PDA

View Full Version : Rockets State Championship thoughts

orange machine
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Ok here goes, Rocket makes it sound like it is so much harder to win a title in 4a and 5a then it is in 3a and down. He keeps saying that Celina won most of there titles in 2a and makes it sound as if it is so easy to win a title in 2a and that if Brownwood was in 2a for all those years like Celina they would have had 30 titles by now. Ok so Brownwood would have been in 2a they would have comparable enrollment numbers like every other school in there respectful classifications. Grant it bigger schools have more athletes to choose from than smaller schools, but if Brownwood was a 2a school they wouldn't have all the athletes they have had over the years in 4a which means his argument that they would have all these titles is ridiculous. Does anybody else see it this way? Not mouthing you Rocket just don't agree with your logic.

ccmom
10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Not mouthing you Rocket just don't agree with your logic.

He doesn't use logic...thus the confusion. :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Ok here goes, Rocket makes it sound like it is so much harder to win a title in 4a and 5a then it is in 3a and down. He keeps saying that Celina won most of there titles in 2a and makes it sound as if it is so easy to win a title in 2a and that if Brownwood was in 2a for all those years like Celina they would have had 30 titles by now. Ok so Brownwood would have been in 2a they would have comparable enrollment numbers like every other school in there respectful classifications. Grant it bigger schools have more athletes to choose from than smaller schools, but if Brownwood was a 2a school they wouldn't have all the athletes they have had over the years in 4a which means his argument that they would have all these titles is ridiculous. Does anybody else see it this way? Not mouthing you Rocket just don't agree with your logic.

Dude, I know the logistics of the argument. LOL I also know that in 2A, you got a coach that stayed with you, built a strong program, and then instilled a good system. BUT, he did it in 2A, where most of the GREAT coaches are moving up fast. 2A is full of young coaches, and every time a coach leaves, it usually means new program and new system. Your coach camped out in 2A, built a dynasty, and rolled. You had great community support and kids that bought into it and stayed and played. No turnover. Gordon Wood did the same thing but it was in 3A. It produces winners. But to have a great coach like Moore camp out in 2A in the 90-00's...man, I can see why you guys did what you did. It is not the same thing. Moore would not have had that success in 5A or 4A. Way sooner than later, those streaks and the monopoly would have stopped or not even begun. Way better competition.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

bobcat1
10-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I can't believe logic and Rocket can exist in the same sentence. Last post for now. Out of town this weekend. :wave:

LionKing
10-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Why do you even start threads like this, it's like asking a question you already know the answer to.

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Why do you even start threads like this, it's like asking a question you already know the answer to.

He's all about gathering attention on himself :rolleyes:

orange machine
10-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Yep your right as usual.

Louie13
10-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Beg to differ. He didn't start this thread.

I have to guess that before Brownwood became 3A and Rocket was on a 4A site, you guys must have been really bored. Who did you pick on them, or did you just have about 1000 posts per year? LOL

Now that I mention it, I wonder what it really used to be like.

:eek:

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Yep your right as usual.

Maybe one day you will be

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Louie13

I have to guess that before Brownwood became 3A and Rocket was on a 4A site, you guys must have been really bored. Who did you pick on them, or did you just have about 1000 posts per year? LOL

Keep up, wasn't talking about Rocket :rolleyes:

LH_Tuff
10-22-2010, 03:21 PM

Louie13 is Rocket's son? :eek:

orange machine
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Maybe one day you will be
Maybe hopefully soon.

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Maybe hopefully soon.

don't see it happening anytime soon

Bull Butter
10-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Dang, I thought this was a thead about Judson:confused:

orange machine
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
don't see it happening anytime soon
Are you like in love with me or what because you stalk me alot? Maybe you shouldn't post on these boards and go to e harmony or something for people more like your type I'm sorry, but I don't roll that way.

