PDA

View Full Version : any sniderville people care to comment on Shipleys letter to the Snyder Paper

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 12:10 PM
You guys were quick to jump on us for running out on the field at halftime, now that Shipley wrote and appolgy/explanation directly too you, do ya'll care to comment?

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 12:11 PM
link

Louie13
10-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
You guys were quick to jump on us for running out on the field at halftime, now that Shipley wrote and appolgy/explanation directly too you, do ya'll care to comment?

Can you post what he wrote. I cant get into the Snyder paper without forking out a subscription.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
link

Have to be a subscriber (which I am but the stupid bwd paper website wont let me in anyways)to be able to see the artical. If someone does not post it from either the Bwd paper or the sniderville paper I will hand type it... oh the joy!

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Can you post what he wrote. I cant get into the Snyder paper without forking out a subscription.

It is also in the Brownwood paper today if you get it.

Louie13
10-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
link

Emerson,
What's on that plate in your Avatar. Sorry, but it looks like something somebody threw up.:p

Louie13
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM

Nah, no Bwd paper. In San Angelo. I'll call my son and get him to read it to me.

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 12:26 PM
I have it online but I did not see anything.

lbjacj
10-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Emerson,
What's on that plate in your Avatar. Sorry, but it looks like something somebody threw up.:p

I think it is chili-cheese nachos

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
here it is:

http://i53.tinypic.com/289a6qc.jpg

garciap77
10-24-2010, 12:34 PM

OK

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
here it is:

:clap: :clap:

Accidents happen

ccmom
10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
here it is:

http://i53.tinypic.com/289a6qc.jpg Not sure how anyone can find fault with that letter, but I'm sure someone will surprise me.

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Not sure how anyone can find fault with that letter, but I'm sure someone will surprise me.

If they do something is seriously wrong. $&*$ happens, thats life! I personally didn't think anything of it when it happened.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
I have it online but I did not see anything.

http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/

cant paste the story so I will type it out.. geeez, sorry ahead of time for any and all typos"

"On behalf of the Brownood football team and band , I would like to apollogize to the Snyder band directors, the Snyder Tiger MArching Band, their parents and the fans of the Snyder Tigers for the unfortunate incident that occurred at the end of halftime during the recent Snyder-Brownwood football game.

For those of you who were not there, let me explain. Our football team ran through their run-thorugh sigh which promped our band to play the fight song as well as our air horn to blow, all normal occurrences. Unfortunately, the Snyder band was still on the field performing their half time show. The referee had come to our dresing room and told me that we have to go and that there was no more time left on the clock. We recieved a penalty in an earlier game (China Spring) for delay of game for not being on the field at the appropriate time, so I told the kids that we have to go right now and sent them on their way. As the head coach, I should have been with them and made sure that the gancs were off the field before they rand on, but unfortunately, I did not do that. As a matter of fact in all my years of coaching I have never seen this happen before so it's something I was not thinking about.

By tthe time I realized what had happened, it was too late. The referee came to me later and apologized, saying he didn't realize that there had only been 20 minutes put on the clock for halftime (28 minutes is the allotted time per the UIL). I appreciateed that, but it is still my resopnzibility to make sure something l like this doesn't happen.

Please accept my sinceer apologizes and ve assured that this falls squarely on my shoulder, and I have learned a very valuable lesson.

Sincerely,

Bob Shipley
Athletic Director/Head Football Coach

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Dang, knew that would happen, spent all that time typing it and it was already posted....

Snyder_TigerFan
10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Nice. Never had anything bad to say about Shipley. This only confirms his morals and class. I did have things to say about the incident, but mistakes happened and he apologized.:clap: His post game interviews were classy and respectful towards Snyder, so I didn't think that he would have done this on purpose.

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 12:50 PM
Dang, knew that would happen, spent all that time typing it and it was already posted....

lol sorry

Rocket
10-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Who runs the clock at the Snyder games? Get it fixed. That's where the whole thing was thrown off.

