PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Gilbert

ILS1
10-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok, I'll be the first to say it. He is NOT the answer at QB for the Horrns!!! I like him but he makes poor decisions by throwing into to double and triple cover. He under throws receivers and is getting them KILLED!!!

SintonPirateFan
10-23-2010, 12:54 PM
VERY raw QB. had moments of greatness last week, but this week has fallen back into his old mistakes. can't even complain about the play calling this week (a rarity). he just isn't executing.

WildTexan972
10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
he ain't any worse than daniel was this early in his career....but I hate Cow so I hope GG throws a couples picks in the 2nd half and gets em beat

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 01:11 PM
I love how folks decide someone's career from 6 games..look at his WRs..now look at who Colt threw to when he was a Rs Freshman starter...look at Colt's O-line and RB...give Gilbert those weapons and I think he does as well if not better than Colt

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Ok, I'll be the first to say it. He is NOT the answer at QB for the Horrns!!! I like him but he makes poor decisions by throwing into to double and triple cover. He under throws receivers and is getting them KILLED!!! It's half way through his 1st season as a starter....cut him some slack

Colt didn't win em all his Freshman year either. Comparing Colt to Garrett is like comparing fish to chicken...sure, they're both meat...but they ain't the same.

P.S. not to mention they staff is trying to implement a new offense. :thinking:

SO is it REALLY all Garrett Gilbert's fault? Come on man.

rockdale80
10-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
It's half way through his 1st season as a starter....cut him some slack

Colt didn't win em all his Freshman year either. Comparing Colt to Garrett is like comparing fish to chicken...sure, they're both meat...but they ain't the same.

P.S. not to mention they staff is trying to implement a new offense. :thinking:

SO is it REALLY all Garrett Gilbert's fault? Come on man.

Offense, linemen, and receivers dont change piss poor accuracy and bad decisions....

Just saying...

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Offense, linemen, and receivers dont change piss poor accuracy and bad decisions....

Just saying... no, but time and experience do. Not EVERY QB is going to come in and instantly be as effective at Colt McCoy, and the Horns fans that think that's the case are delusional and have expectations that are unrealistic. Just sayin.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Just saying...

actually yea they do..if ur not able to even plant your back foot before your getting rushed, what do you think will happen?

If you cant trust your targets to make catches your going to try to throw a even more perfect pass for them to catch

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
actually yea they do..if ur not able to even plant your back foot before your getting rushed, what do you think will happen?

If you cant trust your targets to make catches your going to try to throw a even more perfect pass for them to catch Txb, we rarely agree, and you know I'm not a Horns fan, but as an outsider looking in, I can tell you that I agree, the Horns' woes are not sitting solely on the shoulders of this young man. Give him time I say.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Txb, we rarely agree, .

Really?!?!? Wow never knew you were wrong so much then :D :D (JK)...I thought u and I agree a bunch lol

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Really?!?!? Wow never knew you were wrong so much then :D :D (JK)...I thought u and I agree a bunch lol I should have clarified....it's 50/50, but we NEVER see eye to eye on the Horns, LOL. It may take another year or so...but they'll figure things out in Austin I'm sure.

Hope you are well man!!

Maroon87
10-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Colt had Shipley, Sweed, Cosby, and Jermichael Finley to throw to, and Jamal Charles to hand off to, and they're all in the NFL.

Gilbert has Kirkendoll, M. Williams, Goodwin, Whitaker/Newton, and no TE to speak of.

You tell me who had the better weapons.

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
The receivers just aren't getting it done and I think both GG and the receivers are losing trust in each other.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
The receivers just aren't getting it done and I think both GG and the receivers are losing trust in each other. I've heard M. Brown interviewed and heard him say how they were implementing a new offense.....why does it seem like everyone is ignoring this fact? Not ONLY is the QB young and in his first year, but the players that ARE returning starters on offense are learning a new system maybe? I'm no Horns fan, but that seems like it'd have some sort of effect on their offensive productivity wouldn't it? Not sure why everyone is trying to lay ALL of the blame on the players....and even more specific...the QB.

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 03:49 PM
This is a team problem offensive line can't block a 4 man Iowa St. pass rush recievers don't get enough separation and you can say what you want to about talent around him or whatever but Gilbert was piss poor pathetic today. Missing throw after throw making bad decision after bad decision it isn't all on him in any way but certainly some of it was today.

