PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream Match-Up

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 01:39 AM
What's yours?

Mine has been for the Needville Blue Jays (town I live in now and where my daughter will attend school and be raised) against Ingleside (town there I grew up and attended school) to meet up in the playoffs. WELL....I MAY just get my wish.

At a glance Ingleside appears to be a slightly more balanced team who likes to air it out and has the ability to score fast.

Needville on the other hand likes to keep it on the ground and runs more of a ball control, clock grinding style of offense.

Ingleside showed they turn the ball over some tonight against Mathis. Needville is very methodical and doesn't turn the ball over too much.

Needville has been plagued by injury this year. I BELIEVE they are on about their 3rd QB and their "star" player is injured as well.

Ingleside has had a few troubles of their own and I believe they are fairly young (or so I'm told).

Needville is 4-4 on the season

Ingleside is 5-3 on the season?

Some stats.......

Needville:

2370 Total Yds Offense
1856 Rushing Yds
514 Passing Yds
121 1st Downs
5.43 Yds/Att Rushing
14.69 Yds/Catch Receiving

Ingleside:

2473 Total Yds Offense
888 Rushing Yds
1585 Passing Yds
123 1st Downs
4.1 Yds/Att Rushing
7.8 Yds/Catch Rec.

Opponents....

Needville:

Edna L 7-21
Columbus L 10-25
Houston Kashmere W 24-22
Smithville W 33-7
Bellville W 14-7
Sealy L 6-38
West Columbia L 7-38
Wharton W 40-21

Ingleside:

Tuloso-Midway W 42-14
Zapata L 19-26
Beeville W 30-14
West Oso W 21-13
Robstown L 30-38
Goliad W 42-6
Sinton L 12-49
Mathis W 42-35

It would APPEAR that Needville has had a tougher schedule....but....that's all speculation.

On PAPER at least...this one looks like a match between two TOTALLY different teams, but none the less promises to be exciting....for me at least!!!

I REALLY hope this one happens!!!

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 10:11 AM
REALLY....none of you have a match up that you'd love to see? You guys are no fun.

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Brownwood vs Carthage

big daddy russ
10-23-2010, 10:21 AM
B, I've got one. Ingleside vs. Aransas Pass in the Regional Final.

As for you, which side of the stadium would you be sitting on?

Bullaholic
10-23-2010, 10:28 AM
If only it could be so-----Brownwood vs Celina

Instant 3ADL post and view record thread......:D

bobcat4life
10-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Celina-Brownwood
Gilmer-Celina
Carthage-Celina
Brownwood-Argyle
Argyle-Celina
Gilmer-Brownwood
Kirbyville-Brownwood
Kirbyville-Cuero

garciap77
10-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Brownwood vs Abilene High!:D

:stirpot:

;)

LionFan72
10-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

;)

Only team around Abilene that could play with us, imho! your puddogs are going down!

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
B, I've got one. Ingleside vs. Aransas Pass in the Regional Final.

As for you, which side of the stadium would you be sitting on? I'll be wearing Blue & White and shouting "GO BIG BLUE"......wait...that doesn't work does it? LOL. I'd honestly be happy w/ the outcome either way, but I haven't lived in Ingleside in years, I don't know anyone there associated w/ the school system anymore...my life is here, my family is here, my daughter will attend school here, my future is here. So I gotta go w/ Needville.

the genious
10-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Th wood against sealy/wimberly

Rocket
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by the genious
Th wood against sealy/wimberly

I think Wood-Wimbo is a big possibility. I hope it happens.

Rocket
10-23-2010, 05:21 PM

;)

The Wylie Nassers are going down! haha

I think Brownwood-Celina would be an AWESOME game to watch. 15 State Titles represented.

garciap77
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I think Wood-Wimbo is a big possibility. I hope it happens.

