PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Rangers Yankees

orange machine
10-22-2010, 05:30 AM
No game for Celina tonight so I think I'm gonna stay home and watch the Rangers make history.

Rangers 6
Yanks 3

3afan
10-22-2010, 06:09 AM
i'll be there in my ranger red ...

Global Swarming
10-22-2010, 06:30 AM
If I were Ron Washington, I would be tempted to throw Cliff Lee tonight if he felt good. There's no way I want this series to go 7. The Yanks have some momentum after game 5 and I want to close this out tonight.

GrTigers6
10-22-2010, 06:35 AM
I think Colby Lewis against Hughes is a great matchup for us. Plus I dont want to use cliff unless its absolutely needed. Start him off against NL

Global Swarming
10-22-2010, 06:47 AM
Yeah I would love to see him be able to start the first game of the WS but we have to get there first. I just don't want it to get to 7 games. The Yankees always find a way to get the job done. I just hope that the blown lead in game 1 doesn't cost us the series.

steers2
10-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I wouldn't throw Lee tonight just because he is our ace in the hole. If you throw him tonight and the yankees somehow beat him, you pretty much just gave them the series with Pettite pitching against Lewis. We need to give ourselves 2 cracks at it just in case. Go Rangers!!

IrishTex
10-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Do the CLAW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjDTJ0uiZI

Global Swarming
10-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Do the CLAW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjDTJ0uiZI

I ordered my wife and me the red claw and antlers shirt the other day. The red ones look sweet. Hopefully after the season is over I'll be able to get us some world champion t- shirts. That would be so sweet.

LH_Tuff
10-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I really want the Rangers to put it away tonight. However, I see a made-for-tv Yankee comeback happening. Just a feeling.

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I really want the Rangers to put it away tonight. However, I see a made-for-tv Yankee comeback happening. Just a feeling.

Well they do have to get something for that additional 200 million in payroll!!!!! :D

bobcat1
10-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Come on Colby Lewis and the Ranger's bats. Let's look alive out there tonight!

Super_R
10-22-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
If I were Ron Washington, I would be tempted to throw Cliff Lee tonight if he felt good. There's no way I want this series to go 7. The Yanks have some momentum after game 5 and I want to close this out tonight.

I'd rather have a rested Cliff Lee in game 7 vs a "i can go if you need me" in game 6.

Caldwell_CRU
10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
I would take Cliff Lee rested.

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
I'd rather have a rested Cliff Lee in game 7 vs a "i can go if you need me" in game 6.

I'm pretty sure the Rangers have the advantage in both of the pitching matchups for game 6 and game 7 if needed! This series will be won or lost by the bats! The Rangers hitting has to continue like they were in the first few games. If they hit like they did in game 5 this series is the Yankees to lose. But i expect the Rangers will come out very offensive minded tonight and end this thing for good! Game 5 was a perfect example of why I don't like CJ Wilson very much. I hope the rest of the team isn't thinking to themselves that no matter what happens they still have Cliff Lee for a game 7! The Yankees have always managed to perform at a very high level in a game 7 and the Rangers have never had to perform with this kind of pressure. Better to end it tonight!

CenTexSports
10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Cliff Lee will not pitch on short rest. He was asked to do it in Philly and he refused and I heard he will not do it.

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Loved this matchup the first time, and still like it the second time.

IMO, this is what changed the series from the Yankees favor to the Rangers. The Yankees should have started Pettitte in Game 2 and Hughes in Game 3. Rather than trying to beat Cliff Lee, they should have given themselves the best opportunity to win all the other games.

I think Pettitte is much better than Colby Lewis, but I think Lewis is better than Hughes.

If Pettitte gave his Game 3 outing in Game 2, the Rangers are facing elimination today.

Instead, I feel a World Series appearance on the horizon.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2010, 09:38 AM
When Hughes is on he can be downright dominating( 12 of his starts he gave up 2 ER or less)

but when he is off he is not much a battler..so if they hit him like we hit CC in game 5 I think the Rangers will be fine

MoveInDad
10-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I'm pretty sure the Rangers have the advantage in both of the pitching matchups for game 6 and game 7 if needed! This series will be won or lost by the bats! The Rangers hitting has to continue like they were in the first few games. If they hit like they did in game 5 this series is the Yankees to lose.
Just felt i needed to point out that the Rangers out-hit the Yanks in game five 13-9... with CC on the mound.

Deuce
10-22-2010, 11:54 AM
We have hit the ball well every game this series, and it will happen again tonight! The only reason we lost game 5 is because we didn't have the timely hits that we needed. And i don't think the Yankees have any momentum going into this game at all. Take a look at how we finished game 1. Everyone thought the series was over after that because we blew the lead and they come back and won. Well, that didn't mean a whole lot in game 2 did it. We just need 6 strong from Cobra, and this is a done deal!!!

Red&White_9x5
10-22-2010, 12:42 PM
the advantage of going up in the series 3-1 earlier in the week is that you don't have to throw your best arm on short rest. You take your chances tonight with Lewis, and in the event it goes to a game 7 you have him ready and rested

Deuce
10-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
the advantage of going up in the series 3-1 earlier in the week is that you don't have to throw your best arm on short rest. You take your chances tonight with Lewis, and in the event it goes to a game 7 you have him ready and rested

AGREE!

Farmersfan
10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5

Agreed! It's just that my nerves want it ended tonight!

Red&White_9x5
10-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Me too, if it goes 7 I am confident, but will be a nervous wreck

steers2
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM
If it goes to game 7 I might have to bring a keg into the living room instead of a 12oz can. Man these games make me nervous!!