PDA

View Full Version : Navarro Co. Tornado

Bullaholic
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Several tornadoes in E. Texas today. One report of damage to Rice HS in Navarro Co.

trojan37
10-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Below is a link from WFAA of the tornado hitting one of the Rice schools. Ignore the guy in the background screaming "we are in the tornado!".

http://www.wfaa.com/video?id=105647538&sec=553117

bwdaggie
10-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Below is a link from WFAA of the tornado hitting one of the Rice schools. Ignore the guy in the background screaming "we are in the tornado!".

http://www.wfaa.com/video?id=105647538&sec=553117

wow! that's pretty intense...pray everyone is ok!

bwdlionfan
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
We were driving back from Arkansas and had some storms in Texarkana, then some hail near New Boston. We finally got to where we were 15 miles from Sulpher Springs and the radio said that there was a tornado and baseball size hail in Sulpher Springs heading east... so I took an exit on FM 269 and headed due south hoping to get around it all. Was planning on going on to Emory, and at 5:55 I was about 20-25 minutes away from Emory when they came on the radio and said another tornado was developing and would be near Emory at 6:15. So we wound up going down to Mineola and hitting I-20 near Canton to get in to DFW. Somehow we maneuvered around all these storms and detoured several times and didn't even have a drop of rain! It seemed like everytime we'd get in a new county we'd find out that county was in either a severe t-storm warning or tornado warning.

Apparently the tornado that was supposed to be near Emory did some damage at Loan Oak... doesn't sound like it was as bad as the one in Navarro County though.

bp80884
10-24-2010, 11:31 PM
My dad lives in Dawson and I had to go buy a chain saw this morning and deliver it to him because he could not get out of his land because they were blocking his driveway.

Last I talked to him he was expecting bad weather again tonight.