Old Green
10-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Class act by Coach Shipley. Those things happen sometimes.

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Who runs the clock at the Snyder games? Get it fixed. That's where the whole thing was thrown off.

Shipley need to rub off on someone :devil:

K-MAC Chuck
10-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I think it's a Class Act by Coach Shipley to both apologize and put the blame on his shoulders.

That's what the good coaches do.

Rocket
10-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Shipley need to rub off on someone :devil:

I'm sure he will take time to meet with you and talk to you about good sportsmanship.

OPERATOR
10-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm sure he will take time to meet with you and talk to you about good sportsmanship.

haha I have great sportsmanship, I don't need any lessons.

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Class act by Coach Shipley. Those things happen sometimes. +1. He took the time to do it also. Good job!:clap: :clap: :clap:

tog
10-24-2010, 02:58 PM
classy deal coach
good job handling an issue

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Emerson,
Super Bowl Nachos

LionKing
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
If they do something is seriously wrong. $&*$ happens, thats life! I personally didn't think anything of it when it happened. A lady from Snyder sent a letter or e-mail to the Brownwood Bulletin, they printed it in the friday 0ct. 22 edition, she was ranting and complaining about the incident, evidently she has kids in the band or is a band booster, not sure, but this probably stems from that.

wimbo_pro
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
The Snyder band/fans had every right to be a little pissy about the incident. Shipley cleared it up, apologized, and explained it thoroughly. Anyone who can't accept that is just too far gone as a homer to worry about.

Notice Shipley didnt blame the Snyder people for the clock....good move.

Matthew328
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
classy move by Coach Shipley

garciap77
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
classy move by Coach Shipley

:ditto:

Cam
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Coach Shipley is a good man. Before he left Burnet when my boy was an incoming freshman, he "hand wrote" a letter to my son and all the Burnet players wishing them well. He mentioned to my boy how he was sorry that he would not get to coach him and that he knew my son would turn out to be an awesome player. This is something Coach Shipley didn't have to do but did. We appreciated him for that.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
I gotta admit, I am a little disappointed in you tiger fans. I am not trying to be your judge and jury but you guys were sure quick to jump on Shipley and the lions for the half time events last week. Now that Shipley apologized and took the blame, it’s kind of funny that only two or three of you have even acknowledged the story.

DaHop72
10-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I gotta admit, I am a little disappointed in you tiger fans. I am not trying to be your judge and jury but you guys were sure quick to jump on Shipley and the lions for the half time events last week. Now that Shipley apologized and took the blame, it’s kind of funny that only two or three of you have even acknowledged the story. It's wonderful that he apologized and wrote the letter but it wasn't exactly "his" idea and I will leave it at that.

skins4life
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/

cant paste the story so I will type it out.. geeez, sorry ahead of time for any and all typos"

"On behalf of the Brownood football team and band , I would like to apollogize to the Snyder band directors, the Snyder Tiger MArching Band, their parents and the fans of the Snyder Tigers for the unfortunate incident that occurred at the end of halftime during the recent Snyder-Brownwood football game.

For those of you who were not there, let me explain. Our football team ran through their run-thorugh sigh which promped our band to play the fight song as well as our air horn to blow, all normal occurrences. Unfortunately, the Snyder band was still on the field performing their half time show. The referee had come to our dresing room and told me that we have to go and that there was no more time left on the clock. We recieved a penalty in an earlier game (China Spring) for delay of game for not being on the field at the appropriate time, so I told the kids that we have to go right now and sent them on their way. As the head coach, I should have been with them and made sure that the gancs were off the field before they rand on, but unfortunately, I did not do that. As a matter of fact in all my years of coaching I have never seen this happen before so it's something I was not thinking about.

By tthe time I realized what had happened, it was too late. The referee came to me later and apologized, saying he didn't realize that there had only been 20 minutes put on the clock for halftime (28 minutes is the allotted time per the UIL). I appreciateed that, but it is still my resopnzibility to make sure something l like this doesn't happen.

