PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Mathis

Pages : [1] 2

sinfan75
10-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Made sure I didn't fergit this time. LOL

IHStangFan
10-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Gimme Sinton by 2TDs. Mathis has a stable of RBs & they are tough, but after tonight it would appear if you can slow them down and have a balanced attack on O that the Lake Pirates have trouble slowing you down. Sinton will open up that passing game of theirs and it could get ugly for Mathis if they can't figure out how to stop it.

Good luck to both teams!

sinfan75
10-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Mathis has solid running game but their D has been pretty much exposed as not too solid. Sinton has solid offense period. Defense has problems with the slot T but too bad. Sinton by 14.

sinton66
10-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Where's Don Meridith when we need him?:D

OnceABucJr
10-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Turn out.............................

Blastoderm55
10-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Mathis by 6 for yet another year of tri-chanmps in 30-3A. Ingleside provided a great wake-up call.

IHStangFan
10-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Mathis by 6 for yet another year of tri-chanmps in 30-3A. Ingleside provided a great wake-up call. that'd just be a mess wouldn't it? LOL. IHS still has to beat RF which is not a given.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Mathis has to win otherwise they could be out of the playoffs with losses to Sinton and Rockport in their last two games.

pirate4state
10-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Mathis by 6 for yet another year of tri-chanmps in 30-3A. Ingleside provided a great wake-up call. I understand that anything can happen to any team, on any day, BUT with all due respect (and remember I'm saying with all due respect) if yall allowed Ingleside to score 42 points ... aye, mijo ... the REAL Pirates are coming to town. Better get ready! Our offense is so much better than Ingleside's and our D is gonna eat yall up!!!

SMACK TALK...ENGAGED :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I understand that anything can happen to any team, on any day, BUT with all due respect (and remember I'm saying with all due respect) if yall allowed Ingleside to score 42 points ... aye, mijo ... the REAL Pirates are coming to town. Better get ready! Our offense is so much better than Ingleside's and our D is gonna eat yall up!!!

SMACK TALK...ENGAGED :D Mathis can't cover man to man, Sinton played 3 down lineman on Ingleside and had their passing game covered while Mathis went in thinking they could play man to man against those receivers.

Blastoderm55
10-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I understand that anything can happen to any team, on any day, BUT with all due respect (and remember I'm saying with all due respect) if yall allowed Ingleside to score 42 points ... aye, mijo ... the REAL Pirates are coming to town. Better get ready! Our offense is so much better than Ingleside's and our D is gonna eat yall up!!!

Any given Friday. :)

IHStangFan
10-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Mathis has to win otherwise they could be out of the playoffs with losses to Sinton and Rockport in their last two games. In which case it's Sinton, Ingleside and RF? Which would mean Sinton gets big school and IHS and RF get small? SO....

Sinton gets West Columbia
Ingleside gets Needville
RF gets Sweeny

Is that correct??

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Any given Friday. :) Ingleside plays more run defense than Sinton so that has me a little concern if Sinton doesnt play the run more from the start and not sit back and play bend but dont break.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
In which case it's Sinton, Ingleside and RF? Which would mean Sinton gets big school and IHS and RF get small? SO....

Ingleside gets Needville
RF gets Sweeny

Is that correct?? RF gets big school, their biggest in our district.

Blastoderm55
10-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Mathis can't cover man to man, Sinton played 3 down lineman on Ingleside and had their passing game covered while Mathis went in thinking they could play man to man against those receivers.

They may have been able to if they would have jammed them at the line instead of playing ten yards off and still getting burned. When they played up, they got burned by the jump-ball. When they played back, it was the ten-yard out pattern. Sinton will pose a whole other monster for Mathis, as their passing scheme is more complex than what Ingleside brought. They're going to have to play zone, big time.

sinton66
10-22-2010, 11:32 PM
In which case it's Sinton, Ingleside and RF? Which would mean Sinton gets big school and IHS and RF get small? SO....

Ingleside gets Needville
RF gets Sweeny

Is that correct??

No RF is the largest.

IHStangFan
10-22-2010, 11:33 PM
RF gets big school, their biggest in our district. AH...but that doesn't effect the possibility of a Needville/IHS match up right? YAY!!

My money says RF would get thrashed by WC.

Sinton/Sweeny....toss up. Sweeny appears to be down a bit this year.

sinfan75
10-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Mathis can't cover man to man, Sinton played 3 down lineman on Ingleside and had their passing game covered while Mathis went in thinking they could play man to man against those receivers. Surely the Mathis coach didn't sacrifice a game to hide the defense he's gonna throw at Sinton.:thinking:

Necked
10-22-2010, 11:36 PM
last game of year is Sweeny /Needville. That will determine Div II seeding...

sinton66
10-22-2010, 11:37 PM
They may have been able to if they would have jammed them at the line instead of playing ten yards off and still getting burned. When they played up, they got burned by the jump-ball. When they played back, it was the ten-yard out pattern. Sinton will pose a whole other monster for Mathis, as their passing scheme is more complex than what Ingleside brought. They're going to have to play zone, big time.

It won't help. There's always holes between the zones and Cave is a legitimate dual threat.

Saggy Aggie
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
If WC gets RF, they will win easily. If they get Sinton, its going to be a shootout. WC's pass D is a little soft, so Sinton will score.

I like WC's chances a lot more against RF, but I like the thought of playing against Sinton. Would make for a fun week on here.

IHStangFan
10-22-2010, 11:45 PM
In my opinion (based off of "on paper")...I believe WC would chew RF up and spit them out. Sinton/WC would come down to defense. Could WC slow down Sinton's passing game and could Sinton slow down WC on the ground?

megaman2184
10-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Why did Mathis had to look past Ingleside and mess up what would have been a great game of unbeaten teams.

LOL

It doesn't matter, this is still gonna be a great game just with less.....ummmm looking for the word to use...........hype?!?

Sinton 42
Mathis 35

I look for the Pirate's ;) to win his game.......eh joke been done to many times. lol :doh: :( :p

SintonFan
10-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Made sure I didn't fergit this time. LOL

lol

Good job Yato!:clap:

SintonFan
10-23-2010, 12:18 AM
In my opinion (based off of "on paper")...I believe WC would chew RF up and spit them out. Sinton/WC would come down to defense. Could WC slow down Sinton's passing game and could Sinton slow down WC on the ground?

Nah...

WC is a year away...
at least THEY say so.:nerd: :p

sinton66
10-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Doubt seriously Mathis was looking ahead. Ingleside just exposed their lack of pass defense.

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Nah...

WC is a year away...
at least THEY say so.:nerd: :p WC has a LOT of talent returning next year, but the QB Lewis and the pre-season all-state lineman Boucher are both graduating. Not sure how that will affect them next year, but they will have a rock solid D and and plenty of talent. Just gotta find out who will take Lewis place.

If they can come up with a solid QB next year, then yes... it will be ugly for WCs opponents.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Nah...

WC is a year away...
at least THEY say so.:nerd: :p They ARE young...but they appear to be very much for real THIS year. So next year they will be tough as well.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-23-2010, 11:10 AM
just saw the video my wife recorded for me, Sinton had a few drop passes on open receivers down field. Hopefully they dont miss on those chances next friday. Sinton finally gave up a defensive td in the 4th qtr on nice run late in the 4th by AP Butler. Sinton defense looked good

sinton66
10-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Sinton finally gave up a defensive td in the 4th qtr on nice run late in the 4th by AP Butler. Sinton defense looked good

Sinton staff needs to drag out the '01 championship film vs Everman. Force Mathis out of the wing-t and they're done.

swarm
10-23-2010, 02:08 PM
The Def. TD was against the 2nd unit. And what does 2001 game film have any thing to do with Mathis.

swarm
10-23-2010, 02:09 PM
RF is the biggest school in the district.

sinton66
10-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by swarm
The Def. TD was against the 2nd unit. And what does 2001 game film have any thing to do with Mathis.

Does Mathis not run a wing-t? Trust me, you've never seen a better one than '01 Everman.

99IHSMustang
10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sinton staff needs to drag out the '01 championship film vs Everman. Force Mathis out of the wing-t and they're done.

