PDA

View Full Version : Regions III & IV

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Following is the Wk7 3ADL Top 25 Ranking. Tell me more about the Reg. III and IV teams in this ranking. Which ones will make the best showings in the playoffs, and who do you feel is the most underated or maybe even darkhorse? (Yes, I know there will be homer posts, and that is fine---they go in the mix, also).

Week 7 3A Downlow (10/19/10):
RANK--TEAM (Previous)--PTS {First-place votes}

1. Brownwood (1)--275 {11}
2. Argyle (3)--249
3. Wimberley (4)--248
4. Celina (2)--246
5. Kirbyville (5)--236
6. Sealy (6)--199
7. Henderson (10)--187
8. Caldwell (11)--183
9. Alvarado (7)--179
10. Lucas Lovejoy (8)--170
11. Monahans (9)--157
12. Carthage (14)--138
13. Tyler Chapel Hill (12)--137
14. West Orange-Stark (13)--133
15. Brookshire Royal (17)--105
16. Fairfield (24)--92
17. Dalhart (19)--86
18. Kennedale (18)--76
19. Gilmer (15)--75
20. Sinton (22)--72
21. Cuero (20)--66
22. Snyder (NR)--43
23. Canton (21)--40
24. Mathis (25)--36
25. Dallas Madison (NR)--29

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Sanger 28, Giddings 20, Coldspring 18, Navasota 14, Graham 10, Lorena 10, Burnet 8, West Columbia 8, Sweeny 1

DROPPED: 16. Bridgeport, 23. Burnet

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:07 AM
We are really good. Not 2001 good, but people who think we are skating by because we haven't played "anybody" will be in for a rude surprise. :D

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We are really good. Not 2001 good, but people who think we are skating by because we haven't played "anybody" will be in for a rude surprise. :D

P4S--Who would Sinton most likely play in RD1 if they win out?

Lucky2Coach
10-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Depends on the Ingleside/ Rockport-Fulton game.

If Ingleside wins, Sinton will most likely play Columbia in DI.

If Rockport-Fulton wins, Sinton (assuming they would win out)would most likely play Needville in DII.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Why don't Sinton play teams out of Region 4 in non-district?

Lucky2Coach
10-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
Why don't Sinton play teams out of Region 4 in non-district?

They are down there pretty deep in Region 4. I would imagine travel costs would be pretty high to play another region in non-district. Just a guess.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I just think Sinton, like Cuero---can contend with other region schools and represent us in region 4 well in class 3A. We all know the talk about region 4 schools being weak.

In regards to travel. Descent matchups will more than cover the cost of travel expense. Plus, halfway sites is an option.

With today's game, other states traveling to Texas to play us, and across state big time matchups--- travel expenses are being covered by that game, and still turn a profit I believe.

The Sinton's/Refugio's has a great region 4 product---they need to sale it to other regions like Cuero does.

HEMOTOXIC
10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
We will get a better idea where Navasota stands after they play Caldwell Friday. I personally think that they are good. Not as good as some of the teams over the past few years, but, a solid bunch.

The Rattlers only loses came to undefeated Cameron Yoe 35-33 where we missed a two point conversion in the final minute of play. The other loss came to a 6-1 now 4A Bryan Rudder. Many aren't giving the Rangers the credit that is due because of this is only their 3rd year of varsity play and from past performances in those two seasons. Rudder is pretty good. They have only loss to Hutto. Hutto's only loss came to 7-0 Pflugerville Connally. The Rangers went on the road and beat a pretty good Bastrop Bear team in the process.

We will see what the future holds for the Rattlers. They have grown alot under first year starting QB Ian Day and the defense is really getting after it. It should be fun the last 3 weeks of the regular season.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Why don't Sinton play teams out of Region 4 in non-district? We used to, but our budgets have shrunk!! In the past we've played schools from central and east Texas in pre-district. I know in the early 90s we had a 2 year stand with Robinson at San Macros and then in the early 2000s we had a 2 year stand with Vanderbilt Industrial and Rice Consolidated, both at Victoria.

Also, it depends on what the coaches can/want to work out. Plus you have to give up a home game when playing some schools out of your region for a neutral site and that takes $ away from an already shrinking budget.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Depends on the Ingleside/ Rockport-Fulton game.

