PDA

View Full Version : Sealy vs Bellville updates

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Sealy 7 Bellville 0

rancher
10-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Sealy did not even break a sweat on that drive. Looking like a beat down.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
i know.. they are dominating already

rancher
10-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Sealy 14 Bellville 0

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 07:53 PM
sealy 14-0... easy

rancher
10-22-2010, 07:54 PM
The beating down has started they are still in the middle of 1st quarter.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 07:55 PM
sealy's o and d line are just dominating

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 08:11 PM
sealy 21
bellville 0

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 08:28 PM
sealy turnover

sealy 21
bellville 8

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 09:30 PM
sealy 27
bellville 8

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 09:48 PM
sealy 34
bellville 8

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2010, 10:06 PM
good solid win... 3rd year in a row to beat bellville.. always a good deal.. bellville just seems out of it.. the have some athletes.. the don't seem motivated though.. just my opinion

Tiger Dad
10-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree, they do have several good athletes. Their effort wasn't poor something just doesn't seem right. I hope they get back on track its not as much fun to beat them when they are down. Good win Tigers but we need more killer instinct to finish off teams if we want to go far in the playoffs. Enjoy your win and get ready for the Falcons. Time to win district.

BrahmaMom
10-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Congrats to the Tigers on the win. I may be mistaken, but I think this is the fewest points Sealy has scored this season. Tiger fans, am I correct? I saw spirit and determination from the Bellville players and coaches. Thanks to those former Brahmas who showed their respect for our team and returned the spirit line to Bellville. At halftime, the idea had spread and gone from four former Brahmas to a group of about sixty. You can criticize the Brahmas all you want, but the team I saw tonight looked and played pretty darn well, esp when we had heard Sealy was going to try to run up the score and try to score 100 on the Bulls. Guess that plan changed. Bulls, way to never give up! Great effort! Prepare for next week! The season isn't over yet! GO BULLS!!

Tiger Dad
10-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Where did you hear that ? We could have run Davis all night but did not. Your boys didn't quit they gave a good effort. But don't read things into the score that were not there. Jimmie doesn't run the score up.

MJMbrahmas10
10-23-2010, 02:01 AM
I was very impressed with the bulls they played better than they have all year. Hope it carries to ext week.

sports mom
10-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
I agree, they do have several good athletes. Their effort wasn't poor something just doesn't seem right. I hope they get back on track its not as much fun to beat them when they are down. Good win Tigers but we need more killer instinct to finish off teams if we want to go far in the playoffs. Enjoy your win and get ready for the Falcons. Time to win district.

I agree with you Tiger Dad.

trg
10-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Keep your head up Brahmas. Sorry I missed the game. Keep on fighting. I will always support ya'll. :)

duckhunter
10-23-2010, 08:39 AM
I take two things away from this game. 1. Bellville actually looked below average on offense in the second half besides way below average. It's amazing what running pass plays that don't have twenty five yard routes in them can do. Actually have a chance of getting the ball out and maybe even catch it. 2. The second thing I saw last night is a very poor reflection on the team. After the Bellville boy received a penalty of a personal foul? He proceeded to throw a hussy fit at the ref, followed by him taking his helmet off on the field, followed up by him spiking his helmet on the sidelines. Already this is unacceptable behavior but when the coaches see this and do nothing to him is ridiculous. If this team is Gunna suck they are they can at least do it with pride and class and not act like ten yr olds. What upset me more is the player didn't get held out of any series but yet only got a little slap on the wrist by one of the coaches minutes after he acted out. His temper tantrum should have been dealt with immediately instead of having the coaching staff just stand there and watch him do it. Being a former brahma I find that to be an embarrassment to the program. Ridiculous...