It definitely is going to hurt Mathis if they have to start throwing early on. Ingleside tried to get them out of the Wing-T, but they are just truly good at running it. Mathis 3 backs were fast. Sinton may be better suited at stopping the wing t, but if not then this game may go back and forth as well.

Ranger354
10-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Glad to see you guys and gals talking about the Sinton vs Mathis match up instead of playoffs three weeks away.

Sinton still has two games to win. Period! I think the Sinton D slows Mathis down, and the Sinton Offense is just too much for Mathis.

After the Goliad game start talking playoffs...............

swarm
10-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Mathis runs the nasty slot. a little different than the wing -T

sinton66
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
EVERY team runs variations. Fundamentally the same. Everman and Liberty Hill both call theirs a slot-t.

pirate4state
10-23-2010, 07:28 PM
LOL do yall not remember that when it counted the most our D stepped up and stopped Mathis dead in their tracks last year?

Now, I know it's not last year and that Mathis' offense has improved, but so has our defense. Mathis can rack up as many yards as they want in between the 20s, as long as we keep them out of the endzone. It is very likely that we will be out of position at times (like last night that lead to 2 TDs) but I'll take a few couple of missed assignments, as long as we WIN!

They won't be able to stop our offense. Believe that!

Our coaches don't need to pull out any game film other than Mathis' film from THIS year. :rolleyes: C'mon now. And yall are forgetting that there are 2 veteran coaches still on staff from the '01 squad that coach defense and do a great job! :inlove: :D

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

sinton66
10-23-2010, 07:44 PM
LOL do yall not remember that when it counted the most our D stepped up and stopped Mathis dead in their tracks last year?

Now, I know it's not last year and that Mathis' offense has improved, but so has our defense. Mathis can rack up as many yards as they want in between the 20s, as long as we keep them out of the endzone. It is very likely that we will be out of position at times (like last night that lead to 2 TDs) but I'll take a few couple of missed assignments, as long as we WIN!

They won't be able to stop our offense. Believe that!

Our coaches don't need to pull out any game film other than Mathis' film from THIS year. :rolleyes: C'mon now. And yall are forgetting that there are 2 veteran coaches still on staff from the '01 squad that coach defense and do a great job! :inlove: :D

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

Well sure, but the players on this years team probably haven't seen that film from '01. Might inspire them. What could it hurt?:D

pirate4state
10-23-2010, 08:04 PM
I will have the shirt for this game. I know we have some new Mathis posters (yay). Where is the best place to have a M&G and get a photo? I'd prefer either really early or at half-time.

Even though Mathis lost and it won't be 2 undefeated teams playing I still expect a big crowd and us Sinton folk will have to get our seats pretty early.

Lake Pirate, blast, frontline, etc.... please let us know the best place to meet up.

Lake Pirate
10-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I will have the shirt for this game. I know we have some new Mathis posters (yay). Where is the best place to have a M&G and get a photo? I'd prefer either really early or at half-time.

Even though Mathis lost and it won't be 2 undefeated teams playing I still expect a big crowd and us Sinton folk will have to get our seats pretty early.

Lake Pirate, blast, frontline, etc.... please let us know the best place to meet up.

I think it will okay to meet near the field house, near where the Mathis run-through is. I'll make sure but I see no prob

FmrPirate14
10-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Sinton 42
Mathis 7

..Mathis might have gotten a wake up call last week BUT Sinton is on fire and is gonna keep rolling

pirate4state
10-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I think it will okay to meet near the field house, near where the Mathis run-through is. I'll make sure but I see no prob Let me know. I'm thinking during team warm-ups for those who can be there that early and/or half-time.

sinfan75
10-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by FmrPirate14
Sinton 42
Mathis 7

..Mathis might have gotten a wake up call last week BUT Sinton is on fire and is gonna keep rolling LMAO!! I think Mathis will put up a little more than 7 points partner. I can see Mathis putting up 21-28 points.

sinton66
10-23-2010, 11:01 PM
I could well be wrong, but I have a feeling this game will not be as close as last year's was.

99IHSMustang
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
LMAO!! I think Mathis will put up a little more than 7 points partner. I can see Mathis putting up 21-28 points.

I will second that. Mathis's backs are really good.

SintonFan
10-24-2010, 12:33 AM
Do I think that Mathis is capable of putting up more points than Sinton has given up in a game?

Yes.

Do I think they will?
:confused:

We will find out Friday. :nerd:

IrishTex
10-24-2010, 03:10 AM
I could well be wrong, but I have a feeling this game will not be as close as last year's was.

Can you say c-a-k-e w-a-l-k?

:D

sinton66
10-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Can you say c-a-k-e w-a-l-k?

You need to give it a rest. I know you're trying to be funny, but it's disrespectful to our opponents.

Frontline Force
10-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Looking for a good physical game both teams have a lot to play for a little bummed about Fridays outcome but congrats to ingleside they played lights out from the first play..but this pirate match up will be a high scoring game and it will get packed so get there early....prediction

Mathis ---
Sinton ---

Too early to tell

IrishTex
10-24-2010, 01:38 PM
You need to give it a rest. I know you're trying to be funny, but it's disrespectful to our opponents.

Wow....didn't realize you were so touchy about it...

Yes sir captain...yes sir...will do just like you say sir..

(salutes)

request permission to leave sir???

I guess we can't have an opinion on here...and if we do have an opinion, it better darn well past your muster then correct?

:rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
10-24-2010, 01:45 PM

(salutes)

I guess we can't have an opinion on here...and if we do have an opinion, it better darn well past your muster then correct?

Quit acting like a child and get over yourself.

sinton66
10-24-2010, 01:47 PM

(salutes)

Not touchy. Sinton's having a good year so far and I just don't think it's necessary for anyone to rub our opponents' noses in it. Besides, in the case of this game you don't even know what you're talking about.

IrishTex
10-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Not touchy. Sinton's having a good year so far and I just don't think it's necessary for anyone to rub our opponents' noses in it. Besides, in the case of this game you don't even know what you're talking about.

Look, I know enought that Mathis is a worthy opponent.

In all candor, I figure it's going to be a very good game. Close in fact.

But it isn't rubbing thier nose in it. You yourself said previously that you thought Sinton was that good. That may be true. Hats off to Sinton if you do win your district...

If an outsider such as myself always notices Sinton always wins, maybve the opponents need to change the perspective. This isn't about disrespecting Sinton's opponnents, maybe it's about encouraging a town or a community to possibly change things....

For example, look at the old perspective of the Yankees/Rangers....

The Yankees used to treat our Rangers like the kid you took his lunch money from. And then guess what? Changes happened and we became the David of David and Goliath...we beat them!

I believe in sports, it's possible for any team anywhere to be the David.
That's not disrespect. It's called hope!

sinton66
10-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Look, I know enought that Mathis is a worthy opponent.

In all candor, I figure it's going to be a very good game. Close in fact.
Then I REALLY don't see the point in posting that.

If an outsider such as myself always notices Sinton always wins, maybve the opponents need to change the perspective. This isn't about disrespecting Sinton's opponnents, maybe it's about encouraging a town or a community to possibly change things....

That's the point, Sinton doesn't ALWAYS win, so you obviously know very little about this district.

For example, look at the old perspective of the Yankees/Rangers....

The Yankees used to treat our Rangers like the kid you took his lunch money from. And then guess what? Changes happened and we became the David of David and Goliath...we beat them!

Those are professionals. What we're discussing here are KIDS. Kids who put in the time and effort to try their best to be competetive.

I believe in sports, it's possible for any team anywhere to be the David. That's not disrespect. It's called hope!

Good for you, but that's NOT how it's coming off.

IrishTex
10-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Quit acting like a child and get over yourself.

This from someone with a baby as an avatar..

sinton66
10-24-2010, 03:35 PM

LOL, I don't blame him one bit. Afterall, you said the same thing about his team last week (and every other team Sinton has played thus far). Suit yourself, but if you don't quit it, I can almost guarantee you the animosity against you will only escalate.

Ranger354
10-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Anyone know when tickets go on sale in Sinton? Monday maybe?

Ranger354
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
66 don't let Irish get your goat..... Irish is so proud of where they live they don't mention it..... And is intitled to an opinion no matter how much dust gets sturred up.

