PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Lost!

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Round 1! Ref stoppage Straight up beat down by Cain (Brown Pride)Velasquez

BaseballUmp
10-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Wasn't even close! Brock got his arse handed to him!!!

Z-RO
10-24-2010, 12:09 AM
I wonder if Brock just won a bunch of money...yeah I said it.

Gobbler Fan
10-24-2010, 12:14 AM
Brock got whipped ...Cain is a baaaad man !

Yoe_09
10-24-2010, 12:19 AM
yeah...ooo...yeah

eagles_victory
10-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Your not going to stay atop the heavyweight division in the UFC long. In MMA usually no matter how bad you are there always someone out there who can whip your arse.

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 09:16 PM
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2061/256g0o4.gif

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
MMA.....a more brutal version of the WWE. Big deal...it's all staged in order to grab headlines and make money. yeah I said it. :D

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
MMA.....a more brutal version of the WWE. Big deal...it's all staged in order to grab headlines and make money. yeah I said it. :D
MMA.....a more brutal version of boxing. You actually have to be tough and have something resembling skill.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Brock lost because he abandoned what should have been his game plan. The first 90 seconds he bull rushed Cain and while he wasn't able to keep him pinned down the entire time, he was in control of the fight and feeding Cain knees. When Cain broke free after a 2nd takedown, Brock decided to try and box with him which was absolutely stupid. He could have controlled the fight had he not done that, assuming he wouldn't have run out of gas. Furthermore, what dropped Brock was a punch to the BACK OF THE HEAD which btw is illegal. A new angle has surfaced that couldn't be clearly seen originally. Granted Cain was in control at this point, this shot dropped him for the final time. Curious to see how Cain will do in his next fight against JDS because he has better stand up than either of them IMO.

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Brock lost because he abandoned what should have been his game plan. The first 90 seconds he bull rushed Cain and while he wasn't able to keep him pinned down the entire time, he was in control of the fight and feeding Cain knees. When Cain broke free after a 2nd takedown, Brock decided to try and box with him which was absolutely stupid. He could have controlled the fight had he not done that, assuming he wouldn't have run out of gas. Furthermore, what dropped Brock was a punch to the BACK OF THE HEAD which btw is illegal. A new angle has surfaced that couldn't be clearly seen originally. Granted Cain was in control at this point, this shot dropped him for the final time. Curious to see how Cain will do in his next fight against JDS because he has better stand up than either of them IMO.
I saw at least one punch to the back of the head I screamed out at. Either way this was just like the Carwin fight. He needs to get some boxing coaches in his camp. I suspect it will be a while before we see him again since he took such a beating. Def won't be until 2011 and that's if he doesn't go back to the WWE.

DU_stud04
10-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
MMA.....a more brutal version of boxing. You actually have to be tough and have something resembling skill. more like a dumb down version of street fighting. i still dont see the skill in the sport. that fight last night was garbage and cant see how anyone can appreciate or find enjoyment in such a bad case of fighting. i thought it was garbage. one guy getting on top the other and throwing punches an infant would be shameful of. i find it hilarious they try to name a punch where the guy just swings his fist back, or when he just starts bopping the other guy on the head. be a man and fight standing up or go technical , not on the ground punching the other guy in the back of the head. i usually am against mma, but have seen some good fights and can tolerate a little now....this was not one of them.

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
more like a dumb down version of street fighting. i still dont see the skill in the sport. that fight last night was garbage and cant see how anyone can appreciate or find enjoyment in such a bad case of fighting. i thought it was garbage. one guy getting on top the other and throwing punches an infant would be shameful of. i find it hilarious they try to name a punch where the guy just swings his fist back, or when he just starts bopping the other guy on the head. be a man and fight standing up or go technical , not on the ground punching the other guy in the back of the head. i usually am against mma, but have seen some good fights and can tolerate a little now....this was not one of them. Okay...so I'm not the only one then? I don't see the "skill" of it at all. They ALWAYS end up on the ground, rolling around hitting each other w/ whatever body part they happen to be able to get free. I think it's the stupidest "sport" around. And the fact that people actually spend MONEY to see it...baffles me. "Hey bros, UFC 217,824 is on PPV this weekend..." I just don't get it, I don't want to get it, and I look upon all of the Affliction shirt wearing mouth breathers who ARE into it w/ genuine curiosity and wonder.