Please accept my sinceer apologizes and ve assured that this falls squarely on my shoulder, and I have learned a very valuable lesson.

Sincerely,

Bob Shipley
Athletic Director/Head Football Coach

Add HeavyD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

quote:Originally posted by gonktacular

There wasn't any disrespect aimed at Snyder. We (Brownwood) did that to Fort Worth All Saints two weeks prior, and did it to our own school district's halftime presentation a few weeks before that in our own stadium.

It's not the first time it's happened.

Just saying, is it a real?

95mustang
10-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by skins4life

There wasn't any disrespect aimed at Snyder. We (Brownwood) did that to Fort Worth All Saints two weeks prior, and did it to our own school district's halftime presentation a few weeks before that in our own stadium.

:confused: Did I miss something?

skins4life
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
here it is:

Originally posted by skins4life

Did I miss something?

I was just reading the letter again and remembered a statement the other day, that's all. The 4th paragraph was interesting.

95mustang
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
NOw I get it, you know I was at the All Saints game and they didn't have a band. They had a very small drum line, and they ran out of stuff to do. They had cheer leaders out there doing cheers during half time.

Rocket
10-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Nm

bwdlionfan
10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
When the team ran out on to the field at our own homecoming it was seconds after the homecoming queen was announced. The girls had just started walking off of the field when the players ran thru the sign... so that was not during a halftime performance.

HeavyD
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
wish all bands were like the All-Saints band

Rocket
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
(Sarcasm) If all coaches could just be as classy as Coach Rogers... What a wonderful world it would be. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
(Sarcasm) If all coaches could just be as classy as Coach Rogers... What a wonderful world it would be. :rolleyes: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Ranger Mom
10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
(Sarcasm) If all coaches could just be as classy as Coach Rogers... What a wonderful world it would be. :rolleyes:

:tisk: :dispntd:

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Ok I've got a proposal. All Home team bands play 1 less song at halftime.

The band typically plays the same or similar songs every half time show with some exception. The fans get 10 to 16 opportunities to watch their own band.
This allows the Visiting team tp perform for the home crowd.

I know band is really important to a lot of people but it is a football game. If this starts to become an issue at UIL marching contests, then we have a serious issue.

jason
10-26-2010, 08:24 AM
sounds like snyder needs a new clock operator...

he should send an apology to coach shipley for being a dumbass and all the snyder fans should send apologies to somebody in brownwood for yelling at them for something their clock operator did....

and im sure some band kid got his feelings hurt so somebody should apologize to him/her too...and their parents for stunting their little snowflakes growth by ruining the most important half time show of all time....

STANG RED
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
They have marching bands playing at halftime?:confused:

I thought halftimes were just for bathroom breaks, getting a snack, and 3A Downlow meet n greets. I might have to check out this marching band thing sometime.

Nah, prob not. :D

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Didn't something like this happen with the Burnet band a few years ago??

I remember a thread that seemed to go on FOREVER!!!

jason
10-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Didn't something like this happen with the Burnet band a few years ago??

I remember a thread that seemed to go on FOREVER!!!

yeah
it was cold so whoever was playing vs burnet @ burnet came out before half time was over and was warming up and throwing balls and the burnet band had some thing going where the jr high band was playing with the varsity band and a whole bunch of burnet folks thought the world was going to implode....

FbCoachB40
10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by jason
sounds like snyder needs a new clock operator...

he should send an apology to coach shipley for being a dumbass and all the snyder fans should send apologies to somebody in brownwood for yelling at them for something their clock operator did....

and im sure some band kid got his feelings hurt so somebody should apologize to him/her too...and their parents for stunting their little snowflakes growth by ruining the most important half time show of all time....

Now, that's just funny right there!!

llmom
10-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
They have marching bands playing at halftime?:confused:

I thought halftimes were just for bathroom breaks, getting a snack, and 3A Downlow meet n greets. I might have to check out this marching band thing sometime.

