PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 9 GotW: Huffman Hargrave (5-0/8-1) @ Coldspring (4-0/7-1)

R3Editor
10-23-2010, 07:51 PM
D22-3A

Huffman Hargrave(5-0/8-1)

27-Aug Hardin Jefferson W 63-0
03-Sep Kashmere W 45-12
10-Sep Kingwood Park L 52-15
17-Sep @Hams-Fannett W 55-12
24-Sep Liberty* W 56-7
01-Oct @Tarkington* W 54-0
08-Oct Shepherd* W 48-21
15-Oct @Splendora* W 49-10
22-Oct Cleveland* W 56-14

Coldspring(4-0/7-1)

27-Aug Kirbyville L 20-6
03-Sep @Madisonville W 26-0
10-Sep Crockett W 42-41
17-Sep @Orangefield W 53-6
24-Sep Tarkington* W 54-0
01-Oct @Shepherd* W 56-8
08-Oct Splendora* W 53-10
15-Oct @Cleveland* W 48-8
29-Oct Hargrave*
05-Nov @Liberty*

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I haven't seen either of the two play this season, but, in years past, Coldspring had speed. Based on the scores, it seems that both are evenly matched.

Given that and the fact this game is in Coldspring, I will go with the Trojans.

trojandad
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
huffman is a team that can always be counted on to have linemen that live in the weight room, ive said this before but the year splendora had brian robison my son told me that huffman's linemen ALL hit harder than robison did, only game he asked for aspirin after the game....

every now and then they get a fast back and build an offense around him with those linemen, in 2002 curtis crew was 1st team all state rb from huffman (same year jordan shipley was 1st team, i believe) with over 2000 yards rushing....

even last year when they only had 5 wins, they played silsbee tough in the first round last year (a lot tougher than i thought they would)....this is of note since navasota barely squeaked by silsbee, then gilmer barely beat navasota....maybe huffman started it going last year....

looking at huffman's stats on the chronicle page, two things jump out to me, one is that most games are REALLY close to 50% run and passing yards in a game, they aren't just loading up and running behind big linemen all game....the second thing, though, is that, even though they are beating similar opponents by the same amounts that we are, i'm seeing their first team qb and rb's scoring td's in the 4th qtr of box scores......the only 4th qtr that barbay has had our starting backfield in was kirbyville.....

we lost a REALLY overpoweringly dominant personality in a 3 yr starting qb this year, so our passing offense has been 5-6 attempts a game at most while he learns, though last game he completed 80% of his throws, but we're a running team this year.....the amazing thing is that the sophomore RB last year that ran like crazy against WO-S in our first round upset can't even break the starting lineup this year.....the two kids running this year are really fast, and one of them will do that juke-type run where he disappears in a hole in the line yet still has the speed to step back a step and beat most people to the corner....

we have 10 returning starters back from last years defense and they have a leader of the defense as strong in personality as our qb from last year was on offense, they really play with a swagger....

in comparing schedules, our one loss seems to be to someone that most rating services rate higher than huffman's 4a team they lost to, for whatever that is worth....i've tried sitting on my tongue since the kirbyville game because i honestly don't know how good we are, but that game i felt so bad for our qb, he was just tryin to survive.....our stats were almost equalwith kv and we gave away the 2 td margin on 2 short field fumbles by our qb, but hindsight being 20-20 they put up FAR fewer yards on us than any other opponent so far (disclaimer to wo-s in catching them after reggie's loss)....i'd LOVE to see us play them again 3rd round.....

we all know you play the game to see who does fumble, who does hang on to the ball, but i do believe we've got the team to win this, though it will take more of a full game's effort than we've had to use in most games....

thanks for letting us be GOTW knowing neither team has a big following out here.....coldspring by 14.....

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
This one ought to be a good'un!!!

GO HUFFMAN!!!

WOS1
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
CS will run (literally) away with it late.

1st and goal
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I hear ya Trojandad, no respect. You need to round up some more troops and get them online here. You guys are sneaking up the ranks thru' the back door.

I'm going to go with Coldspring in a nail biter at home.

trojandad
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
a bunch of them watch the board and just will not participate for some reason.....then they'll email me offline with their thoughts....oh well.....

87 TIGER
10-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Coldspring wins

trojandad
10-25-2010, 10:27 PM
please say a little prayer for me, the doctor doesn't want me going to the game on friday.....i've had to miss last week and the week before for other games, and SURE hope i can make this one......any small prayer would be appreciated......

eagles_victory
10-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Groesbeck and Fairfield got snubbed on this one.

The Natural
10-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Coldspring takes this. They are good, and they are going to continue to be good for quite awhile.

trojandad
10-28-2010, 04:35 PM
is anyone from here going to the game in coldspring? it looks like i might have to be going to the hospital this evening and if i don't get out by tomorrow, i wanted as many contacts at the game as possible......thanks

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
is anyone from here going to the game in coldspring? it looks like i might have to be going to the hospital this evening and if i don't get out by tomorrow, i wanted as many contacts at the game as possible......thanks

I pray that everything is ok....Get well soon!

I may be heading to the game after work.

trojandad
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
do you mind if i swap info with you later by pm, in case i don't make it?

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
do you mind if i swap info with you later by pm, in case i don't make it?

check messages

trojandad
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
i'm gonna try to make it.....hope to see you there.....safe game to both teams......