And lose for the second straight year! LOL

OH! Wait! That did not happen!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

;)

pirate4state
10-23-2010, 07:19 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

;) :2thumbsup good one :D

pirate4state
10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh and Sinton-v-Sealy would be fun :D

garciap77
10-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Oh and Sinton-v-Sealy would be fun :D

I would love to catch that one!:)

sandbagger
10-23-2010, 07:41 PM
The Wylie Nassers are going down! haha

I think Brownwood-Celina would be an AWESOME game to watch. 15 State Titles represented. Rocket your finally wrong. this would not be much of a game, celina is not in bwood class. The combined w/L record of their non dist. opponents is 20-29, and if you throw out 2A melissa and the church school it is 8-24 against 3A schools. Although they are undefeated its all smoke and mirrors. Butch is hiding problems and all the pumkin heads know it.

garciap77
10-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by sandbagger
Rocket your finally wrong. this would not be much of a game, celina is not in bwood class. The combined w/L record of their non dist. opponents is 20-29, and if you throw out 2A melissa and the church school it is 8-24 against 3A schools. Although they are undefeated its all smoke and mirrors. Butch is hiding problems and all the pumkin heads know it.

Sandbagger!:D

;)

Gobbler Fan
10-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Cuero - WOS

M-town lobo fan
10-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Anthony vs Brownwood :)

garciap77
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Anthony vs Brownwood :)

:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
REALLY....none of you have a match up that you'd love to see? You guys are no fun.

I can't believe nobody else has thought of this.

http://scifipulse.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/amber-heard-maxim-3.jpg and http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2008/01/21/jennifer-love-hewitt/jennifer-love-hewitt-2-gm_l3.jpg

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I can't believe nobody else has thought of this.

http://scifipulse.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/amber-heard-maxim-3.jpg and http://cdn2.maxim.com/maxim/files/2008/01/21/jennifer-love-hewitt/jennifer-love-hewitt-2-gm_l3.jpg No...no....you're right on time. :D

orange machine
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Rocket your finally wrong. this would not be much of a game, celina is not in bwood class. The combined w/L record of their non dist. opponents is 20-29, and if you throw out 2A melissa and the church school it is 8-24 against 3A schools. Although they are undefeated its all smoke and mirrors. Butch is hiding problems and all the pumkin heads know it.
Yep Celins sucks they are just dreadful this is the worst Celina team ever, I think the Prosper 7th grade team would whip Celina's varsity they are so bad. Please keep thinking that I hope everybody thinks that.

Rocket
10-23-2010, 11:41 PM

I have never been more right. My face would be hurting from all the laughing and smiling while I watch my Lions hang 49 in the first half. Then we put our JV in to finish them off. That, my friend, would be an AWESOME game.

trojandad
10-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Cuero - WOS

is this an old smoldering playoff loss talking?? just curious

Gobbler Fan
10-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
is this an old smoldering playoff loss talking?? just curious
2 teams Ive always wanted to see us play ...Gilmer and WOS. We got to played Gilmer in a Classic last year in the State Semi Finals . The answer is no ...Cuero and WOS have never played .

Ranger Mom
10-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If only it could be so-----Brownwood vs Celina

Instant 3ADL post and view record thread......:D

That was my first thought too!!

sandbagger
10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Yep Celins sucks they are just dreadful this is the worst Celina team ever, I think the Prosper 7th grade team would whip Celina's varsity they are so bad. Please keep thinking that I hope everybody thinks that. Yea yall said the same thing last year. How'd that work out for ya.

orange machine
10-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Yea yall said the same thing last year. How'd that work out for ya.
Your right Celina is just awful the offense averages around 500 yards a game the qb has only thrown for around 1300 yards so far this year there is only one runningback that is closing in on 1,000 yards with two others with only over 500 yards. The defense isn't coming around at all they only have like 20 sacks. Anyways this team might as well just not show up in bi district because they will be exposed because coach Ford is hiding all kinds of things :rolleyes:. Sandbagger you and whoever else thinks these things are in for a rude awakening. The real truth is the offense is explosive and can score just about everytime. The defense has not been as good as in years past, but are getting better every week and have gone from a very avg. D to a good D. The defense will and can make enough stops to allow the offense to do it's thing. When Prosper gets knocked out after the 1st round you can come and watch Celina.

trojandad
10-24-2010, 11:10 AM
2 teams Ive always wanted to see us play ...Gilmer and WOS. We got to played Gilmer in a Classic last year in the State Semi Finals . The answer is no ...Cuero and WOS have never played .

i've wanted a rematch with sealy....in the semi finals game in 96 our rb, isaac white, went out with a fractured ankle in the first minute of the game, sealy took a 21-0 lead.....he taped it up, sucked it up, ran for over 200 in the 2nd half and the game ended with sealy winning 21-14 and we were on their 4 yd line....

even tho we made it to the final game in 92, ive always felt this was our best chance to win it all, as sealy only beat commerce 21-20 the next week for the championship....we've been unlucky the two times we've made a drive to state, catching southlake's streak in 92 and sealy's streak in 96.....southlake will stay 5a but i'd sure like to match up with sealy once more.....