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
Anyone know when tickets go on sale in Sinton? Monday maybe? Yeah, either Monday or Tuesday. Some people have been saying it's sold out and that's just ridiculous since Sinton hasn't even gotten their tickets yet. :doh:

sinton66
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
66 don't let Irish get your goat..... Irish is so proud of where they live they don't mention it..... And is entitled to an opinion no matter how much dust gets stirred up.

LOL, he doesn't have a clue how to get my goat.;)

FmrPirate14
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I keep hearing something about a BMW backfield?? And that the Mathis backfield is like soooo good...pretty sure they had a WAY better back a few years ago named Amos Blanche and Sintons defensive scheme held him to under 100 yds. So if sinton can stop the run early I dont see Mathis making this a close game

spirate_9
10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
I keep hearing something about a BMW backfield?? And that the Mathis backfield is like soooo good...pretty sure they had a WAY better back a few years ago named Amos Blanche and Sintons defensive scheme held him to under 100 yds. So if sinton can stop the run early I dont see Mathis making this a close game

I have yet to see the current Mathis backfield, but I don't see how you can say Blanche was a "WAY better back." He had some speed, but that's about it. I seem to remember him intentionally running out of bounds several times to avoid contact.

FmrPirate14
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
might be but he did lead the district and pretty much the coastal bend in rushing yards

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I keep hearing something about a BMW backfield?? And that the Mathis backfield is like soooo good...pretty sure they had a WAY better back a few years ago named Amos Blanche and Sintons defensive scheme held him to under 100 yds. So if sinton can stop the run early I dont see Mathis making this a close game They have 2 backs with 4.4 speed. Butler has a great burst and Washington has more jukes and the other back has speed and power. They are as good as advertise. They didnt lose to Ingleside because they stop the running attack is was more that Ingleside couldnt be stop either and onside recoveries gave Ingleside more chances to score.

pirate4state
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
They have 2 backs with 4.4 speed. Butler has a great burst and Washington has more jukes and the other back has speed and power. They are as good as advertise. They didnt lose to Ingleside because they stop the running attack is was more that Ingleside couldnt be stop either and onside recoveries gave Ingleside more chances to score. 4.4 ? c'mon ... I'm sure they are very fast, but did you time them in a 40 before the game? :rolleyes: :D

I will say it one more time...if they couldn't stop Ingleside with a Freshman QB at the helm, they will not stop our offense. :cool:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2010, 07:48 PM
4.4 ? c'mon ... I'm sure they are very fast, but did you time them in a 40 before the game? :rolleyes: :D

I will say it one more time...if they couldn't stop Ingleside with a Freshman QB at the helm, they will not stop our offense. :cool: if their coach said they both ran 4.4 then its good enough to repeat. Not sure if you have seen them this year but fast is not all they bring. AND like i said they couldnt stop Ingleside was the reason they didnt win and not because they shut down Mathis running game. Just like last year, Sinton expose how Mathis couldnt cover the pass as they like to play man to man and they dont have the secondary to do that and dont pressure the qb to help them out.

Sweetwater Red
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
if their coach said they both ran 4.4 then its good enough to repeat.

:doh:

Sweetwater and Dallas Madison had the two fastest kids in the state for 3 years straight.
Both of them ran legitimate 4.4s. Their coaches didn't say that, the UIL did when they were
giving them their medals at the state track meet. Now you're trying to convince us that
Mathis has the same because of what their coach said? Sorry SFiA. I think you're getting
"Sky is falling mentality". You might want to stop hanging around Phil C. :thinking: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:doh:

Sweetwater and Dallas Madison had the two fastest kids in the state for 3 years straight.
Both of them ran legitimate 4.4s. Their coaches didn't say that, the UIL did when they were
giving them their medals at the state track meet. Now you're trying to convince us that
Mathis has the same because of what their coach said? Sorry SFiA. I think you're getting
"Sky is falling mentality". You might want to stop hanging around Phil C. :thinking: :D didnt say it was legitimate said i was repeating what a coach said but went back and read it and it says both have been timed at 4.4 in 40 yd dash. Geez the boys are fast :rolleyes:

In case you feel like checking it out (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/20/mathis-offense-drives-through-opponents-with-bmw/)

sinton66
10-24-2010, 09:12 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3933/whatmeworry715605.jpg

Johnny Utah
10-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Mathis has not played nearly as tough a schedule as Sinton or Ingleside(cant believe I said that) or Rockport. Those two backs are good, but not the best Mathis has had. Mathis is a good team, their staff and kids do a great job but they are not as good as they were last year in my opinon. Just an opinion. Sinton, if focused on the district title, wins and rolls into the playoffs. Ingleside beats RPF, they are in. RPF wins....then it gets interesting!!! Go Pirates and Tigers!! The Sealy and Rockdale kind!!

sinton66
10-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Dang, I need to figure out how to make this game.

MUSTANG69
10-25-2010, 08:46 AM

I agree that Sinton has the best offense but you would just should have been at the Mathis/Ingleside game. It was not even the same Ingleside offense that Sinton saw. The Mustangs gave the supreme effort. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I think Sinton will rip Mathis up. Sinton will win by 21+. Now having said this and not to wish Sinton bad luck I hope Mathis beats Sinton. That could result in another three way tie for district for Ingleside, Sinton, and Mathis.

MUSTANG69
10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Doubt seriously Mathis was looking ahead. Ingleside just exposed their lack of pass defense.

Their run defense wasn't that great either. Ingleside rushed for 186 yards and they aren't a running team. The whole Mathis defense has been exposed. Sinton will destroy their defense.

MUSTANG69
10-25-2010, 08:59 AM

That is one mean bad-ass baby.:devil:

sinton legacy77
10-25-2010, 10:11 AM

HELL YEAH!!

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Darn it! If they wouldn't have cut the time off at 8:45 on the GOTW thread, my vote WOULD have made a difference. Sorry.

:speech:

pirate4state
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Darn it! If they wouldn't have cut the time off at 8:45 on the GOTW thread, my vote WOULD have made a difference. Sorry.

:speech: LOL then we'd have a bunch of :bigcry: about us having another Gotw.

sinton legacy77
10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I know for a fact that my boys in Sinton are fired up for this game! Theyre gonna come out with an intensity level never before seen and play every play from snap to whistle as hard as they possibly can. The offense of Sinton has been steam rolling through opponents all year and thats not going to change friday night when the REAL PIRATES come to town.

SINTON 42
Mathis 21

Its going to be a great game but I feel like Sinton is going to take over.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Sinton comes out attacking deep early, they'll put up points in the 40+ range but i think they're going to mix it up some and grind out that clock with long time consuming drives.

Sinton 35 Mathis 20

Ranger354
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I have my tickets....................

sinton3055
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
My brother and some of my cousins that went to school in Goliad are going to the game. I went to school in Goliad, but I'm not a fan of the Tigers. My brother hates that Mathis ran up the score and their are hopeing Sinton puts it on them. My cousin is the QB for Goliad and he was hitting the recievers on the numbers against Mathis bit I guess they were eating popcorn before the game lol.

MUSTANG69
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
My brother and some of my cousins that went to school in Goliad are going to the game. I went to school in Goliad, but I'm not a fan of the Tigers. My brother hates that Mathis ran up the score and their are hopeing Sinton puts it on them. My cousin is the QB for Goliad and he was hitting the recievers on the numbers against Mathis bit I guess they were eating popcorn before the game lol.

I don't think Sinton will purposely run up the score. Their coach has too much class for that. I do think Sinton is going to put a whooping on Mathis though.

The quarterback for Goliad is very good. He was very accurate in the game against Ingleside but his receivers are mediocre. It's a shame.

sinton3055
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes my cousin is a very good QB, he just don't have good recievers. His brother told me he screwed up his knee during the mathis game.

sinton66
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Shame on yall for letting this slide to page 2.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Shame on yall for letting this slide to page 2.:D i got my tickets :)

sinfan75
10-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Anybody ever wonder why Mathis fans haven't been on this thread? How bout a day or so of silence in respect to the young man from Mathis who lost his mother last Friday night.

