PDA

View Full Version : Question about Snyder

ccmom
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
I know it's been discussed on this board before that Snyder players do not take a knee when a player is injured on the field. From what I have been told, the coaching staff instructs the players not to do so. This issue came up again last week when Wylie played Snyder in volleyball and a number of people were wearing shirts that read "Never Take a Knee".

Can someone please give some insight as to what is behind this? Is there a lesson behind this philosophy that I am missing? I'm honestly curious.

Rocket
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Oh don't get me started again, please!! Never be Classy should be what's on the shirt.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I know it's been discussed on this board before that Snyder players do not take a knee when a player is injured on the field. From what I have been told, the coaching staff instructs the players not to do so. This issue came up again last week when Wylie played Snyder in volleyball and a number of people were wearing shirts that read "Never Take a Knee".

Can someone please give some insight as to what is behind this? Is there a lesson behind this philosophy that I am missing? I'm honestly curious.

I agree with you 100% Surely we are wrong about this and sniderville but from watching the replays on TV, it appears to be correct. Somebody please tell us we are wrong

skins4life
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Oh don't get me started again, please!! Never be Classy should be what's on the shirt.

That's the shirt you should wear everyday. :mad: If you don't know the story there Rockee, don't make ignorant comments. :rolleyes: Wait, that's what you do. :devil: :devil:

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
The reason for the shirts if to honor a Snyder football player who has cancer.

Rocket, for once, keep your fat trap shut! I hope you feel like crap!

DaHop72
10-24-2010, 08:28 PM

Can someone please give some insight as to what is behind this? Is there a lesson behind this philosophy that I am missing? I'm honestly curious. The "Never Take a Knee" shirts that you see were made and sold as a fundraiser for one of our senior football players who went through two bouts of cancer, once in jr. high and again in high school. Some believe that taking a knee is a sign of giving up and this young man was not going to take a knee to cancer. It's is a touching and real story of a young man who refuses to quit. KTXS did a story on him that is probably in their archives if you wanted to see it. I have a "Never Take a Knee" t-shirt and bracelet that I wore to support him during his fight. He also had a knot come up in his neck early this season, had it taken out during the week and played on Friday and thank God he received good news this time.

ccmom
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The "Never Take a Knee" shirts that you see were made and sold as a fundraiser for one of our senior football players who went through two bouts of cancer, once in jr. high and again in high school. Some believe that taking a knee is a sign of giving up and this young man was not going to take a knee to cancer. It's is a touching and real story of a young man who refuses to quit. KTXS did a story on him that is probably in their archives if you wanted to see it. I have a "Never Take a Knee" t-shirt and bracelet that I wore to support him during his fight. He also had a knot come up in his neck early this season, had it taken out during the week and played on Friday and thank God he received good news this time. Thank you and thank goodness he is ok. Obviously I had no idea about this young man and am glad he got good news!!!! :clap:

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The "Never Take a Knee" shirts that you see were made and sold as a fundraiser for one of our senior football players who went through two bouts of cancer, once in jr. high and again in high school. Some believe that taking a knee is a sign of giving up and this young man was not going to take a knee to cancer. It's is a touching and real story of a young man who refuses to quit. KTXS did a story on him that is probably in their archives if you wanted to see it. I have a "Never Take a Knee" t-shirt and bracelet that I wore to support him during his fight. He also had a knot come up in his neck early this season, had it taken out during the week and played on Friday and thank God he received good news this time.

Glad you explained the shirts. For those of us who did not know the story it makes more sense. Before the shirts look really crappy to an outsider.

Some of the other things still dont seem to be right but that is much much better

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Nothing like the smell of brakes being stomped and a transmission being thrown in reverse.

:rolleyes:

Rick has told me all about him. Great kid from what I'm told. Sounds like one heck of a
fighter.

Bullaholic
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Who in the world would be silly enough to believe that a school would have their players do this as some sort of macho act of defiance to anything on-the-field that is game or football related?

No one should ever comment on anything like this until they have heard the explanation from a reliable source.

ccmom
10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nothing like the smell of brakes being stomped and a transmission being thrown in reverse.

:doh:

Rick has told me all about him. Great kid from what I'm told. Sounds like when heck of a
fighter. I'm actually glad I asked the question because a lot of my friends were talking about it and obviously they thought the shirts were related to not taking a knee on the field. I will be glad to pass on the story.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Who in the world would be silly enough to believe that a school would have their players do this as some sort of macho act of defiance to anything on-the-field that is game or football related?

No one should ever comment on anything like this until they have heard the explanation from a reliable source.

Now way to get the story until the comment or question is made....

Bullaholic
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Now way to get the story until the comment or question is made....