If Ingleside wins, Sinton will most likely play Columbia in DI.

If Rockport-Fulton wins, Sinton (assuming they would win out)would most likely play Needville in DII.<---- this :D

I'd love to go D1 so I can talk crap to Pancho & his bandits from Dub-C :D

gold_33
10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I still think we are the favorites to win Reg IV, I dont think Cuero without Jackson can beat us. Im sure there will be a couple teams that can give us a very good challenge but if we play like we can I think we should make it through region IV. Especially being that from what I have heard this week that we're getting our WR/DB Blakemore back for next weeks game, he's been out since two a days and he'll give us more speed and a big playmaker on offense and should shore up our secondary. Our leading tackler from last year that played corner and was injured in 7 on 7 during summer should be back for last district game or 1st playoff game and Smith too should be ready to roll around the last game of district. If these 3 guys all come back and are 100% healthy and ready to play then it makes our team alot better especially in the defensive backfield and that has been the one spot where we've been kinda suspect at times this year. Should be very intresting to see our team with those 3 guys back for the playoffs.

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I know Sinton would generate more income playing a Brownwood caliber school then they do playing a Valley caliber school.

In larger classification schools, when they travel for a home and home matchup in a high profile contest, the traveling school expenses are covered from the income created.

Today's games are not like they use to be in the 90's. The game itself will cover the expenses and still turn a profit for budgets. "If" you play a quality opponent. The fan's will come.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I know Sinton would generate more income playing a Brownwood caliber school then they do playing a Valley caliber school.

In larger classification schools, when they travel for a home and home matchup in a high profile contest, the traveling school expenses are covered from the income created.

Today's games are not like they use to be in the 90's. The game itself will cover the expenses and still turn a profit for budgets. "If" you play a quality opponent. The fan's will come.

Cool. Maybe I can sweet talk our AD into scheduling a "somebody" team in 2012. LOL

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Cool. Maybe I can sweet talk our AD into scheduling a "somebody" team in 2012. LOL

No sweet talking should be required. I would think he know's this. Only a handful of R4 school's can play outside it's region and be successful, and Sinton I think is one of them.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 10:11 AM
No sweet talking should be required. I would think he know's this. Only a handful of R4 school's can play outside it's region and be successful, and Sinton I think is one of them. I'm sure he knows, but now that we are getting turf (YAY!) I seriously doubt we'll be giving up any homes games. :D

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
WC is going to be the division 1 representative from d-29, and the road in the Reg 4 Div 1 bracket looks pretty weak.

I wouldn't be surprised if WC wins the region. I don't think this team has what it takes to get much farther than that (3 or so rounds) YET, but they could be ready in a few weeks. There's a lot of talent on this squad and they are YOUNG. Next year is when you really need to look out.

Regardless, WC should do some damage this year. I don't see many Reg 4 teams being able to slow down WC's offense (running game) enough to be able to beat them. It's going to take a great D line because they've got a lot of speed and some big O-lineman.

Floyd Bess (sophomore) has 69 carries for 731 yards (10.6 avg) and 4 TD's.

Sean Flannel (Junior) has 83 carries for 617 yards (7.4 avg) and 9 TD's.

Daymond Lewis (Senior QB) has 85 carries for 685 yards (8.1 avg) and 10 TD's.

Broderick Thomas (Sophomore) has 51 carries for 363 yards (7.1 avg) and 7 TD's.

Treylon Johnican (Junior) has 7 carries for 118 yards (16.9 avg) and 1 TD. The "long" run was 45 yards, btw.

So, I mean... the running game is kinda effective. :eek: :eek:

Snotbubbles
10-21-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm sure he knows, but now that we are getting turf (YAY!) I seriously doubt we'll be giving up any homes games. :D

He should give those (tax payers) footing that turf what they want then, quality matchups.

That turf will generate more income too, by hosting playoff games. Amazing what turf has done to the game. Best thing since slice bread IMO.

Our school spent 200k last year to re-level and plant new grass. After 2 home games, it's in pitiful shape. Talking about wasting taxpayers money. Added 500k more, they could of had field turf and cut out all the maintenance required to upkeep a grass field. Pay's for itself in a estimated 9-10 years.