MUSTANG69
10-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Shame on yall for letting this slide to page 2.:D

Well this is on pg 2 again. What's the matter with you Sinton posters?:D

pirate4state
10-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Well this is on pg 2 again. What's the matter with you Sinton posters?:D We only have like 3-4 Mathis posters on the board and like sinfan75 stated above...they are in mourning over the loss of one of the boy's mother.

Besides....I have a really good feeling about this game. :D Our coaching staff & Pirates are scary focused on the task at hand. LOOK OUT!!! :devil:

pancho villa
10-26-2010, 09:24 AM
(M)Pirates 42 (S)Pirates 14

pirate4state
10-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
(M)Pirates 42 (S)Pirates 14

:clap:

FmrPirate14
10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
The REAL Pirates by 3+ touchdowns...Mathis wont be able to stop the Sinton offense

big daddy russ
10-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by spirate_9
I have yet to see the current Mathis backfield, but I don't see how you can say Blanche was a "WAY better back." He had some speed, but that's about it. I seem to remember him intentionally running out of bounds several times to avoid contact.
Blanche was good, but from what I've seen I think Butler has a step on Blanche and can find and hit the hole quicker. That kid has great vision and is tough to bring down.

One thing's for sure. Mathis never seems to want for quality running backs.

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
66 don't let Irish get your goat..... Irish is so proud of where they live they don't mention it..... And is intitled to an opinion no matter how much dust gets sturred up.

wow not another comment from him after this post. must have been some truth in it...

anyway, mathis lost a shootout with ingleside. i don't think mathis has seen a defense like sinton's this year. they also haven't seen an offense like our's either. they might be in for a little shock and awe in the 1st qtr....Sinton takes an early lead and holds on to it.

Sinton by 14+

MUSTANG69
10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
We only have like 3-4 Mathis posters on the board and like sinfan75 stated above...they are in mourning over the loss of one of the boy's mother.

Besides....I have a really good feeling about this game. :D Our coaching staff & Pirates are scary focused on the task at hand. LOOK OUT!!! :devil:

Note I said Sinton posters. I am sensitive to the Mathis posters.

Sinton better be focused. I still think they will rip Mathis's defense apart but I still want Mathis to win because that is the necessary scenario for another 3 way tie for district.:D

By the way "Sinton sucks":D

Ranger354
10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Anybody ever wonder why Mathis fans haven't been on this thread? How bout a day or so of silence in respect to the young man from Mathis who lost his mother last Friday night.

I lost my mother last month. I have been out of High School many many years and still find the loss hard to deal with at times. I can not imagine what that young man from Mathis is had to deal with. Even though I was in the same boat with him, it would be very hard to loose a parent at a young age.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family

pirate4state
10-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Note I said Sinton posters. I am sensitive to the Mathis posters.

Sinton better be focused. I still think they will rip Mathis's defense apart but I still want Mathis to win because that is the necessary scenario for another 3 way tie for district.:D

By the way "Sinton sucks":D

Yeah, we suck so bad we only beat yall by 37 instead of 51. :(

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2010, 11:19 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:clap: :clap:

FmrPirate14
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Got 'Em

MUSTANG69
10-26-2010, 12:16 PM

Can't take your own medicine?:D

AP Panther Fan
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
LOL, he doesn't have a clue how to get my goat.;)

We all know he "doesn't play well with others" .... good job getting that muzzle on. :D

Oh yeah and ........

GO PIRATES!

:evillol: :evillol:

sinton3055
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
How big is Garcia Sinton's RB, I remember seeing him play against Brookshire last yr. That kid knows how to get yards, I'll take him over Mathis BMW any day.

pirate4state
10-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Can't take your own medicine?:D Of course, I was merely reminding you that Ingleside sucks MORE!!! :D

MUSTANG69
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Of course, I was merely reminding you that Ingleside sucks MORE!!! :D

Well guess what. Another Sinton poster told me your chicken enchiladas aren't really that great.:D

pirate4state
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Well guess what. Another Sinton poster told me your chicken enchiladas aren't really that great.:D Good, then I won't have to make you or him any!!!! :tongue:

MUSTANG69
10-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Good, then I won't have to make you or him any!!!! :tongue:

sinton66
10-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
wow not another comment from him after this post. must have been some truth in it.

LOL, he can't. A mod thread banned him.

sinton66
10-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton3055
How big is Garcia Sinton's RB, I remember seeing him play against Brookshire last yr. That kid knows how to get yards, I'll take him over Mathis BMW any day.

He's not big at all, but that kid is fast.

sinfan75
10-26-2010, 06:01 PM
This game will likely be a high scoring contest. Sinton D has a hard time stopping that Nasty Slot and Mathis runs it pretty darn good. With Mathis having 3 backs that can break a long run for a td at any time, it's gonna be tough for Sinton. On the other hand if Sinton's O plays like they've been playin Mathis could have a tough time keeping up with Sinton. I think the key will be what kind of defense will Mathis throw at Sinton. I'll bet it's something Sinton hasn't seen this year and it could throw Sinton off for a while. I predicted Sinton by 14 earlier but I'm gonna drop that to 7. 42-35 Sinton.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2010, 06:23 PM
30-3a playoff projections (http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/26/high-school-football-playoff-projections-district/?comments_id=569532)

SintonFan
10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I lost my mother last month. I have been out of High School many many years and still find the loss hard to deal with at times.

I am sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family, too.

Johnny Utah
10-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Best rb duo tandem or trio from Mathis was on the 99 state final team. Veliz, collavo, and soza. Like I said earlier Mathis is good but Sinton's senior class is legit and won't be denied. First round playoff game will be tough but a win and the pirates could go farther than last year and pieRat4state that just means more cooking for you. 3 absolutes this weekend! Tigers over falcons, tigers over buffs, and the real pirates over the I 37 kind.

Johnny Utah
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Correction, black and gold tigers defeat open and smash the falcons next week!

Necked
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Going off topic a little bit, looking at RF's scores it appears that they have a something of a defense. From what y'all can tell, are they a legitimate contender? Can they take out Ingleside?

99IHSMustang
10-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Going off topic a little bit, looking at RF's scores it appears that they have a something of a defense. From what y'all can tell, are they a legitimate contender? Can they take out Ingleside?

There is an Ingleside/Rockport thread if you want to throw this question on there.

sinton66
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Difficult to say at this point. It is possible, but Ingleside may have found their groove. They will definetely have to play better pass defense than they did against us.

Blastoderm55
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Best rb duo tandem or trio from Mathis was on the 99 state final team. Veliz, collavo, and soza. Like I said earlier Mathis is good but Sinton's senior class is legit and won't be denied. First round playoff game will be tough but a win and the pirates could go farther than last year and pieRat4state that just means more cooking for you. 3 absolutes this weekend! Tigers over falcons, tigers over buffs, and the real pirates over the I 37 kind.

Pargmann was pretty good too. His sister's a member on here.

Blastoderm55
10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Necked

They slipped by AP 21-14. May have been an off night, but RF has dealt with a lot of injuries after starting off strong. I wouldn't count them out. They've got pretty good size, and a little bit of quickness.

Johnny Utah
10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Pargmann was good and he and many others anchored that defense.

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
They slipped by AP 21-14. May have been an off night, but RF has dealt with a lot of injuries after starting off strong. I wouldn't count them out. They've got pretty good size, and a little bit of quickness. Rockport suffered some injuries to key players against us and AP does have some talent.

********M&G INFO/SHIRT*******

Okay, I plan to be at the field around 6 p.m. I hope the gates are open by then. :D We will have our M&G/pic taking at 6:30 p.m..

I think it is going to be extremely packed and no one will want to lose their seat once the game begins.

I figure if it is pre-game we can pretty much meet up anywhere around the track?? Try and make your way to the scoreboard at 6:30 p.m.. I will stick around until 6:45-ish. Hope to see some of you Mathis posters out there. I pretty much know all the Sinton peeps. :rolleyes: :p :D

GATA SINTON PIRATES!!!

Johnny Utah
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM
PieRat4state, go to the concession stand before the game and get two fajita tacos! Tell David to put it on Raymonds tab!

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
PieRat4state, go to the concession stand before the game and get two fajita tacos! Tell David to put it on Raymonds tab! LOL I'll tell them to put it on YOUR tab!!!!

Lake Pirate
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Rockport suffered some injuries to key players against us and AP does have some talent.