Watcher
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Boy Duckhunter with fans like you, who needs rivalries. To say a whole squad sucks the way you do, makes me think that you are an ex-twirler. Belville has talent on the way up and they have talent now. Next year maybe you can blow a better call.

sTxforlife
10-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Haha what #55 for bellville did was just outright funny but also extremely classless. He got his little feelings hurt because he can't take the physicality of the game that Sealy's o line always brings to the game, just shake it off and do better the next play

BrahmaMom
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
I had heard from more than one source that Sealy was gonna try to run up the score. If they chose not to do that, I appreciate that and give a nod of respect to the coaching staff. Football is a game of emotion, we saw more last night than we have all year. That said, I agree with the sentiment that temper tantrums are not acceptable from a Brahma. Emotions were running high last night in Bellville, no excuse for acting out; I did, however, think the player received consequences from the coaching staff. I could be wrong about that. I know Coach Foster does not approve of anything but pure class from his players, so if it wasn't addresed last night, I feel confident he will handle it at some point. Sometimes it is better to wait and let calmer heads prevail. Speaking of poor sportsmanship, I wasn't pleased to see a Sealy player spear #40 in the ribs head-on with his helmet. I am very proud of the way the Brahmas fought last night, knowing they were up against a very good program. They made the most of the contest, we can't ask for more than that. For me, last night was a moral victory for the Bellville Brahmas and program. Way to go Brahmas! Thanks to all the fans who supported them, loudly and proudly. Thanks again to the former Bulls who returned the tradition of the Spirit Line to Bellville football!

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Watcher
Boy Duckhunter with fans like you, who needs rivalries. To say a whole squad sucks the way you do, makes me think that you are an ex-twirler. Belville has talent on the way up and they have talent now. Next year maybe you can blow a better call.

Duckhunter is right... in towns like sealy, bellville, cuero.. you get the point.. you are either great, or you "suck" no gray area IMO

OLE'BULL
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
I take two things away from this game. 1. Bellville actually looked below average on offense in the second half besides way below average. It's amazing what running pass plays that don't have twenty five yard routes in them can do. Actually have a chance of getting the ball out and maybe even catch it. 2. The second thing I saw last night is a very poor reflection on the team. After the Bellville boy received a penalty of a personal foul? He proceeded to throw a hussy fit at the ref, followed by him taking his helmet off on the field, followed up by him spiking his helmet on the sidelines. Already this is unacceptable behavior but when the coaches see this and do nothing to him is ridiculous. If this team is Gunna suck they are they can at least do it with pride and class and not act like ten yr olds. What upset me more is the player didn't get held out of any series but yet only got a little slap on the wrist by one of the coaches minutes after he acted out. His temper tantrum should have been dealt with immediately instead of having the coaching staff just stand there and watch him do it. Being a former brahma I find that to be an embarrassment to the program. Ridiculous...

He should be suspended next week for the Brookshire game. When I saw that I wanted to puke. Not only does that make us look classless, when that starts happening, the opponent knows they got ya where they want ya.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
when that starts happening, the opponent knows they got ya where they want ya.

YES!!

rancher
10-23-2010, 01:00 PM
That act reflected how far discipline has broken down in the program. Who will take responsibility? I know first hand that some board members last night were very disappointed at seeing this on the field. Lack of leadership in the program.

sTxforlife
10-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I wasn't pleased to see a Sealy player spear #40 in the ribs head-on with his helmet.

When was this?? plus #40 was a lineman its all legal there its just part of the game

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Speaking of poor sportsmanship, I wasn't pleased to see a Sealy player spear #40 in the ribs head-on with his helmet.

Damn.... i have a word for this..... ummmm.... dang what is it.... oh yeah, FOOTBALL

sTxforlife
10-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
Damn.... i have a word for this..... ummmm.... dang what is it.... oh yeah, FOOTBALL

No remember now a days ur supposed to play patty cake with the other guy lmao

BrahmaMom
10-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, ok. BTW, I think #40 was on offense at the time, the kid's ribs may be cracked, and after all, I'm a Mom, remember. You guys are right there and...Discipline is not what is was in the "old" days--anywhere, unfortunately. I am disappointed in poor sportsmanship, I still think Foster will handle it properly. A one game suspension just might happen, Ole' Bull. Selfishly, I hope it's just a no-start, maybe first quarter suspension. But I trust Foster will handle it. Remember, depth is an issue the coaches are having to deal with right now. Still proud of our team last night.

