PDA

View Full Version : Llano vs Burnet

Cam
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Llano (2-1) vs. Burnet (3-0). Llano is home. Who's gonna win it?

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Burnet 28
Llano 14

Llano is terrible. Sorry.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Llano is terrible. Sorry.
Who did you see them play? :thinking:

LHdog
10-23-2010, 09:32 PM
They could have scored 70+ on Taylor. I think Burnet wins big.
Burnet 42
Llano 14

BLEEDZGREEN
10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I have seen Llano on film twice and watched Burnet play all year in person and I will have to say.....DAWGS with the win!

Prediction:
Burnet 52
Llano 21

Burnet is rolling now, offence is clicking and defence has been good all year.

Tx Challenge
10-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Burnet by 14..

LH_Tuff
10-24-2010, 06:12 AM
I think this could be a trap game for Burnet. Llano is coming off a loss. Burnet may be looking a little ahead to Liberty Hill. Llano has pretty good speed on defense and a QB that does ok at times.

I call the upset - Llano wins 28-24.

Tin Cup
10-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Umm US?!?

lange4
10-24-2010, 09:31 AM
for Llano to have a shot thier offense is going to have to be a whole lot more consistent. They only seem to put it together for short spurts during a game.

Looking4number8
10-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think he saw the same LLano game I did, Bwd vs Llano, unless they have improved ALOT, they are terrible.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Burnet is not worried about Liberty Hill right now,Coach Walker has them playing one gm @ a time.The only time Burnet overlooked a team this yr was Bandera. Dawgs are focused, & every game since then they have gotten better each time.Yeah Llano has a lil speed but like I said I have seen them play twice & they don't have the speed that Burnet has on Offense or Defense....Plus there is a lil more motivation for this gm from what happened over the summer in 7 on 7 with Joe Brown...;) Should be a good game!

Cam
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry LH Tuff, I think your trap game thoughts is wishful thinking among LH fans. I'll bet there is not a single LH resident pulling for Burnet. Burnet motivation will be big because of incident earlier in the year on 7-on-7. But truthfully, Llano doesn't have the horses to keep up with Burnet. Too much speed and too much leadership from the seniors makes the difference here. (16 seniors and several juniors with playoff experience) Burnet looks to be getting better and better. Joe Brown is looking phenominal at RB. His sidekick Demone Belmarez is the real deal and equally dangerous as evidenced by his 70+ yarder last Friday. The receivers are all playmakers. The defense is speedy and full of nasty hitters. No coach is going to want to play this team in the playoffs....Speaking of trap games, LH better be real careful with their next opponent. I hope LH wins cause I want to see them coming to our house with a clean record so we can dirty it up a little......
My prediction: Burnet 38 Llano 14

Old Dog
10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
When watching Burnet, you just don't know who might break one next. Dogs good speed is really spread around and Coach Walker is utilizing it well. I do worry if they run into a big heavy and agile line which is bound to happen. Our linemen are not heavyweights. Team reminds me of the 1999 group.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Umm US?!?
:doh: :doh: I forgot you played them.

LHdog
10-25-2010, 06:23 PM
What happened during the summer 7 on 7 with Joe Brown?

solocam
10-25-2010, 07:39 PM
Burnet by 28

sandmaster
10-25-2010, 10:46 PM
To all the Brownwood posters. Yes Llano did not play very good against ya'll but considering ya'll have beat everyone just as bad as ya'll beat Llano. Just move on to the game ya'll have this week. Everyone is tired of hearing ya'll brag on other games threads. Llano has came a long way from the Brownwood game and the kids really have grown up alot since that game and have started to play alot better. I say Llano plays extremely well and upsets the bulldogs. Good luck Jackets and its time to turn the tide against burnet this week and send them home with a loss.

runtowin
10-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Llano is done, they were beat up before playing LH and are worse off now. 42 was on crutches after the LH game. Easy win for Burnet, no contest. 49-14 Burnet

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by LHdog
What happened during the summer 7 on 7 with Joe Brown?
Let's just say Llano's players played the Race Card. :hand:

lange4
10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
42 has just about been on crutches all year. Llano will be just fine.