LionFan72
10-23-2010, 03:55 PM
One, people are used to having QB leadership for the last 8 years, and Gilbert has not achieved that role yet, I am sure the young man will mature into a NFL QB someday. to say the least, Horns fans (me) are a little spoiled to flawless execution and I think we need to give him and the team a chance to rebound from spectacular recent seasons.

I vote for a new season and all will be well in Austin As long as we beat the Aggies, who cares??

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LionFan72
I vote for a new season and all will be well in Austin As long as we beat the Aggies, who cares?? I care beating a .500 A&M team doesnt exactly make a season.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 03:59 PM
One, people are used to having QB leadership for the last 8 years, and Gilbert has not achieved that role yet, I am sure the young man will mature into a NFL QB someday. to say the least, Horns fans (me) are a little spoiled to flawless execution and I think we need to give him and the team a chance to rebound from spectacular recent seasons.

I vote for a new season and all will be well in Austin As long as we beat the Aggies, who cares?? My thoughts exactly, I just didn't wanna be the one to say it as an "outsider".

As far as beat the Ags....that's not a given this year....NEITHER team has really impressed me sadly.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I care beating a .500 A&M team doesnt exactly make a season.
Heck, it might this year! (For both the Horns and the Raiders! Although, I see the Horns having a better chance at playing in the MNC game than my Raiders beating the Aggies. :( :mad: :rolleyes: )

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I care beating a .500 A&M team doesnt exactly make a season. well it beats the alternative...LOSING to said .500 Aggie team right?

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 04:03 PM
well it beats the alternative...LOSING to said .500 Aggie team right? After losing to Iowa St its hard to be positive in any way.

LionFan72
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Beating the Aggies is the biggest RESUME item on any UT coaching contract........

Emerson1
10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Beating the Aggies is the biggest RESUME item on any UT coaching contract........
You are confusing sides.

This season is already and epic fail and there is nothing that can be done for the Texas 2010 season to be considered a success. A win against a&m means they weren't as emberassed as they could have been.

A&M on the other hand is in the same boat except that beating Texas makes the entire season a success. If Johnson goes out and rushes for 200 and passes for 200 he will be proclaimed great again by aggie fans.

Hupernikomen
10-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Colt had Shipley, Sweed, Cosby, and Jermichael Finley to throw to, and Jamal Charles to hand off to, and they're all in the NFL.

Gilbert has Kirkendoll, M. Williams, Goodwin, Whitaker/Newton, and no TE to speak of.

You tell me who had the better weapons.

Good point. GG is raw. I suppose Mack has committed to him for the remainder of the year though. He should continue to grow this year.

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You are confusing sides.

This season is already and epic fail and there is nothing that can be done for the Texas 2010 season to be considered a success. A win against a&m means they weren't as emberassed as they could have been.

A&M on the other hand is in the same boat except that beating Texas makes the entire season a success. If Johnson goes out and rushes for 200 and passes for 200 he will be proclaimed great again by aggie fans. x2 who cares if you beat A&M that is something that has happened 8 out of the last 10 years it is expected.

Rocket
10-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I loved the UT QB's in McCoy and Young. Both could run and throw, but both had to develop. Let's give Gilbert some time. UT lost some studs the last 2 years and don't worry, Jaxon Shipley is on his way... ;)

rockdale80
10-23-2010, 07:31 PM

If you cant trust your targets to make catches your going to try to throw a even more perfect pass for them to catch

I agree with that, but when he had time to throw and open receivers his accuracy was sub par. I am not saying that he wont or cant develop into a quality Qb, but I think most people can agree that a 5 star QB should be making more plays than he is.

sinfan75
10-23-2010, 07:54 PM
If I ain't mistaken, I heard a guy on tv a while back say Texas was starting alot of freshmen this year. Remember Vince Young didn't exactly tear up defenses until his junior year. This year Texas takes their knocks but I bet next year this team will be very tough to beat.

Maroon87
10-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
If I ain't mistaken, I heard a guy on tv a while back say Texas was starting alot of freshmen this year. Remember Vince Young didn't exactly tear up defenses until his junior year. This year Texas takes their knocks but I bet next year this team will be very tough to beat.

I agree. Gilbert didn't just forget how to play QB overnight...this kid is very accomplished but is running a Pop Warner scheme.

It's like they're just trying to keep him healthy until Malcolm Brown arrives.