Nah, prob not. :D

That made me laugh!! :cheerl:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 09:25 AM
yeah
it was cold so whoever was playing vs burnet @ burnet came out before half time was over and was warming up and throwing balls and the burnet band had some thing going where the jr high band was playing with the varsity band and a whole bunch of burnet folks thought the world was going to implode....

Wasn't it Liberty Hill???

Who-dun-it!!?
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Man I'm so uninformed. I was able to come in from El Paso to watch the Snyder / Brownwood game. I stayed until the end. I even sat on the visitors side and cheered for the home team. But the only thing I remember about the game is thinking that Brownwood is the most complete high school football team I've seen in a long time. Of course Jackson Shipley is as good as they say he is, but he is definately not doing it by himself. That team is full of talent, and Coach Shipley has put it all together perfectly. Its going to take a Monster Powerhouse to take out Brownwood. Of corse thats only my opinion and thats why they play the game. They should easily enter the playoffs undefeated. Good luck the rest of the way Lions, and I hope that my Tigers get to play you again. Although the end result may be the same, I will hope for a more competitive performance by my boys in the Black and Gold! Great job Coach Shipley!

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Man I'm so uninformed. I was able to come in from El Paso to watch the Snyder / Brownwood game. I stayed until the end. I even sat on the visitors side and cheered for the home team. But the only thing I remember about the game is thinking that Brownwood is the most complete high school football team I've seen in a long time. Of course Jackson Shipley is as good as they say he is, but he is definately not doing it by himself. That team is full of talent, and Coach Shipley has put it all together perfectly. Its going to take a Monster Powerhouse to take out Brownwood. Of corse thats only my opinion and thats why they play the game. They should easily enter the playoffs undefeated. Good luck the rest of the way Lions, and I hope that my Tigers get to play you again. Although the end result may be the same, I will hope for a more competitive performance by my boys in the Black and Gold! Great job Coach Shipley!

Nice Post!!

Why weren't you at the Meet and Greet??

Rocket
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?

Awesome. It is good to hear things like this from outsiders. People just think us Brownwood fans are full of hot air. (we usually are, well, I am) haha

gonktacular
10-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
:confused: Did I miss something?

The All Saints game was honestly their fault. Time had run out on the clock. They were still doing their drumline/cheerleader thing. Brownwood came back on the field. *shrug*

At the home game before China Spring (S'ville I think) Brownwood's ISD had a thing going where they were having kids from each school come across the field with banners and talking about the school. The team ran onto the field while they were still doing it. Pretty sure Coach Shipley took some heat for that one, which is why at the China Spring game the team didn't run onto the field in time and got flagged.

I wasn't suggesting the team or Coach Shipley was being disrespectful even to their own ISD - I'm just saying that he's pretty disciplined about getting the kids on the field on time regardless what else is going on.

Snyder was the first time someone was still in the middle of the performance though. Looked bad on our part, and Coach Shipley did a really classy thing in addressing it.

LionFan72
10-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Address the hometown Clock Operator with your Snider halftime problems. and Snider SUCKS! Not sure you will make it far enough in the playoffs to play us again, but we will be sure to apologize for not scoring a 100 on you. Get over it!

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Address the hometown Clock Operator with your Snider halftime problems. and Snider SUCKS! Not sure you will make it far enough in the playoffs to play us again, but we will be sure to apologize for not scoring a 100 on you. Get over it!

Wow!! Thank goodness Shipley has more class!!