Cuero amazes me. Why they have not yet installed turf. Those players over the years has more than earned field turf with their success. Did talk to principal recently, and I think they will be getting it soon. One of the best booster clubs in the state (Gobblersports.com, theres a plug), they can make it happen at Gobbler Stadium. Updated uprights too.

baseballcoach13
10-21-2010, 10:29 AM
<---- this :D

I'd love to go D1 so I can talk crap to Pancho & his bandits from Dub-C :D

Yeah, that week would be fun..but the next week when you are reading about us talking crap to our next opponent, it wouldn't be so much fun for ya! HAHA>

'Necks 2013-14
10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
Yeah, that week would be fun..but the next week when you are reading about us talking crap to our next opponent, it wouldn't be so much fun for ya! HAHA> :flaming: :flaming: OOOOHHH YOU GOT BURNED!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
WC is going to be the division 1 representative from d-29, and the road in the Reg 4 Div 1 bracket looks pretty weak.

I wouldn't be surprised if WC wins the region. I don't think this team has what it takes to get much farther than that (3 or so rounds) YET, but they could be ready in a few weeks. There's a lot of talent on this squad and they are YOUNG. Next year is when you really need to look out.

Regardless, WC should do some damage this year. I don't see many Reg 4 teams being able to slow down WC's offense (running game) enough to be able to beat them. It's going to take a great D line because they've got a lot of speed and some big O-lineman.

Floyd Bess (sophomore) has 69 carries for 731 yards (10.6 avg) and 4 TD's.

Sean Flannel (Junior) has 83 carries for 617 yards (7.4 avg) and 9 TD's.

Daymond Lewis (Senior QB) has 85 carries for 685 yards (8.1 avg) and 10 TD's.

Broderick Thomas (Sophomore) has 51 carries for 363 yards (7.1 avg) and 7 TD's.

Treylon Johnican (Junior) has 7 carries for 118 yards (16.9 avg) and 1 TD. The "long" run was 45 yards, btw.

So, I mean... the running game is kinda effective. :eek: :eek: hard to do damage in the playoffs if your knock out in the first round :devil: Better hope you get the green Pirates and not the Maroon Pirates :)

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, that week would be fun..but the next week when you are reading about us talking crap to our next opponent, it wouldn't be so much fun for ya! HAHA> Sure it would since you'd be talking crap to your next BASKETBALL opponent!!!

baseballcoach13
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
psshhhhhh.....we dont even have a basketball team. Nice try though.

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
psshhhhhh.....we dont even have a basketball team. Nice try though. Yall suck that bad? Figures!

baseballcoach13
10-21-2010, 11:52 AM
besides, its football season. Save your thump thump for later.

'Necks 2013-14
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
hard to do damage in the playoffs if your knock out in the first round :devil: Better hope you get the green Pirates and not the Maroon Pirates :) Maroon, green, pink or purple...it really doesn't matter because all pirates are the same. Just a bunch of grown men sailing around together with--hmm--NO women on board with way too much time on their hands!! And so it begins.:D :stirpot:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
Maroon, green, pink or purple...it really doesn't matter because all pirates are the same. Just a bunch of grown men sailing around together with--hmm--NO women on board with way too much time on their hands!! And so it begins.:D :stirpot: After the Pirates of any color sail on past the first round, ya'll roughnecks are welcome to jump on board otherwise walk the plank!!!

Saggy Aggie
10-21-2010, 12:20 PM
hard to do damage in the playoffs if your knock out in the first round :devil: Better hope you get the green Pirates and not the Maroon Pirates :) RF is Columbia's likely opponent right? But, if Ingleside beats RF, then WC gets Sinton? And there's no possibility of a Mathis/WC match up? There would be a few rushing yards in that game. :eek:

baseballcoach13
10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
After the Pirates of any color sail on past the first round, ya'll roughnecks are welcome to jump on board otherwise walk the plank!!! :sleeping: :sleeping:

Cam
10-21-2010, 12:42 PM
Saggy Aggie says road thru Region IV Div. 1 looks weak. It just got tougher since it looks like darkhorse Burnet is now the big school. This is because so-called "hotshot" Lampasas (moved down from 4A) was expected to cruise thru District 25-3A. Well, Lamp is now 0-2 and in trouble of not even making playoffs. It's looking like Llano, Liberty Hill and Burnet. Burnet will have speed to match anyone on both sides of the ball. And, a real nasty attitude to go along with it. They're not real big, but they've already shown that doesn't matter. Ask 4A Marble Falls and all their behemoth filled roster....These flat-bellied boys just wear out those fat boys! Keep ignoring them people......

baseballcoach13
10-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Saggy Aggie says road thru Region IV Div. 1 looks weak. It just got tougher since it looks like darkhorse Burnet is now the big school. This is because so-called "hotshot" Lampasas (moved down from 4A) was expected to cruise thru District 25-3A. Well, Lamp is now 0-2 and in trouble of not even making playoffs. It's looking like Llano, Liberty Hill and Burnet. Burnet will have speed to match anyone on both sides of the ball. And, a real nasty attitude to go along with it. They're not real big, but they've already shown that doesn't matter. Ask 4A Marble Falls and all their behemoth filled roster....These flat-bellied boys just wear out those fat boys! Keep ignoring them people......

The playoff road is never weak. some teams may be 'tougher' than others...but in the playoffs every team is capable of getting beat.

gatordaze
10-21-2010, 01:31 PM
From the original list who are most likely the D1 teams in R3 and R4 and who wins for region and state semis? Who wins Region 1 for D1?

Looks like Springhill could be a force on that side of the bracket. Real confusing when east goes south and vice versa. I was just getting use to dividing the state vertically!

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't like the thought of both Sinton and Mathis in div 2.:eek:

Go Mustangs!:clap:

Blastoderm55
10-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I don't like the thought of both Sinton and Mathis in div 2.:eek:

Go Mustangs!:clap:

It would be quite a region final if both teams could make it.

sinfan75
10-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Well I already said Ingleside can beat Rockport. Sinton should go D1. But, I'm usually more wrong than right.:D :p

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
It would be quite a region final if both teams could make it.

Originally posted by sinfan75
Well I already said Ingleside can beat Rockport. Sinton should go D1. But, I'm usually more wrong than right.:D :p

If both teams stay healthy, who knows? lol

I know Mathis is all abuzz about Sinton next week. Hopefully they won't look past Ingleside this week.
But if they do...
then Ingleside has a better chance of making the playoffs. :eek:

Heard from a couple of Mathis folks that maybe the Sinton-Mathis showdown might be moved to Calallen?
That would be crazy!
But I'm sure that it is just fan talk.:D

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
But, I'm usually more wrong than right.:D :p

Yato, I thought it was just that you were more wrong AT night?
;) :D

sinfan75
10-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Yato, I thought it was just that you were more wrong AT night?
;) :D Now that's funny there!!:D :D :D

sinfan75
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM

I know Mathis is all abuzz about Sinton next week. Hopefully they won't look past Ingleside this week.
But if they do...

Heard from a couple of Mathis folks that maybe the Sinton-Mathis showdown might be moved to Calallen?
That would be crazy!
But I'm sure that it is just fan talk.:D If they did it would be in Sinton's favor.:D Just sayin!!

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
If they did it would be in Sinton's favor.:D Just sayin!!

I agree, but the whole town of Mathis is looking forward to this game. Many are thinking of " '01", too. That night is gonna be electric!:clap:

I would love for the game to be in Calallen. It would still be standing room only.:eek:

sinfan75
10-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey if Sinton-Mathis plays in Calallen it's home base for Sinton.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Y'all were very good that year, barely snuck by us ;) That was a tough loss...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Y'all were very good that year, barely snuck by us ;) That was a tough loss... Sinton snuck by power house Region 3 opponent 38-0 :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Bellville had some very good linebackers that year.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Bellville had some very good linebackers that year.

Ya we had a pretty salty front seven ;)

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Y'all were very good that year, barely snuck by us ;) That was a tough loss...

That was an awesome Bellville team. Went down to the wire there in Victoria.:clap: :cool:

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
That was an awesome Bellville team. Went down to the wire there in Victoria.:clap: :cool:

Thanks, probably the toughest loss for me. Not sure what else we could have done...