Old Tiger
10-23-2010, 08:04 PM

Just saying... this gilberts play has pissed me off

sinton66
10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
this gilberts play has pissed me off

LOL, I bet he's heart-broken about that.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-23-2010, 08:08 PM
You grow in non-conference play...when you are showing piss poor efforts in conferene play and making crap decisions it can't be on everyone else but Garrett. I don't know if he is the answer for the future or not.

Old Tiger
10-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LOL, I bet he's heart-broken about thaat.:rolleyes: you're dang right he is I let him know everytime! :D lol

Old Tiger
10-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
If I ain't mistaken, I heard a guy on tv a while back say Texas was starting alot of freshmen this year. Remember Vince Young didn't exactly tear up defenses until his junior year. This year Texas takes their knocks but I bet next year this team will be very tough to beat. Vince was 30-2 as a starter with 10+ come from behind victories.

Emerson1
10-23-2010, 08:14 PM
In every NCAA Football 11 dynasty I played Texas was pretty bad the first year then returned to normal dominance after.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Vince was 30-2 as a starter with 10+ come from behind victories.

yep..but as far as his play it was not till his second year as a starter that he became a special talent..heck his first year he could not shake Chance Mock until late in the season remember the TTech win where Mock replaces Young and throws the miracle pass to win?

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree with that, but when he had time to throw and open receivers his accuracy was sub par. I am not saying that he wont or cant develop into a quality Qb, but I think most people can agree that a 5 star QB should be making more plays than he is. The wheel route to Newton in the end zone is nothing other than a bad throw. I agree with you he can still be great but to say he is progressing like someone with his hype should would be inaccurate.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree with that, but when he had time to throw and open receivers his accuracy was sub par. I am not saying that he wont or cant develop into a quality Qb, but I think most people can agree that a 5 star QB should be making more plays than he is.

Again..when u cant trust your OL or WRs your going to be feeling ghost rushers..there were many times today he was trying to esacpe a pass rush that was not there..he was rushing his throws not setting his feet

JJWalker
10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I saw a lot of shots of Mack Brown wearing his usual dumb face.

His only true success as Texas' head coach was recruiting Vince Young.

Rule #76
10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
did GG burn something down in rockdale or what??? damn, give him some time. i have to agree with others on here. look at the weapons that vince and colt had when they were young. with VY they were a running team with benson and had big play recievers and TE's. Colt had quaulity recievers and TE's as well along with Charles.

now look at this years team. we didn't just lose a QB but quality recievers as well, mainly shipley. texas is young and inexperienced at WR. it comes with playing QB that people are gonna throw blame but mark my words, GG will carry on the tradition of texas of QB's. Just gonna have to take this year in stride and bounce back.

i will say that i'm not a fan of the O-Line, that is one change i would say needs to happen.

eagles_victory
10-23-2010, 08:49 PM
At some point, doesn't a QB make their weapons around them better. Im not trying to pile on Gilbert but you can't put all the blame on the skill position players. Yea the skill position guys aren't that great yeah the o-line isnt that great but Gilbert just isnt making any throws he could of easily had 6 or 7 ints today somewhere along the line there is some accountability on the QB.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 08:53 PM
At some point, doesn't a QB make their weapons around them better. Im not trying to pile on Gilbert but you can't put all the blame on the skill position players. Yea the skill position guys aren't that great yeah the o-line isnt that great but Gilbert just isnt making any throws he could of easily had 6 or 7 ints today somewhere along the line there is some accountability on the QB.

oh I agree 100%..but a young QBs needs talented exp weapons around him as he finds he level of play..VY had that, Colt had that...GG came into this season forced to make others better from the get go instead others making him better at the beginning

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Y'all crack me up! Some of you act like he's a seasoned veteran. Did he ever ONCE see the field last year before he got thrown to the wolves against 'Bama? It's not like Colt graduating should have been some big freaking surprise - they should have given Gilbert reps during last season.