Louie13
10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Louie13 is Rocket's son? :eek:

Really funny!! Maybe we'll get to M&G someday and you can use your analysis skills to see if I look like his son. :devil: :fnypost:

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Are you like in love with me or what because you stalk me alot? Maybe you shouldn't post on these boards and go to e harmony or something for people more like your type I'm sorry, but I don't roll that way.

i know you don't roll the way i do, i prefer women

orange machine
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
i know you don't roll the way i do, i prefer women
Nice try at reversing it back on me FAIL. Anyways i would appreciate if you would quit stalking me. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than stalking and harassing me then stay off of it!

Pick6
10-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Nice try at reversing it back on me FAIL. Anyways i would appreciate if you would quit stalking me. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread other than stalking and harassing me then stay off of it!

:weeping: :weeping:

if anyone is stalking it's you all over rocket, you ever start threads about him. It's obvious how you roll :thinking:

orange machine
10-22-2010, 04:02 PM
:weeping: :weeping:

if anyone is stalking it's you all over rocket, you ever start threads about him. It's obvious how you roll :thinking:
Actually smart guy Rocket and I had a great conversation and are cool again if you have nothing to add about this thread then stay off and stop stalking me.

Pick6
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Actually smart guy Rocket and I had a great conversation and are cool again if you have nothing to add about this thread then stay off and stop stalking me.

still :weeping: :weeping:

so you admit you'll cool on rocket, keep coming out, your almost there :thinking:

Pendragon13
10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Ok here goes, Rocket makes it sound like it is so much harder to win a title in 4a and 5a then it is in 3a and down. He keeps saying that Celina won most of there titles in 2a and makes it sound as if it is so easy to win a title in 2a and that if Brownwood was in 2a for all those years like Celina they would have had 30 titles by now. Ok so Brownwood would have been in 2a they would have comparable enrollment numbers like every other school in there respectful classifications. Grant it bigger schools have more athletes to choose from than smaller schools, but if Brownwood was a 2a school they wouldn't have all the athletes they have had over the years in 4a which means his argument that they would have all these titles is ridiculous. Does anybody else see it this way? Not mouthing you Rocket just don't agree with your logic. I see what you're saying and agree with that...but Rocket also makes a good point.:eek: At the 2A and below levels you have a lot of young head coaches that may have 2-3 years or less experience as an assistant....they either have success and move up, or no success and are "moved on";) but very few stick around long enough to build a dynasty. It's a huge advantage when you can start kids in the 7th grade running the same basic offense/defense they'll use when they get to varsity.

orange machine
10-22-2010, 04:24 PM
still :weeping: :weeping:

so you admit you'll cool on rocket, keep coming out, your almost there :thinking:
Another fantastic come back. By the way have you registered with the city and county you live in there I would hate for you to get into trouble?

orange machine
10-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
I see what you're saying and agree with that...but Rocket also makes a good point.:eek: At the 2A and below levels you have a lot of young head coaches that may have 2-3 years or less experience as an assistant....they either have success and move up, or no success and are "moved on";) but very few stick around long enough to build a dynasty. It's a huge advantage when you can start kids in the 7th grade running the same basic offense/defense they'll use when they get to varsity.
Yeah I see both sides of the argument.

garciap77
10-22-2010, 04:27 PM

WRONG!!!YOU MEAN THEY WOULD HAVE HAD 80 Titles by now! Other than that "YOU ARE DEAD ON"!

:D

garciap77
10-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Dude, I know the logistics of the argument. LOL I also know that in 2A, you got a coach that stayed with you, built a strong program, and then instilled a good system. BUT, he did it in 2A, where most of the GREAT coaches are moving up fast. 2A is full of young coaches, and every time a coach leaves, it usually means new program and new system. Your coach camped out in 2A, built a dynasty, and rolled. You had great community support and kids that bought into it and stayed and played. No turnover. Gordon Wood did the same thing but it was in 3A. It produces winners. But to have a great coach like Moore camp out in 2A in the 90-00's...man, I can see why you guys did what you did. It is not the same thing. Moore would not have had that success in 5A or 4A. Way sooner than later, those streaks and the monopoly would have stopped or not even begun. Way better competition.