Okay, I plan to be at the field around 6 p.m. I hope the gates are open by then. :D We will have our M&G/pic taking at 6:30 p.m..

I think it is going to be extremely packed and no one will want to lose their seat once the game begins.

I figure if it is pre-game we can pretty much meet up anywhere around the track?? Try and make your way to the scoreboard at 6:30 p.m.. I will stick around until 6:45-ish. Hope to see some of you Mathis posters out there. I pretty much know all the Sinton peeps. :rolleyes: :p :D

GATA SINTON PIRATES!!!

Ok I'm back. P4S if it's all the same to all, can we meet near the track by the field house. I may need to help with the inflatable run-through. If not, the scoreboard is fine.

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok I'm back. P4S if it's all the same to all, can we meet near the track by the field house. I may need to help with the inflatable run-through. If not, the scoreboard is fine. Absolutely.

Johnny Utah
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Me pay! Have you lost your mind?

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 11:27 AM
PieRat4state, go to the concession stand before the game and get two fajita tacos! Tell David to put it on Raymonds tab!

lol.....I wonder if he is still doing the belly rub while he spews the last 10 years worth of stats (in all sports) at you! Never seen anything like it.:cool:

Lake Pirate
10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
lol.....I wonder if he is still doing the belly rub while he spews the last 10 years worth of stats (in all sports) at you! Never seen anything like it.:cool:

Legend has it that Raymond can be at a volleyball game at the Event Center and a Football game at the stadium at the same time. It is also said that Raymond can harrass fans in two different cities while sitting in the back of a cop car holding a 64 oz cup of coke. Raymond can harrass Chuck Norris

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Legend has it that Raymond can be at a volleyball game at the Event Center and a Football game at the stadium at the same time. It is also said that Raymond can harrass fans in two different cities while sitting in the back of a cop car holding a 64 oz cup of coke. Raymond can harrass Chuck Norris i've only seen him once and it was at a baseball game, it was entertaining and he seem to enjoy the attention :)

Concession stand lady was upset i wasnt recording yall game last week but i told here this week i would ;)

FmrPirate14
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Haha Raymond at baseball games is classic I remember being on the all-stars as a kid and him there haha yelling at us

Blastoderm55
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Ah, Ramon, the common bond between Mathis and Sinton. He lived across the street from my grandparents when I was younger. My mom was a sub in the special ed department and she'd give him rides home every now and then.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
It is also said that Raymond can harrass fans in two different cities while sitting in the back of a cop car holding a 64 oz cup of coke. Raymond can harrass Chuck Norris

hahahahaha! I absolutely believe it!

Poor Chuck!

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

SintonPirateFan
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
is raymond the big guy that heckles mathis' opponents??

at basketball games he would slap his belly and it would echo in the gym it was so loud.

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
is raymond the big guy that heckles mathis' opponents??

at basketball games he would slap his belly and it would echo in the gym it was so loud.

YES! That's him!

He sits in a strategic location at the football field also. Visitors have to walk near him.

He also does this really strange and disgusting thing with his tongue to you.

Funny, everyone in the district knows Ramon. Kind of like Ingleside and Aransas Pass has Ralph....our King of Foul Balls.:D

BrahmaMom
10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Good luck, Sinton Pirates!!!

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 02:05 PM
YES! That's him!

He sits in a strategic location at the football field also. Visitors have to walk near him.

He also does this really strange and disgusting thing with his tongue to you.

Funny, everyone in the district knows Ramon. Kind of like Ingleside and Aransas Pass has Ralph....our King of Foul Balls.:D

I didn't see Ralph at the Ingleside softball game this past year? Maybe he was at the AP game?

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I didn't see Ralph at the Ingleside softball game this past year? Maybe he was at the AP game?

Probably, he prefers Aransas Pass over Ingleside!:eek: :D

He didn't miss any of our games.

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Probably, he prefers Aransas Pass over Ingleside!:eek: :D

He didn't miss any of our games.

Imagine that! :D

Speaking of...did I already ask you the story behind "bay rats" and "dinks"? I know you grew up in Ingleside, why does everyone refer to them as dinks? I think I can figure out why they call AP peeps bay rats. LOL

MUSTANG69
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Imagine that! :D

Speaking of...did I already ask you the story behind "bay rats" and "dinks"? I know you grew up in Ingleside, why does everyone refer to them as dinks? I think I can figure out why they call AP peeps bay rats. LOL

I grew up in Ingleside and have lived the biggest part of my life there and I don't know how AP came up with Ingledink. Probably because they are not clever enough to come up with anything better.

So AP Panther Fan is really an "Ingledink". Interesting. I might actually know her.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
I grew up in Ingleside and have lived the biggest part of my life there and I don't know how AP came up with Ingledink. Probably because they are not clever enough to come up with anything better.

So AP Panther Fan is really an "Ingledink". Interesting. I might actually know her.:thinking:

LOL....you might. I figured this out long ago. If I were to have picked an Ingleside user name it might have been Mustang79.

I stood outside the Civic Center during the Chamber Banquet with your wife and visited at length (mostly about silver jewelry and what kind of jewelry boxes she keeps her silver in). By the way, I really enjoyed talking to her.

Let's see, if my memory serves me correct, your table was next to ours (front and center) and the not-so-funny comedian had a heck of a good time at your expense. Pirate4State would have enjoyed it. :D (She really was awful, picking on you like that...)

Back to the original question regarding Ingledinks...not sure where it came from, but both names have withstood the test of time and STUCK!

MUSTANG69
10-27-2010, 03:33 PM
LOL....you might. I figured this out long ago. If I were to have picked an Ingleside user name it might have been Mustang79.

I stood outside the Civic Center during the Chamber Banquet with your wife and visited at length (mostly about silver jewelry and what kind of jewelry boxes she keeps her silver in). By the way, I really enjoyed talking to her.

Let's see, if my memory serves me correct, your table was next to ours (front and center) and the not-so-funny comedian had a heck of a good time at your expense. Pirate4State would have enjoyed it. :D (She really was awful, picking on you like that...)

Back to the original question regarding Ingledinks...not sure where it came from, but both names have withstood the test of time and STUCK!

Yes, I do remember my wife telling me about talking to you but my memory is not very good when it comes to names. Please PM me if you don't mind since you know who I am.

P4S would surely have enjoyed that comedian picking on me but just think if I had not let her pick at me she would have even been more boring.

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes, I do remember my wife telling me about talking to you but my memory is not very good when it comes to names. Please PM me if you don't mind since you know who I am.

P4S would surely have enjoyed that comedian picking on me but just think if I had not let her pick at me she would have even been more boring.

Nothing can be as boring as picking on YOU! :taunt: :D haha

Ranger354
10-27-2010, 04:55 PM
How about some FOOTBALL talk......???? Why hasn't the Caller times written anything up in the paper about this match up? Once again if it isn't a Corpus Team or Refugio we see nothing.

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 06:01 PM
How about some FOOTBALL talk......???? Why hasn't the Caller times written anything up in the paper about this match up? Once again if it isn't a Corpus Team or Refugio we see nothing. because they usually wait until tomorrow or Friday. The game lost some luster (IMO) when Mathis lost to Ingleside, but it is still a huge game for both teams. A Mathis/Rockport loss will make their game next week a "win & your in" type of deal.

oh, and what type of football talk do you want? apparently, sinton can't stop the run and Mathis can't stop the pass. shoot out? i doubt it, but what do I know?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Mathis vs Rockport will determine who makes it in and will also determine which division Sinton goes to. Mathis/Rockport win or lose by each team this friday wont put them in or elminate them, their game in the last district game will determine which one stays home.

sinfan75
10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
because they usually wait until tomorrow or Friday. The game lost some luster (IMO) when Mathis lost to Ingleside, but it is still a huge game for both teams. A Mathis/Rockport loss will make their game next week a "win & your in" type of deal.

oh, and what type of football talk do you want? apparently, sinton can't stop the run and Mathis can't stop the pass. shoot out? i doubt it, but what do I know? Sinton can stop the run, but they have a problem stoppin the run out of the nasty slot. :p

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Sinton can stop the run, but they have a problem stoppin the run out of the nasty slot. :p Sinton will use the nasty slot Defense

SintonFan
10-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I really hope Channel 6 or the local rag continues to ignore our Pirates.
They like put a curse on the teams they highlight.:(

sinfan75
10-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Sinton will use the nasty slot Defense :spitlol:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
:spitlol: http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers2.gif

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Pirates win this:D Sinton that is!!!!