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
The Calallen thing is a possibility for next week. I don't know if Mathis will go for it though. :D

Would be cool if they did!!!

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Sinton and Mathis are capable of getting past D29 and the 1st round. Any way you slice it, I'm guessing Ingleside is done...unless they draw Needville somehow. Otherwise I think Sweeny and/or WC would dice IHS up. Anything can happen though. Will be interesting.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Sinton and Mathis are capable of getting past D29 and the 1st round. Any way you slice it, I'm guessing Ingleside is done...unless they draw Needville somehow. Otherwise I think Sweeny and/or WC would dice IHS up. Anything can happen though. Will be interesting.

Don't give up yet, fren.
Ingleside is always dangerous and could be a darkhorse if they make the playoffs.
R-F-Ingleside will be an awesome game to watch.
Both teams will need this game to make the playoffs.
Close proximity and desperation will make sure of that, this game will be incredible. :cool:

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks, probably the toughest loss for me. Not sure what else we could have done...

As a fan, if I was on the other side, I would still be disappointed.

Your team gave Sinton the best game that year until the finals.:nerd:

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
As a fan, if I was on the other side, I would still be disappointed.

Your team gave Sinton the best game that year until the finals.:nerd:

Ya I thought we were gonna have a longer run, it would have been fun to play Sinton at the big show... Sinton was a class act.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Ya I thought we were gonna have a longer run, it would have been fun to play Sinton at the big show... Sinton was a class act.

That game taught me much about Bellville(as classy as can be in that game).
To this day, is still the reason why I think highly about you good folks.:)

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:32 PM
To this day, is still the reason why I think highly about you good folks.:) Me too, even though some of them don't believe me :D

Brahma Mom is da bomb!!!

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
To this day, is still the reason why I think highly about you good folks.:)

The feelings are mutual, where did those 2 backs end up? They gave us a fit...

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Me too, even though some of them don't believe me :D

Brahma Mom is da bomb!!!

She is a special lady ;)

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:35 PM
The feelings are mutual, where did those 2 backs end up? They gave us a fit...

JUCO?

Ruiz I'm sure ended up there...
at least I think he did.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
JUCO?

Ruiz I'm sure ended up there...
at least I think he did.

Ya i remember we focused on Charles all week leading up to the game, contained him, and Ruiz ran wild. A great 1-2 punch. Not to mention Alaniz. One of the better backfields in the state that year...

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Me too, even though some of them don't believe me :D

Brahma Mom is da bomb!!!

To this day, SHE still holds a candle for Sinton. Can you believe it?

Talk about a class act!:clap:

Awesome fan and great online personality.:)

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Ya i remember we focused on Charles all week leading up to the game, contained him, and Ruiz ran wild. A great 1-2 punch. Not to mention Alaniz. One of the better backfields in the state that year...

Or maybe it was vice versa, focused on Ruiz. Cant remember now, I guess too many blows to the head ;)

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:39 PM
To this day, SHE still holds a candle for Sinton. Can you believe it?

Talk about a class act!:clap:

Awesome fan and great online personality.:)

Online or not, she has a great personality

pirate4state
10-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Ya i remember we focused on Charles all week leading up to the game, contained him, and Ruiz ran wild. A great 1-2 punch. Not to mention Alaniz. One of the better backfields in the state that year... That's what happened. I still remember the gang of Bellville guys that Ruiz carried for about 5 yards before they blew the whistle haha.

That was my favorite game that year.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Or maybe it was vice versa, focused on Ruiz. Cant remember now, I guess too many blows to the head ;)

lol
I'm not sure but Charles did get alot of the attention back in '01. You are probably right.

Dude, that defense yall had was incredible. Took out Bandera the week before right(who took out Burnet before that?)?:eek:

Or was it yall took out a talented Burnet who took out a talented Bandera?:eek:

Just crazy talk on my part now. lol

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Sinton and Mathis are capable of getting past D29 and the 1st round. Any way you slice it, I'm guessing Ingleside is done...unless they draw Needville somehow. Otherwise I think Sweeny and/or WC would dice IHS up. Anything can happen though. Will be interesting. Oh I'm not giving up, I'm just a realist. The Mustangs are down this year, as well as my Needville Blue Jays. A Sinton/Mathis -vs- Sweeny/WC matchup would be great, Needville will lose to whoever they draw outa yall's district w/ the exception of maybe Ingleside, and if IHS gets anyone BUT Needville they don't have much of a chance. I've been wrong before, but that's just how I see it.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
lol
I'm not sure but Charles did get alot of the attention back in '01. You are probably right.