Well, I hear some coaches have to drop down to 3A for a chance at a state title!:D

;)

Pick6
10-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Another fantastic come back. By the way have you registered with the city and county you live in there I would hate for you to get into trouble?

guess you don't listen very well do you, or you're not that smart. Comments were made from higher ups about making comments concerning kids. Be we all know you listen well, so it must be the your not smart choice.

Eagle 1
10-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
It's a huge advantage when you can start kids in the 7th grade running the same basic offense/defense they'll use when they get to varsity.

Actually the same can be said at ANY level.
I would think it would be easier to do in higher classifications and here is why. At the lower classifications a lot depends on the talent level. Some years the talent is there and some not. At the higher classifications the talent is ALWAYS there. Therefore if a coach sticks around at the higher classification level he should be able to build a dynasty. JMO.
I bet after this year Brownwood hopes Shipley sticks around.
I certainly do.

Eagle 1
10-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh one other thing.
G.A. Moore would be a success at ANY level.
Great coach, great leader, great mentor.

Rocket
10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
guess you don't listen very well do you, or you're not that smart. Comments were made from higher ups about making comments concerning kids. Be we all know you listen well, so it must be the your not smart choice.

I have a question. What's with the scripture in your signature? If you are gonna put that in your signature, you better raise your level of conduct. Just sayin'.

DaHop72
10-22-2010, 05:41 PM

:eek: Stick around long enough and you will get a touch of what it used to be like. That is after the Lions are through and Rockee goes back in his hole.:devil: :devil:

garciap77
10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Stick around long enough and you will get a touch of what it used to be like. That is after the Lions are through and Rockee goes back in his hole.:devil: :devil:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg

orange machine
10-22-2010, 05:48 PM
You are so smart you care to show me were I said something about a kid or kids? You think your so bright, but I guess you don't realize how stupid you look when you stalk me and mouth off at every Celina post you are so ignorant.

DalhartAlumni
10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
The Panhandle might not be strong from 3A-5A, but 2A and 1A the panhandle has some teams that i think could hang with some top 25 3A teams

Bushland-2A
Muleshoe-2A
Canadian-1A
Littlefield-2A

and the 3 2A teams are all in the same district and all ranked in the top 15 of 2A, now that is a tough district

Rocket
10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheRocketTheory-1.jpg

Wylie lost their third game of the season and went MIA...we had to send a search party out to find them.

http://brownwoodlions.com/myspace/garciahole.jpg

orange machine
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Wylie lost their third game of the season and went MIA...we had to send a search party out to find them.

Haha that's pretty funny.

Rocket
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Actually the same can be said at ANY level.
I would think it would be easier to do in higher classifications and here is why. At the lower classifications a lot depends on the talent level. Some years the talent is there and some not. At the higher classifications the talent is ALWAYS there. Therefore if a coach sticks around at the higher classification level he should be able to build a dynasty. JMO.
I bet after this year Brownwood hopes Shipley sticks around.
I certainly do.

http://brownwoodlions.com/special/ignorant.jpg

SintonFan
10-22-2010, 07:30 PM
What if teams who drop down in classification also lose population or just get older?
Can that not affect a town's energy or "Je Ne Se Qua"?
How does this affect the whole community? Does it? Or can it...
If "IT" can, then is this just another un-quantifiable variable result of losing energy(or other intangibles).

Is it possible that the opposite can be true?:eek:

What the bleep do I know?:D

garciap77
10-22-2010, 11:14 PM

Good thing I found you last year!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Hide-Osama-Bin-LadenandHisdogRocket-1.jpg

But it's our Secret!;)

Eagle 1
10-23-2010, 11:15 AM
http://brownwoodlions.com/special/ignorant.jpg

So what makes you subject matter expert gym rat? :rolleyes:

You have called me ignortant, a fool, and told me to shut up.
I guess the downlow rules don't apply to you.

