PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Audible

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 07:56 AM
TXBroadcaster!

Things have been a little slow on here this week so I will get this thing jumping a little:

I watched a ESPN show called the Audible. The hosts are Steve Young, Keyshon Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Herm Edwards. Last night the subject was asked if Wade Philips or Tony Romo was responsible for the Cowboys poor start.

I paraphrase:

Steve Young: The Cowboys have underachieved big time in at least the past half decade. They have been one of the most talented teams in the NFL and have accomplished nothing. Anytime a team continues to underachieve season after season you have to look up! The problems start at the top! Playing QB in the NFL is like driving a Mazzerati. The Cowboys Mazzerati leaks oil in 5th gear!

Keyshon Johnson: You can't win a Superbowl with a average QB! Although Tony Romo does occasionally do well he too often makes something negative happen late in the 4th quarter. The Cowboys have a lot of questions and the biggest question is the QB!

I can't remember word for word what these guys said but it was pretty obvious that NONE of these 4 hosts were impressed with your boy, Romo! Comments? :D :D

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I will have to try and catch the show to see, hard to get a feel from your paraphrasing

I would be REAL shocked if Young said it how you typed..He has on more the one occasion called Romo a top 5 QB

As far as KJ..if he said of all the Cowboy Problems right now at 1-4 that Romo was the biggest one..than it shows how stupid KJ is...Like Romo or not I dont see how anyone could say Romo is the biggest problem for the Cowboys right now

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I will have to try and catch the show to see, hard to get a feel from your paraphrasing

I would be REAL shocked if Young said it how you typed..He has on more the one occasion called Romo a top 5 QB

As far as KJ..if he said of all the Cowboy Problems right now at 1-4 that Romo was the biggest one..than it shows how stupid KJ is...Like Romo or not I dont see how anyone could say Romo is the biggest problem for the Cowboys right now

What? You don't trust in my paraphrasing????? I'm insulted! :(

KJ certainly made it plain he didn't care for Romo at all! He actually called him a average QB and said Romo always makes negative things happen in the 4th quarter. I have always thought KJ was a nut! And Steve Young and the others did questiion KJ when he said Romo was average. But both Steve young and Herm Edwards said the problems with the Cowboys start at the top and that this has been one of the most talented teams in the NFL for years. Steves referrence to a Mazzarati was kind of weird but I took it to mean that Romo was NOT a Mazzarati and leaked oil in 5th gear! Perhaps a biased interpretation of his what he really meant????statement????

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
What? You don't trust in my paraphrasing????? I'm insulted! :(

KJ certainly made it plain he didn't care for Romo at all! He actually called him a average QB and said Romo always makes negative things happen in the 4th quarter. I have always thought KJ was a nut! And Steve Young and the others did questiion KJ when he said Romo was average. But both Steve young and Herm Edwards said the problems with the Cowboys start at the top and that this has been one of the most talented teams in the NFL for years. Steves referrence to a Mazzarati was kind of weird but I took it to mean that Romo was NOT a Mazzarati and leaked oil in 5th gear! Perhaps a biased interpretation of his what he really meant????statement????

lol no it is not about trusting your paraphrasing at all..It is about getting a fee for what they meant

I do know Trent Dilfer said last week with all the problems of the offensive line and penalties he felt Romo was playing the best of all QBs in the league right now lol

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Steves referrence to a Mazzarati was kind of weird but I took it to mean that Romo was NOT a Mazzarati and leaked oil in 5th gear! Perhaps a biased interpretation of his what he really meant????statement????

See from how you typed it I took it to mean..Romo as an NFL QB is drivng a Mazzarati(the team) that because of the penalties and mistakes is leaking oil

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
See from how you typed it I took it to mean..Romo as an NFL QB is drivng a Mazzarati(the team) that because of the penalties and mistakes is leaking oil

No! I like my interpretation better! :D

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2010, 09:31 AM

Keyshon Johnson: You can't win a Superbowl with a average QB!

Keyshawn should give his ring back then, because Brad Johnson was his quarterback when they won the Super Bowl.

:doh:

CenTexSports
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Mike and Mike talked about this this morning and their take was that very little blame went to Romo. The blame went to the top of the organization.

Several ex-players said the Wade was a very good coach and that even though he was not flashy, he knew how to coach and did it very well.

The only constant from the last SB win until now is Jerry Jones. As much as I like Wade, Jerry needs to hire a Herm Edwards or Cower and get the heck out of their way.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Mike and Mike talked about this this morning and their take was that very little blame went to Romo. The blame went to the top of the organization.

