View Full Version : First grandchild!

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Just found out that I am a grandfather.

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Name: Dakota Jane

Don't know what they were smoking when they picked that name but they probably shouldn't do it anymore.:doh:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Don't know what they were smoking when they picked that name but they probably shouldn't do it anymore.:doh:

Major congrats!!!

That's a big baby!!!!!

I have found out over the past few weeks that I have 2 more grandchildren "in the oven."

Those grandbabies do something to your heart!!!!!

Phil C
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Congratulations!

Welcome to the World Dakota Jane!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Don't know what they were smoking when they picked that name but they probably shouldn't do it anymore.:doh: Could have been Calamity Jane :)

congrats.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Could have been Calamity Jane :)

congrats.

or Mary Jane:thinking:

Congrats, my parents tell me there is no feeling in the world that could replace it.

95mustang
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Congrats indeed! I think the name is just fine.

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
or Mary Jane:thinking:

Congrats, my parents tell me there is no feeling in the world that could replace it.

Mary Jane is probably more appropriate. Of course they do live in Oregon and those folks are a little different out there.:D

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks to all of ya'll. Just have a few mixed emotions right now.:)

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Major congrats!!!

That's a big baby!!!!!

I have found out over the past few weeks that I have 2 more grandchildren "in the oven."

Those grandbabies do something to your heart!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me that the baby is big. My daughter is 6' tall. :D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Mary Jane is probably more appropriate. Of course they do live in Oregon and those folks are a little different out there.:D

So what name do you not like??

Dakota or Jane??

I love the name Dakota myself!!!

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Could have been Calamity Jane :)

congrats.

That's funny. I hadn't thought of that. I guess I should be thankful.

waterboy
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Congratulations, Grandpa! I'm hoping it'll be at least 10 more years before I become a grandparent.

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 03:42 PM
So what name do you not like??

Dakota or Jane??

I love the name Dakota myself!!!

I don't dislike either name individually. I'm not thrilled with them put together is all.

If you are going to use a name like Dakota, maybe there shouldn't be a middle name.

I think "Jane" would fit beautifully with a first name of Elizabeth.
"Elizabeth Jane" See

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't dislike either name individually. I'm not thrilled with them put together is all.

If you are going to use a name like Dakota, maybe there shouldn't be a middle name.

"Elizabeth Jane" See

What?? No middle name???

Then what would you call her when she was in trouble?????:p

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
What?? No middle name???

Then what would you call her when she was in trouble?????:p :evillol: And then even worse when it's all three names together.:eek:

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 04:37 PM
What?? No middle name???

Then what would you call her when she was in trouble?????:p

I give all the kids nicknames anyways. It doesn't matter what their real name is.:D

My daughter owes me one name because she has four names counting her last name. So, her daughter should only have one name.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Congrats & I love the name :smoker: ;)

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Once again thanks to all of ya'll. "It's Miller Time":wave:

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 06:12 PM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Aww Man!
Congratulations!!!
:clap: :) :clap:

sinton66
10-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Congrats man! I got my first one about four months ago. I'm loving every minute of it.;)

ronwx5x
10-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Congratulations. Sorry she lives so far away. My first grandchild is due in March. It is a girl by all reports and grandmom has already racked up the bills! I'm really looking forward to the little booger. They live less than an hour away.

MUSTANG69
10-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Congratulations. Sorry she lives so far away. My first grandchild is due in March. It is a girl by all reports and grandmom has already racked up the bills! I'm really looking forward to the little booger. They live less than an hour away.

Yes it is a long distance to try to visit but I will eventually make the trip. My wife has four grandchildren. Two live in Oklahoma and two in Florida. No grandchildren to spoil very often. :devil:

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2010, 08:30 AM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Awww, congratulations...sorry I just saw this thread.

Grandchildren are great! My crystal ball tells me there is a trip to Oregon in your future.:)

44INAROW
10-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Congrats on the granddaughter.. :) almost 24 inches is quite long and 9 lb 10 oz - woah.. Kudos to mom :) Little Dakota is going to steal your heart.. I am fortunate to live in the same town with my 2 granddaughters - they have us wrapped around their fingers :) I know what you mean about nicknames.. We call the youngest (Alexandra aka Alex) AllieCat lol........ ;)

Danana70
10-22-2010, 01:53 PM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Little Dakota Jane isn't so little.. congratulations grandbabies are the best...call her DJ.

MUSTANG69
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Danana70
Little Dakota Jane isn't so little.. congratulations grandbabies are the best...call her DJ.

I nicknamed my daughter "Toot" (real name was Elizabeth). That really ticked her off when she got into high school. She isn't going to like any nickname I give this baby. I gotta come up with a nickname for this little one that will really tick my daughter off.:devil:

garciap77
10-22-2010, 11:56 PM

Girl

9 lbs 10 oz
23 3/4 inches

Paratrooper
10-23-2010, 02:44 PM

"Elizabeth Jane" See

I'm with ya man. I like traditional names also. My wife wanted to name our son something kind of off the wall at first.......however, I was pretty persistent that he didn't get an off the wall name. His final name ended up Charles Anthony - can't get much more traditional than that. I figured the traditional names are really starting to die.....Phillip, Edward, Nickolaus, Charles, etc. They are just not common anymore. I do like Elizabeth Jane.

Looking4number8
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Congrats on the Grandbaby, I only have one and she lives upstairs.... sometimes that even seems too far away... Hope you get to go see yours very soon!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Congratulations! :)

Green Bling
10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
We all need to mark this name down. I think we could easily be hearing it in 18-19 years from now on nationally televised college volleyball or basketball games. Wonderful gift to the family and an excellent reason to plan a west coast trip. Congrats to all!!

eagles_victory
10-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Congratulations, Grandpa! I'm hoping it'll be at least 10 more years before I become a grandparent. Hope its about 25 for me.

BaseballUmp
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Give me 30-35 lol

coach
10-26-2010, 03:29 AM

"Elizabeth Jane" See

My full name is Bryan Christopher Baize, but when i got into trouble my name became Damnit Bryan

coach
10-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Hope its about 25 for me.

47?

eagles_victory
10-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by coach
47? maybe 50

SintonFan
10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
My full name is Bryan Christopher Baize, but when i got into trouble my name became Damnit Bryan

:D