Keep pecking behind that keyboard banty rooster, we will meet someday and you will have your chance to actually VOICE your opinion of me.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Everybody settle down....bartender...rounds for everyone.

Rocket
10-23-2010, 11:45 AM

Keep pecking behind that keyboard banty rooster, we will meet someday and you will have your chance to actually VOICE your opinion of me.

Oh my goodness..:rolleyes: If you would just stay away from me, we would get along fine. But you can't leave me alone... Just walk away...and maybe one day we will meet...I really don't care though. I don't know you. At all. I don't know your name, nothing. LOL It is funny how my opinion means so much to all you people here, especially you Eagle.

garciap77
10-23-2010, 11:52 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/GYMRAT.jpg

;)

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Dude, you don't seem to realize that GA Moore left Celina after the 2001 season, having arrived in 1988, he also coached Celina from '72-'76. Celina's record since Moore left in 2001:

2010 (8-0)
2009 (7-5)
2008 (12-4)
2007 (16-0)
2006 (15-1)
2005 (15-0)
2004 (13-1)
2003 (10-2)
2002 (11-1)

Eagle 1
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Oh my goodness..:rolleyes: If you would just stay away from me, we would get along fine. But you can't leave me alone... Just walk away...and maybe one day we will meet...I really don't care though. I don't know you. At all. I don't know your name, nothing. LOL It is funny how my opinion means so much to all you people here, especially you Eagle.

After serving 23 years in the military, I guess it's hard for me to "just walk" away after you insult me.
No it's not really funny at all.

garciap77
10-23-2010, 12:12 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketPecking.jpg

;)

Rocket
10-23-2010, 12:19 PM
After serving 23 years in the military, I guess it's hard for me to "just walk" away after you insult me.
No it's not really funny at all.

I'll make you a deal. I'll never insult you again. I apologize for calling you names, and ignorant, and a fool. Will that work? We good?

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Another round, bar keep!!!

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Dude, you don't seem to realize that GA Moore left Celina after the 2001 season, having arrived in 1988, he also coached Celina from '72-'76. Celina's record since Moore left in 2001:

2010 (8-0)
2009 (7-5)
2008 (12-4)
2007 (16-0)
2006 (15-1)
2005 (15-0)
2004 (13-1)
2003 (10-2)
2002 (11-1)

By the way Rocket, that adds up to 107 wins 13 losses, or a winning percentage of 89%, and before you reply with your 2A crap, only '04 and '05 were spent in 2A. So it doesn't seem to matter whether Celina is coached by Moore, or being moved up a class or down a class...also note that these seasons occurred in the 21st century. Will you please post Brownwood's record over that time period, so that we can compare, or rather contrast?
cheers

Rocket
10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh did Celina play in 4A? There is no comparison! Different area, different classification. If they didn't, please sit down.

See my Celina Theory thread. It will break it all down for you where even you can understand it. ;)

Rocket
10-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Everybody knows the level of competition in your little Podunk area, as well. You hardly ever schedule any good teams in predistrict. It's a big freaking joke. Go look at all the 5A teams Brownwood played in 2004-2007 and see enrollment comparisons. So many factors. You have no earthly clue.

The Celina Theory. ;) look it up.

Eagle 1
10-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll make you a deal. I'll never insult you again. I apologize for calling you names, and ignorant, and a fool. Will that work? We good?

Truce.
If you go back and read my post, I wasn't really talking to you I was responding to Pendragon13 and giving my opinion.

"Another beer dragon lady".......

Rocket
10-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Truce.
If you go back and read my post, I wasn't really talking to you I was responding to Pendragon13 and giving my opinion.

"Another beer dragon lady".......

Good deal.

Cut wimbo off... It's 2:00pm and he's been drunk since 10am.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Good deal.