Several ex-players said the Wade was a very good coach and that even though he was not flashy, he knew how to coach and did it very well.

The only constant from the last SB win until now is Jerry Jones. As much as I like Wade, Jerry needs to hire a Herm Edwards or Cower and get the heck out of their way.

oh god PLEASE NO on Herm edwards..he is IMO would make Wade look like a coaching Genius

coach
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
TXBroadcaster!

Things have been a little slow on here this week so I will get this thing jumping a little:

I watched a ESPN show called the Audible. The hosts are Steve Young, Keyshon Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Herm Edwards. Last night the subject was asked if Wade Philips or Tony Romo was responsible for the Cowboys poor start.

I paraphrase:

Steve Young: The Cowboys have underachieved big time in at least the past half decade. They have been one of the most talented teams in the NFL and have accomplished nothing. Anytime a team continues to underachieve season after season you have to look up! The problems start at the top! Playing QB in the NFL is like driving a Mazzerati. The Cowboys Mazzerati leaks oil in 5th gear!

Keyshon Johnson: You can't win a Superbowl with a average QB! Although Tony Romo does occasionally do well he too often makes something negative happen late in the 4th quarter. The Cowboys have a lot of questions and the biggest question is the QB!

I can't remember word for word what these guys said but it was pretty obvious that NONE of these 4 hosts were impressed with your boy, Romo! Comments? :D :D

Farmersfan as we all iknow me and you butt heads about this Romo thing all the time, and I say this with 100% truth. You make more sense than Keyshawn. He has no clue. This is the same guy who said TO was a bad teammate bc he was asking to be thrown the ball to more.

Just give me the damn ball- Keyshawn Johnson.

He is a moron and if I were you trying to prove a point I would Leave KJ out of it.

coach
10-22-2010, 11:08 AM
oh god PLEASE NO on Herm edwards..he is IMO would make Wade look like a coaching Genius

The HERMINATOR!!!!!!

WildTexan972
10-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Tony Romo is a system QB.....he has some flashes that look like he is great because of the team he is on and the players around him.....but now it is catching up to him and while the SB is going on in Arlington him and his teammates will be at some mexican resort chasin hollywood starlets by the pool - THAT is what he is about as the Cowboys QB....it draws in the noo.....I mean.....the womens.....

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
Tony Romo is a system QB.....he has some flashes that look like he is great because of the team he is on and the players around him.....but now it is catching up to him and while the SB is going on in Arlington him and his teammates will be at some mexican resort chasin hollywood starlets by the pool - THAT is what he is about as the Cowboys QB....it draws in the noo.....I mean.....the womens.....

what player around him?...Look at his offense

u have one WR who was an undrafted FA..another who is considered a bust...one RB who was a 4th round pick..one a first round but not used alot...the TE is only position that you could say is a stud pick

So who makes who look good? Romo making the likes of Austin and Williams better or the other way around?

GrTigers6
10-22-2010, 12:19 PM
TXBroadcaster!

I paraphrase:

I can't remember word for word what these guys said but it was pretty obvious that NONE of these 4 hosts were impressed with your boy, Romo! Comments? :D :D out of those four people Herm Edwards is the only one that even halfway has a clue. I cant listen to KJ , Young or Dilfer. They are always making remarks that are way out there.

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by coach
Farmersfan as we all iknow me and you butt heads about this Romo thing all the time, and I say this with 100% truth. You make more sense than Keyshawn. He has no clue. This is the same guy who said TO was a bad teammate bc he was asking to be thrown the ball to more.

Just give me the damn ball- Keyshawn Johnson.

He is a moron and if I were you trying to prove a point I would Leave KJ out of it.

Great job Coach! You manage to insult me and put down Keyshawn at the same time! :D :D
I also don't care much for Keyshawn! But KJ has one thing that most other people in the business don't have, A BIG MOUTH! He isn't afraid to say what he is thinking. Keyshawn has gotten into a lot of trouble in his career for telling it like it is. (In his opinion). Charles Barkely is exactly the same way and he has pissed off most Mavs fans for his comments about Dirk! But my opinion is that MOST people think the same way that Barkely and Keyshawn think even if they aren't willing to say it!