Rocket posted before any explanation was made. That is unfortunate.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rocket posted before any explanation was made. That is unfortunate.
And also completely unsurprising. :rolleyes:

Tiganut
10-24-2010, 09:07 PM
This young man is a fighter. Even going through everything he did he always had a smile on his face. With no hair and losing all the weight he did. Everytime my wife and I would see him he would smile and give us a hug you could feel the LOVE in. Not being able to compete in sports for two years he was still there as much as he could rooting for his teammates.

In May he and my son will both walk across the stage and graduate among many other great young men and young ladies. This Snyder Senior class has been through so much. Between the battles with cancer, my son's grandparents both being killed in a car accident in 07 (in which we received soooo much support from the community) and many many other things. They have stayed together. This class "Will Never Take A Knee". They will never give up no matter what they face. I understand when a player is injured on the playing field, teams taking a knee, but just because you dont take a knee does not mean you are not wishing that person well.

DaHop72
10-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiganut
This young man is a fighter. Even going through everything he did he always had a smile on his face. With no hair and losing all the weight he did. Everytime my wife and I would see him he would smile and give us a hug you could feel the LOVE in. Not being able to compete in sports for two years he was still there as much as he could rooting for his teammates.

In May he and my son will both walk across the stage and graduate among many other great young men and young ladies. This Snyder Senior class has been through so much. Between the battles with cancer, my son's grandparents both being killed in a car accident in 07 (in which we received soooo much support from the community) and many many other things. They have stayed together. This class "Will Never Take A Knee". They will never give up no matter what they face. I understand when a player is injured on the playing field, teams taking a knee, but just because you dont take a knee does not mean you are not wishing that person well. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Now way to get the story until the comment or question is made.... Sorry, I don't buy that. Many of you are friendly with DaHop and could have just as easily asked him for an explantation. Putting it out in "public" just makes it seem like yall were hoping for another "Snyder is the bad guy, classless, etc..." thread. :rolleyes:

Pretty cool motto. Hope this young man keeps fighting the good fight.

BEAST
10-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry, I don't buy that. Many of you are friendly with DaHop and could have just as easily asked him for an explantation. Putting it out in "public" just makes it seem like yall were hoping for another "Snyder is the bad guy, classless, etc..." thread. :rolleyes:

Pretty cool motto. Hope this young man keeps fighting the good fight.

CCmom started the thread. She from Brownwood?

BEAST

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
CCmom started the thread. She from Brownwood?

BEAST

Not that I know of, but "yall" refers to the thread starter and those that were looking for something that wasn't there. Just cause I quoted Lion King does not mean I was referring only to Brownwood peeps. Sheesh!

ccmom
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Not that I know of, but "yall" refers to the thread starter and those that were looking for something that wasn't there. Just cause I quoted Lion King does not mean I was referring only to Brownwood peeps. Sheesh! Well for the record the thread starter did ask dahop about the policy of not taking a knee and I was never told about the young man with cancer. I also asked that this thread be removed after I was told about #10 and it was moved only to be brought back. As I said before I wish him the very best and have already prayed for him and will continue to do so.

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Well for the record the thread starter did ask dahop about the policy of not taking a knee and I was never told about the young man with cancer. I also asked that this thread be removed after I was told about #10 and it was moved only to be brought back. As I said before I wish him the very best and have already prayed for him and will continue to do so.

Glad you did. Looks like DaHop didn't respond in a timely manner? :tisk:

But I don't see why it would need to be removed? If your intent was to get the story, you now have it and so does everyone else. This way now anyone who sees the shirts will know that there is a positive message behind the shirt, rather than thinking the worst. :thumbsup: :clap:

Tin Cup
10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Where did this saying come from in regards to his battle with cancer? I am in no way trying to take away from, or disrespect this kid and his story I just don't understand the meaning. I apologize for this post because I'm sure it makes me sound bad but I'm just trying to learn more.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Nothing like watching superficial people trip all over themselves. :doh:

ccmom
10-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Glad you did. Looks like DaHop didn't respond in a timely manner? :tisk:

But I don't see why it would need to be removed? If your intent was to get the story, you now have it and so does everyone else. This way now anyone who sees the shirts will know that there is a positive message behind the shirt, rather than thinking the worst. :thumbsup: :clap: I agree the story should be told. I actually asked dahop about the policy last week in person and as I said he did not mention the player. When I asked for the thread to be removed it was because another Snyder poster sent me the story in a pm after I started the thread and he did not post anything about it on the board. At that point there was no reply on the thread that had anything to do with the real reason for the shirts. I thought maybe he didn't share it for a reason so I asked that it be removed. Lhpm had already removed it before I could ask but not because she knew about #10. Anyway...best wishes to him.