PDA

View Full Version : Random CFN thoughts on the Big XII

3afan
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
- The offense sucks and the coaching staff appears to have given up on the idea of using the running backs to balance things out, but watch out for Texas. The Longhorns will roll out of bed and blow up Iowa State as part of a run of five home games in the final six. The road trip is at Kansas State … whoopee. If the defense can rise up against Oklahoma State, Texas is going to win out, be 10-2, and will be right there for yet another Big 12 South title until the final day.

- It’ll help that Oklahoma will lose twice. Flip a coin on whether or not the Florida State Sooners show up in Columbia instead of the Utah State or Cincinnati versions, but at some point, either this week, or in Waco, or in College Station, or Stillwater, the clunker will come.

- Please, no gushing about how good the Sooners are based on blowing away Iowa State.

- Nebraska’s defense doesn’t give up jack squat. If Oklahoma State puts up at least 21 points and beats the Huskers, it’ll be time to really get excited. With dates against Texas and Oklahoma still to deal with, the chances will be there for the Cowboys to get the national respect needed to fly up the BCS rankings.

- Baylor, if you want to go to a bowl game for the first time as a member of the Big 12, take care of business at home this week against Kansas State. The final four games are at Texas, at Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma. The Bears are good enough this year to win at least one of those, but the collar will quickly get tight if a sixth win isn’t already secured.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
- The offense sucks and the coaching staff appears to have given up on the idea of using the running backs to balance things out, but watch out for Texas.

I dont really understand this comment about the RBs for Texas..Agianst Neb they had 3 get 10 carries each..seems to me they went back to using their RBs more

Mojado
10-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Are these 3Afan's personal thoughts or did he cut and paste from elsewhere???

big daddy russ
10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont really understand this comment about the RBs for Texas..Agianst Neb they had 3 get 10 carries each..seems to me they went back to using their RBs more
I'd agree to an extent, but it seemed more that they were involved only because the receivers couldn't seen to do anything, not as a point of balance on offense.

Originally posted by Mojado
Cut-and-paste from College Football News.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'd agree to an extent, but it seemed more that they were involved only because the receivers couldn't seen to do anything, not as a point of balance on offense.

Cut-and-paste from College Football News.

I actually thing it was the game plan..NU has one of the best if not the best secondary in the nation..that is why we saw Gilbert running more.

sahen
10-22-2010, 12:05 PM
if Baylor wins and gets to a bowl and the Rangers win and get to the World Series someone better be sending Satan a jacket...

WildTexan972
10-22-2010, 12:23 PM
the random thoughts should include how the new Tech coaching staff has caused their program to be completely wiped off the face of the earth in relevance.....

thank goodness the QB that can't be named is a senior....

and once the true story of the screw up with the bigshot JUCO DL player that had to leave the team for the year gets out, the coach may not be viewed in near a positive of a light as he has been in the past.....

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the random thoughts should include how the new Tech coaching staff has caused their program to be completely wiped off the face of the earth in relevance.....

thank goodness the QB that can't be named is a senior....

and once the true story of the screw up with the bigshot JUCO DL player that had to leave the team for the year gets out, the coach may not be viewed in near a positive of a light as he has been in the past.....

well? What is the true story?

3afan
10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Mojado

see the thraad title ... CFN = College Football News

Red&White_9x5
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree that Texas wins out to go 10-2. I agree that OU will drop at least one ballgame before the end of conference play. I say OSU beats Nebraska this week. Baylor wins this week and one of their last 4 ballgames to go with it