Cut wimbo off... It's 2:00pm and he's been drunk since 10am.

LOLOL...not today. I play in a classic rock band on the weekends, and we are gigging tonight. So, I gotta keep sober for a bit...maybe till 10pm or so. After that? All bets are off....LOL

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Everybody knows the level of competition in your little Podunk area, as well. You hardly ever schedule any good teams in predistrict. It's a big freaking joke. Go look at all the 5A teams Brownwood played in 2004-2007 and see enrollment comparisons. So many factors. You have no earthly clue.

The Celina Theory. ;) look it up.
Why will you not post Brownwood's record over that same time period?
Also, you didn't respond to the rebuttal that GA Moore was responsible for Celina's wins...
The last 2 years Celina had 2 4A teams on the schedule plus Dangerfield... 2 1/2 hours away.
Celina is one of the smaller schools in 3A at 558.
And how did that work out for Brownwood during 2004-2007, post the schedule and results.
These are facts, one doesn't need to have a clue or 'theories'.
Answer this simply question, YES or NO, would you rather have had Celina's record over the last 8 -12 years, or the last three including this year, or Brownwood's?
YES or NO

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 03:22 PM
I think the only thing truly relevant about 2A titles is that is gives the kids, community, and coaches the mindset of being a champion. This can help build programs at any level. What Celina has done in 2A is great. Well deserved. It's just not comparable to 4A. Maybe fun to debate but won't matter one way or the other.

Eagle 1
10-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I think the only thing truly relevant about 2A titles is that is gives the kids, community, and coaches the mindset of being a champion. This can help build programs at any level. What Celina has done in 2A is great. Well deserved. It's just not comparable to 4A. Maybe fun to debate but won't matter one way or the other.

With that respect, 4A is not comparable to 5A.
However, I bet SLC cheerish their 3A titles as much as their 5A.
Still a state title at ANY level is to be commended.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I dont get it. If the level of talent increases with each classification, then its just as hard (or as easy) to win in one classification as the next, since talent level follows population. I dont get the "its harder in 5A" argument.

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 03:37 PM
With that respect, 4A is not comparable to 5A.
However, I bet SLC cheerish their 3A titles as much as their 5A.
Still a state title at ANY level is to be commended. The part that is ironic to me is how he jumps back and forth over the fence of "enrollment is relevant/enrollment is irrelevant" Sure BW won titles in 4A....WITH A 4A ENROLLMENT! As opposed to Celina winning 2A titles w/.....YOU GUESSED IT....2A enrollment. So the whole argument that "well BW did it in 4A and Celina only did it in 2A is completely void and ridiculous. OF COURSE they won their titles in their perspective classifications. I've never heard of "Out of Classifications State Titles". GEEZUS, LOL.

BOTH OF YOU TWO TOWNS SHUT THE HECK UP!!! LOL. :D :kiss:

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dont get it. If the level of talent increases with each classification, then its just as hard (or as easy) to win in one classification as the next, since talent level follows population. I dont get the "its harder in 5A" argument.
Sheesh. What's so hard to understand? *Lower* level(s) were where *certainteamswhoshallremainnameless* won their titles while *upper* level(s) were where *otherteamswhoshallalsoremainnameless* won theirs! What's so confusing about that? :doh:

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Copp Cove's final year in 4A they were above 5A cutoff. :thinking:

wimbo_pro
10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sheesh. What's so hard to understand? *Lower* level(s) were where *certainteamswhoshallremainnameless* won their titles while *upper* level(s) were where *otherteamswhoshallalsoremainnameless* won theirs! What's so confusing about that? :doh:

Hush LHPM. LOL

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sheesh. What's so hard to understand? *Lower* level(s) were where *certainteamswhoshallremainnameless* won their titles while *upper* level(s) were where *otherteamswhoshallalsoremainnameless* won theirs! What's so confusing about that? :doh: :tisk: HEY!!....I see what you did there..... :D