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Address the hometown Clock Operator with your Snider halftime problems. and Snider SUCKS! Not sure you will make it far enough in the playoffs to play us again, but we will be sure to apologize for not scoring a 100 on you. Get over it! :thinking: :thinking: Must have card #3 or #4 in Rocket's fan club.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: Must have card #3 or #4 in Rocket's fan club.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nice Dahop :thinking:

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
nice Dahop :thinking: :devil: :devil: :D

bwdaggie
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
haha...this is like the thread that never dies!!

warpig
10-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Aren't they called "Football" games and not "Band" competition. Coach Shipley apologized for the blunder by the refs and clock keeper, but bandies need to get over themselves and quit thinking that the majority of the fans are there to watch THEM.
And while we're on the subject of "Bands", it burns my backside when they are the first ones in line for an out of town game and run to the 50 yd line to get the best seats in the house and try and save about 10 to 20 seats for their fellow bandies. Say what you want, but I think the band parents need to sit next to the band in the bleachers so they can really be supportive of their chitlins.:rolleyes:

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 11:31 AM
I have been saying this for the last year or two bands only perform halftime shows at home games. The visiting band doesn't perform and cut halftime from 28 (which always ends up being around 30 minutes) minutes to 20 minutes. High school halftimes are way too long. Bands have marching contest the football game isn't about bands it is about football.

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I have been saying this for the last year or two bands only perform halftime shows at home games. The visiting band doesn't perform and cut halftime from 28 (which always ends up being around 30 minutes) minutes to 20 minutes. High school halftimes are way too long. Bands have marching contest the football game isn't about bands it is about football.

I agree to an extent.....I think if a 3adl M&G is planned, then it needs to be the full 28 minutes!!!:D :D

warpig
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Maybe the schools 7 on 7 squads could get some work in between intermissions of the band comps. I wonder how the band directors and fans would like that.

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I have been saying this for the last year or two bands only perform halftime shows at home games. The visiting band doesn't perform and cut halftime from 28 (which always ends up being around 30 minutes) minutes to 20 minutes. High school halftimes are way too long. Bands have marching contest the football game isn't about bands it is about football. Why not just eliminate half time period, I'm sure most coaches, players don't enjoy the break to make adjustments, catch a breather or give mo a chance to subside.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Why not just eliminate half time period, I'm sure most coaches, players don't enjoy the break to make adjustments, catch a breather or give mo a chance to subside. You don't need 30 minutes. 20 minutes is plenty of time for that.

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 11:46 AM
You don't need 30 minutes. 20 minutes is plenty of time for that. I understand that, was just using your quote for the ones that think there shouldn't be a halftime. I knew you wouldn't get all booty hurt if I quoted you.:D :D

WildTexan972
10-26-2010, 12:09 PM
having those football refs run by UIL will fix that since UIL will force them to check the clock before they leave the field.....TASO just lets em go smoke and snack and has no review of their performance...

WildTexan972
10-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by warpig
Aren't they called "Football" games and not "Band" competition. Coach Shipley apologized for the blunder by the refs and clock keeper, but bandies need to get over themselves and quit thinking that the majority of the fans are there to watch THEM.
And while we're on the subject of "Bands", it burns my backside when they are the first ones in line for an out of town game and run to the 50 yd line to get the best seats in the house and try and save about 10 to 20 seats for their fellow bandies. Say what you want, but I think the band parents need to sit next to the band in the bleachers so they can really be supportive of their chitlins.:rolleyes:

good grief charlie brown....some of you folks just don't get it....you think FOOTBALL is the God and all others should kneel....the fact is the football game is a school function and the cheerleaders and band and drill teams and flag girls and horn blowers and concession workers are all a part of that....how you nits can't figure that out is beyond me, but it sure does seem to happen....

I am by far a football fan more than any other part of the game, but these other kids work as hard as the football team does so they deserve their time as well.....besides, halftime is for goin peepee and the lines can be long so why not let em play while you meet the man about the horse?

the bad halftime scene is the 45 minute homecoming queen crud - that is WAY overdone with the 5 minutes speeches about who all they kiss butt on and what all pretend groups they have joined to write on a college application and then that drive around the field at 2.2 mph.....limit that crud to the same 28 minutes and the issue is solved....

