PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Dirty Play Caught on Video

Pages : [1] 2

Rocket
10-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Proof of Dirty Play by Snyder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QKl8TNYsI)

Here ya go...

This got our player kicked out and of course, the Snyder player got nothing.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
uhh maybe i am not seeing it but what did the Snyder player do?

Rocket
10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh maybe i am not seeing it but what did the Snyder player do?

He was attempting to twist the ankle of Ratliff. Look right before the kick.

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Wasn't it just a few years ago that the video of the Snyder player kneeing the kid from Perryton in the nuts was all over the place?

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
at full speed it looks like he tried to "punch" the ball out and maybe got a clip of uh another type of ball :eek:

in slow motion, it just looks like he held onto his feet (maybe twisting them) and the BW player didn't like it and kicked him off. :doh:

discpline men, discpline

Rocket
10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
at full speed it looks like he tried to "punch" the ball out and maybe got a clip of uh another type of ball :eek:

in slow motion, it just looks like he held onto his feet (maybe twisting them) and the BW player didn't like it and kicked him off. :doh:

discpline men, discpline

Uh yeah...you can't attempt to twist ankles and hold on to players after a tackle as they try to get up and not expect to get kicked off.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I just dont see anything on purpose..I see the defender make the tackle not really anything else..the "twisting" is not blatant not saying it happened or did not, but IMO this video shows nothing

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Uh yeah...you can't attempt to twist ankles and hold on to players after a tackle as they try to get up and not expect to get kicked off. I don't know that the Snyder kid is complaining especially if he got a BW kid ejected. :confused: :D

haha I'm just messing with you dude. It's football. Lots of other crap goes on that isn't seen. Hell, holding happening right in front of the ref isn't called. :rolleyes:

You won...get over it!

rholl
10-21-2010, 10:04 AM
shoulda been kicked out!

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I have no dog in this fight....I thought both teams each had their share of "dirty play" in this game.

To put all the blame on ONE team is ludicrous!! Both teams were doing it.

Like I posted before, I partly blame the refs for letting it go on....it only escalates if the players aren't held accountable.....IMO, of course!!:)

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:05 AM
I just dont see anything on purpose..I see the defender make the tackle not really anything else..the "twisting" is not blatant not saying it happened or did not, but IMO this video shows nothing

Oh brother. So you think Ratliff just kicks him off? The ref didn't see it either. He is holding his feet and twisting. This is also what Ratliff said happened.

The Snyder player is HOLDING and TWISTING on purpose. LOL

BILLYFRED0000
10-21-2010, 10:06 AM
To me it looks like the kid just got wrapped up in his legs and could not get loose quick enough to suit the runner.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have no dog in this fight....I thought both teams each had their share of "dirty play" in this game.

To put all the blame on ONE team is ludicrous!! Both teams were doing it.

Like I posted before, I partly blame the refs for letting it go on....it only escalates if the players aren't held accountable.....IMO, of course!!:)

Hey RM, this got our player kicked out of the game. Not just a penalty.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
To me it looks like the kid just got wrapped up in his legs and could not get loose quick enough to suit the runner.

That's how it looked "live" too!!

Ranger Mom
Hey RM, this got our player kicked out of the game. Not just a penalty.

I remember....I was there!!

Rocket
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

To me it looks like the player attempted to twist ankles. Ratliff tries to get up...but the kid is HOLDING on to him. Well coached stunt. I will give him that.

rholl
10-21-2010, 10:08 AM
dont dare tackle a mighty Brownwood player and then quickly jump up apologize and try to help him up????? That tackle was made a 1000 times across Texas last friday nite.!!!!

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Pleading the case of two wrongs making a right is pretty thin, Rocket. The "eye for an eye" rule just doesn't play very well with officials. IMO, no winners in this one in anyone's book, and you could watch game film of any team and probably see the same kinds of behavior if you watch long and hard enough. One player's dirty play does not an entire dirty team make any way you want to slice it. I think you are living in the Dark Ages if you think coaches teach this kind of play, Rocket.

Ranger Mom
To me it looks like the player attempted to twist ankles.

Did this happen close to the Snyder sideline or Brownwood?

I am just trying to remember the exact play.

Rocket
Originally posted by rholl
dont dare tackle a mighty Brownwood player and then quickly jump up apologize and try to help him up????? That tackle was made a 1000 times across Texas last friday nite.!!!!

61-20 That is all the respect Brownwood needs. ;) It wasn't the tackle, it was what happened 3 seconds after the tackle.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Did this happen close to the Snyder sideline or Brownwood?

I am just trying to remember the exact play.

It happened on the Snyder side.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh brother. So you think Ratliff just kicks him off? The ref didn't see it either. He is holding his feet and twisting. This is also what Ratliff said happened.

The Snyder player is HOLDING and TWISTING on purpose. LOL

Agian..just telling u what I see..you make it sound like it so obvious when IMO it is not

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Agian..just telling u what I see..you make it sound like it so obvious when IMO it is not

That's fine. The story from Ratliff was he was trying to twist his ankle. Saturday morning video confirmed it.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:12 AM
It happened on the Snyder side.

Right in front of where I was sitting....that is what I was thinking.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Right in front of where I was sitting....that is what I was thinking.

It is hard to SEE it when the kid is doubled over his feet twisting his ankles close to his body. Superb tactic. Much props.

If the Brownwood player wouldn't have got kicked out for that, it wouldn't be a big deal. But those refs were calling one sided penalties all night on Brownwood when both parties were involved. I guess they just felt sorry for Snyder.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:13 AM
That's fine. The story from Ratliff was he was trying to twist his ankle. Saturday morning video confirmed it.

oh wow a player flagged and ejected trying to justify why..yes lets believe only ONE side of it without true proof or hearing from the player he kicked

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
oh wow a player flagged and ejected trying to justify why..yes lets believe only ONE side of it without true proof or hearing from the player he kicked

Video eliminates the need for a reason. It tells the truth. I am talking about Ratliff's story to the coaches, not that blind ref.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
It is hard to SEE it when the kid is doubled over his feet twisting his ankles close to his body. Superb tactic. Much props.

If the Brownwood player wouldn't have got kicked out for that, it wouldn't be a big deal. But those refs were calling one sided penalties all night on Brownwood when both parties were involved. I guess they just felt sorry for Snyder. http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/ugly-man-Rocketcopy.jpg

hollywood
10-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Not that it gives a player an excuse, but players get frustrated when their team is getting hammered and sometimes lose their sportmanship. And some never had good sportsmanship to begin with. From the video, one can clearly see that the Snyder player was twisting the ankle after the tackle by leaning into it and trying to hide the twist by laying on top of it. I wouldn't take this either. Can't blame the Brownwood player. Teams that play dirty will try these tactics to frustrate the opponent to retaliate. It's a result of poor character in my opinion.

Rocket
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/ugly-man-Rocketcopy.jpg

LOL HAHAHAHAHAHHAH Nice one...

RPF2666
Proof of Dirty Play by Snyder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3QKl8TNYsI)

Here ya go...

This got our player kicked out and of course, the Snyder player got nothing.

Rocket, you constatly claim that most of what you say on here is B.S. intended to harass, inflame,...(choose your term and insert here)!

Please tell me that's what this is, PLEASE...!!!

I expected to see something, but there is nothing there. He was on his legs for about a second.

Good one, you really got folks going :)

Txbroadcaster
Video eliminates the need for a reason. It tells the truth. I am talking about Ratliff's story to the coaches, not that blind ref.

again the video shows NOTHING other than a Bwood player getting mad and kicking

Ernest T Bass
That's fine. The story from Ratliff was he was trying to twist his ankle.

That's what Id say too.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Not that it gives a player an excuse, but players get frustrated when their team is getting hammered and sometimes lose their sportmanship. And some never had good sportsmanship to begin with. From the video, one can clearly see that the Snyder player was twisting the ankle after the tackle by leaning into it and trying to hide the twist by laying on top of it. I wouldn't take this either. Can't blame the Brownwood player. Teams that play dirty will try these tactics to frustrate the opponent to retaliate. It's a result of poor character in my opinion.

