forney is going to become overwhelming. Carthage won't be able to hang. Forney by 17

kaorder1999
11-16-2003, 09:33 PM
carthage will be good...rabbits better bring A-game...good luck forney

3afan
11-16-2003, 10:05 PM
game time is 7pm

fatcat255
11-16-2003, 10:31 PM
TheRealBulldog, check your PM's. Just wanted you to see my prediction from last week so you knew where I stood.

Matthew328
11-17-2003, 10:25 AM
If anyone thinks Forney will blow Carthage out they are in for a rude awakening..Carthage is the type of team that gives Forney fits...Power running, good speed and ball control..Forney having to win in the last seconds last year was no fluke..Carthage matches up well with Forney..

PPHSfan
11-17-2003, 10:31 AM
Several folks said that if I thought that Daingerfield would get blown out by Gilmer..that I was in for a rude awakening. This game should be close............... but it won't be.

Forney in a rout. 42-14

This is the week that Forney makes believers out of those boys over there in Gainesville.

<small>[ November 17, 2003, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

3afan
11-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Matthew328:
If anyone thinks Forney will blow Carthage out they are in for a rude awakening..Carthage is the type of team that gives Forney fits...Power running, good speed and ball control..Forney having to win in the last seconds last year was no fluke..Carthage matches up well with Forney..i agree - this looks to be close - least turnovers win ... but nothing surprises me any more

agrabfan
11-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Well said, Matthew. I am pretty sure that all
real knowledgeable Forney fans know that the
blowout victories are over for this year. Last
year's game was a very physical football game,
and this year will be no different except more
points ( probably a lot more ) will be scored.

crzyjournalist03
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM
I just don't think Carthage's offense is strong enough to slow down Forney's offense. Forney's defense, in my opinion, will come up with a few stops in critical times. That's going to be the difference in the game.

Rabdad
11-18-2003, 08:31 AM
The boys are not taking Carthage lightly for sure. They are very focused this week.
Carthage does have the kind of team that can beat Forney. Turnovers may be the key.

Buckeye80
11-18-2003, 08:51 AM
The Spring Hill Panthers are no "slouches". They had won nine games in a row before Carthage spanked them. Don't underestimate the Bulldogs, Forney, or y'all might be lacing up your sneakers next week.
I think Forney will have a "dog fight" on their hands, but they find a way to pull this one out.
Forney 27
Carthage 25
Besides, I have Forney winning "state" in my bracket, so I really need this one. :D :D

crzyjournalist03
11-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Buckeye80:
The Spring Hill Panthers are no "slouches". They had won nine games in a row before Carthage spanked them. Don't underestimate the Bulldogs, Forney, or y'all might be lacing up your sneakers next week.
I think Forney will have a "dog fight" on their hands, but they find a way to pull this one out.
Forney 27
Carthage 25
Besides, I have Forney winning "state" in my bracket, so I really need this one. :D :D I guarantee you that we're not underestimating Carthage. We made that mistake last year and it almost killed us. Carthage has been my sleeper team since week 0, and if they do manage to get past us, they'll have my support all the way to state. They're a very good team, with very knowledgeable fans who don't talk much trash.

Diboll_Lumberjackk
11-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Diboll blew carthage out 21-0 :) all you have to do is stop theyr running backs wink

J-RABBITS
11-18-2003, 05:38 PM
im curious to know why everyone thinks this year's game will be alot higher scoring than last years's?...i mean doesnt forney basically have the same exact offense except some offensive lineman??...unless carthage's defense isnt as good as last years but i dont know...someone fill me in please...

3afan2K3
11-18-2003, 05:43 PM
J-RABBITS:
im curious to know why everyone thinks this year's game will be alot higher scoring than last years's?...i mean doesnt forney basically have the same exact offense except some offensive lineman??...unless carthage's defense isnt as good as last years but i dont know...someone fill me in please...Forney has a brand new offensive strategy from last year. Havent you been to any of the games???

J-RABBITS
11-18-2003, 06:10 PM
no i havent...havent really had time now that i graduated from there...

crzyjournalist03
11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
J-RABBITS:
no i havent...havent really had time now that i graduated from there...Forney's offense has dramatically chagned since last year. In years past, their favorite formation seemed to be the two back I-formation or something like that. This year, they run the shotgun...a lot. They've really opened up the passing game, and they keep teams guessing as to what they're going to do...it's way more explosive than it has been in recent years.

