PDA

View Full Version : A&M -vs- KU

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 07:27 PM
24-10 Ags so far....Ryan Tannehill at QB?!?!?! WTH?!!?

CHS_CG
10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
24-10 Ags so far....Ryan Tannehill at QB?!?!?! WTH?!!?

Getting him ready for next year. I like the move! Hope hes doing more than Johnson has been doing lately!

Budman007
10-23-2010, 07:48 PM
We Ags were ready to see anybody at QB. Good move.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Well I'll agree that so far so good.....in THIS game. GO AGS!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Well I'll agree that so far so good.....in THIS game. GO AGS!!

You're a smart football fan, my friend.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You're a smart football fan, my friend. I'm all for what gets the Ags in the W column. Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed w/ Tannehill. I know it's Kansas, but still. He seems to be making good decisions and executing. Can't ask for anything more than that. GO AGS!

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
They did the same thing with JJ in Mcgee's senior year. I can kind of understand it I suppose. But at the same time you owe something to Johnson as well for what he has done for the program.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They did the same thing with JJ in Mcgee's senior year. I can kind of understand it I suppose. But at the same time you owe something to Johnson as well for what he has done for the program. Partly agree, but at the same time gotta do what gets the win. Ask Major Applewhite about this situation in his sr. yr.....only difference is that Simms was horrible and the whole Simms experiment was a miserable failure comparatively speaking. Applewhite was a great college QB....Simms couldn't carry his jock strap I don't care what anyone says.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They did the same thing with JJ in Mcgee's senior year. I can kind of understand it I suppose. But at the same time you owe something to Johnson as well for what he has done for the program.

Well, Stephen was actually still trying to recover from his shoulder he injured at the start of the year. I actually talked to him about it. He said that he couldn't sit back and watch us play Texas without trying to play; even though he knew that if he got hit in the shoulder hard enough, he may never play again. It's kind of a similar situation in a way, I mean, even though he says otherwise so it doesn't look like he's making an excuse for his play, I can tell just by watching how he throws the ball semi-sidearm now and by his release that he's not 100%. He's getting better, but still inconsistent. I liked the look of that deep pass he threw to Fuller - 45 yards in the air, over his shoulder right into his hands with a defender draped all over Jeff. We'll see what happens.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:07 PM
TD AGS!!!

45-10

4thQ

navscanmaster
10-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Tannehill : 11/15 for 150 through almost two quarters of play, 3 TD, 0 INT, and a rushing TD just now to make it 45-10 Ags. 12:20 4th.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Partly agree, but at the same time gotta do what gets the win. Ask Major Applewhite about this situation in his sr. yr.....only difference is that Simms was horrible and the whole Simms experiment was a miserable failure comparatively speaking. Applewhite was a great college QB....Simms couldn't carry his jock strap I don't care what anyone says.

I've always been a Major Applewhite fan. No matter how bad he got screwed over, he still came back every chance he had to play and made Mack Brown look like an idiot sellout. Politics were the only reason Chris Simms ever played in front of Major Applewhite, because it certainly wasn't because he was a better player.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I've always been a Major Applewhite fan. No matter how bad he got screwed over, he still came back every chance he had to play and made Mack Brown look like an idiot sellout. Politics were the only reason Chris Simms ever played in front of Major Applewhite, because it certainly wasn't because he was a better player. A-FRICKIN-MEN! You hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. EXACTLY how I feel about the situation.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Ags win 45-10.

Nice one Aggies! Keep it goin.

navscanmaster
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
No matter if it was a cream puff. The Ags needed a road win, and guess what:

New streak started: 1-0 in televised games!:devil: :doh:

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
No matter if it was a cream puff. The Ags needed a road win, and guess what:

New streak started: 1-0 in televised games!:devil: :doh: We'll take it! :clap:

GreenMachine
10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
WTG Aggies!! Just seems like the offense flows better with Tannehill in. Competition at QB is a good thing. JJ actually ran over a defensive back instead of the trademark slide.

skins4life
10-23-2010, 10:03 PM
I've always been a Major Applewhite fan. No matter how bad he got screwed over, he still came back every chance he had to play and made Mack Brown look like an idiot sellout. Politics were the only reason Chris Simms ever played in front of Major Applewhite, because it certainly wasn't because he was a better player.

I'll agree with that. How many times did he have to come in and pull them from behind for the win or near win because Simm's couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat?

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by skins4life
I'll agree with that. How many times did he have to come in and pull them from behind for the win or near win because Simm's couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat? YUP....I remember all of that very vividly. Applewhite was nails!!

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 10:08 PM
The Major Applewhite legend..people forget he lost to Nc State and Stanford and was the starting QB in the first OU blow out...and yes I loved Major, but his legend has outgrown the truth

skins4life
10-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The Major Applewhite legend..people forget he lost to Nc State and Stanford and was the starting QB in the first OU blow out...and yes I loved Major, but his legend has outgrown the truth

That may be true, but there is no way Simms' should have started in front of him. IMO

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 10:12 PM
That may be true, but there is no way Simms' should have started in front of him. IMO +1... he was the FAR better option at the time.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 10:14 PM
That may be true, but there is no way Simms' should have started in front of him. IMO

maybe..maybe not..point is Simms won more games as a starter than Major...people IMO rooted for MAjor because of the back stories of both..one a nobody who came out of nowhere, one a highly recruited son of a former NFL QB....I just always felt Simms got punished for things Major did not, and Major got recognition for things that Simms did as well with no one giving Simms the same credit

skins4life
10-23-2010, 10:19 PM
maybe..maybe not..point is Simms won more games as a starter than Major...people IMO rooted for MAjor because of the back stories of both..one a nobody who came out of nowhere, one a highly recruited son of a former NFL QB....I just always felt Simms got punished for things Major did not, and Major got recognition for things that Simms did as well with no one giving Simms the same credit

OK, if Major is not leapfrogged by Simms, does Simms still win more games than Major?

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 10:26 PM
OK, if Major is not leapfrogged by Simms, does Simms still win more games than Major?

of course not..he would not have played as many games as Major so not really a fair observation

All I know is Simms was 26-6..but people want to remember the 6 more than the 26...Major was 22-8 and people seem to only remember the 22 and forget some of the 8 losses

skins4life
10-23-2010, 10:51 PM
of course not..he would not have played as many games as Major so not really a fair observation

All I know is Simms was 26-6..but people want to remember the 6 more than the 26...Major was 22-8 and people seem to only remember the 22 and forget some of the 8 losses

I guess you're right about that, cause about all I can remember is RW jumping the center and knocking the ball of Simms hand and causeing the TD. I do remember the lose to Carolina. I also remember Major coming in and nearly pulling off the comeback in one and then doing it in another. I can't remember the teams, just that is happened.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 11:04 PM

Well I think it's a big presumptuous to suggest that anyone really believed or tried to promote the idea that Major Applewhite played perfectly in every game, every down. I think it's just more of the perception that even though he had bad plays or even games, he was still the better man for the job than Chris Simms. And it was his job to come in and clean up Simms' mess on multiple occasions. Some players quit when that happens, but he just waited and when he got the opportunity, he made the most of it and brought victory or came very close to it for his team. I think he was a pretty unselfish guy, because it takes a lot to invest so much into your team and your career; then sit back and watch a guy who isn't better than you play. A lot of guys would have quit. Not to mention it was his Senior year and his chance of playing in the NFL and possible life-long dream was slipping away the entire time.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 11:07 PM
. And it was his job to come in and clean up Simms' mess on multiple occasions.

you kind of proved my point..he came in ONCE and that was the Big 12 Title game..not multiple times