You would think that. But most on here will side with Snyder and their terrific reputation. :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That's what Id say too.

The video confirmed it. hey Bass, start telling your players to tackle kids and hold on to them and grab their legs and twist, but hide it, then get other players to kick them off and get them thrown out of the game. Great tactic.

It wasn't just one second.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
The video confirmed it.

ok tell me EXACTLY where in the video it confirms it because I cant see it

rholl
10-21-2010, 10:19 AM
video confirmed jack.....except you are watching thru maroon colored glasses.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Right before the kick. Look closely on the replay.Up inside the Snyder player. he is holding on to his ankles and twisting, not letting go. Ratliff is also attempting to get up.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by rholl
video confirmed jack.....except you are watching thru maroon colored glasses.

And you are seeing it through your Brownwood hater glasses...

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 10:21 AM
The video confirmed it. hey Bass, start telling your players to tackle kids and hold on to them and grab their legs and twist, but hide it, then get other players to kick them off and get them thrown out of the game. Great tactic.

LMAO! Partner, you're about as bright as a Corn Blue crayon.

hollywood
10-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Do you need glasses? Oh my.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Sure was a great run by a great running back. ;) #10 got tired of Brownwood gashing them. it's understandable.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Right before the kick. Look closely on the replay.Up inside the Snyder player. he is holding on to his ankles and twisting, not letting go. Ratliff is also attempting to get up.

nope sorry dont see it..I used my video editing and slowed it down frame by frame..the Bwood player kicked at him about .58 seconds after he was down..so if he was "not letting go" it was for less than a second before the Bwood player kicked him.

Sorry Rocket..just telling u what I see..sounds like it was at times a touchy game and IMO by the video u showed your teams's player reacted over something that was not there at that time.

Again not saying it did not happen, but the video YOU posted shows none of it

Rocket
LMAO! Partner, you're about as bright as a Corn Blue crayon.

And you are the smartest man alive...:rolleyes: Blind, at that.

Bullaholic

LOL. That is such a "grandstand coach" kind of statement that it doesn't even warrant reading, Rocket. Right up there with- "Yea, they can't beat us so they got to play dirty"...:D

You can do better than this----I think---or I hope.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
The video confirmed it.

Rocket...OMG!!!

The video only confirms it to BROWNWOOD fans who want it to be true!!!

I am not a "Snyder fan" any more than I am a "Brownwood fan".....I guess I like both teams equally. I don't have any black/gold or maroon glasses on.

That play that got that player ejected was not the first "questionable" action from that player. I saw several things through the night that made me watch a little closer.

Even my daughter and son-in-law, who WERE going for Brownwood, agreed.

It's a football game, I expect things to get heated and tempers sometimes flair up.....but good grief....don't act like Snyder is the guilty party and Brownwood showed goods sportsmanship all the way around....that just isn't true!!!!

CenTexSports
10-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I saw this (ankle twisting) the first time ever in my game last Friday. This video is unclear whether he twisted it or not but it looks like he probably did. But I don't see how an official would EVER see that.

However, punching or kicking is an automatic ejection and that was very evident. I don't see how you can argue that the runner was justified.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
nope sorry dont see it..I used my video editing and slowed it down frame by frame..the Bwood player kicked at him about .58 seconds after he was down..so if he was "not letting go" it was for less than a second before the Bwood player kicked him.

Sorry Rocket..just telling u what I see..sounds like it was at times a touchy game and IMO by the video u showed your teams's player reacted over something that was not there at that time.

Again not saying it did not happen, but the video YOU posted shows none of it

Please tell me what you see right before the kick? Ratliff is trying to get up and the Snyder player is HOLDING on to his ankle and jacking with it. LOL oh my dear lord...

ccmom
I saw the play live, too....right in front of where we were seated. As RM stated, when I saw it live I didn't see that the Snyder player had done anything more than tackle Ratliff.

Watching the video...even when specifically looking for what Rocket described, it is still difficult to see that #10 did anything out of the ordinary. I'm not saying Ratliff's story isn't true, but that the video hardly provides concrete proof IMO.

I think p4s hit it right on the head...DISCIPLINE. Players have to be disciplined enough to keep their emotions in check. Yes, if a player is twisting your foot then it would be difficult to not retaliate. However, if you do retaliate, especially in plain site of all the officials and fans....you have to accept the consequences. From what I saw, Ratliff did accept those consequences and accepted the refs decision without much incident.

That game was already a brawl waiting to happen. I agree that the officials let to many things slide on both sides of the ball. I think they made the right call in this situation. Had they not handled Ratliff's actions appropriately, there's no telling how out of hand it might have gotten after that.

Just my 2 cents....actually it looks more like a dollars worth. Geez I talk too much! :doh:

Ernest T Bass
And you are the smartest man alive

Comparatively speaking....yep.

DDBooger
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
:1popcorn:

Sux that Rocket disappears after football is over. Every day is begun with a controversial thread lol :)

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Rocket...OMG!!!

The video only confirms it to BROWNWOOD fans who want it to be true!!!

I am not a "Snyder fan" any more than I am a "Brownwood fan".....I guess I like both teams equally. I don't have any black/gold or maroon glasses on.

That play that got that player ejected was not the first "questionable" action from that player. I saw several things through the night that made me watch a little closer.

Even my daughter and son-in-law, who WERE going for Brownwood, agreed.

It's a football game, I expect things to get heated and tempers sometimes flair up.....but good grief....don't act like Snyder is the guilty party and Brownwood showed goods sportsmanship all the way around....that just isn't true!!!!

And Snyder doesn't have a reputation for this kind of crap? LOL We are used to showing up. destroying the other team, and leaving. Nothing like this has happened all year long. But when you play Snyder.... :) So you are saying that Snyder has a reputation for clean play? I am rolling hard at that! LOL

hollywood
10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
This kind of stuff happens ALL the time. It's the kind of stuff that could cause an injury to a player after the is whistled dead. Just because it doesn't look like much from the video, I guarantee it doesn't feel good. Here's the kicker. The RB from Brownwood... he has great character and is a good sport. You wouldn't ever catch him trying this.

Txbroadcaster
10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Please tell me what you see right before the kick? Ratliff is trying to get up and the Snyder player is HOLDING on to his ankle and jacking with it. LOL oh my dear lord...

What I am seeing frame by frame is the defender tackles Bwood RB the momentum of the play carries him from one side to the other as he makes the tackle .58 seconds after the tackle ythe Bwood RB kicks the player..so if he was "holding him down" it was not even for a full second until the Bwood player kicked him

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm going to play both sides since I see both sides. From talking to the players after the game, ankle twisting was going on. I saw this live and was frustrated cause the kid rolled over on his ankles. After seeing the video, it looked to me like the kid was trying to attempt to twist his ankle but Ratliff foiled it before it happened. Sure, Ratliff should of never kicked the kid. Maybe he should of flopped down like #10 did, which was a nice exagerration of the retaliation. Either way it was a mess.

Both teams were at each other all night. Like RM, I feel the Refs didn't control the players or coaches. This was one of many incidents from both sides. You can't expect a bunch of kids to play emotionless so I solely blame the Refs for not controlling the game.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Comparatively speaking....yep.

I could go toe to toe with you. No doubt in my mind. ;)

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
What I am seeing frame by frame is the defender tackles Bwood RB the momentum of the play carries him from one side to the other as he makes the tackle .58 seconds after the tackle ythe Bwood RB kicks the player..so if he was "holding him down" it was not even for a full second until the Bwood player kicked him

Tell me what you see the Snyder kid doing with HIS HANDS.

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
I could go toe to toe with you. No doubt in my mind. ;)

Of course there's not. You're not smart enough to know otherwise.

