PDA

View Full Version : Robstown vs Raymondville

megaman2184
10-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Both Robstown and Raymondville are heading to the playoffs, this game will decide who wins 31-3A. For Robstown, winning this game will be all the hard work paying off up to this point. I look for Robstown opening up the playbook and start adding points. Defense will be key for the 'Pickers and have been playing fantastic. Keep the turnovers low, win the TOP and have the D play lights out.

Robstown 34
Raymondville 28

We are one step closer from bringing a district title to 'Pickerland and to the Coastal Bend. GO RED!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Raymondville is firing on all cylinders right now and has way too many weapons for Robstown to try and stop.

Raymondville should win by 14+

sinton66
10-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Raymondville is firing on all cylinders right now and has way too many weapons for Robstown to try and stop.

Wow stranger! Here's a screen name I haven't seen in a while.;)

megaman2184
10-22-2010, 11:42 PM

Robe will be ready for those screen passes Rayville likes to throw.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Raymondville should win by 14+ :thinking: More weapons than Refugio and Sinton ? Robstown is well prepared for speed and high power offenses. They held their own against both, costly turnovers that were return for tds in both games proved costly.

Robstown by 14 points.

megaman2184
10-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:thinking: More weapons than Refugio and Sinton ? Robstown is well prepared for speed and high power offenses. They held their own against both, costly turnovers that were return for tds in both games proved costly.

Robstown by 14 points.

Bingo! Turnovers will be key in this game and with Robstown D buckling down at the right time. Robstown's time to peak will happen next week.

megaman2184
10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Bumping this thread for more traffic hits and spies. :)

SintonFan
10-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Robstown will have to play with much less turnovers to win this game. They don't need to play perfect, but need to kill those bad situational errors.

Raymondville is very stout. They should be favored.

megaman2184
10-27-2010, 05:45 PM
The only team beating Robstown in ths game is Robstown themselves. Been chatting with my cousin who starts for the 'Pickers and from the sound of him, this team is prepared. Coaching staff is gameplanning non-stop and are well prepared for Raymondville's attack. Like I said before, this 'Pickers D is peaking at the right time. They have been picking up the slack after foolish turnovers by the offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by megaman2184
The only team beating Robstown in ths game is Robstown themselves. Been chatting with my cousin who starts for the 'Pickers and from the sound of him, this team is prepared. Coaching staff is gameplanning non-stop and are well prepared for Raymondville's attack. Like I said before, this 'Pickers D is peaking at the right time. They have been picking up the slack after foolish turnovers by the offense. Good head coach and staff, it will be a tight game but i think Robstown can put it away with a late time consuming drive. Robstown by 10

megaman2184
10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Yup, this team wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Coach Wood and his staff. They set up a pre-season schedule for district games like this. Lol I can't wait to see Robstown bring home a district title. This will do wonders to the community and Coastal Bend IMO. Not just a baseball town anymore either.

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Pickers pick apart Raymondville 35-10

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Just walking into the stadium. GO RED! Time to bring us home a title.

sinton3055
10-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Lets go Robstown, bring the title to the Coastal Bend:clap:

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 07:43 PM
7-0 Robstown. Flores to Gaona TD pass. Robstown ran the ball fantasic and controlled the clock. 6:43 1st

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Jesus Guerrero ejected from the game.

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
Jesus Guerrero ejected from the game.

Which team?:(

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Which team?:(

Robe

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 07:59 PM
7-0 Robstown end of 1st. Robstonw killing clock and moving the ball well.

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 08:11 PM
7-7

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Let's go Pickers!:clap:

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 08:28 PM
7-7 half

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 08:30 PM
7-7 halftime. I hate to be that "guy" but these refs are really out to get Robstown. Robstowns D looking fantastic again and making plays. Offense running the ball fantastic aswell. I look for Robstown to getting more points and hold onto that ball.

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Got some time to build momentum.
Go Pickers Go! :clap:

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Momentum is ours the 2nd half. :)

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 09:12 PM
10-7 Rville

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Come on Pickers!
Pick it up!
:) :clap: :)

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 09:30 PM
17-7 Rville

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Time for Robstown to assert themselves!:mad:

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Brandon Garza from Robstown taken off the field via ambulance with a leg injury.

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 09:47 PM
17-13. Randy Flores with td. Robstown attempts 2 point conversion but fails. They can't kick since the kicker was ejected.

SintonFan
10-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
Brandon Garza from Robstown taken off the field via ambulance with a leg injury.

Prayers that he is ok...

Be_Advised
10-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Prayers that he is ok...

I figure he is since he got out of the ambulance with crutches and is now on the sidelines.

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 10:21 PM
17-13 final. Good game to both teams. Pickers fought hard but losing our kicker played huge in this game. We left points on the field but congrads anyway to Raymondville. The refs on the other hand just showed there colors tonight. Guess its true the Valley will pull off all the stops to get after the teams up north. I'm so mad right now, words can't express my emotions or ill probably get banned from here. We will get it together next week and finish strong for the playoffs. GO RED!

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2010, 10:49 PM
We left points on the field but congrads anyway to Raymondville. The refs on the other hand just showed there colors tonight. Guess its true the Valley will pull off all the stops to get after the teams up north.