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Absolute RUBISH! Or 5A or 3A?? You seem to be indicating that results only in class 4A matter... what classification is Brownwood? Will your much talked about, but not earned 3A title in '10 matter one way or the other?
But I'll go with it for the moment... take away the Celina 2A results and you get:
2010 (8-0)
2009 (7-5)
2008 (12-4)
2007 (16-0)
2006 (15-1)
2003 (10-2)
2002 (11-1)
You know what? I'm not an even a dyed-orange Celina evangelist... I live here now, have had family here for about 30 years, my son plays jv etc. However, I enter these senseless debates because I can't stand to read the BS you post regarding contrived theories and casting smaller classifications and the kids and programs involved, as 'cute' but meaningless.
I'm sure you said the same thing about 3A when Brownwood was 4A, now you've been in it for 3 years and you haven't done CRAP! Celina moved UP to 3A in '06 and was in the title game the next 3 years in a row.
How long before Brownwood is 2A? You have a population of 18,837 that has grown by 0.1% since 2000... a lot of old people just getting older. Celina has population of just 5100 (2010 census), an increase of 174% over the same period.
Although growth has slowed, I reckon that, according to the trends, Celina will be playing for 4A titles about the same time Brownwood is vying for a 'cute' 2A title.
Over and out!

3afan
10-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Copp Cove's final year in 4A they were above 5A cutoff. :thinking:

thats not at all uncommon ( a school being over the current cutoff in their class during year 2)

IHStangFan
10-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats not at all uncommon ( a school being over the current cutoff in their class during year 2) No kidding /s/ Zapata :D

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Moveindad all I was saying is that you can't compare 2A to 4A. You can only compare what class you are in to the people you play. I was actually trying to stick up for your team not say 4A is tougher. My only point was that it isn't comparable. Not that it's any less relevant or anything. Sheesh calm down

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Moveindad all I was saying is that you can't compare 2A to 4A. You can only compare what class you are in to the people you play. I was actually trying to stick up for your team not say 4A is tougher. My only point was that it isn't comparable. Not that it's any less relevant or anything. Sheesh calm down
:) No problem, aimed really at Rocket's bs, however you did say that..."I think the only thing truly relevant about 2A titles is that is gives the kids, community, and coaches the mindset of being a champion." Which indicates they are 'pretend' titles, like they exist only in their own 'mindsets'... which of course I think you'll find most people will disagree.

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 04:29 PM
When you start to believe you are a Champion, you start to play better and your program builds. It's a WINNERS mentality. Am I missing something? I was not saying anything was pretend. I said it was great and well-deserved.

Tin Cup
10-23-2010, 04:30 PM
We all know Rocket is crazy. Don't take it to heart or he wins!!!!

Rocket
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Absolute RUBISH! Or 5A or 3A?? You seem to be indicating that results only in class 4A matter... what classification is Brownwood? Will your much talked about, but not earned 3A title in '10 matter one way or the other?
But I'll go with it for the moment... take away the Celina 2A results and you get:
2010 (8-0)
2009 (7-5)
2008 (12-4)
2007 (16-0)
2006 (15-1)
2003 (10-2)
2002 (11-1)
You know what? I'm not an even a dyed-orange Celina evangelist... I live here now, have had family here for about 30 years, my son plays jv etc. However, I enter these senseless debates because I can't stand to read the BS you post regarding contrived theories and casting smaller classifications and the kids and programs involved, as 'cute' but meaningless.
I'm sure you said the same thing about 3A when Brownwood was 4A, now you've been in it for 3 years and you haven't done DICK! Celina moved UP to 3A in '06 and was in the title game the next 3 years in a row.
How long before Brownwood is 2A? You have a population of 18,837 that has grown by 0.1% since 2000... a lot of old people just getting older. Celina has population of just 5100 (2010 census), an increase of 174% over the same period.
Although growth has slowed, I reckon that, according to the trends, Celina will be playing for 4A titles about the same time Brownwood is vying for a 'cute' 2A title.
Over and out!