What's the cast around him? Who surrounded Colt as a freshman or Vince when he first was vying for the starting spot? Hell, they designed the freaking offense around Vince! The biggest thing is that *some* UT fans act like the Horns aren't allowed to have a not so super year. How do you not see this coming? :doh: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The biggest thing is that *some* UT fans act like the Horns aren't allowed to have a not so super year. How do you not see this coming? :doh: :doh:

yep.alot of UT fans forget the 5-6 records UT had in the 90's and assume 11-1,12-0 type years will always be there

LHdog
10-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Texas is just not very good yet. Gilbert has a long way to go and I'm not sure he has the inner fire to be the leader he needs to be. However, I hope the Aggies beat Texas this year. Then maybe, Gregg Davis will "retire" and Todd Dodge will take over as OC.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:41 PM
yep.alot of UT fans forget the 5-6 records UT had in the 90's and assume 11-1,12-0 type years will always be there Seems that way....amazing how quickly some people forget. There were days UT was horrible, and A&M was good, Alabama was horrible, and Florida was horrible, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. were king. Things change. Nobody stays on top forever and/or 100% of the time. There are peaks and valleys for everyone. This season has been a "Welcome back down to Earth" experience some fans, and not just UT fans.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Seems that way....amazing how quickly some people forget. .

honestly I dont think it is forget as much as the core group of UT fans yelling and screaming are not old enough to remember..I grew up thru the lean years after 83 to the MAck Brown era when a win over NC in the sun bowl was a big friggin deal.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:50 PM
honestly I dont think it is forget as much as the core group of UT fans yelling and screaming are not old enough to remember..I grew up thru the lean years after 83 to the MAck Brown era when a win over NC in the sun bowl was a big friggin deal. very possible. Yet, at the same time, It seems to me that people get used to things being a certain way and don't like when the rug is yanked out from under them so to speak and their "world" comes crashing down around them. Most don't adjust to it well to start with.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I love how folks decide someone's career from 6 games..look at his WRs..now look at who Colt threw to when he was a Rs Freshman starter...look at Colt's O-line and RB...give Gilbert those weapons and I think he does as well if not better than Colt

So why didn't you stand up for JJ when he has only had 3? ;)

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
At any rate....it's not gonna change this year UT fans....so....take a word of advice from an A&M fan .....who is USED to cheering for a struggling program fighting to find it's identity and just stay loyal, ride the wave good or bad, and hope for better things next year.

CHEERS!

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So why didn't you stand up for JJ when he has only had 3? ;)

first off..I have never commented on JJ..2nd I dont watch A&M football except agianst UT and maybe one or two other games a year.

Eagle 1
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't have a dog in this scuffle, I just like watching all the ut fans squirm. :D

http://i54.tinypic.com/vzj0o9.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:58 PM
first off..I have never commented on JJ..2nd I dont watch A&M football except agianst UT and maybe one or two other games a year.

That doesn't mean that it wasn't an observation you could have made...you did comment, so you did have the opportunity. I was just wondering why you decided not to?

Is it because you were just completely apathetic about Jerrod? Or because you secretly have a man-crush on Garrett Gilbert. I heard he's a real hit with the ladies.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 10:06 PM
That doesn't mean that it wasn't an observation you could have made...you did comment, so you did have the opportunity. I was just wondering why you decided not to?

Is it because you were just completely apathetic about Jerrod? Or because you secretly have a man-crush on Garrett Gilbert. I heard he's a real hit with the ladies.

actually I commented on YOUR view that a college football player should not be criticized..seeing as again I have MAYBE seen 3 games that JJ has played in I honestly dont have an opinion about his play( especially this year when I have not seen ONE A&M game).

wow really Gary? so are u insuating I am a female or gay? because either way pretty classless when I have not once attacked you.

eagleqb_14
10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
texas isnt very good this year:(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 10:49 PM
actually I commented on YOUR view that a college football player should not be criticized..seeing as again I have MAYBE seen 3 games that JJ has played in I honestly dont have an opinion about his play( especially this year when I have not seen ONE A&M game).

wow really Gary? so are u insuating I am a female or gay? because either way pretty classless when I have not once attacked you.

I'm not insinuating anything, you're just taking me far too seriously when you shouldn't. Which isn't your fault at all, I thought that me being a smartass was a given. I'm sorry that it upset you, I figured you would be one right back. I really didn't mean to offend you.

shamu85
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Having seen Garrett Gilbert play a lot in HS, I believe he will be a Heisman finalist if not winner before he leaves UT. That said, his throws don't look like they are coming with very much confidence right now. Part of that is his receivers. They are all, with the exception of Mike Davis, very lazy. Bad routes, alligator arms, etc., especially Williams. He stumbled several times today on the simple slant route, which was there if he had just run the route correctly. And Kuykendoll (missing an H somewhere?) is great in space, but rarely gets separation when needed. He is the worst about alligator arming it, too. The pass to Newton today was a bad pass, no doubt about it, though.