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
good grief charlie brown.... Welcome to the downlow Mrs. Taylor... Bryan and Mike will be glad to see you here.

warpig
10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
good grief charlie brown....some of you folks just don't get it....you think FOOTBALL is the God and all others should kneel....the fact is the football game is a school function and the cheerleaders and band and drill teams and flag girls and horn blowers and concession workers are all a part of that....how you nits can't figure that out is beyond me, but it sure does seem to happen....

I am by far a football fan more than any other part of the game, but these other kids work as hard as the football team does so they deserve their time as well.....besides, halftime is for goin peepee and the lines can be long so why not let em play while you meet the man about the horse?

the bad halftime scene is the 45 minute homecoming queen crud - that is WAY overdone with the 5 minutes speeches about who all they kiss butt on and what all pretend groups they have joined to write on a college application and then that drive around the field at 2.2 mph.....limit that crud to the same 28 minutes and the issue is solved....

Nobody is said anything about the other kiddos and parents not working hard or not contributing. I think coach Hayden Fox said it best on his "Coach" sitcom when the Band Director came running into his office and told Coach he needed to be off the field when the halftime horn blows.

Coach Fox said "Whoa!!!! You are NOT the steak on this plate. YOU are just the Parsley!!!"

Rocket
10-26-2010, 12:36 PM

Meanwhile the crowds are packed at the concession stands, meet and greets, and people talking...nobody cares but the band parents. It is sad, but very true.

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
It's elevator music. I'd be just as happy with music playing over the speakers. But I'm not a band kind of guy so my opinion is rude and disrespectful to those who are. Sorry bout that

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 12:45 PM
the fact is the football game is a school function and the cheerleaders and band and drill teams and flag girls and horn blowers

Hey, Big Spring had a Flag Boy. You should watch what you say before you offend somebody. Everyone wears their feelings on their shoulders around here. :taunt: :stirpot: :taunt: :stirpot:

warpig
10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
It's elevator music. I'd be just as happy with music playing over the speakers. But I'm not a band kind of guy so my opinion is rude and disrespectful to those who are. Sorry bout that
I think the band is waste of school resources. $1000 a band uni and no revenue producing events.

Cheerleaders and pep squads have to buy their own gear and don't whine about time on the field.

duckhunter
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
It's elevator music. I'd be just as happy with music playing over the speakers. But I'm not a band kind of guy so my opinion is rude and disrespectful to those who are. Sorry bout that Ditto

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Schools still do that?? The drive around the field, I mean?? No vehicles are allowed on our track, so I have never seen it done here!!

jason
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by warpig
I think the band is waste of school resources. $1000 a band uni and no revenue producing events.

Cheerleaders and pep squads have to buy their own gear and don't whine about time on the field.
but most bands are award winning and most football teams arent.....

BwdLions
10-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Hey, Big Spring had a Flag Boy. You should watch what you say before you offend somebody. Everyone wears their feelings on their shoulders around here. :taunt: :stirpot: :taunt: :stirpot:

Good one Royce. :p

warpig
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Wrong!
I've seen some bands that were'nt any better than a one man band. Heck, I've even seen a few that couldn't beat that wind up monkey banging on the cymbals.

bowleghorses
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM

But would you pay $6.00 to $10.00 to go watch them?:D

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
But would you pay $6.00 to $10.00 to go watch them?:D

My wife would.....egggghhhhh...and she would want me to go with her....double eggghhhhhhh........

95mustang
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
This is ridiculous!

nobogey72
10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
I think band would be way more enjoyable for me to watch if both bands were on the field at the same time, and, while one band is playing, the other band is trying to heckle them and trying to take their instruments away. Then, when the other band plays, the first band gets to jack with them. Now that would be fun. For instance, when band A is playing, and someone from band B throws things like heads of lettuce into the tubas. Or, walking along behind the drummers and keep hitting them in the elbows to mess them up. Now, if a band could still sound good with all that, then that would be impressive.
:D :D

Actually I love band and it's a great part of every school. What we forget is that it is just as important to them and their parents as football is to the players and their parents.