OLE'BULL
10-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by rancher
That act reflected how far discipline has broken down in the program. Who will take responsibility? I know first hand that some board members last night were very disappointed at seeing this on the field. Lack of leadership in the program.

So true, NEVER would have happened back in Huey's day. He always ran a clean program. There was always someone ready to take a starters spot, and an outburst like that resulted in major disciplinary action.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2010, 11:29 AM
The contest just wasn't the classic Sealy/Bellville type of game, I guess when one program is so far down, a lot of the luster is lost. Sealy started the game scoring on its first 2 possessions without much resistance from what appeared as a clueless Bellville defense. Sealy was sending 4-5 receivers wide, spreading the Bellville defense very thin & preventing them from bringing their blitz. At the time, I was thinking that their offense may score on every drive. Bellville finally changed their defense, tightened up their coverage (was giving way too much cushion in the first 2 series) and may a few stops.

The Bellville offense opened up their playbook and went with more of a spread type passing set, running the Koy left/right play wasn't going to work against the tough Sealy defense. I thought the Bellville QB had his best game throwing & running the ball. Sealy scored another TD when the Bellville QB was hit as he was dropping back to pass, the rusher was never touched and hit the QB before he could even turn around. Bellville has a play where the QB turns his back toward the defense as he is dropping back, PLEASE take this play out of the playbook! Bellville came back to score a TD & added the 2pt conversion, making the halftime score 21-8 in favor of the Tigers. Bellville held the Tigers to sart the 3rd qtr, received the ball deep in their side of the field & proceded to go on a nice little drive. They converted one 4th down play, but elected to punt when a penalty left them with another 4th down inside Sealy territory. Typically I would agree with the decision to punt, but playing one of the top teams in the state & basically nothing to lose, I was hoping they would gamble. Sealy received the ball and scored on a long running play, dashing any hopes of Bellville staying close to the Tigers.

Pudlugger
10-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The contest just wasn't the classic Sealy/Bellville type of game, I guess when one program is so far down, a lot of the luster is lost. Sealy started the game scoring on its first 2 possessions without much resistance from what appeared as a clueless Bellville defense. Sealy was sending 4-5 receivers wide, spreading the Bellville defense very thin & preventing them from bringing their blitz. At the time, I was thinking that their offense may score on every drive. Bellville finally changed their defense, tightened up their coverage (was giving way too much cushion in the first 2 series) and may a few stops.

The Bellville offense opened up their playbook and went with more of a spread type passing set, running the Koy left/right play wasn't going to work against the tough Sealy defense. I thought the Bellville QB had his best game throwing & running the ball. Sealy scored another TD when the Bellville QB was hit as he was dropping back to pass, the rusher was never touched and hit the QB before he could even turn around. Bellville has a play where the QB turns his back toward the defense as he is dropping back, PLEASE take this play out of the playbook! Bellville came back to score a TD & added the 2pt conversion, making the halftime score 21-8 in favor of the Tigers. Bellville held the Tigers to sart the 3rd qtr, received the ball deep in their side of the field & proceded to go on a nice little drive. They converted one 4th down play, but elected to punt when a penalty left them with another 4th down inside Sealy territory. Typically I would agree with the decision to punt, but playing one of the top teams in the state & basically nothing to lose, I was hoping they would gamble. Sealy received the ball and scored on a long running play, dashing any hopes of Bellville staying close to the Tigers.

Good summary Bull's Eye. Much has been said regarding this game and the status of Bellville's game this season. Many things said could also apply to La Grange. Bottom line is that factors have aligned to form a perfect storm that rolls against both teams: new coaches; lost key players to graduation and injury; weaknesses in both the defense and offense that make execution difficult if not impossible and are clear to opponent coaches reviewing films and finally both teams are in ridiculously tough districts (if either team were in a district with only one or two good teams maybe they would get a couple more wins to hide their faults better). Bottom line is sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.;)

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Note from the bug: Discipline was apparently meted out Friday night. I believe the player in question was benched for the remainder of the game. Is that considered a slap on the wrist? Not to me, esp in such a rivalry. I remain proud of the Brahma team and have high hopes for them against Brookshire this week. Bull's-eye, great analysis, as usual. Felt sorry for the QB when he got hit out of nowhere. Glad to see the playbook opening up a little wider, though. C'mon, Brahmas, pull together, play together and take Brookshire by STORM! GO BULLS!!!

