PDA

View Full Version : Don't be surprised when Todd Dodge lands in Prosper boys

Eagle2
10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Heard it through the "grapevine"

Matthew328
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
I've heard a few spots where Dodge could land

Prosper is one, I've heard Plano West and I've heard Temple...

Bullaholic
10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Did they promise him Deion's house? :D

Eagle2
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
No but deion's kids are enrolled in Prosper now. I think his oldest is QB at FM Marcus this year. The younger 2 are at Prosper.

firstdown
10-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Why would Dodge want to go to Prosper? First your fans are rabid after a Coach that recently won a state championship. Secondly you are going to move up into the 4A ranks before long and be looking Highland Park dead in the eye. You think that Celina looks at you like a little brother HP WILL FOR SURE.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Why would Dodge want to go to Prosper? First your fans are rabid after a Coach that recently won a state championship. Secondly you are going to move up into the 4A ranks before long and be looking Highland Park dead in the eye. You think that Celina looks at you like a little brother HP WILL FOR SURE.

they said same thing about SLC and he did fine there

Ernest T Bass
10-20-2010, 03:54 PM

To be fair, Dodge won a state championship in SLC's first year in 5a. First time that's ever happened. Just sayin'

firstdown
10-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
To be fair, Dodge won a state championship in SLC's first year in 5a. First time that's ever happened. Just sayin'

That's exactly what I'm getting at. The conditions were perfect in Southlake. Not so in Prosper....Prosper aint no Southlake. just sayin'

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
That's exactly what I'm getting at. The conditions were perfect in Southlake. Not so in Prosper....Prosper aint no Southlake. just sayin'

the conditions did not look good for SLC when they moved up to 5A..they had not been dominant in 4A by any means

firstdown
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
the conditions did not look good for SLC when they moved up to 5A..they had not been dominant in 4A by any means

In 2001 they lost to Ennis in the 4A semi finals.

MoveInDad
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Eagle2
Heard it through the "grapevine"
Funny, I almost posted something similar this morning... hadn't heard anything though, just a gut feeling.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
In 2001 they lost to Ennis in the 4A semi finals.

with like an 10-5 record if I am not mistaken or something close to that.

they were not dominant and no one thought they would step into 5A and be a dynasty

Pick6
10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Seems like a lot of hate for Prosper going on.

Emerson1
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I heard he is coming to North Forney.

firstdown
10-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
with like an 10-5 record if I am not mistaken or something close to that.

they were not dominant and no one thought they would step into 5A and be a dynasty

You're right they went 9-5 with a regional appearance in 2000. 10-5 with a state semi appearance in 2001. Dodge is a great HS coach, can probably have his pick of jobs, I just don't know why he would choose Prosper.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 04:32 PM
You're right they went 9-5 with a regional appearance in 2000. 10-5 with a state semi appearance in 2001. Dodge is a great HS coach, can probably have his pick of jobs, I just don't know why he would choose Prosper.

because just like SLC he would basically be able to build the program how he wants..no one would expect them to win right away if they do go 4A and the area is growing...honestly it is alot like SLC before their explosion into 5A

gatordaze
10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
No but deion's kids are enrolled in Prosper now. I think his oldest is QB at FM Marcus this year. The younger 2 are at Prosper.

Prosper is a magnet for ex-athlete dads and their sons.

Deion shopped Bucky to every little league team in the area for years on the condition that he be allowed to play QB. He finally got frustrated at started his own team that practiced in his yard. (big yard with goal posts). My boys played for at least 2 teams that told him no and 1 team that played him in a scrimmage at his house. He also "adopted" Noel Devine and enrolled him at Prosper only to find his car running at DFW and Noel back in Florida.

Juan's dad was a stud at FSU in the day and apparently does not sit by idle.

I am sure that Mario Edwars was an interviewing asset for his dad.

By contrast one of Prosper's most famous dad's is Torii Hunter. Torri junior is a baller in every sport. although he is only in town for a portion of basketball season, I have sat with him at several Bball games over the past 3 years and you would not even know who he was as he is so low key.

Pick6
10-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I just don't know why he would choose Prosper.

Why would GA Moore go to Aubrey? Maybe everyone isn't looking for the easy way out. He goes to an average team and builds them into a championship team, that will increase his reputation.