Ranger Mom
And Snyder doesn't have a reputation for this kind of crap? LOL We are used to showing up. destroying the other team, and leaving. Nothing like this has happened all year long. But when you play Snyder.... :) So you are saying that Snyder has a reputation for clean play? I am rolling hard at that! LOL

Where did you see, in anything that I posted, that I said Snyder has a reputation for clean play???

Once again, I must spell things out for you.

I have said SEVERAL times that I saw crap going on from BOTH teams.

You want to act like everything "bad" thing that Brownwood did was only in retaliation to something Snyder did.....I call major BS on that!!!

So......you can "roll hard"....while you "blow hard"!!:kiss:

Txbroadcaster
Tell me what you see the Snyder kid doing wit HIS HANDS.

You dont see his hands Rocket that is my point..I have said he might have been doing what u claim but the video you psoted DOES NOT show 100% that he was

actually correction..u see one hand as he is using it to support himself to get up..the other hand you CANNOT SEE..again not saying he was not twisting, I am saying the video you posted does not show he was

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ccmom

That game was already a brawl waiting to happen. I agree that the officials let to many things slide on both sides of the ball. I think they made the right call in this situation. Had they not handled Ratliff's actions appropriately, there's no telling how out of hand it might have gotten after that.

I agree 100% with this. Had he not been ejected many things would and wouldn't of happened.

There would of been a huge brawl.
Brownwood wouldn't of focused themselves and hung 61 on snyder.

CenTexSports
10-21-2010, 10:34 AM
The only thing the refs should have done is to warn the coaches to control their players. After that they should have just stated throwing players out of the game. It is the coaches job to control their players.

The only thing the refs can really do is to crash the pile as soon as the play is over to try to watch for extra-cirricular activity after the play and call what they see.

ccmom
10-21-2010, 10:35 AM

So......you can "roll hard"....while you "blow hard"!!:kiss: :spitlol: :thumbsup:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm going to play both sides since I see both sides. From talking to the players after the game, ankle twisting was going on. I saw this live and was frustrated cause the kid rolled over on his ankles. After seeing the video, it looked to me like the kid was trying to attempt to twist his ankle but Ratliff foiled it before it happened. Sure, Ratliff should of never kicked the kid. Maybe he should of flopped down like #10 did, which was a nice exagerration of the retaliation. Either way it was a mess.

Both teams were at each other all night. Like RM, I feel the Refs didn't control the players or coaches. This was one of many incidents from both sides. You can't expect a bunch of kids to play emotionless so I solely blame the Refs for not controlling the game.

:clap: That about sums it up right there! It's going to happen. But good Lord, try to be good sports and make plays with your pads before the whistle.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
And Snyder doesn't have a reputation for this kind of crap? LOL We are used to showing up. destroying the other team, and leaving. Nothing like this has happened all year long. But when you play Snyder.... :) So you are saying that Snyder has a reputation for clean play? I am rolling hard at that! LOL If you are going to be judge and jury and live in your glass house, care to post the clip where #5 threw a punch at Ward when his helmet came off? Probably not that fair a judge so we probably won't see that video clip will we??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The only thing the refs should have done is to warn the coaches to control their players. After that they should have just stated throwing players out of the game. It is the coaches job to control their players.

The only thing the refs can really do is to crash the pile as soon as the play is over to try to watch for extra-cirricular activity after the play and call what they see.

Agreed.

Please tell me what Snyder's reputation is. I do not blame the players, this crap comes straight from the staff because it is a reputation that carries on year after year.

ccmom, any thoughts?

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
If you are going to be judge and jury and live in your glass house, care to post the clip where #5 threw a punch at Ward when his helmet came off? Probably not that fair a judge so we probably won't see that video clip will we??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...I had forgotten that one!!!!:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

ccmom
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
If you are going to be judge and jury and live in your glass house, care to post the clip where #5 threw a punch at Ward when his helmet came off? Probably not that fair a judge so we probably won't see that video clip will we??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :1popcorn:

I may not get any work done today!

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Agreed.

Please tell me what Snyder's reputation is. I do not blame the players, this crap comes straight from the staff because it is a reputation that carries on year after year.

ccmom, any thoughts?

Well...I'm not ccmom, but the times we played Snyder and the years we were in their district, we had no problems with them whatsoever!!!!

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
If you are going to be judge and jury and live in your glass house, care to post the clip where #5 threw a punch at Ward when his helmet came off? Probably not that fair a judge so we probably won't see that video clip will we??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I didn't post the clip. All I have to go on is our kid got kicked out for protecting himself. Either way, 61-20, just get tired of playing Snyder and dealing with this sort of nonsense every season. I bet if you guys hired a real coach, Snyder would have a good reputation and not instigate so much crap. Like i said, this is the first of anything we have seen like this all season. ;)

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 10:42 AM

I havn't seen and didnt' see this happen. If this is true, #5 should of been ejected like that offensive lineman that puched our #45.

Regardless, we can go on for days, Its stupid. We all know it happened on both sides. Brownwood found a way to win, Snyder will still go to the playoffs. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to mop up Sweetwater and Wylie and go into the playoff undefeated #1.

Black_Magic
But those refs were calling one sided penalties all night on Brownwood when both parties were involved. I guess they just felt sorry for Snyder.

BW SNY
Penalties-yards 10-84 11-79
Sorry but I believe the penalties were called even when you look at the stats.

I think you folks should lighten up on old Rocket. The guy didnt ever play a down of HS football. Not only does he see things one sided but he really does not understand what goes on out there. since the first game of football there is all kind of junk going on out there . There is smack talk, pinching, scratching, biting(before facemasks were invented),and yes even twisting. it goes on out there. while your binging up videos Rocket why dont you post the one where ward loses his helmet during a play and post that one for everyone. lets see what they think about that play. make sure you catch the part right after he goes down without his helmet..

hollywood

I've been guilty of a punch to the face during a game out of frustration. Not proud of it but it's not anything compared to trying to sprain someones ankle! That could put a player out for weeks.

FbCoachB40
Maybe you have to have followed the history of Snyder to see the big deal, but this is a very small deal to happen at the bottom of a pile. The kid appears to be twisting an ankle...BIG DEAL!!

It happens to even average RBs, all over the state...EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT!!

Now the RB that blatently kicks the player off of him, has just pulled the DUMBEST move in football...which is reacting physically. He deserved to be kicked out of the game, NO DOUBT!!

You cannot kick players off of piles even if they are grabbing your nuts.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Well...I'm not ccmom, but the times we played Snyder and the years we were in their district, we had no problems with them whatsoever!!!!

if you don't agree with me then I don't want to hear your opinions! LOL

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
I didn't post the clip. All I have to go on is our kid got kicked out for protecting himself. Either way, 61-20, just get tired of playing Snyder and dealing with this sort of nonsense every season. I bet if you guys hired a real coach, Snyder would have a good reputation and not instigate so much crap. Like i said, this is the first of anything we have seen like this all season. ;)

You need to watch it with insults regarding the Snyder coach. I know FOR A FACT that is against the rules.

I will be the first to defend Coach Rogers, I have met him and my husband has met him on several occasions and we both think very highly of him.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Maybe you have to have followed the history of Snyder to see the big deal, but this is a very small deal to happen at the bottom of a pile. The kid appears to be twisting an ankle...BIG DEAL!!

It happens to even average RBs, all over the state...EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT!!

Now the RB that blatently kicks the player off of him, has just pulled the DUMBEST move in football...which is reacting physically. He deserved to be kicked out of the game, NO DOUBT!!

You cannot kick players off of piles even if they are grabbing your nuts.

True. Thanks for saying intelligently what Ernest couldn't.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:45 AM
You need to watch it with insults regarding the Snyder coach. I know FOR A FACT that is against the rules.

I will be the first to defend Coach Rogers, I have met him and my husband has met him on several occasions and we both think very highly of him.