TigerForever
10-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Guess what heifer fans, did you not realize the Navasota scouts were in the stands. Have you never heard of not showing what you "got". Oh, probably not.

We could have had #4 across the middle, or on the out route all night. They barely even used #25.

Sealy could have easily put 60 on the board, but unlike Bellville, Sealy is looking for something MORE than whipping the Yankees across the Mill Creek.

I do not even want to see a reply. When Bellville can show us FIVE gold trophies, then you can talk! Too bad yall do not have boy's volleyball.

Back to your “glory days” of never winning a TEXAS STATE FOOTBALL championship!

TigerForever

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Congratulations on the win and your passion, TigerForever. I understood the first team was on the field till the final two minutes of the game, guess I heard wrong. Some windshields are more gracious than others...

Tiger Dad
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
The starters were in until the last offensive and defensive drives for the tigers, as for what TigerForever said it is true that there are several things that the tigers did not show davis only had 7 carries but was still well over 100 yards and seals-jones was used very little on offense

MJMbrahmas10
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Why is there so much animosity comin from some sealy posters??? Is it necessary? Bellville is down this year we aren't winnin like we wish we could So we try to take the positives out of each game and then we get bashed.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by TigerForever
Guess what heifer fans, did you not realize the Navasota scouts were in the stands. Have you never heard of not showing what you "got". Oh, probably not.

We could have had #4 across the middle, or on the out route all night. They barely even used #25.

Sealy could have easily put 60 on the board, but unlike Bellville, Sealy is looking for something MORE than whipping the Yankees across the Mill Creek.

I do not even want to see a reply. When Bellville can show us FIVE gold trophies, then you can talk! Too bad yall do not have boy's volleyball.

TigerForever

calm down... ha no need for the animosity.... take a breath and relax.. enjoy postin on the board.. not all about trash talk when it's not necessary

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
MJM10, maybe it is b/c they scored less on us than anyone else all season? I understand not wanting to risk injury or show all their weapons when it isn't necesssary; I even agree with that strategy. Or class? Or attitude in general? I don't know but I am with you, we just need to take the positives out of each contest for our team and go forward. Use last week to build on, Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM

I disagree, most of the Sealy fans expected a much larger margin and didn't feel all that good about the 34-8 win. In the middle of the 3rd quarter and the score only 21-8, I'm sure there were some concerns on the Sealy sidelines. Bellville was starting to move the ball on offense and the Brahma defense had held the Tiger offense in check since their two early first quarter scores. All week we heard how Sealy was going to break the Bellville scoreboard, I guess holding the Tigers to 34 points wasn't too bad. :)

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 04:42 PM
I actually heard the breaking the scoreboard thing AT THE GAME from an official...Yet, we were hosting the contest and hopefully played with integrity for the most part. It's an intense rivalry, Brahma Pride was at stake and I strongly feel our team did its part to maintain that Pride, one outburst not withstanding and not excused. And we'll never know the whole story on that, either, btw.

TigerForever
10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
C’mon folks. No animosity, it is called rivalry. Some of my best friends are from bellville. If you cannot talk when you are up, then why even watch FOOTBALL. If bellville would have “won” what do you think they would be saying? I have won and lost on the “pasture of pain”, (talked and took it). Personally, I liked O’Bryant field better.

And yes, the starters were in, it is called practice. Why beat up on your own players, when you have bellville.

It is the Sealy / bellville game, let’ rock!!! I am sure Bellville can be talking in a couple of years. They have great young team.

Good luck to bellville in the future, but this is the TIGER’S year (again)!

TigerForever

PS. Next time Sealy comes to bellville, remind the zebras they are suppose to pick up their check before the game, ha, ha.