Matthew328
10-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Why would you go to Prosper

1) top notch facilities
2) one school town
3) great location
4) demographics and economics are favorable
5) the kids there have experienced success and know how to handle it

Keith7
10-20-2010, 05:11 PM
He will want more money and a higher profile job than Prosper has to offer.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
He will want more money and a higher profile job than Prosper has to offer.

money would not be an issue for Prosper...you might be right on the prestige of the job..but I also know from dealing with him in the past, he loved the building part of the his SLC run

Keith7
10-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm sure he wouldn't mind the building part but I think he would go 5A long before 3A.

alaskacat
10-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1) top notch facilities
2) one school town
3) great location

I kind of disagree with point 5. Prosper has had at best limited success. As far as handling it, that is to be seen. All I have seen is arrogance, and I went to a couple of their playoff games with a Celina hat and was treated like I HAD THE PLAGUE. To be able to "handle it", you do it with 6. humbleness and 7. class.

The latter 2 they are distinctly lacking as a whole.....just sayin

hollywood
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Look out Celina, Prosper is going to start kicking that Bobcat tail if this happens! :eek:

:D

MoveInDad
10-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1) top notch facilities
2) one school town
3) great location

Though I believe they passed a bond election which included funds for a second high school, so they probably stay 4A after he next realignment and the kids Snr's in 2011 were freshman in 2008. Nevertheless, you're right, Prosper has all ingredients for a good coach to establish a winning tradition...;)

Rabid Cougar
10-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I certainly would not count out Austin Westlake.

TuckA4
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Can someone look up how Dodge did before he went to Southlake?

Are they hiring him to be an assistant coach? To my knowledge Prosper already has a head coach.

Will he be willing to teach 6 classes?

Thank you again Eagle2 for your support!

bobcat4life
10-20-2010, 11:26 PM
I think the chances of him landing in Prosper are less than 5 percent at best. I just dont see it happening

Matthew328
10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Austin Westlake is not a player...Allman is doing a real good job...

Prosper hasn't had a long tradition of success but the past 5 years have been good..the kids that are there now don't know about 2-8 or 3-7...they pretty much only know playoffs...

Prosper will be 4A next alignment also

NastySlot
10-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

At one time I would of believe this to be true....idk now.

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

They're VERY happy with their HC. I dont see why he would leave.
And no, an HC with 4 5a state championships isn't going to teach classes LOL

EagleMaster23
10-21-2010, 09:11 AM

That might be a problem, unless Prosper throws in the whole package giving him the Athletic Director job as well. And wouldn't you know it Prosper's head coach is also.... the AD. What a cowinky dink. :p

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by EagleMaster23
And wouldn't you know it Prosper's head coach is also AD

No he's not, Ronnie Mullins is. And Coach doesn't teach any classes, anyway. Very few HFC's teach anymore, even without the AD title.

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, Ronnie Mullins is the AD.
No, the HC does not teach classes.
Dodge would have to teach classes b/c there is already a HC in Prosper, but I don't see Dodge coming in as an assistant.

Send_the_House
10-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by TuckA4
Dodge would have to teach classes b/c there is already a HC in Prosper, but I don't see Dodge coming in as an assistant.

The implied point is that if Dodge were to go to Prosper, the current head coach would be fired...

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 11:11 AM
If Dodge comes it won't be as an assistant. He'll be coming in as HC and bringing his crew....WE HOPE! Prosper needs a good leader. They have the facilities, location, and probably the talent to be competitive for a long term coach.

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Yes, I know that and my implied point is that Eagle2 comes on here with an agenda. Dodge will not come to Prosper. His ego and the supt.'s ego will not fit in the same room. If he does though, his first order of business may need to be to ban supporters such as Eagle2 from the stadium because he will be on here a year from know bad mouthing his every move and bad mouthing the players all because his kid or his friend's kid doesn't play.

DeuceDeuce
10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
I think you are 100% correct Eagle2 that is exactlty what Prosper needs is a new coach.

The guy that is there has gone 41 - 10 over the last 4 years, including a State Championship and a trip to the Quarter Finals.

His playoff record is horrible... 8 - 3 over the last 4 years.