Did I make ya mad? LOL

This is the argument you thickheaded baboon. You cannot say "looky what we did in 2A and looky what you did in 4A" THERE IS NO COMPARISON THERE. Yes, you won titles. Yes they mean something! But don't compare them to Brownwood who has been playing in a MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE CLASS. If we had been in 3A all this time, then yeah it is comparable. Either way, you have only won one in 3A. And the way things are looking, we may have our 7th in 3A. Let's compare that. Good job on the 2A level, but it has nothing to do with this board, this classification, and these teams. Got it?

MoveInDad
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
True, time to get a life... enjoy your weekend.

garciap77
10-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

It's not! This only happens in Rocket's "MIND"!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/16_gost20crasy.jpg
Now! Wimpy, you should know better!:D

;)

garciap77
10-23-2010, 07:25 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/16_gost20crasy.jpg

;)

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 03:03 PM

The Celina Theory. ;) look it up. And y'alls plan has worked out how since you dropped????

Rocket
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And y'alls plan has worked out how since you dropped????

Hide and watch...

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Did I make ya mad? LOL

This is the argument you thickheaded baboon. You cannot say "looky what we did in 2A and looky what you did in 4A" THERE IS NO COMPARISON THERE. Yes, you won titles. Yes they mean something! But don't compare them to Brownwood who has been playing in a MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE CLASS. If we had been in 3A all this time, then yeah it is comparable. Either way, you have only won one in 3A. And the way things are looking, we may have our 7th in 3A. Let's compare that. Good job on the 2A level, but it has nothing to do with this board, this classification, and these teams. Got it? Nor does your 4A failures. Baboon??? Really? Come on. You heve been mired in junior high too long.

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Hide and watch... Missing the point but what's unusual about that. YOU Dropped to 3A, We moved up and have played in 3 state championship games out of 4. How many has Brownwood played in in 4 years? Zactly!

Rocket
10-24-2010, 03:13 PM
This is our 3rd Season in 3A. You guys didnt have a new program to set up after you dropped. We did and now we rollin'. HIDE AND WATCH.

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 03:34 PM
This is our 3rd Season in 3A. You guys didnt have a new program to set up after you dropped. We did and now we rollin'. HIDE AND WATCH. So you will be in the next 3 of 4 chamionship games or just this year you have a chance?

Rocket
10-24-2010, 03:40 PM
So you will be in the next 3 of 4 chamionship games or just this year you have a chance?

Sure. Why not? Just remember, Celina is getting worse every year, Brownwood is improving.

bobcat1
10-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Sure. Why not? Just remember, Celina is getting worse every year, Brownwood is improving. Worse? We had a terrible year at 7-5, (not 3-7 :doh: )Just remember the if the record books say 9 after the end of the year it won't be Brownwood holding the record. :D

garciap77
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
This is our 3rd Season in 3A. You guys didnt have a new program to set up after you dropped. We did and now we rollin'. HIDE AND WATCH.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/noexcusescopy-1.jpg

;)

Rocket
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Worse? We had a terrible year at 7-5, (not 3-7 :doh: )Just remember the if the record books say 9 after the end of the year it won't be Brownwood holding the record. :D

Beat LL and then we will talk about it. There is nothing Celina has done so far that says they can beat a team like Lovejoy. Brownwood is head and shoulders above Celina and that #2 Rank...and if it came down to it, nobody in their right mind would pick Celina to beat Brownwood. (Notice I said in their right mind) That makes Celina fans CRAZY...:crazy1:

Did you see our schedule the year we went 3-7? Give me a break, Ford wouldn't even sniff a schedule like that. The Celina Theory...read it..

Yeah you guys win and yeah you guys won't schedule nobody..Ford tried it last year and it backfired big time. So back to the pud schedule ya go...