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Great job Coach! You manage to insult me and put down Keyshawn at the same time! :D :D
I also don't care much for Keyshawn! But KJ has one thing that most other people in the business don't have, A BIG MOUTH! He isn't afraid to say what he is thinking. Keyshawn has gotten into a lot of trouble in his career for telling it like it is. (In his opinion). Charles Barkely is exactly the same way and he has pissed off most Mavs fans for his comments about Dirk! But my opinion is that MOST people think the same way that Barkely and Keyshawn think even if they aren't willing to say it!

their opinion does not = being right..it is just their views.

Like someone mentioned..KJ won a SB with Brad Johnson as his QB..not exactly the leader of leaders

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
out of those four people Herm Edwards is the only one that even halfway has a clue. I cant listen to KJ , Young or Dilfer. They are always making remarks that are way out there.

So I guess instead of listening to Herm Edwards, Steve Young, KJ and Dilfer with their combined 100 years of hands-on football experience, multiple Superbowl rings and MILLIONS & MILLIONS of dollars in the bank for their football abilities either playing or coaching, I should listen to GrTiger6??????

Just let me know when your show is airing on ESPN and I will tune in.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 12:55 PM
their opinion does not = being right..it is just their views.

Like someone mentioned..KJ won a SB with Brad Johnson as his QB..not exactly the leader of leaders

Of course it doesn't! But is their opinion MORE LIKELY to be right than Txbroadcasters opinion or Coaches opinion?????

Be honest! Are you arrogant enough to state that you know more about Pro Football than Keyshawn does? We might not agree with these guys but to call them clueless is pretty clueless in itself.

Red&White_9x5
10-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

I agree with the part about hiring Bill Cower while I strongly disagree that Herm Edwards would make the situation any better. Edwards did SOME decent things in NY and KC, but I don't think he could fix Dallas' problem. Bill Cower would get it going in a hurry IF Jerry would agree to stay out of his way and let him work

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I agree with the part about hiring Bill Cower while I strongly disagree that Herm Edwards would make the situation any better. Edwards did SOME decent things in NY and KC, but I don't think he could fix Dallas' problem. Bill Cower would get it going in a hurry IF Jerry would agree to stay out of his way and let him work

I agree that Herm Edwards wouldn't fix anything. Cowher has always been my choice.
The thing that is really starting to bother me is that Jerry hasn't fired anyone yet! Someone should have been fired to send a message. I think it should have been Wade but if not him then some assistant coach...............

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree that Herm Edwards wouldn't fix anything. Cowher has always been my choice.
The thing that is really starting to bother me is that Jerry hasn't fired anyone yet! Someone should have been fired to send a message. I think it should have been Wade but if not him then some assistant coach...............

so who do you fire? and who do you replace them with?

IMO firing in season is never a good thing..it does nothing but cause more upheaval

DDBooger
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Wonder if Tony Dungy would come out of retirement.

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 01:32 PM
so who do you fire? and who do you replace them with?

IMO firing in season is never a good thing..it does nothing but cause more upheaval

This team is 1-4 with a VERY GOOD chance of being 1-5 after Monday night. Upheaval might be just the ticket. I know it can't be any worst (worse?)..........

coach
10-22-2010, 01:49 PM

i actually wasnt trying to insult you i was trying to say how dumb he is..and actually charels has gone back on some things about dirk especially 2 years ago when he played so well against SA and Denver

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Of course it doesn't! But is their opinion MORE LIKELY to be right than Txbroadcasters opinion or Coaches opinion?????

Be honest! Are you arrogant enough to state that you know more about Pro Football than Keyshawn does? We might not agree with these guys but to call them clueless is pretty clueless in itself.

It is not about who knows more Farmer..it is about my view, your view and others view..we all can watch the same thing and come away with 100 different thoughts...none are wrong..but all are just personal views that we can all debate and discuss...just because someone spent 20 years in football does not meant they know something about a situation they are not close to..just means they have inside GENERAL perspective.

btw..yes I am arrogant enough to think I know more..so what big whoop

GrTigers6
10-22-2010, 02:27 PM
So I guess instead of listening to Herm Edwards, Steve Young, KJ and Dilfer with their combined 100 years of hands-on football experience, multiple Superbowl rings and MILLIONS & MILLIONS of dollars in the bank for their football abilities either playing or coaching, I should listen to GrTiger6??????

Just let me know when your show is airing on ESPN and I will tune in.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just because you played football doesnt make you an expert. Those three players have I am the best player that ever lived ego's so I dont listen to a word they say in fact it usually angers me when I have no choice but to listen. And when did I tell you that i was an expert and you should listen to me. I just simply stated my opinion about your references. If you think my influence on this board changes anyones opinions you are deeply mistaken. :D