:thmbdwn:

Okay I'm done.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-25-2010, 12:29 AM
you guys are hilarious. Go ahead and throw your average 300+ pound street fighter in there w/ a welterweight in MMA and let's see how that turns out. THAT is where you will see how skill comes into play. Sad you guys see it that way.

IHStangFan
10-25-2010, 12:31 AM
you guys are hilarious. Go ahead and throw your average 300+ pound street fighter in there w/ a welterweight in MMA and let's see how that turns out. THAT is where you will see how skill comes into play. Sad you guys see it that way. SO....have a take down strategy, then....be more proficient at flailing elbow shots once on the ground? BOOOOOO!!! I'll pass.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
SO....have a take down strategy, then....be more proficient at flailing elbow shots once on the ground? BOOOOOO!!! I'll pass.

Watch a clip of some good knock outs. Not all fights go to the ground.

IHStangFan
10-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Watch a clip of some good knock outs. Not all fights go to the ground. 98% of them do. They're all the same. Some kicks...a couple of hay makers thrown (every once in awhile one connects and we get one of those knockouts you mentioned) and then they go to the ground. I'm sorry bro, I'm just not into it. I'll never change my mind. I've TRIED to get interested, and it just doesn't do it for me.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
yes then by that explanation, football is nothing more than a bunch of meathead guys running into each other and slapping each other on the butt right? No skill required right?

Not trying to change your mind, but give these guys more respect than calling them street fighters. Very few pro athletes have been able to be successful when trying it. Just ask James Toney.

IHStangFan
10-25-2010, 12:40 AM
yes then by that explanation, football is nothing more than a bunch of meathead guys running into each other and slapping each other on the butt right? No skill required right?

Not trying to change your mind, but give these guys more respect than calling them street fighters. Very few pro athletes have been able to be successful when trying it. Just ask James Toney. I did not call them street fighters...but "skill"....I'm sure there is some involved, but it's not this "technical" oh so skillful fighting that MMA fan likes to act like it is. Sure..these guys are trained in certain disciplines, but the fact of the matter...from MY perspective as a spectator is that once they go to the ground, MUCH of that "skill" is irrelevant....blah blah blah. Just not interested and don't buy that it requires much more skill than being able to take shots better than the other guy.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-25-2010, 12:43 AM
fair enough. Just try not to say that to anyone who practices BJJ.

DDBooger
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
fair enough. Just try not to say that to anyone who practices BJJ. Which the various places I've been too, a majority of those training in it are military men. I guess it's pretty relevant. lol MMA is about the most realistic martial art there is, and it looks like unskilled fighting because it does not happen according to limitations imposed by an artform. Boxing for instance is relegated to only the hands, kickboxing adds the feet. Muay Thai the knees. MMA incorporates everything, from wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, aikido, BJJ, JJ, TaeKwonDo, and on and on. It's the most realistic form of fighting on the planet. Any other fighter from any specific discipline wouldn't last 2 minutes in that ring. What looks like two men rolling around is actually grappling, if you've ever done it, you find out real quick it isn't just "rolling around" You more often than not will find yourself unconscious in a matter of seconds. Most people just don't understand it, that's all.

IHStangFan
10-25-2010, 01:10 AM
I AM ex military, and was attached to 3rd Marines in Iraq and Afg. last year. I trained w/ them in their hand to hand, and honestly, it's not what it was 10-15yrs ago. TRUST me.

That's all I'll say about that. Have a good one fellas I'm gonna bow out of this conversation now.

defense51
10-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Looks like IHStangFan has never been in a real fight! Not trying to put you down, but in a real fight skill plays a HUGE part in winning or losing! But you have to know what skill to look for to appreciate it!!!

Old LB
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
IHStangFan, thanks for the service!:clap:

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
To someone who hasn't watched or tried to learn pieces of the sport, yes, it looks like a couple of guys rolling around not doing anything. In actual reality its as technical as it gets. I would go out on a limb and say "that rolling around" is more technical than standing toe-to-toe.

The reason why it looks so boring is because these guys are trained so well at grapling that much of it is defensive until 1 person slips up and make 1 single mistake. Typically thats all it takes.

I wouldn't say I love the sport but I definitly like it and totally repect the way these guys can turn nothing into something. I wouldn't step into a ring with any of these guys. MMA is the real deal.

sinton3055
10-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry but that limb u were on is about to break, professional boxers train for many years. Most successful boxers have had 15+ yrs before they go out and compete in the pro's. None go out and just try boxing at the age of 20 and even come close to being able to compete. Boxing is not just going toe to toe my friend. I have boxed a little and been to professional boxing matches, trust me these guys have skills. I even got to see when manny fought barrera in san antonio, that was awesome.