I am sure he is highly competitive and does some weird things. I don't have to like him and I don't have to say good things about him and I will do better to not say bad things about him.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
My dad met him and I don't.

That's fine....but you still have to watch what you say about him ON THIS BOARD!!!

Here is an excerpt of the that rule...just as a little reminder:

At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches.

DaHop72
I didn't post the clip. All I have to go on is our kid got kicked out for protecting himself. Either way, 61-20, just get tired of playing Snyder and dealing with this sort of nonsense every season. I bet if you guys hired a real coach, Snyder would have a good reputation and not instigate so much crap. Like i said, this is the first of anything we have seen like this all season. ;) Rocket, you have proclaimed that you would get the footage for days now so I know that if you were wanting to do anything but slant this your way you could easily do so.:rolleyes: It just proves your are IGNORANT and BIASED toward Snyder and Coach Rogers because everyone at that game that wasn't wearing maroon colored glasses knows that the Lions aren't choir boys. Geez Louise Rocket. It's nice to have posters like Royce, his post "I havn't seen and didnt' see this happen. If this is true, #5 should of been ejected like that offensive lineman that puched our #45.

Regardless, we can go on for days, Its stupid. We all know it happened on both sides. Brownwood found a way to win, Snyder will still go to the playoffs. I'm ready to move on. I'm ready to mop up Sweetwater and Wylie and go into the playoff undefeated #1."

Bullaholic
The only problem I have in this thread is Rocket's insistance that dirty tactics are being taught by the Snyder, or any other, coaching staff. This is unwarranted without any hard evidence and certainly a low blow.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
BW SNY
Penalties-yards 10-84 11-79
Sorry but I believe the penalties were called even when you look at the stats.

I think you folks should lighten up on old Rocket. The guy didnt ever play a down of HS football. Not only does he see things one sided but he really does not understand what goes on out there. since the first game of football there is all kind of junk going on out there . There is smack talk, pinching, scratching, biting(before facemasks were invented),and yes even twisting. it goes on out there. while your binging up videos Rocket why dont you post the one where ward loses his helmet during a play and post that one for everyone. lets see what they think about that play. make sure you catch the part right after he goes down without his helmet..

LOL nice post...

If our player did that crap then I am royally ticked off. Hate to hear it. Refs should have def stepped in.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I've been guilty of a punch to the face during a game out of frustration. Not proud of it but it's not anything compared to trying to sprain someones ankle! That could put a player out for weeks. My gosh hollywood this sounds like Rocket, a punch to the face that could break a nose or orbital bone is no big deal but twisting an ankle is?? Man, when Rocket calls for the lineup to drink the maroon kool-aid, I'm afraid now you will be first in line.

Black_Magic
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM

I will be the first to defend Coach Rogers, I have met him and my husband has met him on several occasions and we both think very highly of him. Thanks RM. This guy is crossing the line. Not smart.:mad:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 10:53 AM
My gosh hollywood this sounds like Rocket, a punch to the face that could break a nose or orbital bone is no big deal but twisting an ankle is?? Man, when Rocket calls for the lineup to drink the maroon kool-aid, I'm afraid now you will be first in line.

LOL. Through the face mask couldn't do much damage. And yes Hop72, I played when face masks were apart of the game unlike you! :D

ccmom
10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Agreed.

ccmom, any thoughts?

Much like Brownwood has a volatile history with S'ville....so does Wylie with Snyder. Are you trying to get me to admit I have said in the past that Snyder played dirty? :thinking: I have said that after specific games and I stand by that. Have I complained that their coach appears to condone such behavior...yep. I won't deny that either.

However...I am also a pretty rational person (believe it or not) and I realize that it very easy to see things the way you want to see them when you have a "dog in the fight". Friday night, although DaHop was kind enough to get us reserved seats on the Snyder side, I was watching the game from a neutral perspective. BOTH Snyder AND Brownwood could have handled themselves better on several occasions. It was a very hostile environment starting somewhere in the second quarter.

I have no doubt that SOMETHING set Ratliff off in order for him to react as he did. I don't recall him being involved in any other questionable activities prior to that kick. However, I stand behind what I said before...his ejection was justified. I don't think you can blame the refs for not seeing the alleged ankle twisting either. I've watched it in slow motion 5 times and still can't see it clearly enough to make a judgement.

Don't you know better than to ask my opinion on something by now? :doh::D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 10:55 AM
LOL. Through the face mask couldn't do much damage. And yes Hop72, I played when face masks were apart of the game unlike you! :D

Well...considering Ward had LOST his helmet when a punch was attempted, I don't think a facemask was going to do much good!!!!

But.....what do I know!!:confused: :confused:

Caldwell_Raider
10-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Uh yeah...you can't attempt to twist ankles and hold on to players after a tackle as they try to get up and not expect to get kicked off.

have you ever played, it happens a lot! It's called football..... Football isn't a nice pretty game.... Brownwood player should of never kicked the guy.... keep cool

Black_Magic
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Well...considering Ward had LOST his helmet when a punch was attempted, I don't think a facemask was going to do much good!!!!

But.....what do I know!!:confused: :confused: #5 had a cast on if I remember. kinda like brass knuckles . might do more damage than just a fist.:thinking: Snyder kids are NOT taught to do anything but to knock the snot bubbles from you between during legal play. Kinda like #12 s hit on #25 down on the goal line.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Much like Brownwood has a volatile history with S'ville....so does Wylie with Snyder. Are you trying to get me to admit I have said in the past that Snyder played dirty? :thinking: I have said that after specific games and I stand by that. Have I complained that their coach appears to condone such behavior...yep. I won't deny that either.

However...I am also a pretty rational person (believe it or not) and I realize that it very easy to see things the way you want to see them when you have a "dog in the fight". Friday night, although DaHop was kind enough to get us reserved seats on the Snyder side, I was watching the game from a neutral perspective. BOTH Snyder AND Brownwood could have handled themselves better on several occasions. It was a very hostile environment starting somewhere in the second quarter.

I have no doubt that SOMETHING set Ratliff off in order for him to react as he did. I don't recall him being involved in any other questionable activities prior to that kick. However, I stand behind what I said before...his ejection was justified. I don't think you can blame the refs for not seeing the alleged ankle twisting either. I've watched it in slow motion 5 times and still can't see it clearly enough to make a judgement.

Don't you know better than to ask my opinion on something by now? :doh::D Besides, she knows about a certain nose guard Wylie had years back and also about Wylie's 12th man on the field.:devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
#5 had a cast on if I remember. kinda like brass knuckles . might do more damage than just a fist.:thinking: Snyder kids are NOT taught to do anything but to knock the snot bubbles from you between during legal play. Kinda like #12 s hit on #25 down on the goal line.

That was a BEAUTIFUL hit!!

I love a hit like that when fans from BOTH teams react with one huge GROAN!!:D

ccmom
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Besides, she knows about a certain nose guard Wylie had years back and also about Wylie's 12th man on the field.:devil: :devil:

Now you are just talking nonsense! :hand: :p

hollywood
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM

But.....what do I know!!:confused: :confused:

Wasn't talking about Ward. A punch I had placed on a poor Crowley RB back in the day. And I rightfully got flagged for it too. He had a face mask so no harm done. ;)

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Wasn't talking about Ward. A punch I had placed on a poor Crowley RB back in the day. And I rightfully got flagged for it too. He had a face mask so no harm done. ;) There may have been facemask when you played, they just probably had one bar. :devil: :devil:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 11:05 AM
That was a BEAUTIFUL hit!!

I love a hit like that when fans from BOTH teams react with one huge GROAN!!:D

He was interviewed after the game and said he never saw it coming. Oh man, those are the worst kind to take too. Blind sided. Ouch!

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Wasn't talking about Ward. A punch I had placed on a poor Crowley RB back in the day. And I rightfully got flagged for it too. He had a face mask so no harm done. ;)

I realize that..I was just remembering when you said this:

I've been guilty of a punch to the face during a game out of frustration. Not proud of it but it's not anything compared to trying to sprain someones ankle! That could put a player out for weeks.