As for JJ, it was stunning how bad a lot of his throws were against Mizzou. Swope was open I don't know how many times and he threw it in the ground. Don't know what has happened to him, but he has looked terrible the last few weeks, not at all like he did at the end of last season. And he needs to learn how to avoid the rush again. He takes way too many sacks for BIG losses. He even took some tonight in the game against a terrible Kansas team.

Both are better QBs than they are showing right now, IMO.

Txbroadcaster
10-23-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm not insinuating anything, you're just taking me far too seriously when you shouldn't. Which isn't your fault at all, I thought that me being a smartass was a given. I'm sorry that it upset you, I figured you would be one right back. I really didn't mean to offend you.

DUDE..CMON..thought you would remember our old battles lol..it is all good

eagles_victory
10-24-2010, 12:51 AM
yep.alot of UT fans forget the 5-6 records UT had in the 90's and assume 11-1,12-0 type years will always be there I agree it is always sweeter as a fan when you have been through the struggles (being a Ranger fan). But when you go from playing in the National Title to losing back to back home games to Iowa St. and UCLA in embarassing fashion people are going to be pissed. I don't think it is the team is struggling as much as how they are playing. You have a roster full of blue chip prospects and no production a team that is unwatchable on offense they are so bad. That is what makes it frustrating.

Also, I think people overrate what Vince had around him to a degree... Sweed was a decent reciever but it isnt like he is killing it in the NFL. Vince made him look like a star Billy Pittman had an amazing year the next year without VY he struggled to make an impact and hadn't done much at all before that season. The team was full of unproven running backs with Cedric Benson having left. Ill give you that the defense was loaded and the offensive line was light years ahead but if you go back to the 05 season and think the skill position guys didn't look that much better or that much promising than they did this year. Vince made most of those skill position guys so much better with what he could do. I just don't see that with Garret at this point.

@Deb GG got reps last year in a lot of blowout action but you can't really blame the coaching staff for that hard to get anybody prepared to be a full time starter with mop up duty. A lot of things played into the lack of depth at the position at UT John Chiles was such a huge bust Im having a hard time remembering if his last name is Chiles or Childs. Harris never lived up to what he was suppose to be and eventually quit. Brantley decomitted late and went to Florida.I think not having another option to go to in situations where Gilbert is struggling really handcuffs what the team can do.

sinton66
10-24-2010, 08:42 AM
No team can stay on top forever. Everyone goes through reloading years and struggle until the "team" gels. Sounds to me like UT has some "fair weather" fans. Patience is a virture.

3afan
10-24-2010, 08:51 AM
UT is on the 2nd best streak in NCAA D-I history wrt 10 win seasons ... it had to end sooner or later. still one of the top 5 programs in D-I, even if they do "only" win 8-9 games in 2010

OldBison75
10-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Get off Gilbert's back. Yes , he is not performing like a great college QB and is making some poor reads right now--IN HIS FIRST YEAR of on field competition. BUT, there are 10 other players on the field every play on the Longhorn team. How many times have those bad reads happened when he was under pressure because of poor blocking. How many time has he had to throw into coverage because his receivers could not find an open hole. McCoy was a master at finding ways to buy time and his receivers could improvise and find open areas for him to throw to. If they did not, McCoy could and would run very effectively. And, everybody knows that Young was at his best when running for his life and improvising a big play.

Gilbert seems to be trying too hard to make the big play and therefor taking chances in the passing game, but then if he threw away the ball when there was no one open, we would crucify him for throwing it into the stands all the time.

Gilbert will be okay, but he needs a better supporting cast right now and that will come with the next recruiting class and the developement of this bunch for another year.

Emerson1
10-24-2010, 10:04 AM
The Rangers are in the world series and Baylor is first in the Big 12 south. There are always those weird years where the tables turn.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-24-2010, 10:35 AM
DUDE..CMON..thought you would remember our old battles lol..it is all good

Oh, good, you were only being sarcastic. For a second there, I thought I might have to pull out the crying baby pictures for you. Or maybe a picture of a sad clown.

Old Tiger
10-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In every NCAA Football 11 dynasty I played Texas was pretty bad the first year then returned to normal dominance after. In NCAA Connor Wood does better than GG...just sayin.

