PDA

View Full Version : 23 3A - Home of Incredible Games

trojandad
10-22-2010, 11:06 PM
we vote each week for GOTW, but these guys are FAST gaining the rep for DOTY (district of the year).....somewhere in that district, SOMEBODY is gonna be playing a barn burner....

i know 3 teams that are gonna be battle tested when playoffs happen.....<just don't know which 3 it'll be, lol>.....

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Did you make the game?

trojandad
10-23-2010, 08:42 AM
i couldn't, am on some big time pain killers for at least another couple of weeks so i listened to it on the computer with my sweet daughter rubbing her dads feet and bringing him tea.....

that was a great game and i'm gonna miss not being able to make the wos-bc game tonite.....oh well, in everything give thanks.....

1st and goal
10-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Yep, shaping up for a big game between Giddings and Navasota. I know Nav will go D1, but not sure of playoff implications otherwise. Also, Giddings can definitely not look past Rockdale. It looks like they are coming on strong too.

Last night's game against Smithville, I think the Buffs were penalized more than Smithville's total offensive yardage. I think the refs were trying to keep it from becoming a 100 point game. I didn't see any major skirmishes but there were a bunch of personal fouls called that were "blocking in the back". The Smithville D players have perfected turning around at the last possible moment and doing some NBA class acting for taking a charge. It probably didn't help our coaches giving the zebras an ear full because of the patheticism involved.

Smithville's 1st TD was a game tying 7-7 kickoff return. Late in the game, one of our star backs came up lame with wide open lanes ahead and was trying to limp with the ball out of bounds. At the sideline, a Tiger CLOCKED him hard and no call. Had he not pulled up lame, it would have been another TD.

Anyway, Buffs won 67-14. With neutral zebras, the score would have been much worse.

PS, Trojandad, sounds like you have a great daughter!

navscanmaster
10-23-2010, 10:10 AM
After hearing Caldwell and Giddings complain about the officiating in Smithville, methinks the Rattlers may have a little trouble next game...

87 TIGER
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
In the Roc / Smith game the Officials were pretty bad. I know we had 3 TD's called back, seemed like we were penalized at least once every series for something. And the dirty play of smithville, they had a player ejected for a very late hit on our RB after a TD when he was out of the endzone slowing up on the track and a smithville guy layed him out. Yes they ejected the player but get ready Rattlers you will be penalized for everything, just get out injury free.

Old Tiger
10-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
In the Roc / Smith game the Officials were pretty bad. I know we had 3 TD's called back, seemed like we were penalized at least once every series for something. And the dirty play of smithville, they had a player ejected for a very late hit on our RB after a TD when he was out of the endzone slowing up on the track and a smithville guy layed him out. Yes they ejected the player but get ready Rattlers you will be penalized for everything, just get out injury free. Dirty hits from Smithville? For as long as I can remember Smithville has always been dirty in all levels of football. When i was in 6th grade they cheap shoted a Rockdale player who would have been very good and ended his career with a dislocated hip as well as a slith fracture to the ball joint thing inside the hip.

HEMOTOXIC
10-23-2010, 12:17 PM
A few years back, Navasota escaped Smithville with a victory, and it wasn't easy.

1st and goal
10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
We had 2 players need help getting off the field and a couple others holding their arms. I hope that both the players needing help only had cramps but I doubt it. I didn't see any blatant misconduct from my point of view. I usually watch through binoculars but was busy with kids most of last night.