3afan
10-21-2010, 11:08 AM
just watched the video ... saw nothing from the Snyder player ... Bwd player deserved the boot

now, he reacted to something, IMO its just not clear on video exactly what he reacted to ... I didnt see any twisting of the ankle

DaHop72
Okay everyone, with the rebuttals handed Rocket on his post he's had to get off and go reload since he ran out of ammo. Everybody can grab some :1popcorn: and take a break.:devil:

RoyceTTU
#5 had a cast on if I remember. kinda like brass knuckles . might do more damage than just a fist.:thinking: Snyder kids are NOT taught to do anything but to knock the snot bubbles from you between during legal play. Kinda like #12 s hit on #25 down on the goal line.

That kid is a monstor, your guy gave him his best shot(and it was a good one), he came off the field for a couple of plays and went back out and played a great game.

If it wasn't for a couple of hid downfield tackles, you would of showed another 14 points on the board.

Old LB
10-21-2010, 11:09 AM
The two best teams in the district had a good ol fashion, head banging, name calling, I'm meaner than you football game and it was a joy for fans. I feel sure a lot happened that no one seen or heard, same as most games. Ratliff retaliated or made a stupid decision one of the two and he knows better. Hope these guys play again in the playoffs, had to listen to this one on the radio. Snyder is the best team Brownwood has played so far.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
That kid is a monstor, your guy gave him his best shot(and it was a good one), he came off the field for a couple of plays and went back out and played a great game.

If it wasn't for a couple of hid downfield tackles, you would of showed another 14 points on the board. Dang Royce, you keep making rational post and you are going to lose your Rocket Club membership card.:devil: :devil:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
There may have been facemask when you played, they just probably had one bar. :devil: :devil:

Whoa, whoa, whoa there pops! I had the ever so cool Eric Dickerson special! Unlike the leather helmet you wore back in the Paleozoic era. :taunt:

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Dang Royce, you keep making rational post and you are going to lose your Rocket Club membership card.:devil: :devil:

I'll always tell it like i see it. You have to be that way when your a TTU fan. Times aren't always good. But when they are, its fun.

As for Rocket Club membership card. I love his passion through and through. I'll support him in any way as long as it fits the way I see it.

hollywood
Originally posted by Old LB
The two best teams in the district had a good ol fashion, head banging, name calling, I'm meaner than you football game and it was a joy for fans. I feel sure a lot happened that no one seen or heard, same as most games. Ratliff retaliated or made a stupid decision one of the two and he knows better. Hope these guys play again in the playoffs, had to listen to this one on the radio. Snyder is the best team Brownwood has played so far.

2nd best team. Stephenville would beat Snyder by 14+ easy.

runtowin
There needs to be a rule that when you tackle you must let go as soon as the player hits the ground. This can not continue, we must protect our children.

SintonPirateFan
10-21-2010, 11:15 AM
defender was just trying to tie the RB's shoe...i don't see what the big fuss is about.

no good deed goes unpunished. buncha brownwood crybabies.

Charlie47
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Does Ratliff or any player ejected have to set out part or all
of the next game. It used to be the case, I didn't know about now.:confused:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by runtowin
There needs to be a rule that when you tackle you must let go as soon as the player hits the ground. This can not continue, we must protect our children.

How about we loose face masks and play hard nose football. This would eliminate helmet to helmet.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47

Not 100% sure, but if that was the case, It probably would of been talked about in specificity so my guess is NO, it isn't that way.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Charlie47

I thought when a player was ejected, they had to leave the field. I think this player stayed on the sidelines though....is that a district by district rule???

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/LITTLEGIANTS.jpg

Rocket, the early years.:D

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
I just dont see anything on purpose..I see the defender make the tackle not really anything else..the "twisting" is not blatant not saying it happened or did not, but IMO this video shows nothing +1 My goodness football is turning into soccer these days.

Red&White_9x5
10-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Wasn't it just a few years ago that the video of the Snyder player kneeing the kid from Perryton in the nuts was all over the place?

I remember that video, but I am almost positive that was Canyon vs. Perryton not Snyder

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:24 AM

LOL moral victories are great when you get beat 61-20 ;)

ccmom
10-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I thought when a player was ejected, they had to leave the field. I think this player stayed on the sidelines though....is that a district by district rule???

Good question!! I was wondering the same thing Friday night. What's the rule on that?

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
defender was just trying to tie the RB's shoe...i don't see what the big fuss is about.

no good deed goes unpunished. buncha brownwood crybabies.

LOL wahhhh wahhh

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks RM. This guy is crossing the line. Not smart.:mad:

I am sure I will get a warning. :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/LITTLEGIANTS.jpg

Rocket, the early years.:D

INTIMIDATION! RAAWWWRRR

Black_Magic
10-21-2010, 11:29 AM
LOL moral victories are great when you get beat 61-20 ;) Im not the one on here being a cry baby. thats you bawling about a foot twisting? then claiming he is coached that way? then insult our head coach? WOW. make up your mind. you a victim or what? you dont play a victim or victor very well.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
All I can say is neither Snyder nor Brownwood better try pulling
that crap against in the next two weeks. Otherwise I can see
Slaughter leaving the starters in long enough to hang 60 points
on both of you! :mad:

pero chato
Has anyone talked to the Snyder player for his side? I've seen plays where facemasks were locked together and the refs would throw a flag thinking that there was something dirty going on until it became clear that there wasn't, and they would then pick up the flag.
Anyway I'm sure #10 knew better than to kick. He should have pulled his legs away quickly and hopped up and went back to the huddle. No ankles get twisted (if that was what was happening) and no one gets ejected.

Eagle 1
Originally posted by runtowin

Sorry, but football is a contact sport. If you really want to protect your child don't let them play.

Kudo's to RM for setting Rocket straight about blaming the Snyder coaching staff of teaching their kids to play dirty. Maybe Rocket taught his jr high teams to play that way and that is why he brought it up?

None the less looking at the video I don't see the Snyder player twisting an ankle. Did it happen? Probably/maybe....
Like I said, football is a contact sport and not a sport for nice people.:devil:
Nine times out ten when a player reacts like Ratliff did, they will get a flag. Everybody knows that, including a Sr player. The refs usually don't see everything. Even looking at the film you can't tell what really happened. Incidently, it looks to me like it happened in the center of the field and not on Snyder's sideline, but I can't be sure.
Somebody brought up a good point. Rocket has never played football so he doesn't understand that twisted ankles, sucker punches and private area grabs happens on the bottom of a pile NEARLY EVERY OTHER DOWN.

Now my question is this. What is the district policy? Will Ratliff have to sit out a game since he got thrown out of a game?
I hope not.

SintonPirateFan
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
LOL wahhhh wahhh

:weeping: :weeping:

:D

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM

I did a keyword search for "susp" in the UIL rule book, it does state that the a "coach" has to sit out a game, but dosn't say a player does unless it worded in some crazy lawyer lingo.

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I remember that video, but I am almost positive that was Canyon vs. Perryton not Snyder

Perryton has a reputation of their own. I've seen it first hand.:thumbsup:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Good question!! I was wondering the same thing Friday night. What's the rule on that?

They were going to make him leave the stadium, but this was waiting for him.

http://www.canoekayakpoland.com/deliverance-3.jpg

warpig
10-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I will agree with some of the posters on this thread. That was probably the worst officiated game I have seen this year. If they had thrown the flags early for all dirty crap going on, they could have prevented several incidents. Including the the ejection of Ratliff which happened after the game was out of reach for Snyder.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Sorry, but football is a contact sport. If you really want to protect your child don't let them play.

Kudo's to RM for setting Rocket straight about blaming the Snyder coaching staff of teaching their kids to play dirty. Maybe Rocket taught his jr high teams to play that way and that is why he brought it up?