Incredibly weak comment. You were outplayed and like you said yall left too many points on the field...how many times did we stop Robstown at the goal line? To follow that up how many coaches would go on 4th and long at your own 10 yd line? Crow sucks I know but don't send blame to the refs or anyone else there were bad call for both sides. At the end of the game the Kats were the better team tonight.

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Incredibly weak comment. You were outplayed and like you said yall left too many points on the field...how many times did we stop Robstown at the goal line? To follow that up how many coaches would go on 4th and long at your own 10 yd line? Crow sucks I know but don't send blame to the refs or anyone else there were bad call for both sides. At the end of the game the Kats were the better team tonight. We outplayed your team all over the field just that one big play is all it took. We out rushed you and yes had we had our kicker, we would have kept it closer and those stops on 4th down would have been money shots. So many times the play clock never start for your team and when we scored our first TD, the clock started rolling IN THE EXTRA POINT! Time management in that game was pathetic in the pressbox and not to mention then ball spots. But hey, scoreboard says it all. Take the win and enjoy it. I already sent my thanks on the valleyboards and no crow eating here.I know this game brought your cats down to earth with those 40+ points your team thought they would drop.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Robstown defense is pretty good and so is their kicker so seems without their kicker they had to go for it. Good matchup and both teams should represent well come playoff time in couple of weeks. Congrats to Raymondville on the win and district title.

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2010, 11:17 PM
Didn't bring anyone down to earth...the guys don't set out to get 40+ points they play their hearts out to win however many points they are able to put up. Tonight was a hard fought win against a tough defense. Long story short we won against a team that very few people who read this forum had us winning. It feels great! Guess there is always gonna be "that" guy bringing the excuses.

Good luck next week.

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 11:19 PM
IDK what the details for the ejections where but a warning wasn't sent out. Talked to some scouts from Lyford and they said the samething a warning should have been giving out. Not to mention those scouts from Lyford said these same refs screwed the Bulldogs over aswell. It doesn't make a difference anyway but that game was stoled from us. Normally I'm quiet about refs missed calls cause it does happen but wow. Let's see the valley spies take this to their boards and eat it up. Here's your crow!

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2010, 11:29 PM
IDK what the details for the ejections where but a warning wasn't sent out. Talked to some scouts from Lyford and they said the samething a warning should have been giving out. Not to mention those scouts from Lyford said these same refs screwed the Bulldogs over aswell. It doesn't make a difference anyway but that game was stoled from us. Normally I'm quiet about refs missed calls cause it does happen but wow. Let's see the valley spies take this to their boards and eat it up. Here's your crow!

Lame. Hearsay.

Comments like this keep me from wanting to even interact with people on sports forums. Spies? :doh:

footballgal
10-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Congrats to the Raymondville Bearkats!

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Lame. Hearsay.

Comments like this keep me from wanting to even interact with people on sports forums. Spies? :doh: then go craw back to your cave and your cheap wins. Congrads on district and make sure to cheer for the players and not when the strecher is being rolled out. Stay classy Raymondville.

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2010, 11:43 PM
then go craw back to your cave and your cheap wins. Congrads on district and make sure to cheer for the players and not when the strecher is being rolled out. Stay classy Raymondville.

No caves here just don't enjoy arguing moot points with idiots so I refrain from posting as often as most. I personally was concerned about your player being taken by stretcher as were many fans around me. If someone cheered for that I didn't hear it and thats because I was closer to the accused. I can't speak for all Raymondville fans but I always show respect to those who deserve it.

And its "congrats" as in congratulations. Have a good one.

megaman2184
10-29-2010, 11:48 PM
No caves here just don't enjoy arguing moot points with idiots so I refrain from posting as often as most. I personally was concerned about your player being taken by stretcher as were many fans around me. If someone cheered for that I didn't hear it and thats because I was closer to the accused. I can't speak for all Raymondville fans but I always show respect to those who deserve it.

And its "congrats" as in congratulations. Have a good one. LOL All that just to send an idiot blast and for a lecture on grammer. You say you don't come here to argue, then take your win. Seems like you enjoy this just as much as I do. Welcome to message boards, the way to argue through computers. Its the best thing going today. See you guys in the playoffs.

Ray_BearKat
10-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Wasn't specifically talking about you...it was a general statement but if you feel it applies to you, ok. Sorry but a one line correction hardly constitutes a grammar lecture. We'd need more one on one time for that and I'm not willing to committ to that at this point.

Good luck next week against Lyford.

megaman2184
10-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Wasn't specifically talking about you...it was a general statement but if you feel it applies to you, ok. Sorry but a one line correction hardly constitutes a grammar lecture. We'd need more one on one time for that and I'm not willing to committ to that at this point.

Good luck next week against Lyford.

Yea sure you weren't talking about me. :rolleyes: Anyway goodluck next week on whoever you got. Orange Grove I think.

SintonFan
10-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Congratulations to Raymondville on the win!
You sewed up the district title with that win.
Ray_BearKat, it is good to see you here again.:cool:

Sorry about the loss Robstown Cotton Pickers.
You guys will have a piece of the playoff action and will have a great shot at taking out your first round opponent.
:clap:

megaman2184
10-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Close lose games like this always hurt. Robstown really wanted this win so bad and the fans there put all our emotion into this game but to come back empty and never caught a break. LOL This lose hurts aint gonna lie. After sleeping it off, I feel good knowing we were the better team that night and we will be just fine. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Robstown vs Raymondville (from version2media) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_RlPECcD_0)