TxChamp
10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
get ready for war!!! mathis by 7:mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by TxChamp
get ready for war!!! mathis by 7:mad: http://parenting.leehansen.com/downloads/clipart/pirates/images/Arrrrr2th.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsVNjq0GM3s)

TxChamp
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
if ingleside beats rockport, then we beat rockport and we are in ...if rockport beats ingeside by less than 7, then we have to beat rp by 14...if rf beats i by more than 7 than we have to win period...if mathis wins next 2 we win district...i like the soun d of last scenerio...by the way this is mtx...thanks tx champ for letting me post...so are we doing the meet and greet or what?

SintonFan
10-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Look on the previous pages. The meeting info is there.

I think.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-27-2010, 10:12 PM
if ingleside beats rockport, then we beat rockport and we are in ...if rockport beats ingeside by less than 7, then we have to beat rp by 14...if rf beats i by more than 7 than we have to win period...if mathis wins next 2 we win district...i like the soun d of last scenerio...by the way this is mtx...thanks tx champ for letting me post...so are we doing the meet and greet or what? Originally posted by pirate4state

Okay, I plan to be at the field around 6 p.m. I hope the gates are open by then. We will have our M&G/pic taking at 6:30 p.m..

I figure if it is pre-game we can pretty much meet up anywhere around the track?? Try and make your way to the scoreboard at 6:30 p.m.. I will stick around until 6:45-ish. Hope to see some of you Mathis posters out there. I pretty much know all the Sinton peeps.

SintonFan
10-27-2010, 10:16 PM

Okay, I plan to be at the field around 6 p.m. I hope the gates are open by then. We will have our M&G/pic taking at 6:30 p.m..

I figure if it is pre-game we can pretty much meet up anywhere around the track?? Try and make your way to the scoreboard at 6:30 p.m.. I will stick around until 6:45-ish. Hope to see some of you Mathis posters out there. I pretty much know all the Sinton peeps.

Yes but this was posted:

Ok I'm back. P4S if it's all the same to all, can we meet near the track by the field house. I may need to help with the inflatable run-through. If not, the scoreboard is fine.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

TxChamp
10-27-2010, 10:19 PM
the gates open at 6..see you guys there...be safe

TxChamp
10-27-2010, 10:21 PM
hey you guys, watch channel 6...mtx son interview...his name gabriel

pirate4state
10-27-2010, 10:25 PM
WHAT: M&G (meet & greet)
WHERE: Sinton @ Mathis; near the track by the field house
TIME: 6:30 p.m.

Just look for a group of people wearing maroon :D

Lake Pirate
10-28-2010, 06:45 AM

and Pirate T-shirts :p

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Nothing can be as boring as picking on YOU! :taunt: :D haha

If it is so boring why do it?:D

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 07:26 AM
if ingleside beats rockport, then we beat rockport and we are in ...if rockport beats ingeside by less than 7, then we have to beat rp by 14...if rf beats i by more than 7 than we have to win period...if mathis wins next 2 we win district...i like the soun d of last scenerio...by the way this is mtx...thanks tx champ for letting me post...so are we doing the meet and greet or what?

Needs a little correction. If Mathis wins the next 2, that may only give them a share of the district title. If Ingleside wins the next 2 and Sinton wins their final district game it would be a 3 way tie for district. The same 3 teams as last year.

Ranger354
10-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Needs a little correction. If Mathis wins the next 2, that may only give them a share of the district title. If Ingleside wins the next 2 and Sinton wins their final district game it would be a 3 way tie for district. The same 3 teams as last year.

Not to worry about Mathis winning the last two. Sinton will make sure they don't win this Friday.

Worry about all the other senerios.......

BTW nice write up in the Caller times today. Its about time these young men get recognized.

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Not to worry about Mathis winning the last two. Sinton will make sure they don't win this Friday.

BTW nice write up in the Caller times today. Its about time these young men get recognized.

Nice article. I'm surprised the Caller published it. They normally don't give much credit to this district until the Corpus Christi teams are eliminated in the first round of playoffs. Then they jump on the North of the Bay" band wagon.

I agree. I think Sinton will take care of business but it would be to Ingleside's benefit if Mathis won. Mathis just doesn't have the defense to stop Sinton.

OLE'BULL
10-28-2010, 08:33 AM
Go Pirates!

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 09:45 AM
If it is so boring why do it?:D Because I can!!!! :taunt:

Is it Friday yet?!?!

I can't wait to see our air & land assault against Mathis. I'm gonna have to ask the trainers to wrap up my thumb and index finger so I don't get another blister ringing my cowbell!!!! :cool:

AND...

I can not wait to see how our defense responds from start to finish!!! Last year they proved that they COULD stop the nasty and this year's defense is MUCH improved.

BRING IT! :mad: :eek: :mad:

:stirpot:

FmrPirate14
10-28-2010, 09:50 AM
well said

TxChamp
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM

BTW nice write up in the Caller times today. Its about time these young men get recognized. Hey ranger354 are you going to be at the M&G??Hope to see you there and the rest of Suxton posters lol be safe!

MUSTANG69
10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Because I can!!!! :taunt:

Is it Friday yet?!?!

I can't wait to see our air & land assault against Mathis. I'm gonna have to ask the trainers to wrap up my thumb and index finger so I don't get another blister ringing my cowbell!!!! :cool:

AND...

I can not wait to see how our defense responds from start to finish!!! Last year they proved that they COULD stop the nasty and this year's defense is MUCH improved.

BRING IT! :mad: :eek: :mad:

:stirpot:

I don't know if Sinton can stop the Mathis running attack but should be able to slow it down enough to outscore them. Mathis lives off the big play. Once any of those running backs get in your defensive backfield it is very hard to catch and stop them. Ingleside held them to under 400 yds rushing (387). That is something very few teams had been able to do. We didn't stop them bit we slowed them down. They had to punt 2 or 3 times in the game. Ingleside didn't. That was the difference.

TxChamp
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't know if Sinton can stop the Mathis running attack but should be able to slow it down enough to outscore them. Mathis lives off the big play. Once any of those running backs get in your defensive backfield it is very hard to catch and stop them. Ingleside held them to under 400 yds rushing (387). That is something very few teams had been able to do. We didn't stop them bit we slowed them down. They had to punt 2 or 3 times in the game. Ingleside didn't. That was the difference. Washington is about 174 yards away from 1000 yrs!! That would be 3 running backs over 1000 yrds that's pretty impressive!!!!

sinton legacy77
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Awesome article in the caller times today about a great kid

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/27/scouts-honor-sintons-tijerina-makes-impact-on/

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Do any of you Mathis peeps know if your stadium has wireless access???

AP Panther Fan
10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
Awesome article in the caller times today about a great kid

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/oct/27/scouts-honor-sintons-tijerina-makes-impact-on/

Great article. Congratulations to this young man and his family. :)

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Do any of you Mathis peeps know if your stadium has wireless access???

Doubtful.

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Doubtful.

Didn't think so. Okay all you tech guys...is there a way to use my cell (HTC touch pro 2) to get internet on a laptop? :nerd: :thinking: If so, please give me instructions, please include pictures haha

Blast -- will you be at the game?

DDBooger
10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Didn't think so. Okay all you tech guys...is there a way to use my cell (HTC touch pro 2) to get internet on a laptop? :nerd: :thinking: If so, please give me instructions, please include pictures haha

Blast -- will you be at the game? tether, at&t makes you pay for it, don't know if Sprint does.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Blast -- will you be at the game? i have HTC also but i use a sprint card for my laptop. I can check in few mins but i think you can i just havent had to use it.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Stats:
Sinton offense
Run Pass Total
1694 1585 3279
Mathis offense
Run Pass Total
3517 436 3953
Sinton defense
Run Pass Total
859 854 1713
Mathis defense
Rush Pass Total
848 1038 1886

Sinton scores by qtrs
SPF1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Opp 27 38 13 12 =90
Sin 70 117 80 38 =305

Avg score: Sinton 38 to 11

Sinton has fail to score in the first qtr only once, against Orange Grove. 2nd qtr Sinton has scored in every game. 3rd qtr only in the Rockport game Sinton failed to score. 4th qtr, Orange Grove and Ingleside game Sinton didnt score in the final qtr.