None the less looking at the video I don't see the Snyder player twisting an ankle. Did it happen? Probably/maybe....
Like I said, football is a contact sport and not a sport for nice people.:devil:
Nine times out ten when a player reacts like Ratliff did, they will get a flag. Everybody knows that, including a Sr player. The refs usually don't see everything. Even looking at the film you can't tell what really happened. Incidently, it looks to me like it happened in the center of the field and not on Snyder's sideline, but I can't be sure.
Somebody brought up a good point. Rocket has never played football so he doesn't understand that twisted ankles, sucker punches and private area grabs happens on the bottom of a pile NEARLY EVERY OTHER DOWN.

Now my question is this. What is the district policy? Will Ratliff have to sit out a game since he got thrown out of a game?
I hope not.

Actually, when I saw Ratliff do that, I was more upset with Ratliff for retaliating than the dirty play. i know the rule and I know what will get you kicked out and I do wear Maroon Colored Glasses... come on people... :)

Black_Magic
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Perryton has a reputation of their own. I've seen it first hand.:thumbsup: The perryton kid got kneed in the crotch when he was walking back to the huddle:rolleyes:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:40 AM
The perryton kid got kneed in the crotch when he was walking back to the huddle:rolleyes:

After the play? ;)

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
The perryton kid got kneed in the crotch when he was walking back to the huddle:rolleyes:

That's right, it was Canyon. That thing went nationwide!

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
That's right, it was Canyon. That thing went nationwide!

I found the video on youtube. I was gonna post it. But, the
comments are full of expletives. Just google youtube Canyon
Perryton football if you wanna see it again.

grahampaw
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
by the video, I think its the right call .B-Wood kid should have been ejected.No matter what the Snyder kid did Rocket,do you think the B-Wood kid should have been ejected?

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 11:45 AM

Yeah! But, he was just retaliating from a previous play and got caught! :D

Rocket
10-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
by the video, I think its the right call .B-Wood kid should have been ejected.No matter what the Snyder kid did Rocket,do you think the B-Wood kid should have been ejected?

I think they both should have been ejected. But the Snyder kid concealed his actions.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
I found the video on youtube. I was gonna post it. But, the
comments are full of expletives. Just google youtube Canyon
Perryton football if you wanna see it again.

Okay, I just watched this clip. I'm ashamed of myself but I laughed. Wow, that was so blatent that it was funny.

Sorry, that guy should be suspended for the year.

nobogey72
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM

No it's not!! Go back and look at all your posts before the Stephenville game. You know, Rocket, most of your posts and threads are all about how great BWood is and who all they could hypothetically beat. And all that is fine, some of it you say is all in good fun, and most of us give you the benefit of the doubt. However this particular thread and some of your posts on here I'm afraid reveal the fact that you tend to act like a little whiney, snotty-nosed pissant. I think this thread puts to rest the idea that things you say are all in good fun. BUT, keep doing it because it's entertaining in a sick kind of way.

Ranger Mom
Actually, when I saw Ratliff do that, I was more upset with Ratliff for retaliating than the dirty play. i know the rule and I know what will get you kicked out and I do wear Maroon Colored Glasses... come on people... :)

I just gotta ask....where exactly were you during this play??? Were you on the Snyder sidelines or in the Snyder stands??

If you were sitting on the Brownwood side, I doubt very seriously you could have seen ANYTHING anyway!!!

Snotbubbles
:sleeping:

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Okay, I just watched this clip. I'm ashamed of myself but I laughed. Wow, that was so blatent that it was funny.

Sorry, that guy should be suspended for the year.

I did too. He did it so casually and just kept walking. Haha

grahampaw
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I think they both should have been ejected. But the Snyder kid concealed his actions. I can not tell from the video if there was a twist.I whould say that at the least he didnt let go when he should.Is that going to draw a PF penalty probably not , but a kick will ever time.These things are going to happen to a championship calliber team.When yall go back to being Breckenwood next year maybe this wont happen.

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I just gotta ask....where exactly were you during this play??? Were you on the Snyder sidelines or in the Snyder stands??

If you were sitting on the Brownwood side, I doubt very seriously you could have seen ANYTHING anyway!!! He was on Brownwood's side. See-->http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9687/binocularsemoticon.gif

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
I can not tell from the video if there was a twist.I whould say that at the least he didnt let go when he should.Is that going to draw a PF penalty probably not , but a kick will ever time.These things are going to happen to a championship calliber team.When yall go back to being Breckenwood next year maybe this wont happen. Breckenwood :spitlol:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
He was on Brownwood's side. See-->http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9687/binocularsemoticon.gif

I guess he had his maroon colored binoculars on????

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I guess he had his maroon colored binoculars on???? Evidentally. Sure the Snyder Player held on a second. He was using one hand to free himself and he was twisted up by momentum. The Brownwood player reacted to something though. But my gosh that stuff has been happening in football ever since Moby Dick was a minnow. This isn't roundball Rockee. :rolleyes:

hollywood
10-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Rocket, thanks for posting this. What else were we suppose to do until about 10:30 Friday night? Evidence is clear, the hater glasses are on. ;)

hollywood
10-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Who do the Lions play next week? Is it Wylie or Sweetwater? I can't remember, both suck!:D

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Who do the Lions play next week? Is it Wylie or Sweetwater? I can't remember, both suck!:D Maybe y'all can talk them into playing flag football so y'alls ankle's don't get twisted.

ccmom
10-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Maybe y'all can talk them into playing flag football so y'alls ankle's don't get twisted. :clap:

garciap77
10-21-2010, 12:12 PM

If you were sitting on the Brownwood side, I doubt very seriously you could have seen ANYTHING anyway!!!

:eek:

Sweetwater Red
10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Rocket, thanks for posting this. What else were we suppose to do until about 10:30 Friday night? Evidence is clear, the hater glasses are on. ;)

Forget Iceman and Maverick. We've got Rocket and his wingman Hollywood. :thumbsup: :doh:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/topgun.jpg

Rocket
10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Forget Iceman and Maverick. We've got Rocket and his wingman Hollywood. :thumbsup: :doh:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/topgun.jpg

HAHA... awesome.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Let's just remember something about last Friday's game.

61-20

LIONS
10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Whether the snyder kid did are not is speculation. Regardless the person that retaliates always gets called for the penalty. The boys have to play with more level heads. Things are going to happen in a football game that shouldn't. You just have to get over it and play your game.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
nm

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 12:26 PM
nm

Thank you, sir---could we have another?...:D Preferably, lots more....:D

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by LIONS
Whether the snyder kid did are not is speculation. Regardless the person that retaliates always gets called for the penalty. The boys have to play with more level heads. Things are going to happen in a football game that shouldn't. You just have to get over it and play your game.

Exactly what I said....sort of. :D
Those of us who played, know.;)

Nobody answered my questions.
What is the district policy on players getting ejected?
Will Ratliff have to sit out a game?
I hope not.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I hope not.

I wasn't able to find it in the UIL rules. It would have to be a district rule or district amendment. There are specific rules for coaches that have to sit 1 game. Not players.

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I wasn't able to find it in the UIL rules. It would have to be a district rule or district amendment. There are specific rules for coaches that have to sit 1 game. Not players.

It is a district rule.
The coaches usually vote on it before the season starts.

BEAST
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM

I hope not.

Im not 100% sure but from what Ive heard he has to sit 1 game.

BEAST

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

I was afraid of that.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM

I hope not.

Really? Football is a rough game? Oh my goodness. Shut up.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I was afraid of that.

It's a good life's lesson nevertheless. He will be fine either way. As for the team, Perez and Longoria are more than capable of getting the job done.

Rocket
10-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I was afraid of that.

Too bad it is against Sweetwater. We are really going to need him for that one. Not.

garciap77
10-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

UIL rules on ejections state that a player ejected in the first half of a game can come back and play in the next game, unless the coach implies further punishment. If a player is ejected in the second half, they must sit out the first half of the next game. It is totally up to each coach if the punishment is extended to a full game.