JasperDog94
10-24-2010, 12:13 PM
While I am frustrated I will reserve judgment on Gilbert for now. I will trust Mack to make the right decisions. I figure he knows a lot more about football than I do. Plus he's got one more NC ring than I currently have.;)

That doesn't mean that I'm not upset about the way they've been playing, but let's see how the rest of this year plays out and we'll go from there.

Hook 'em!

eagles_victory
10-24-2010, 12:13 PM
No team can stay on top forever. Everyone goes through reloading years and struggle until the "team" gels. Sounds to me like UT has some "fair weather" fans. Patience is a virture. I disagree fair weather fans wouldn't post on this thread they would just say well were losing but Baylors looking good this year let me join that banwagon.

sinton66
10-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I disagree fair weather fans wouldn't post on this thread they would just say well were losing but Baylors looking good this year let me join that banwagon.

Fine, maybe I should have said SPOILED FANS.:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
10-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I disagree fair weather fans wouldn't post on this thread they would just say well were losing but Baylors looking good this year let me join that banwagon.

Everyone get on!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

rockdale80
10-24-2010, 12:45 PM
All I hear is a bunch of excuses on how everyone around GG is terrible and he "isnt that bad". A QB is supposed to be the leader of the team and he isnt leading. I guess my opinion that he isnt performing like a 5 star commit is silly because he is doing so good?

A 5 star commit in a premier program is expected to do more than he has so far and my thoughts on that wont change. Will he be good, probably so, but he is far from it at the moment. None of them are performing and that is why Texas is mediocre and not playing quality football.

Txbroadcaster
10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh, good, you were only being sarcastic. For a second there, I thought I might have to pull out the crying baby pictures for you. Or maybe a picture of a sad clown.

u start throwing around clown pics then i am going to have to press charges cause those are NOT COOL

eagles_victory
10-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Everyone get on!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: lol I know a lot of people who are on. Ill always ride or die with the Burnt Orange more like dying this year but it happens.

Daddy D 11
10-24-2010, 01:07 PM
lol I know a lot of people who are on. Ill always ride or die with the Burnt Orange more like dying this year but it happens.

Yeah, both my parents are UT alums and I have over a half dozen aunts and uncles that graduated as well from UT. So trust me, burnt orange runs in these veins. Atleast the worst Texas year in 10 years has been replaced with the best Baylor year in 16! I'll take this any day if it means "my" school continues to win lol "their" school has enjoyed it for too long. And while I hope UT is back on top again next year, this year is all about the Bears haha

The offense had 685 total yards yesterday lmao

I bet there's some people in Austin that would rather have Briles calling the plays for the Horns rather than freaking Greg Davis.

Eagle 1
10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
:1popcorn:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
i said it this summer and i will say it again, connor wood is better.. hands down

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Vince was 30-2 as a starter with 10+ come from behind victories.

And he was Vince. There are very few that will ever suit up that can pull off what he would do.

Take him out of that team and 9 out of those 10 comebacks wouldn't have happened.

Colt and Vince were both great... but both had some tough times in their first 11 games.

This season is already a tosser... give Gilbert time before you throw him on the Chris Sims pile.

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
And he was Vince. There are very few that will ever suit up that can pull off what he would do.

Take him out of that team and 9 out of those 10 comebacks wouldn't have happened.

Colt and Vince were both great... but both had some tough times in their first 11 games.

This season is already a tosser... give Gilbert time before you throw him on the Chris Sims pile. Even in Colts worse year as a starting QB he was ranked 24 in passer rating in the country and threw for 22 TD and 18 INT and 4 rushing TD

2003 Vince

6 TD 7 INT and 11 rushing TD....only had 143 passing attempts.

Through 7 games GG has 6 TD and 8 INT and 2 rushing TD

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
honestly I dont think it is forget as much as the core group of UT fans yelling and screaming are not old enough to remember..I grew up thru the lean years after 83 to the MAck Brown era when a win over NC in the sun bowl was a big friggin deal.

AMEN.

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Fine, maybe I should have said SPOILED FANS.:rolleyes:

Funnest post in thread so far!

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Even in Colts worse year as a starting QB he was ranked 24 in passer rating in the country and threw for 22 TD and 18 INT and 4 rushing TD

2003 Vince

6 TD 7 INT and 11 rushing TD....only had 143 passing attempts.

Through 7 games GG has 6 TD and 8 INT and 2 rushing TD

Again..give GG the proven talent Colt and VY had to begin their careers and I think we see a different offense