LionKing
10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by sandmaster
To all the Brownwood posters. Yes Llano did not play very good against ya'll but considering ya'll have beat everyone just as bad as ya'll beat Llano. Just move on to the game ya'll have this week. Everyone is tired of hearing ya'll brag on other games threads. Llano has came a long way from the Brownwood game and the kids really have grown up alot since that game and have started to play alot better. I say Llano plays extremely well and upsets the bulldogs. Good luck Jackets and its time to turn the tide against burnet this week and send them home with a loss. Get a grip, a simple question was asked and answered, nothing more, quit making up things.

runtowin
10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by lange4
42 has just about been on crutches all year. Llano will be just fine.

He started against LH and played into the 4th quarter. Not sure when he got injured. He was one of their better defensive players.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Watched the Lamp vs Llano game last night..If Lamp had a kicker they win that gm easy & I'm not just referring to the missed PAT..4 times they drove within the 25yd line or closer & came away with nothing. Llano plays that way Friday night this game will be over by halftime.:thinking:

lange4
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
or you can say Llano's D came to play inside the red zone.

Old LB
10-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Sandmaster, maybe you should address folks directly rather than to all Brownwood posters. Some of us have said nothing about your team there buddy.

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm sure sandman is talking about me. My statement was nothing to do with Brownwood and everything to do with my opinion that llano will not win. Sorry for picking the better team. My bad!

Cam
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
Let's just say Llano's players played the Race Card. :hand:
I've heard it was a Llano player's cousin who made the remark. Whatever, who ever said it got one of the nicest kids in Burnet, Joe Brown pretty upset cause he's not a trouble-maker. It was on in the parking lot till broken up by parents. Also heard Brownwood's QB got the same treatment with their game with Llano....I know the # of the accused Llano kid but no sense in posting it here...

Tin Cup
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I've heard it was a Llano player's cousin who made the remark. Whatever, who ever said it got one of the nicest kids in Burnet, Joe Brown pretty upset cause he's not a trouble-maker. It was on in the parking lot till broken up by parents. Also heard Brownwood's QB got the same treatment with their game with Llano....I know the # of the accused Llano kid but no sense in posting it here...

This is another reason I dislike llano greatly.

lange4
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM
expecially since all you have is rumors.

runtowin
10-26-2010, 03:23 PM
I am sure when Llano was actually able to tackle a brownwood player they probably held on after the whistle. Anyone have a youtube of that to share?

Cam
10-26-2010, 03:26 PM
expecially since all you have is rumors.
sorry, you're wrong...not rumors. I was there when it happened @ 7-on-7. Can't speak for the Brownwood folks but I know enough details to say it probably happened. Llano principal knows about it too....In saying all this, I'm sure Llano kids are good kids. There's always one bad apple somewhere. I hope he got diciplined. It's over and done with....after Friday night that is!!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-26-2010, 07:40 PM
or you can say Llano's D came to play inside the red zone.
One would tend to think that but what I was getting @ is if Lamp had confidence in their kicker they would've kicked it @ least once.One made FG & they win the gm even with the missed PAT..Llano's D did made 1 good stand on the goal line #50 & #77 did a good job of clogging the middle.

lange4
10-26-2010, 08:09 PM
thier kicker was not that bad. I just do not think that they thought Llano could keep stuffing that big FB.

runtowin
10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by solocam
Burnet by 28

Maybe more!

BLEEDZGREEN
10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
thier kicker was not that bad. I just do not think that they thought Llano could keep stuffing that big FB.
He's not a strong kicker because in a close district battle you take the points especially if you get down there 4 times..Lamp's play calling was terrible also because they were getting good gains off tackle & around the end.The Lamps coach kept trying to run it down the middle for some reason & there was nothing happening there mostly all night..Even on the goal line stand he ran it 4 times down the middle. :confused:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Friday is finally here!!...SIC'EM DAWGS!!!

DocHoliday
10-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Well, I'll be your Huckleberry. If Burnet can contain Raab(QB), stay balanced and avoid the turnovers, they will win the game. The Bulldogs play fast and physical on Defense and their offense has been getting better every week. I do not know if there is a more balanced attack with rushing and passing as the Burnet offense. There special teams is also very solid with a strong kicker. This team could upset some people. Go Dogs

Charlie47
10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
Burnet is not worried about Liberty Hill right now,Coach Walker has them playing one gm @ a time.The only time Burnet overlooked a team this yr was Bandera. Dawgs are focused, & every game since then they have gotten better each time.Yeah Llano has a lil speed but like I said I have seen them play twice & they don't have the speed that Burnet has on Offense or Defense....Plus there is a lil more motivation for this gm from what happened over the summer in 7 on 7 with Joe Brown...;) Should be a good game!