J-RABBITS
11-18-2003, 07:22 PM
so how does this year's team compare to say last year's team and the 2001 team where we wouldve most likely won state if they wouldnt have paired us with everman so early?...i think those 2 teams are the best we've had as in all-around talent since i attented even though we made it to state in 2000...

crzyjournalist03
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
J-RABBITS:
so how does this year's team compare to say last year's team and the 2001 team where we wouldve most likely won state if they wouldnt have paired us with everman so early?...i think those 2 teams are the best we've had as in all-around talent since i attented even though we made it to state in 2000...This team is more volatile than previous years. The defense is just as good as it has always been, and the offense is almost unstoppable. Last week, Rush introduced a few trick plays into the offense, and that really threw WP's defense into confusion...I really like what Rush has done with the team, and I think this will be the best shot the team has for a while to win it all.

merlin69
11-19-2003, 05:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by J-RABBITS:
so how does this year's team compare to say last year's team and the 2001 team where we wouldve most likely won state if they wouldnt have paired us with everman so early?...i think those 2 teams are the best we've had as in all-around talent since i attented even though we made it to state in 2000...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This team is more volatile than previous years. The defense is just as good as it has always been, and the offense is almost unstoppable. Last week, Rush introduced a few trick plays into the offense, and that really threw WP's defense into confusion...I really like what Rush has done with the team, and I think this will be the best shot the team has for a while to win it all.

ok this is how it goes, last year against Carthage, Forney tried to open up the offense and the passing game was not very effective until the end obviously, i dont think the fact that forney has opened it up this year will make any difference in the score unless Carthage has lost alot on their defense which i know nothing about. crzy is definitely wrong about the forney defense being just as strong as always. i think they can get it done, but they're still young and dont have as much playoff experience. this game will most likely be another low scoring game.

merlin69
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
also the trick plays were stupid cause now carthage will look for them...

3afan2K3
11-19-2003, 06:13 PM
merlin69:
also the trick plays were stupid cause now carthage will look for them...they think of new ones every week

BigDog
11-19-2003, 11:15 PM
Last years game was no fluke, Carthage came to play and Forney didn't show up until the last minute of the game. Carthage ran a ball control offensive and kept the ball away from Forney. As I recall last years game, Hanie had NO time to pass all night. Forney made a hugh 4th down conversion very late in the game to stay alive. The only thing that saved us was the strenght of Hanie to avoid a for-sure sack and the receiver savy enough to go deep after the near sack for the 40 to 50 yard TD. I can visual see that game unfold again.

I just hope Forney comes ready to play this year and I'm sure Carthage will be ready. I expect a great game - Go Rabbits!

ctownace05
11-20-2003, 07:17 PM
The Carthage bulldogs have a powerful offense with 2 returning all district players. Jamond Edwards rushed for an amazing 317 yards with 7 touchdowns. Karlidarius Beechum a returning Varsity Bulldog only a Junior is one of the most powerful running backs in the state. He can run anyone over between him and the endzone. Carthage will take this one by no less than 14.

PPHSfan
11-20-2003, 11:19 PM
PPHSfan
Several folks said that if I thought that Daingerfield would get blown out by Gilmer..that I was in for a rude awakening. This game should be close............... but it won't be.

Forney in a rout. 42-14

This is the week that Forney makes believers out of those boys over there in Gainesville..
Toot Toot Toot :D

jason
11-20-2003, 11:33 PM
ctownace05:
The Carthage bulldogs have a powerful offense with 2 returning all district players. Jamond Edwards rushed for an amazing 317 yards with 7 touchdowns. Karlidarius Beechum a returning Varsity Bulldog only a Junior is one of the most powerful running backs in the state. He can run anyone over between him and the endzone. Carthage will take this one by no less than 14.i think you were off by a little...30 to be exact, oh and forney won...

nigelmer
11-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Hey PPHSfan....got any hot tips for the rest of the season...you could get rich!!! You're on FIRE!!!