Dude, that defense yall had was incredible. Took out Bandera the week before right(who took out Burnet before that?)?:eek:

Or was it yall took out a talented Burnet who took out a talented Bandera?:eek:

Just crazy talk on my part now. lol

We beat Burnet the first week, Bandera the second week

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
We beat Burnet the first week, Bandera the second week

That is why yall were so salty. Yall beat two up-and-coming teams in two weeks.:clap:
Bandera won the state title the next year and Burnet met the Juggernaut aka Everman in the title game.

Good games all! :clap:

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh I'm not giving up, I'm just a realist. The Mustangs are down this year, as well as my Needville Blue Jays. A Sinton/Mathis -vs- Sweeny/WC matchup would be great, Needville will lose to whoever they draw outa yall's district w/ the exception of maybe Ingleside, and if IHS gets anyone BUT Needville they don't have much of a chance. I've been wrong before, but that's just how I see it.

All I have heard from my friends from Mathis this week is about next week.

Of course those are just fans talking.:)

I would prefer Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside making the playoffs.:clap:

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 09:52 PM
All I have heard from my friends from Mathis this week is about next week.

Of course those are just fans talking.:) probably not smart to overlook anyone, but I'm sure they'll be alright....until they meet a team that has the speed on D to expose their seemingly one dimensional offense. Then they're done. Sinton overall is a better, more well rounded team it would seem. Question is...can they slow down the rushing attack of the Lake Pirates. If so....Sinton wins.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 09:53 PM
That is why yall were so salty. Yall beat two up-and-coming teams in two weeks.:clap:
Bandera won the state title the next year and Burnet met the Juggernaut aka Everman in the title game.

Good games all! :clap:

Yup, there were a lot of great football teams that year... Wish we could get back to that level

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Yup, there were a lot of great football teams that year... Wish we could get back to that level could you imagine that district if all teams involved were at the peak of the existence? Sealy, you guys, etc? That'd be a GAUNTLET!

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:57 PM
probably not smart to overlook anyone, but I'm sure they'll be alright....until they meet a team that has the speed on D to expose their seemingly one dimensional offense. Then they're done. Sinton overall is a better, more well rounded team it would seem. Question is...can they slow down the rushing attack of the Lake Pirates. If so....Sinton wins.

I think it is a toss-up at this point. I just want the teams to stay healthy.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Did Sinton have Bubba Heard also with Ruiz and Charles. Heard played with Rice i think, he was fast through the line of scrimmage.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Yup, there were a lot of great football teams that year... Wish we could get back to that level

Sinton is known for baseball. So yeah, your whole district has hurt us.:doh: :D

IHStangFan
I think it is a toss-up at this point. I just want the teams to stay healthy.:) Yup....cause Sweeny is tough EVERY year, and WC is seemingly fairly tough this year. Ya'll will need to be at 100%. I'll probably make one of those games when our districts meet.

OLE'BULL
could you imagine that district if all teams involved were at the peak of the existence? Sealy, you guys, etc? That'd be a GAUNTLET!

That would be very interesting

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Did Sinton have Bubba Heard also with Ruiz and Charles. Heard played with Rice i think, he was fast through the line of scrimmage.

Man, good question! Maybe maroonpirate can help us out on this?:doh:

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Man, good question! Maybe maroonpirate can help us out on this?:doh:

Yup, played with him at Rice. We were juniors that year

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Yup....cause Sweeny is tough EVERY year, and WC is seemingly fairly tough this year. Ya'll will need to be at 100%. I'll probably make one of those games when our districts meet.

Toss-up between Sinton and Mathis.

Didn't say anything about Sweeny.:D

Don't know enough about them to comment on a possible match-up there.:D

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Yup, played with him at Rice. We were juniors that year

Cool!

Hey wait!