Sinton has allowed only one rusher to go over 100 yards, QB Randy Flores,Robstown 108 yds.
Most yards by a running back was Caleb Cawyer from Orange Grove with 90 yards.

Most points allowed by Sinton: 14 twice(Robstown and Rockport Fulton)
Fewest first downs allowed: 3 twice(West Oso and Aransas Pass)

99IHSMustang
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM

HTC Touch Pro2 can be used as a modem by enabling the “Internet Sharing” application on the device and connecting it with the supplied USB cable. You can also use Bluetooth for this connection by utilizing the “Connect to a Personal Area Network (PAN)” function on your computer. Make sure to verify your account has the appropriate feature for tethering or phone-as-modem.

You may want to call your provider and find out if there ar any additional charges to your data plan.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 05:38 PM

1. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB sync cable.
2. When the Connect to PC screen appears, select Internet Sharing.
3. Tap Done.

The Internet Sharing program then opens and automatically connects your computer to the Internet. When you have finished using your phone as a modem, simply unplug the USB sync cable.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
HTC Touch Pro2 can be used as a modem by enabling the “Internet Sharing” application on the device and connecting it with the supplied USB cable. You can also use Bluetooth for this connection by utilizing the “Connect to a Personal Area Network (PAN)” function on your computer. Make sure to verify your account has the appropriate feature for tethering or phone-as-modem.

You may want to call your provider and find out if there ar any additional charges to your data plan. yep

Ranger354
10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey ranger354 are you going to be at the M&G??Hope to see you there and the rest of Suxton posters lol be safe!

I will NOT be at the M&G because some times I don't play well with people that don't know me and call me names....

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't think TxChamp meant any harm. He did use the appropriate "lol"...:D

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 06:19 PM
1. Connect your phone to your computer using the USB sync cable.
2. When the Connect to PC screen appears, select Internet Sharing.
3. Tap Done.

The Internet Sharing program then opens and automatically connects your computer to the Internet. When you have finished using your phone as a modem, simply unplug the USB sync cable.

Cool, thanks!

TxChamp
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you Sintonfan no harm at all!! M&G is on though I will be there only be wearing a white Cowboys cap and of course my Mathis T-shirt!! :mad:

TxChamp
10-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Stats:
Sinton offense
Run Pass Total
1694 1585 3279
Mathis offense
Run Pass Total
3517 436 3953
Sinton defense
Run Pass Total
859 854 1713
Mathis defense
Rush Pass Total
848 1038 1886

Sinton scores by qtrs
SPF1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Opp 27 38 13 12 =90
Sin 70 117 80 38 =305

Sinton has fail to score in the first qtr only once, against Orange Grove. 2nd qtr Sinton has scored in every game. 3rd qtr only in the Rockport game Sinton failed to score. 4th qtr, Orange Grove and Ingleside game Sinton didnt score in the final qtr.

Sinton has allowed only one rusher to go over 100 yards, QB Randy Flores,Robstown 108 yds.

Those are some pretty good stats!!!! Get a real job sintonfan in Austin LOL!! What a nerd!! Just joking!! :rolleyes:

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
*sigh*
I wish someone from Mathis could post stats like that.:D

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 07:16 PM

You're pretty brave to take a laptop to Mathis. :devil:

Nah, I won't be making this one. My wife is paranoid about being alone in our new home. We're not quite in the boonies, but far enough. So I'll be kicking back and checking in for updates.

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM

Nah, I won't be making this one. My wife is paranoid about being alone in our new home. We're not quite in the boonies, but far enough. So I'll be kicking back and checking in for updates.

Take her to see Paranormal Activity 2.;)

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Take her to see Paranormal Activity 2.;)

You're a sick, sick man. :D

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
You're a sick, sick man. :D

And so is the new Magic. They are all Broke! Planes Walkers haunt my dreams now.:weeping:

pirate4state
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM

Nah, I won't be making this one. My wife is paranoid about being alone in our new home. We're not quite in the boonies, but far enough. So I'll be kicking back and checking in for updates. Bummer. Guess this means she doesn't like football?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Those are some pretty good stats!!!! Get a real job sintonfan in Austin LOL!! What a nerd!! Just joking!! :rolleyes: yea, very good stats. see you at M&G :nerd:

Ranger354
10-28-2010, 09:10 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you Sintonfan no harm at all!! M&G is on though I will be there only be wearing a white Cowboys cap and of course my Mathis T-shirt!! :mad:

I am cool with it....

Really though I don't play nice with many people. Best to just watch.

You guys and gals have fun.

Blastoderm55
10-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Bummer. Guess this means she doesn't like football?

She does. But she doesn't like going to games because it means she gets to see my mom. :p

sinton66
10-29-2010, 06:34 AM
I am going to try very hard to make this game. Hope to see all of you tonight.
GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Stats:
Sinton offense
Run Pass Total
1694 1585 3279
Mathis offense
Run Pass Total
3517 436 3953
Sinton defense
Run Pass Total
859 854 1713
Mathis defense
Rush Pass Total
848 1038 1886

Sinton scores by qtrs
SPF1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Opp 27 38 13 12 =90
Sin 70 117 80 38 =305

I think Sinton adds another 300+ yards to their passing totals tonight and that is probably being conservative.

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
according to maxpreps mathis leads tx in rushing, 3a 4a 5a...also #8 in the nation...

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
according to maxpreps mathis leads tx in rushing, 3a 4a 5a...also #8 in the nation... Who wouldn't with yalls schedule? LMAO!

FmrPirate14
10-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Who wouldn't with yalls schedule? LMAO!

HAHAHAHAHA

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Here we go baby say it with me Mathis Pirates! Dear Lord in the battles we go through in life, we ask for a chance that is fair, a chance to equal our stride, a chance to do or dare, if we should win, let it be by the code, Faith and Honor held high, if we should lose, we stand by the road, and cheer as the winners go by, day by day we get better and better til we can't be beat, won't... Be... Beat, Mathis Pirate Pride Forever!!! AMEN

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 11:25 AM
but you have been beat :confused: :D

FmrPirate14
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
...and it looks like theyve been beat 27 times out of 34 against Sinton :D

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 12:17 PM
See ya at the M & G!!!! Hey frnr pirate are you going to be at the game? Just want to know!!! Ha:D

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
but you have been beat :confused: :D :2thumbsup

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
:2thumbsup . Hey pendejo you been beat too lol
:D. Its just a saying fool!!! Some people are just plain well you know the word!!!:mad:

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 01:00 PM
. Hey pendejo you been beat too lol
:D. Its just a saying fool!!! Some people are just plain well you know the word!!!:mad:

Let's see. I just have been called a dumbass in Spanish and a fool in English. Nicest things I've been called all day a-hole.:D :D

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 01:07 PM
You don't like it right when someone talks smack to you but its ok for you to do it!!! All I was doing is putting that little saying in here and you have to come out saying oh but u loss!!! Trying to build urself up by putiing other people down that's wrong bro!!!:mad:

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
You don't like it right when someone talks smack to you but its ok for you to do it!!! All I was doing is putting that little saying in here and you have to come out saying oh but u loss!!! Trying to build urself up by putiing other people down that's wrong bro!!!:mad:

I said you lost, because you have. Nothing wrong with pointing out facts. It's not about "building myself" up. I already know we are better than yall. LMAO :eek:

It's funny that you want to :weeping: about that, but calling him names is okay? :rolleyes:

yeah, okay....

:wave:

See you at the M&G.

44INAROW
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm gonna stay out of this one. :D
Good Luck Pirates.. OH yea the Maroon ones.. oh OK good luck Sinton :)

Bullaholic
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I said you lost, because you have. Nothing wrong with pointing out facts. It's not about "building myself" up. I already know we are better than yall. LMAO :eek:

It's funny that you want to :weeping: about that, but calling him names is okay? :rolleyes:

yeah, okay....

See you at the M&G.