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
When the Brahmas are playing, I cheer for our friends in Austin County, TigerForever. The Brahmas aren't used to this and it is a tough place to be. I see you understand. Let us never forget these are young men and the game helps make them who they become.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2010, 05:49 PM
PS. Next time Sealy comes to bellville, remind the zebras they are suppose to pick up their check before the game, ha, ha.

Didn't the Tigers use their own coaches to referee the Bellville/Sealy JV game? :D

I heard that was a very impartial called game.......:rolleyes:

TigerForever
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
BrahmaMom

Please remember, when you strap that helmet on, and cross that white line you go from a boy to a young man (real fast)

Been there, done that. Cheered, booed, beaten, and bruised. HS football is one of the best leadership classes you can ever take.

TigerForever

Bull's Eye,

Just seen this on another post. Not for sure?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tigerball4life
well from what I hear from a friend that was there the
"CREW" were all Sealy coaches pause here for all the sealy haters she says the district secretary had the games played last night in Sealy scheduled for next week. Mitchell called Foster to see what he wanted to do and instead of posponing the game fOSTER said to use the coaches, Bellville had a chance to put some coaches on the "crew" but declined. from what i am being told the "crew of coaches" let the kids play and the only folks complaining were the Bellville fans, looks like they weren't informed of the agreement. she says there were penalties on both teams ignored and the game was decided by a turnover..... sealy was stopped on the goal line in the 4th and one of the coaches said he was in but they wanted to see how his players would react to that.

TexState86
10-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Bellville played a great game and should keep their heads held high. Just a little more talent on the Sealy side this time. Now for Crazy. Sealy totally out coached by Bellville to keep this one close. The excuse of not trying to show anything because Navasota was scouting is a joke. When you have weapons, you use them. Bellville played with great passion and should be proud.

OLE'BULL
10-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by TexState86
Bellville played a great game and should keep their heads held high. Just a little more talent on the Sealy side this time. Now for Crazy. Sealy totally out coached by Bellville to keep this one close. The excuse of not trying to show anything because Navasota was scouting is a joke. When you have weapons, you use them. Bellville played with great passion and should be proud.

+1, it should have been 14-8 at the half minus that fumble returned for a TD. That would have kept the hope alive. They just seem to shoot themselves in the foot any chance they get. This team has not given up and maybe I can give Foster some credit for that

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM

TigerForever

What a classy 3rd post TigerForever, You are one of the fans that even sealy fans can hate! There are many sealy posters on here that need to show you how to be a little more of a class act than what you have displayed on this board as a rookie. The five trophie saying is in the past, do you hear Bellville talking about the 10 state championships they have in V-ball, or the state baseball championship? No Because it is in the past, reflect on the past but dont use it to rub in opponents faces when they are down! There are many classy posters from Sealy, so far you are not one of them!

BrahmaMom
10-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Well said, FBB. It takes a while to develop class, and some never acquire it. Let's give TigerForever the benefit of the doubt for now and see how he does. After all, he was accurate about the strapping on of the helmet and boys becoming leaders and men. I have the Bellville football program and tradition to thank for helping a couple of my own boys accomplish just that. Brahma football--we love it!

Tiger Turtle
10-25-2010, 07:04 AM
HS football is cyclical, largely at the whim of how much talent comes through at any given time. Sealy went through one of those down cycles after TJ left and Mark Faldyn couldn't seem to reverse the trend. Jimmie has done a good job getting kids to come out for football and putting together a strong program. Bellville is currently in one of those down periods but the program will come back eventually. Their fans need to accept that a bad year happens occasionally, retain their persepctive, and wait out the rebound process. All this bluster about how great this team really is doesn't help much. Truth is, Bellville played Sealy closer than anybody else this year, whether their kids got up for the annual rivalry game or Sealy sort of just did the necessary. A 26-point win is still pretty decisive, but I'm sure Bellville's fans were concerned it could have been uglier and they can be proud that their kids put forth a good effort when they were at a disadvantage.

teetle
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
This is all fors nought. The Brahamas wills be back. Theys played good. Theys probably grew ups alittle. Everything wills be alright. I knows that Jimmie does nots likes to run the score up, buts sometimes he cants help it. He have a lot of respect for Bellville. He be knowing Huey a longs time. Eventhough Huey nots there he have respect for what he built. Good lucks for rest of season.:D :eek: :eek: :D

Red Bull
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I for one predicted a much more lopsided win for the Tigers. They are good, but not as explosive and fast as I had heard they were. I guess they can turn the switch on in the playoffs, but I doubt it was turned off on Friday night as some of you have implied it was.