Found this on the net! 5A football site not sure if it applies to 3A.

Louie13
10-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Qualification: I'm from Brownwood and even my old eyes can see that the Snyder player had his left hand on the R foot of Ratliff for a long time. If Ratliff said he twisted, then he did, but Ratliff should not have kicked - cause the Refs can only call what they see.

No matter cause here's what happened next after Ratliff got booted. Our QB gather his group and took a major leadship role in telling them "something", then the coach came in and told the group "something".

And following all that, the Bwd momentum begin to build and Graylon threw for 200+ yds in the 4th Qtr and 5 TD's and our receivers refused to drop passes and our RB's refused to be stopped.

I heard your radio station calling the game and saying they could see the BWD momentum building & rolling.

Thanks Snyder for the motivation.

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Really? Football is a rough game? Oh my goodness. Shut up.

You know, one of these days I would like to meet you face to face and give you an opportunity to tell me to shut up to my face.

garciap77
10-21-2010, 12:55 PM
You know, one of these days I would like to meet you face to face and give you an opportunity to tell me to shut up to my face.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
10-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Backfire Rocket! :rolleyes:

I sure would like to see the video of #5 so that we can compare the "dirty play" of both teams. There were things from both teams that got out of hand, not just Snyder, as you imply Rocket. I am sure both coaches will address any issues, and neither condone unsportsmanlike conduct.

Now, quit crying Rocket.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm sure the RB had worst done to him in a pile before. Especially when your a stud on a powerhouse team. That's football.

He reacted the way I would of and 99% of other players would of. And, he sustained the punishment for his actions to, got booted from the game.

We all know, it's the second one to react that usually get's the punishment from officials.

Ya'll seem to think this isn't normal in football. I see nothing major here. Happens in most football games. Sure did back in the day too.

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
SO...........:confused: :confused: :confused:

Anybody here the Rangers are in the lead of the ALCS:D :clap: :D :clap:

OPERATOR
10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
I have the game film and just the this BS of a thread I am going to cut out every dirty play in this game. It's idiotic and flat out stupid to point out "Snyder" when you know Brownwood had their share of dirty plays, you continuously are thinking up and finding reasons to bash on teams, coaching staff, and just people in general.

OPERATOR
10-21-2010, 01:14 PM

He's acts like everyones best friend in person, but a big man behind that keyboard.

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Hey Rocket, stop whining already...

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM

You gonna beat me up tough guy? LOL

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by OPERATOR
He's acts like everyones best friend in person, but a big man behind that keyboard.

And Eagle 1A takes everything I say way too seriously. He also follows me around trying to put me in check. Gets old. So I am pleading with him to just shut up. ;)

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:25 PM
I have the game film and just the this BS of a thread I am going to cut out every dirty play in this game. It's idiotic and flat out stupid to point out "Snyder" when you know Brownwood had their share of dirty plays, you continuously are thinking up and finding reasons to bash on teams, coaching staff, and just people in general.

Cool. Go right ahead. 61-20

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Louie13
Qualification: I'm from Brownwood and even my old eyes can see that the Snyder player had his left hand on the R foot of Ratliff for a long time. If Ratliff said he twisted, then he did, but Ratliff should not have kicked - cause the Refs can only call what they see.

No matter cause here's what happened next after Ratliff got booted. Our QB gather his group and took a major leadship role in telling them "something", then the coach came in and told the group "something".

And following all that, the Bwd momentum begin to build and Graylon threw for 200+ yds in the 4th Qtr and 5 TD's and our receivers refused to drop passes and our RB's refused to be stopped.

I heard your radio station calling the game and saying they could see the BWD momentum building & rolling.

Thanks Snyder for the motivation.

These guys don't want to agree with me. If I said it was a clean play they would say it was dirty. Just the way it is...

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp

Yes sir! :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Hey Ump, you still think Yoe could hang with the Wood? LOL

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 01:32 PM

OMG...that is so childish!!

Anyway...I just posted this elsewhere...but what did Snyder do here last year??

Click on the pic

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/th_play20091106211417.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/?action=view&current=play20091106211417.mp4)

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Ump, you still think Yoe could hang with the Wood? LOL

Don't see any reason why they couldn't lol

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Don't see any reason why they couldn't lol

Exhibit A...

grahampaw
10-21-2010, 01:36 PM
You gonna beat me up tough guy? LOL Maybe someone from Snyder could hold Eagles legs while you kick him.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 01:37 PM

Click on the pic

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/th_play20091106211417.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/?action=view&current=play20091106211417.mp4) It's like dejavu all over again.:doh: :doh:

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Maybe someone from Snyder could hold Eagles legs while you kick him. :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 01:38 PM
It's like dejavu all over again.:doh: :doh:

I don't mean to start anything, but is that the same BW player??

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't mean to start anything, but is that the same BW player?? Yeppers.

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Exhibit A...
Which is???
You whinning about a play that got your player kicked out because he was the only one seen? Believe it or not, it happens all the time

hollywood
10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
I don't mean to start anything, but is that the same BW player??

If you don't mean to start something, then why post it? I know why, :stirpot:!

He was just trying to get to his feet when a Snyder player was going for his ankles, come on, anyone could see that! :rolleyes:

Famous words of my good buddy Beast, "Don't start none, won't be none."

;)

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:47 PM
What they fail to realize is that Snyder kids are very sneaky little devils. They do things to get players to retaliate. Little subtle punches and things. Brownwood is perfect. :D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
If you don't mean to start something, then why post it? I know why, :stirpot:!

He was just trying to get to his feet when a Snyder player was going for his ankles, come on, anyone could see that! :rolleyes:

Famous words of my good buddy Beast, "Don't start none, won't be none."

;)

I posted it NOW, because NOW is when I received it.

It would have been hard for me to have posted beforehand...doncha think????

My question was..."Was Snyder caught in a dirty play in this video?"

You gave your answer to that question....so thank you!!!!

Geez...are all Brownwood people so sensitive????:eek: :eek:

Rocket
10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Which is???
You whinning about a play that got your player kicked out because he was the only one seen? Believe it or not, it happens all the time

I am talking about how Brownwood would beat the ever loving dog crap out of Yoe.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 01:49 PM
What they fail to realize is that Snyder kids are very sneaky little devils. They do things to get players to retaliate. Little subtle punches and things. Brownwood is perfect. :D

There....that is the Rocket that I know and love!!;)

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Keep pecking away on that keyboard banty rooster.
If your going to tell a man to shut up you better have the testical fortitude to make him, even behind a keyboard.

DaHop72
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
What they fail to realize is that Snyder kids are very sneaky little devils. They do things to get players to retaliate. Little subtle punches and things. Brownwood is perfect. :D IGNORANT, IGNORANT, IGNORANT , is that clear enough.:D :D

hollywood
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
There....that is the Rocket that I know and love!!;)

How sweet it is to be loved by you, by you.:inlove:

Awe, how sweet.

:D

OPERATOR
10-21-2010, 01:54 PM

I could care less what the score is, I don't ride my hometown teams ass like you do.

Black_Magic
10-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Click on the pic

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/th_play20091106211417.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/?action=view&current=play20091106211417.mp4) I will tell you what that snyder kid did. The snyder kid had the gaul to tackle him. Looks like somebody should have done some home work before they stick a video in the mouth so to speak.

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I could care less what the score is, I don't ride my hometown teams ass like you do.

I think the part he "rides" is a little more around the front....:D

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I think the part he "rides" is a little more around the front....:D

Hiyo!!!

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
No it's not!! Go back and look at all your posts before the Stephenville game. You know, Rocket, most of your posts and threads are all about how great BWood is and who all they could hypothetically beat. And all that is fine, some of it you say is all in good fun, and most of us give you the benefit of the doubt. However this particular thread and some of your posts on here I'm afraid reveal the fact that you tend to act like a little whiney, snotty-nosed pissant. I think this thread puts to rest the idea that things you say are all in good fun. BUT, keep doing it because it's entertaining in a sick kind of way.