RoyceTTU
10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I won't argue that boxing isn't skillful. It is definitly. My comparison was more for comparing a MMA ground game to a MMA Strinking attack.

Boxers and MMA fighters are like comparing apples to oranges. They are good in their own regard. As you've seen from a couple of fighters that have come over to MMA, the two do not mesh well.

A great MMA fighter would be a horrible boxer and vise-versa

sinton3055
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
If you want to get technical mma is not like a street fight, its starts from a close distance with someone throwing the first punch. Been there done that lol:D . The fastest one lands lol.

BleedOrange
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by defense51
Looks like IHStangFan has never been in a real fight! Not trying to put you down, but in a real fight skill plays a HUGE part in winning or losing! But you have to know what skill to look for to appreciate it!!!

Iraq & Afghanistan...I think the man likely has been in a real fight. :rolleyes:

sinton3055
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I agree 100% with that Royce, its totally different.

Emerson1
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
more like a dumb down version of street fighting. i still dont see the skill in the sport. that fight last night was garbage and cant see how anyone can appreciate or find enjoyment in such a bad case of fighting. i thought it was garbage. one guy getting on top the other and throwing punches an infant would be shameful of. i find it hilarious they try to name a punch where the guy just swings his fist back, or when he just starts bopping the other guy on the head. be a man and fight standing up or go technical , not on the ground punching the other guy in the back of the head. i usually am against mma, but have seen some good fights and can tolerate a little now....this was not one of them.
Yet you somehow see skill in boxing?

ol country boy
10-26-2010, 09:10 PM
I personally like the MMA thing. Went out to Vegas with a couple of buddies and we watched a fight out there. Went to Xtreme Couture and got to do a couple of classes with them. They have a lot of skill and work their butt off.

big daddy russ
10-27-2010, 01:28 AM
This is funny.

I'm into UFC and think of two people (Roger Huerta and Rashad Babino) when I hear that skill doesn't come into it. But you can have IHS all to yourself if you feel like proving to the world that he's just a phony who's never been in a fight.

FmrPirate14
10-27-2010, 06:39 AM
haha read on ESPN that Brock threw the fight so he can go back to wrestling, thats why the Undertaker was at the event allegedly there was a "brief altercation" between brock and the undertaker while brock was walking back to the dressing room and there was a conviently placed camera to record the whole thing.

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
haha read on ESPN that Brock threw the fight so he can go back to wrestling, thats why the Undertaker was at the event allegedly there was a "brief altercation" between brock and the undertaker while brock was walking back to the dressing room and there was a conviently placed camera to record the whole thing. Word is that it was for sure a work between the two and Dana White knew nothing about it. All the rumors on the wrestling side of it is that Brock vs Taker at Wrestlemania 27. Id love to see Brock go back to wrestling full time as he is a better wrestler than MMA fighter, but if it happened at all I could see him just coming back for Mania and it being like Floyd Mayweather Jr a few years back and getting a huge pay day for a month of promotion and the PPV. But according to White Brock is still under contract and can't fight or box for any other company.

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Yet you somehow see skill in boxing? Boxing is the ultimate skill sport they call it the sweet science for a reason. You can be the biggest strongest most athletic person if you don't have the skill set you won't be successful as a boxer.

Emerson1
10-27-2010, 09:35 AM
He can't as long as he is under contract with UFC.

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 09:38 AM
He can't as long as he is under contract with UFC. I just said that. Wouldnt you love to see him vs Taker at Mania though? If Brock comes back wrestling will once again become an every week watch for me.

FmrPirate14
10-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Word was if Brock WAS champion he could not wrestle for another company...Brock is no longer champion and can go and wrestle

WildTexan972
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
I saw at least one punch to the back of the head I screamed out at. Either way this was just like the Carwin fight. He needs to get some boxing coaches in his camp. I suspect it will be a while before we see him again since he took such a beating. Def won't be until 2011 and that's if he doesn't go back to the WWE.

the bigger stars of MMA won't go do the wwe theatrics anymore until they are totally washed out of mma, and brock is not there....in the UFC these stars workout 2-3 months and fight 3-4 times a year for millions....in the wwe you have to "perform" your act 3-4 times a week and lay down if the boss tells ya to...