You better take it easy on these Mathis folks there, BRO.....:D

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 01:23 PM

yeah, okay....

See you at the M&G.

Thanks for getting my back P4S but you know that old saying "Sticks and stones-----". Mathis got their bubble burst last week and now they are angry. If this person would look at my previous posts he would see that I hope Mathis wins tonight. It's not that I have a favorite Pirate team. If Mathis wins and Ingleside wins their next 2 then we have a chance in sharing the district title.

I do wish both Mathis and Sinton good luck tonight in a injury free game. You Sinton fans be careful driving. I just had a friend killed at 188 and 37 last week. I don't want to hear about the same happening to any of ya'll.

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 01:34 PM
I apologize for the name calling that's not what we're about!! Good luck to both teams!!! Who wants a cold beer before the game lol!!

FmrPirate14
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
will there be a new thread for updates??

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I apologize for the name calling that's not what we're about!! Good luck to both teams!!! Who wants a cold beer before the game lol!! LOL!! is this MTX or the Victoria East wanna be ;) :rolleyes:

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 02:01 PM
If you don't know ask your mom lol:D :rolleyes: Easy sintonfan in Austin!! Just kidding!! This is victoria east and no I'm no wannbe!!! Hey do you think calallen and victoria east will meet up again in the playoffs?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
If you don't know ask your mom lol:D :rolleyes: Easy sintonfan in Austin!! Just kidding!! This is victoria east and no I'm no wannbe!!! Hey do you think calallen and victoria east will meet up again in the playoffs? dont think so, Calallen will go Div 2 and is VE larger enrollment than VW,PL and GP?

k later, some of us do have to work in the day time :p

Lake Pirate
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I am leaving work early to be at the M&G. I was hoping for a friendly meeting. If there's going to be name calling and trash talk involved, let me know now so I can stay an extra 30 mins. I could use the overtime.

Sintonites, please be careful on that horrible 188.

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey thanks for the info!!

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Who wouldn't with yalls schedule? LMAO! you got to be kidding if you think sintons schedule is any better..this is mtx

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 02:53 PM
the only good team sinton has faced this year is hondo...and thats a third place team...and sorry to say but if ingleside thinks they are good cause they beat mathis, i say it was a fluke...we all will find that out tonight...go mathis!!! again its mtx posting

MUSTANG69
10-29-2010, 03:11 PM
the only good team sinton has faced this year is hondo...and thats a third place team...and sorry to say but if ingleside thinks they are good cause they beat mathis, i say it was a fluke...we all will find that out tonight...go mathis!!! again its mtx posting

Fluke! There wasn't a thing your defense could do to stop us. Sinton will tear your defense apart.

piratebg
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Fluke! There wasn't a thing your defense could do to stop us. Sinton will tear your defense apart.

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/kelly73_photos/Horse20Mouth.gif

Blastoderm55
10-29-2010, 03:19 PM

I recall two forced fumbles and two interceptions, but I digress. Both defenses did well in the second half by limiting their opponents to a single score.

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
the only good team sinton has faced this year is hondo...and thats a third place team...and sorry to say but if ingleside thinks they are good cause they beat mathis, i say it was a fluke...we all will find that out tonight...go mathis!!! again its mtx posting I'm not the one on here bragging about have the 3 best backs in the state. LOL. No doubt your backs are great, but I'd like to see how they do against some GOOD defenses. If they still put up those #s, then kudos to them!

Just so you don't go blowing another gasket...I'm not saying OUR defense is gonna shut yall down, but it WILL be the best defense you've seen this season...in week 9....just saying. LOL

Lake Pirate...we are civil at M&Gs. Besides, it is your fellow Mathis poster calling people names. ;) I will play nice. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps, even if they are from Mathis. :p haha

AP Panther Fan
10-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Just look at all of the fun I have been missing.

Hoping both teams have an injury free game and you downlowers have an injury free M&G. lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 03:24 PM
the only good team sinton has faced this year is hondo...and thats a third place team...and sorry to say but if ingleside thinks they are good cause they beat mathis, i say it was a fluke...we all will find that out tonight...go mathis!!! again its mtx posting Hondo is unbeaten in district and only losses are to Sintn 24-13 and Medina Valley 14-13.

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 03:28 PM
Hondo is unbeaten in district and only losses are to Sintn 24-13 and Medina Valley 14-13. ok, the only good team...but still the schedule not to different as far as competion

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
all i know is that you cant ask for better weather than tonight...good luck to both pirates and hope for a injury free game...south texas football at its finest...mtx is logging out

warhorsejoe
10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I predict an upset of the week!!!

Mathis 34
Sinton 31

Lake Pirate
10-29-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm not the one on here bragging about have the 3 best backs in the state. LOL. No doubt your backs are great, but I'd like to see how they do against some GOOD defenses. If they still put up those #s, then kudos to them!

Just so you don't go blowing another gasket...I'm not saying OUR defense is gonna shut yall down, but it WILL be the best defense you've seen this season...in week 9....just saying. LOL

Lake Pirate...we are civil at M&Gs. Besides, it is your fellow Mathis poster calling people names. ;) I will play nice. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps, even if they are from Mathis. :p haha

LOL P4S, I'm coming in straight from work. Rumors has it that you're bringing the enchiladas, can't wait I'm starving. lol jk

piratebg
10-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Hondo is unbeaten in district and only losses are to Sintn 24-13 and Medina Valley 14-13.

Don't forget about Robstown. They too are unbeaten in district and have lost only to Sinton and Refugio. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2010, 03:42 PM
LOL P4S, I'm coming in straight from work. Rumors has it that you're bringing the enchiladas, can't wait I'm starving. lol jk i will try and get there around 6-6:15 if i can.

Blastoderm55
10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Hondo is unbeaten in district and only losses are to Sintn 24-13 and Medina Valley 14-13.

Isn't Medina Valley something like 3-5 on the season? They had a big drop off.

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
LOL P4S, I'm coming in straight from work. Rumors has it that you're bringing the enchiladas, can't wait I'm starving. lol jk why is everyone talking about my enchiladas? lol

For the record...everyone is on their own for dinner!!! Is it true that Van's food quality has gone down since their move??? :(

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 04:12 PM

Lake Pirate
10-29-2010, 04:17 PM
why is everyone talking about my enchiladas? lol

For the record...everyone is on their own for dinner!!! Is it true that Van's food quality has gone down since their move??? :(

to be honest I haven't been to Vans since the move, but I haven't heard anything about the quality dropping.

Blastoderm55
10-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Mmmm, a Lineman burger sounds good. Where did they move to?

Lake Pirate
10-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Mmmm, a Lineman burger sounds good. Where did they move to?

The Cielito Lindo on Magnolia behind the Five Points Quick Stop

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 04:35 PM
The Cielito Lindo on Magnolia behind the Five Points Quick Stop wow they took over the dancehall?

Lake Pirate
10-29-2010, 04:38 PM
wow they took over the dancehall?

Just a portion. I beleive it was space previously used for storage. I may be wrong. I do know that the dance hall has been remodeled and going strong.

Blastoderm55
10-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Oh cool. Its always good to see an old building get a new lease on life. Of course, most of the dilapidated buildings along the main streets of Mathis would be better off torn dorn, but its nice to see that they were able to find a use for the Cielito Lindo.

TxChamp
10-29-2010, 05:59 PM

Just look for a group of people wearing maroon :D . Hey we're here already posters!!!! We're here by the fieldhouse!!!

sinton3055
10-29-2010, 06:03 PM
I was gonna go to the game but i been stuck offshore since oct 3rd. Hopefully someone posts updates:( .

Frontline Force
10-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Just sat down ...it is packed hope for a good game ...go pirates....haha

pirate4state
10-29-2010, 07:16 PM
. Hey we're here already posters!!!! We're here by the fieldhouse!!! me, lake pirate, sintonfaninaustin & sinton66 were all down there. i asked several people (who looked at me funny) if they were downlow posters haha.

nice to meet him!

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

SintonPirateFan
10-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Sinton picks off mathis pass. Very next play garcia scores. 7-0 Sinton

sinton3055
10-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Sinton up 14 to 0 6:19 in the first

sinfan75
10-29-2010, 07:50 PM
DAMN!!

SintonFan