Didn't you just re-register recently?
:thinking:

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Toss-up between Sinton and Mathis.

Didn't say anything about Sweeny.:D

Don't know enough about them to comment on a possible match-up there.:D Sinton and Mathis seem to have a chance with either Sweeny and/or WC this year. Those will both be killer games I suspect. Sweeny is a hair down from normal, and WC is a 180 from what they've been in the last few years. WC ALWAYS has talent and some speed, but in recent years just couldn't put it all together. Seems they've found a winning combo this year apparently. Will be interesting. Needville is down and only gets into the playoffs because the rest of the district is horrible...pretty much like Ingleside. Have to beat Wharton to get in I believe, as IHS has to be RF which is possible.

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Sinton and Mathis seem to have a chance with either Sweeny and/or WC this year. Those will both be killer games I suspect. Sweeny is a hair down from normal, and WC is a 180 from what they've been in the last few years. WC ALWAYS has talent and some speed, but in recent years just couldn't put it all together. Seems they've found a winning combo this year apparently. Will be interesting. Needville is down and only gets into the playoffs because the rest of the district is horrible...pretty much like Ingleside. Have to beat Wharton to get in I believe, as IHS has to be RF which is possible.

I think Ingleside or R-F> than Wharton this year.:nerd: :D

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Cool!

Hey wait!

Didn't you just re-register recently?
:thinking:

I did, first joined in 2001, got back on this year. My little brother is on the team so I had to get on and stir things up!:mad:

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I did, first joined in 2001, got back on this year. My little brother is on the team so I had to get on and stir things up!:mad:

Your secret is safe with me, buddy.:)

Gotta get some ZZZZZzzzzzzzs.

Early day tomorrow.

See yall in the morn.:)

IHStangFan
10-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I think Ingleside or R-F> than Wharton this year.:nerd: :D OH absolutely...Wharton always has a play maker or two, but don't seem to grasp the "team" concept. Needville will probably beat Wharton, but I don't know if they would beat Ingleside or RF. Needville ALWAYS lacks speed. They're usually big and run right at you because of those two factors. With teams that lack size they are effective, but w/ teams that have a little size and have some speed Needville struggles.

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Your secret is safe with me, buddy.:)

Gotta get some ZZZZZzzzzzzzs.

Early day tomorrow.

See yall in the morn.:)

Haha, good memory! Say a prayer for the Bulls, were gonna need it for Sealy

SintonFan
10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
OH absolutely...Wharton always has a play maker or two, but don't seem to grasp the "team" concept. Needville will probably beat Wharton, but I don't know if they would beat Ingleside or RF. Needville ALWAYS lacks speed. They're usually big and run right at you because of those two factors. With teams that lack size they are effective, but w/ teams that have a little size and have some speed Needville struggles.

RF is bigger than Ingleside imho, if RF is healthy.
But both teams have decent speed.
Gotta love the Coastal Bend!

Gni.:)

Blastoderm55
10-21-2010, 11:18 PM

But if they do...

That would be crazy!
But I'm sure that it is just fan talk.:D

No way that happens. Gotta keep the home-field advantage. The track will be full of fans from both sides, just like last year's home playoff game against Lyford. That brand new track was absolutely trashed.

pirate4state
10-22-2010, 12:03 AM
besides, its football season. Save your thump thump for later.

weak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4OtbfDhsM)

MUSTANG69
10-22-2010, 07:50 AM
The Calallen thing is a possibility for next week. I don't know if Mathis will go for it though. :D

Would be cool if they did!!!

They probably will not. I been told Mathis doesn't travel well. Home games the whole town turns out. If they have to travel there is low fan support. Callalen would be to Sinton's advantage as far as fan support goes.

baseballcoach13
10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
weak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g4OtbfDhsM)

weak, maybe But Pancho told me to take it easy on you because you were rather sensitive.

Blastoderm55
10-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
They probably will not. I been told Mathis doesn't travel well. Home games the whole town turns out. If they have to travel there is low fan support. Callalen would be to Sinton's advantage as far as fan support goes.

You've been told wrong. Mathis may have not traveled well to Zapata, but the school district will bus the fans to Calallen in a yellow dog if transportation is an issue.