Brock is a huge PPV draw and Dana knows that so he will be back for a title match.....there is good competition in the GSP class but the badboys are the heavyweights - they ain't guys you'd wanna mouthoff to if you wanna survive...

glorified streetfights??? YES! and that is why folks pay to see it....

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the bigger stars of MMA won't go do the wwe theatrics anymore until they are totally washed out of mma, and brock is not there....in the UFC these stars workout 2-3 months and fight 3-4 times a year for millions....in the wwe you have to "perform" your act 3-4 times a week and lay down if the boss tells ya to...

Brock is a huge PPV draw and Dana knows that so he will be back for a title match.....there is good competition in the GSP class but the badboys are the heavyweights - they ain't guys you'd wanna mouthoff to if you wanna survive...

glorified streetfights??? YES! and that is why folks pay to see it.... If he just does wrestlemania he can make probably around 30 million for a month of work.

defense51
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This is funny.

I'm into UFC and think of two people (Roger Huerta and Rashad Babino) when I hear that skill doesn't come into it. But you can have IHS all to yourself if you feel like proving to the world that he's just a phony who's never been in a fight.

USMC 1988-1996, been there have half of a left hand to prove it! But combat is not the same as MMA fighting...my point was that skill plays a huge part in MMA if you know what you're watching.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Lesnar made $400k for the last PPV. He made $8 million a year in the WWE. Sure, he was part of the traveling circus, but big acts like him don't perform every night like the jobbers. He'd be on maybe two cards a wee. UFC portrays him as a very private person, though, which is the total opposite of what WWE offers, so I doubt he'd go back. Plus, he's got kids with Sable now, so the life on the road probably isn't very appealing.

XtremeCouture
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Lesnar made $400k for the last PPV. He made $8 million a year in the WWE. Sure, he was part of the traveling circus, but big acts like him don't perform every night like the jobbers. He'd be on maybe two cards a wee. UFC portrays him as a very private person, though, which is the total opposite of what WWE offers, so I doubt he'd go back. Plus, he's got kids with Sable now, so the life on the road probably isn't very appealing.

stop reading the yahoosports underpaying ufc fighters bullcrap. lesnar gets a bunch of money from sponsors and a huge ppv cut. that $400k is just his salary. then add his "commission" and he makes well over $1,000,000 a fight.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
stop reading the yahoosports underpaying ufc fighters bullcrap. lesnar gets a bunch of money from sponsors and a huge ppv cut. that $400k is just his salary. then add his "commission" and he makes well over $1,000,000 a fight.

You think he didn't earn similar in WWE?

DDBooger
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
USMC 1988-1996, been there have half of a left hand to prove it! But combat is not the same as MMA fighting...my point was that skill plays a huge part in MMA if you know what you're watching. Thank you for a clear headed response and service! ;)

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 03:17 PM
The offer he turned down from WWE was 42 million for 6 years. My question is why would he do a work with the Taker for no reason. I am hoping and praying he goes back to the E they need him more than the UFC and he is a lot better as a pro wrestler.

Blastoderm55
10-27-2010, 03:41 PM
WWE needs more than a single wrestler. They need systematic change from top to bottom. They've had a pretty lousy product for most of the decade. It would be nice if TNA would step up and challenge them the way WCW did in the mid-90s, but they'd rather recycle the has-beens and lame storylines.

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2010, 03:43 PM
WWE needs more than a single wrestler. They need systematic change from top to bottom. They've had a pretty lousy product for most of the decade. It would be nice if TNA would step up and challenge them the way WCW did in the mid-90s, but they'd rather recycle the has-beens and lame storylines.

yep..Wrestling Feds do not flourish with out competition.

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
WWE needs more than a single wrestler. They need systematic change from top to bottom. They've had a pretty lousy product for most of the decade. It would be nice if TNA would step up and challenge them the way WCW did in the mid-90s, but they'd rather recycle the has-beens and lame storylines. Wrestling was great at the start of the decade the Attitude Era in the early part of the decade is looked at as the peak of the WWE but many fans and critics, but around 03 and 04 it started to struggle you lose 2 of the 3 top entertainers in wrestling history in the same time span the product is going to take a dive. Brock had the potential to be one of the best ever wrestlers the WWE ever ran out there the things he could do in the ring were amazing. People act like its so bad now I disagree sure the depth on the roster is lacking and the lose of the greatest performer in WWE history in Shawn Micheals hurts but their were some good storylines that have made for an exciting program in recent months.