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
This is ridiculous! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Lol ok that's great that parents love their kids whether they are the star player or in the band. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is still a football game. I think we all agree that it's fine and dandy for bands at halftime, but that they should have no impact on the game itself ie football team getting a penalty for coming out late.

coach
10-26-2010, 03:20 PM
question- Have you ever seen a school without football have a band program?

BwdLion73
10-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Ft. Worth all Saints

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Question? When Bwood was flagged, had China Springs already come out of the locker room and taken the field?

coach
10-26-2010, 03:27 PM
ok so you got one that we know of outta of several. That being said, without football there is no band. Cut the minuteson halftime and play less songs. Half the bands are awful anyway.

eagles_victory
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Lufkin Hudson

95mustang
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by coach
That being said, without football there is no band.

This is just absurd.

Keith7
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Classless move by Brownwood..

That's like peeing on someones keyboard and then saying "oops I thought that was a toilet"

give me a break

BwdLion73
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
"the marching band refused to yield" Don McLean.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

That's like peeing on someones keyboard and then saying "oops I thought that was a toilet"

give me a break

Did you even read the letter Shipley wrote to Snyder. The whole point is it was a mistake and he owned up to it. My guess is you jumped to the back of the thread and thought it would be a good chance to take a shot at a school that was un-warranted. In actual reality it made you look class-less.

Nice analogy anyway, i thought it was funny.

ccmom
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Ft. Worth all Saints

I think you misunderstood the question...or maybe I did. :doh:

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I think you misunderstood the question...or maybe I did. :doh:

I think your right.

I think he wanted to know if anyone knows of a school with a band but NO football team.

Juilliard maybe:D :confused:

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 03:54 PM

A&M :D

BwdLions
10-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

give me a break

Mr. Classless himself is back. How many times have you been peed on lately? Probably not enough. :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

Actually I love band and it's a great part of every school. What we forget is that it is just as important to them and their parents as football is to the players and their parents.

Wow....I feel really bad admitting this. But when my kids no longer even played football, and I had a kid in band. Football was still more important to me. I didn't even watch at halftime......I'm a bad mom!!!!:(

I can sleep at night only because I know the only reason he stayed in band is because he wanted to go to the Cottonbowl and as soon as that was done, so was he.

I knew he didn't care, so I didn't either!!!:D :D

Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think your right.

I think he wanted to know if anyone knows of a school with a band but NO football team.

Juilliard maybe:D :confused:

My nephew played in the band for a school in Florida that didn't have a football team!!

Rocket
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
When a team is as good as Brownwood, the only thing left to go after is class. You people are hilarious. Snyder isn't good and they have no class. Go after them...:p

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My nephew played in the band for a school in Florida that didn't have a football team!!

Not a rock band, they play in those for the groupies. I thought you knew :D

DaHop72
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
When a team is as good as Brownwood, the only thing left to go after is class. You people are hilarious. Snyder isn't good and they have no class. Go after them...:p
What a :nerd: and all we keep hearing is http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/toilet_tongue.gif.

garciap77
10-26-2010, 07:34 PM

........Said the MIDGET from HOBBS!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/midget_basketballRocket-1.jpg

;)

Snyder_TigerFan
10-30-2010, 11:39 PM
.....and the saga continues....laughable....

Is she any relation to Rocket???

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7416/67191838.jpg

ccmom
10-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
.....and the saga continues....laughable....

Is she any relation to Rocket???

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7416/67191838.jpg This is STIll not over?
:doh:

Let it go people...

SERENITY NOW!!

:mad: :mad: :p

Tin Cup
10-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Lol wow this is ridiculous. mOVe oN pLeASe!!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
10-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Lol wow this is ridiculous. mOVe oN pLeASe!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Please move on!

Trashman
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM

Yes, until the 80's, Hardin-Simmons had a band and no football team.:rolleyes:

LionFan72
10-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Would someone please CLOSE this thread, as in DEADEND!

neck_06
10-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Who cares about the band?? Just a bunch of nerds who can't play football anyways!! ;) :nerd: