PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs Navarro Reg 4 GOW?

bag-o-chips
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Wimberley 8-0 against Navarro 7-1 who just moved up from 2a!
Both are 3-0 in District. What are your thoughts?

CueroDad08
10-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Wimberley 8-0 against Navarro 7-1 who just moved up from 2a!
Both are 3-0 in District. What are your thoughts?

Going to be tuff to get enough votes over 30-3A

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 12:33 AM
In my opinion...this shouldn't be the game of the week for Region 4. It's my view that the GOTW should be a competitive game...I predict we will roll them easily. If I am wrong, I will say so. But I think we will easily beat Navarro. Easily.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 01:17 AM
good choice...but D29 District Champ. is on the line this week in the Sweeny -vs- West Columbia game more than likely.....UNLESS Needville can pull off the upset when they play Sweeny. Even then I'm not sure that unseats Sweeny.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
In my opinion...this shouldn't be the game of the week for Region 4. It's my view that the GOTW should be a competitive game...I predict we will roll them easily. If I am wrong, I will say so. But I think we will easily beat Navarro. Easily.
Hold your horses, wimpy. Beat them? Likely... Easily? Their HC has seen you guys in the past on the field, though not too recently. Still...

sports mom
10-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Where is the game being played?

bag-o-chips
10-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Wimberley

clhsdad
10-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

I agree Wimbo-Pro this game is not going to be anywhere near as close as many think. Wimberley is tough against the run and they hit you hard. I may be wrong but don't believe Navarro will run against the Texans like they have against other teams. Navarro also has some questions on pass defense. Texans roll big time.

bag-o-chips
10-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Just remember cldad that Navarro stopped themselves on 2 opening drives and yes you had 2 long pass plays in the first half but that dried up in the 2nd half. The hawks also had no clue how to stop the run. Navarro was picked 5th in the district and quietly have rolled pretty good. Make no mistake this upcoming week is a huge challenge and Wimberley desrves their ranking and accolades. They are a program to admire and have a great HC and staff! I think the Panthers are happy with how things have gone but they will show up and play! I look forward to a great game from both teams!

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips
Just remember cldad that Navarro stopped themselves on 2 opening drives and yes you had 2 long pass plays in the first half but that dried up in the 2nd half. The hawks also had no clue how to stop the run. Navarro was picked 5th in the district and quietly have rolled pretty good. Make no mistake this upcoming week is a huge challenge and Wimberley desrves their ranking and accolades. They are a program to admire and have a great HC and staff! I think the Panthers are happy with how things have gone but they will show up and play! I look forward to a great game from both teams!

Me too Bag...and I certainly meant no disrespect to Navarro. And you are right, not many folks thought they would do as well as they have thus far. I just dont see a way for them to pull this off. Whether or not its even close will be up to the Texans.

Again...this is just my opinion, and if I am wrong, I'll be here to eat crow.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hold your horses, wimpy. Beat them? Likely... Easily? Their HC has seen you guys in the past on the field, though not too recently. Still...

Oh hush LHPM!!! LOL

clhsdad
10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Navarro beat Canyon Lake like a drum no doubt about it and I give them all the credit in the world they have proved themselves well. They seamed to be wll coached and play hard and are very talented hopefully it continues this next week. I just don't believe they have seen a team this year the caliber of Wimberley.

NastySlot
10-23-2010, 09:46 AM
slot t i love it.

gold_33
10-23-2010, 10:33 AM
If we come out and play like we did in the first half of last night then Navarro will beat us because that was terrible. 2nd half we played better but we cant play down to our competition or were gonna get beat. We dont need to overlook Navarro bc they are a pretty good football team, I do believe that our run D is pretty strong and I dont think a running team can beat us if we play our game and dont show up just expecting to win. I think we will win but I dont think we are gonna roll them like people think.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by gold_33
If we come out and play like we did in the first half of last night then Navarro will beat us because that was terrible. 2nd half we played better but we cant play down to our competition or were gonna get beat. We dont need to overlook Navarro bc they are a pretty good football team, I do believe that our run D is pretty strong and I dont think a running team can beat us if we play our game and dont show up just expecting to win. I think we will win but I dont think we are gonna roll them like people think.

Yeah, I heard we looked sloppy. But, we have seen this before, and I have faith that Nelms and staff will pull it together for the play offs.