Rocket
10-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Your right Celina is just awful the offense averages around 500 yards a game the qb has only thrown for around 1300 yards so far this year there is only one runningback that is closing in on 1,000 yards with two others with only over 500 yards. The defense isn't coming around at all they only have like 20 sacks. Anyways this team might as well just not show up in bi district because they will be exposed because coach Ford is hiding all kinds of things :rolleyes:. Sandbagger you and whoever else thinks these things are in for a rude awakening. The real truth is the offense is explosive and can score just about everytime. The defense has not been as good as in years past, but are getting better every week and have gone from a very avg. D to a good D. The defense will and can make enough stops to allow the offense to do it's thing. When Prosper gets knocked out after the 1st round you can come and watch Celina.

Versus who?

Rocket
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Just remember, Brownwood tried to schedule Celina, but Ford was set on playing weak 3As and a 2A.

Daddy D 11
10-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Not wanting to rain on your parade Rodney, but Brownwoods schedule has been weak as well. Stephenville is the only decent team on it, maybe maybe Snyder.

Rocket
10-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Not wanting to rain on your parade Rodney, but Brownwoods schedule has been weak as well. Stephenville is the only decent team on it, maybe maybe Snyder.

All we can do is go on win losses. Brownwood is consistently spanking teams with winning records. Celina can't say that.

orange machine
10-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Just remember, Brownwood tried to schedule Celina, but Ford was set on playing weak 3As and a 2A.
Come on dude you are sounding like Prosper people again. Hey if you and whoever wants to think Celina is no good or weak by all means please continue to think that way. Ive seen enough Celina football with comparable schedules to have a pretty good idea of the out come by the end of the season and that is usually December.

orange machine
10-24-2010, 02:03 PM
All we can do is go on win losses. Brownwood is consistently spanking teams with winning records. Celina can't say that.
If Celina gets the hardware at the end of the year then what?

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 02:18 PM
How did this become a BW/Celina thread? Please see my sig line, thank you.

orange machine
10-24-2010, 02:31 PM
How did this become a BW/Celina thread? Please see my sig line, thank you.
You can thank Sandbagger and Rocket for that. Haven't you learned yet that the only team that matters in the state is Brownwood.;)

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
You can thank Sandbagger and Rocket for that. Haven't you learned yet that the only team that matters in the state is Brownwood.;) That's the rumor....till they get thrashed by AW and then get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

sandbagger
10-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Come on dude you are sounding like Prosper people again. Hey if you and whoever wants to think Celina is no good or weak by all means please continue to think that way. Ive seen enough Celina football with comparable schedules to have a pretty good idea of the out come by the end of the season and that is usually December. December. LOL

Gobbler Fan
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Why cant dont you guys just answer a simple question ? This thread isint about Brownwood or Celina the chest thumping act gets old after a while believe it or not .:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Why cant dont you guys just answer a simple question ? This thread isint about Brownwood or Celina the chest thumping act gets old after a while believe it or not .:rolleyes: What GF said. You guys constantly like to talk about how many times you've "been there"....so act like it. :doh:

bobcat4life
10-24-2010, 04:28 PM
December. LOL Prosper will lose in the playoffs long before Celina does. Mark it down and put it in 6 inch headlines.

Enjoy your only championship while we make the drive for 9

IHStangFan
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
Prosper will lose in the playoffs long before Celina does. Mark it down and put it in 6 inch headlines.

Enjoy your only championship while we make the drive for 9 see my above post. If you wanna have a junk measuring contest, please start your own thread. Thanks.

garciap77
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
That's the rumor....till they get thrashed by AW and then get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1.jpg

:D

;)