Bellville has been getting beat pretty bad by some average teams (see Columbus game) and I think most predicted a huge blowout from the Tigers. That just didn't happen.

teetle
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I haves been being nice. Sealy theys explosive and fast. Maybe Jimmie tooks it easy on Bellville. Who knows. Only Jimmie be knowing. Game wases pretty easy. Never in doubts who woulds win. Brookshire Royal Next. Jimmie got something bor thems too.:D :eek: :eek: :D

OLE'BULL
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by teetle
I haves been being nice. Sealy theys explosive and fast. Maybe Jimmie tooks it easy on Bellville. Who knows. Only Jimmie be knowing. Game wases pretty easy. Never in doubts who woulds win. Brookshire Royal Next. Jimmie got something bor thems too.:D :eek: :eek: :D

Doesn't Bellville play Brookshire this week? Is Sealy off and they play Brookshire in 2 weeks?

duckhunter
10-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Note from the bug: Discipline was apparently meted out Friday night. I believe the player in question was benched for the remainder of the game. Is that considered a slap on the wrist? Not to me, esp in such a rivalry.

player was not benched. played rest of the game

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Doesn't Bellville play Brookshire this week? Is Sealy off and they play Brookshire in 2 weeks?

yes

BrahmaMom
10-25-2010, 07:57 PM
duckhunter, according to the team and the player himself, he was benched. I know he was well chewed as he came off the field. And it was all earned and deserved. He is a kid/young man; we all deserve second chances in life and I don't know about you, but I am sure glad I haven't been judged on a single action I may have instantly regretted. As a lesson to all players, please remember your actions in school, on the field, on the street reflect and affect your entire team. There is no "I" in team for a reason. But if you move the letters around, there can be a "me" and there isn't supposed to be a "me" in team! That has been some of the problem this year, I think. C'mon Brahmas!

Red Bull
10-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Brahma Mom and Duckhunter,

Both of you are right on this matter. The kid deserves a second chance obviously as you say Brahma Mom, but I agree with you DH that this kid should have received more of a reprimand from the coaches. His actions were just not necessary and should not be tolerated. If you allow this to happen once it will happen again.

To me it all comes down to players knowing what is expected of them on and off the field. This is part of building a program. Hopefully the young Brahmas in the stands who saw this don't think this is acceptable behavior.

duckhunter
10-26-2010, 08:23 AM
duckhunter, according to the team and the player himself, he was benched. I know he was well chewed as he came off the field. And it was all earned and deserved. He is a kid/young man; we all deserve second chances in life and I don't know about you, but I am sure glad I haven't been judged on a single action I may have instantly regretted. As a lesson to all players, please remember your actions in school, on the field, on the street reflect and affect your entire team. There is no "I" in team for a reason. But if you move the letters around, there can be a "me" and there isn't supposed to be a "me" in team! That has been some of the problem this year, I think. C'mon Brahmas!

i have 20/20 vision i saw what i saw. he played through the end of the final quarter. may have gotten "benched" for ONE or TWO plays. thats no punishment. shoulda rode the bench the rest of the game. his second chance could come in the next game, not the one when they were getting blown out. ...im thru with this subject. your brahma red rose colored glasses are giving me a headache

duckhunter
10-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull

To me it all comes down to players knowing what is expected of them on and off the field. This is part of building a program. Hopefully the young Brahmas in the stands who saw this don't think this is acceptable behavior.

their are also young brahmas around the field, in the parking lot, etc. not just in the stands. the brahma football team might want to remember that as well