What happened during 7 on 7?:confused:

BLEEDZGREEN
10-29-2010, 01:01 PM
It was briefly discussed on page 2 & 3.

BLEEDZGREEN
10-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Burnet up @ halftime 21-7.

Rocket
10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
To all the Brownwood posters. Yes Llano did not play very good against ya'll but considering ya'll have beat everyone just as bad as ya'll beat Llano. Just move on to the game ya'll have this week. Everyone is tired of hearing ya'll brag on other games threads. Llano has came a long way from the Brownwood game and the kids really have grown up alot since that game and have started to play alot better. I say Llano plays extremely well and upsets the bulldogs. Good luck Jackets and its time to turn the tide against burnet this week and send them home with a loss.

Hey. We will post wherever we please. Llano had no class and you're lucky Shipley didn't hang 100 on you. Llano won't beat any team with half a heartbeat. Not this year. Quit your crying.

bobcat1
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Hey. We will post wherever we please. Llano had no class and you're lucky Shipley didn't hang 100 on you. Llano won't beat any team with half a heartbeat. Not this year. Quit your crying. Classy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

espn1
10-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Just make sure you guys don't fight over Shipleys Jock! Just cut it up and you all can sniff it!

ziggy29
10-29-2010, 10:33 PM
35-21 Burnet is the final.

ziggy29
10-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Hey. We will post wherever we please. Llano had no class and you're lucky Shipley didn't hang 100 on you. Llano won't beat any team with half a heartbeat. Not this year. Quit your crying.
Pure class. The only thing worse than a sore loser is a bad winner.

bobcat1
10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Just make sure you guys don't fight over Shipleys Jock! Just cut it up and you all can sniff it! Post of the year material right there!

Super_R
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I think they actually do that after every game...socks also.

1st and goal
10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes, some of 'em take that jock strap and repeat the basement scene from pulp fiction with each other. But just wait, theys gonna be some hard pipe hitting brothas come mess em up real bad soon.

ziggy29
10-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
I think they actually do that after every game...socks also.
Heh. In all seriousness, Brownwood is good. Really good. It's just unfortunate that a small number of their backers can't let their results on the field do all the talking. They feel the need to trash talk and insult the teams they've beaten in order to feel better about themselves.

Going back to the Brownwood-Llano game, yes, the final could have been considerably worse. It wasn't a lot worse because Shipley coached with class, which at least one person on these boards who supports Brownwood could learn from.

Really, bad winners should let the scoreboard do the talking.

ziggy29
10-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Wow. Was away for a few days and just read through the entire thread.

I just lost a lot of respect for a fair number of Brownwood fans. Lots of bad winners here.

Llano is "terrible"?

"Terrible" teams don't generally finish the regular season at least .500. "Terrible" teams don't make the playoffs.

Mediocre teams can. Decent teams can. Terrible teams don't. And as far as I can tell, despite a loss to a very strong Burnet team where the Dogs only "won" by 20 yards in total offense, Llano is in the playoffs.

Why do you want to call a team "terrible" because you beat them badly? Wouldn't you rather think it's because your team is really, really good? They ARE really, really good. Don't taint what your kids are doing by acting like jerks. Give them the credit they deserve rather than disparaging their competition.

sandmaster
10-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Great Post Ziggy29. I feel that Llano has came a long way this year still a little inconsistent on both offense and defense but they are getting better. Good Luck to Llano the rest of the season. It looks like they will get wimberley in the first round of the playoffs. So playing the Mighty Brownwood Lions and Burnet Bulldogs should have us prepared to play a good Wimberley team. Just remember to remain humble Brownwood fans be thankful for what you have. Everyone knows ya'll have a great team we don't have to be reminded of it daily!!! God Bless and Happy Travels to playoffs games starting in a couple of weeks.

Super_R
10-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Rocket is what he is. He had the same # of post the previous years when Bwood was 3-7 a few years in a row. Bragging just the same as this year. Now, he is the leader of the bwood trash talking squad. He takes the short fat 12 toed explayers and feeds em chocolate and mountian dew and then terns them loose on his computer bank and says have fun. Kinda like the teen haven on Pinochio.

Tin Cup
10-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Llano was beating 2A teams early so of course the record looks decent. My comment was more based on comments towards our QB from a few llano players. Nonetheless, I apologize for calling your team terrible. Mediocre was a better word.