Hey Rockee...

Did you overlook this post?? :doh:

Ouch!! :eek: :eek:

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:03 PM

Click on the pic

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/th_play20091106211417.jpg (http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/Ki-Ki2KnB/?action=view&current=play20091106211417.mp4)

Whoa!! :eek: :eek:

BwdLion73
10-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Keep pecking away on that keyboard banty rooster.
If your going to tell a man to shut up you better have the testical fortitude to make him, even behind a keyboard.

:D Isnt that supposed to be intestinal fortitude?:D

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Qualification: I'm from Brownwood and even my old eyes can see that the Snyder player had his left hand on the R foot of Ratliff for a long time. If Ratliff said he twisted, then he did...

Exactly...

Rocket posted this video as if it was going to provide solid evidence that the kick was warranted and that the refs intentionally did not fault Snyder. Backfire! This video is not a case of "you have to see it to believe it". It's more like a case where "IF you believe it, you will SEE it." Everybody has homer glasses to an extent...just not everyone is willing to admit it.

The only thing this video proves is that the ejection was justified.

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:D Isnt that supposed to be intestinal fortitude?:D

Yes it was. :D
Or maybe not. :devil:

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:24 PM

Well...he's a lion, not a steer....so maybe he does?? :thinking: ;)

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes it was. :D
Or maybe not. :devil:

If we are going to be grammatically correct....it should have been "testicular fortitude!!"

:D :D

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
If we are going to be grammatically correct....it should have been "BALLS!!"

:D :D

RM, I helped you out. :D :D :D

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Proof of Rocket's foul play after the Snyder game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmIA14TL9k)

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:32 PM
RM, I helped you out. :D :D :D

Well that's what my head was saying, but I couldn't post that!!!!:D :D

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 02:33 PM
I could care less what the score is, I don't ride my hometown teams ass like you do. Ugh it's called a jock.:D

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:34 PM

You couldn't? :confused:

Guess I need to start being more lady like! :D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:36 PM
You couldn't? :confused:

Guess I need to start being more lady like! :D

Please don't!

Unfortunately, I am held to a "higher" standard than the average "mom" on here, so I have to curb my tongue!!:)

bobcat1
Proof of Rocket's foul play after the Snyder game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmIA14TL9k) That's right on target there.:D :clap:

RoyceTTU
Proof of Rocket's foul play after the Snyder game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmIA14TL9k)

WOW that kid is funny. Cracks me up

ccmom
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Please don't!

Unfortunately, I am held to a "higher" standard than the average "mom" on here, so I have to curb my tongue!!:)

I believe you just said I have low standards!! :eek: :eek:

Don't believe everything you hear about me from my days in Midland!! :D

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Oooooh shes callin you out RM!!!

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:39 PM

LOL!! No no no!!!!

We "mom mods" have to set an example, ya know!!!

If I posted that, I guarantee you, someone would report how it wasn't appropriate for a moderator to be talking like that.

I have learned my lesson(s) well!!:D

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Well...he's a lion, not a steer....so maybe he does?? :thinking: ;)

Maybe, maybe not....

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/401/goodmorningroostercrowi.jpg

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
He's acts like everyones best friend in person, but a big man behind that keyboard. Does he exhibit a lot of nervous laughter and constantly checks behind himself? I bet he walks fast too. Kinda sounds a little double minded to me. When he meets someone in person I bet he laughs nervously and then says "it's all in fun. hahahaha.":thinking:

Eagle 1
10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Does he exhibit a lot of nervous laughter and constantly checks behind himself? I bet he walks fast too. Kinda sounds a little double minded to me. When he meets someone in person I bet he laughs nervously and then says "it's all in fun. hahahaha.":thinking:

You know the type as well as I do. ;)

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 02:48 PM
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/268/scaredlionoh7.png

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Does he exhibit a lot of nervous laughter and constantly checks behind himself? I bet he walks fast too. Kinda sounds a little double minded to me. When he meets someone in person I bet he laughs nervously and then says "it's all in fun. hahahaha.":thinking:

Awww!! He gave me a hug when he saw me!!:D :D

I really think everyone who has met Rocket likes him in person...just not always so much on the board!!

TWO different personalities here!!!

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Awww!! He gave me a hug when he saw me!!:D :D

I really think everyone who has met Rocket likes him in person...just not always so much on the board!!

TWO different personalities here!!! I bet the whole time he was those eyes were watching everyone else. Does any one know how high can jump when you goose him? I bet he changes ends.:D

buckeyebob
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
I can't believe how everyone is down on Rocket....I see it...that Snyder creep was pulling leg hair...what a jerk.

SintonPirateFan
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM

you should back off. i think he's serious. Eagle 1 means business.

bobcat1
10-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
I can't believe how everyone is down on Rocket....I see it...that Snyder creep was pulling leg hair...what a jerk. :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Louie13
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM

Well RM, you are the moderator, and you couldn't post that but someone else can.

There's things like that I want to say, but I'm afraid one of your moderators will twist my ankle and throw me off! LOL :stirpot:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Well RM, you are the moderator, and you couldn't post that but someone else can.

There's things like that I want to say, but I'm afraid one of your moderators will twist my ankle and throw me off! LOL :stirpot:

I'm not much of an ankle twister...I was always more a biter, scratcher and hair puller!!!:D

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm not much of an ankle twister...I was always more a biter, scratcher and hair puller!!!:D

Hmm:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Hmm:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

My sister can attest to that.......:thinking: :thinking: and my hubby!!;) :p

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 03:23 PM
And which game will you be at tomorrow? lol

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
And which game will you be at tomorrow? lol

None!!

Greenwood plays Monahans in Greenwood, but I am helping my sister-in-law out tomorrow night.

Hubby will be running the chains so he will send me updates!!

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm glad we have a bye week. You sound dangerous. :D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm glad we have a bye week. You sound dangerous. :D

Re-read the post....it says "was". Back in the day when I used to think things were worth fighting over!!!:p

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 03:28 PM
None!!

Greenwood plays Monahans in Greenwood, but I am helping my sister-in-law out tomorrow night.

Hubby will be running the chains so he will send me updates!!

Haha I was thinking about a meet and greet :D hahaha

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Haha I was thinking about a meet and greet :D hahaha

You are a brave one....aren't ya??

BaseballUmp
10-21-2010, 03:30 PM
You are a brave one....aren't ya??

Haha

RoyceTTU
10-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Re-read the post....it says "was". Back in the day when I used to think things were worth fighting over!!!:p

Fair enough!!!

Old Cardinal
10-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I looked this over a number of times. The kid that "kicked" should certainly have been kicked out of the game-THAT was blatant.

garciap77
10-21-2010, 04:08 PM

Hey, 325! Can you send me the game film so I can can take look at it.:D

;)

grahampaw
10-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Quit whining Rocket, at least yall have a good kicker.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Quit whining Rocket, at least yall have a good kicker.

:spitlol: :clap:

garciap77
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM

Hiyo!!! Now, that right there is just too funny!:D

garciap77
10-21-2010, 04:14 PM

How did you know that????:D :D :D :D

;)

garciap77
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tin Cup
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Dumbest thread of the year lol sorry Rocket

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Dumbest thread of the year lol sorry Rocket

Seems like we all never get enough, I'll say that.....Rocket could put up a thread on cow manure and it would get 3000 views....gotta hand it to him---love him or hate him---he goes where he wants and takes everyone with him.:D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Seems like we all never get enough, I'll say that.....Rocket could put up a thread on cow manure and it would get 3000 views....gotta hand it to him---love him or hate him---he goes where he wants and takes everyone with him.:D

I agree!!

And I blame rocket for the fact that I am going to have to work double hard tomorrow...on a FRIDAY..to make up for what I didn't get done today!!

I may just have to bench him for a few days so I can get caught up....I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to string him up on!!!;)