Maybe you can use all your Prosper "Connections" and they can hire Wade Phillips, he might be looking for a job soon.

Or better yet, maybe you will coach the team next year....I bet that will lead to instant success!!!!

PHOP
10-21-2010, 11:58 AM
The current HC is a good man – Sadly a couple of former players and their parents don’t like the current HC because he wasn’t afraid to call the player out for on and off field issues. Worse yet he didn’t let daddy call the shots or have influence. When you live in a town with a mixture of red necks and affluence you will get hit at every angle…end of the day the HC is not your buddy and his job isn’t there to make sure little Johnny goes to college on a scholarship…like it or not that is your job player/parent.

Bottom line the Prosper HC doesn’t play favorites and that pisses off both the long time homers and “connected” bunch.

Send_the_House
10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
If Dodge comes it won't be as an assistant. He'll be coming in as HC and bringing his crew....WE HOPE! Prosper needs a good leader. They have the facilities, location, and probably the talent to be competitive for a long term coach.

Clearly a parent of a kid who doesn't get to play, but was a superstar in PeeWee...!

Prosper is lucky to have the coach they have.

PHOP
10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Clearly a parent of a kid who doesn't get to play, but was a superstar in PeeWee...!

Amen!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
That may be the most oustanding reply put on here PHOP. That is exactly why the last 2 coordinators left b/c they wouldn't put up with it either and found better places...I said it, better places!

ahs_indian_fan
10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I think Dodge will end up at Tarleton ... great program having an awful year. Wouldn't take much to get them back to winning and they will be a part of the Southland Conference before too long.

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Send_the_House

I don't have a kid that is in HS much less playing football yet. I am a fan or Prosper, want them to win. Come watch a game and you'd understand. The 08 title was won by Mobley, right Tuck, you know. And for you guys that say our HC doesn't listen to dads, he got dog cussed by a certain kids dad after the Argyle game and that kids reward was to get more touches from this point forward. Come on, blow that smoke somewhere else. Eagle2 is a Prosper fan, don't forget that. Eagle2 is not a fan of the HC (along with 95% of the other people in the stands. It doesn kinda feel like being at a Cowboys game at time, fun stuff!

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't have a kid that is in HS much less playing football yet. I am a fan or Prosper, want them to win. Come watch a game and you'd understand. The 08 title was won by Mobley, right Tuck, you know. And for you guys that say our HC doesn't listen to dads, he got dog cussed by a certain kids dad after the Argyle game and that kids reward was to get more touches from this point forward. Come on, blow that smoke somewhere else. Eagle2 is a Prosper fan, don't forget that. Eagle2 is not a fan of the HC (along with 95% of the other people in the stands. It doesn kinda feel like being at a Cowboys game at time, fun stuff!

1. You do not represent 95% of Prosper. I sit in the same stands you do. I've watched the same games you've watched. The issue is not with the coaches, it is with people like you who teach their kids to be selfish.

2. The kids won the game not Mobley. I was at 12 out of the 15 games they played that year & never once saw him suite out. I was at 13 games last year and he never once scored a touchdown. He is a good coach. The HC is doing a good job. The others that have come through have done good jobs.

3. If you were a Prosper fan you would support the men who sacrifice countless hours to help kids (one day they will help my 3 sons) instead of trying to be divisive.

4. Grow up

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
1. You do not represent 95% of Prosper. I sit in the same stands you do. I've watched the same games you've watched. The issue is not with the coaches, it is with people like you who teach their kids to be selfish.

2. The kids won the game not Mobley. I was at 12 out of the 15 games they played that year & never once saw him suite out. I was at 13 games last year and he never once scored a touchdown. He is a good coach. The HC is doing a good job. The others that have come through have done good jobs.

3. If you were a Prosper fan you would support the men who sacrifice countless hours to help kids (one day they will help my 3 sons) instead of trying to be divisive.

4. Grow up

Lets agree to disagree

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 02:07 PM
giving up already...very disappointed..

bowleghorses
10-21-2010, 02:43 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

DtHood21
10-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Get him Tuck!

DeuceDeuce
10-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Eagle2 -- Where did Mobley go?? How is he doing??

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DeuceDeuce

DC at Seguin.

DtHood21
10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by DeuceDeuce

Seguin, yes. And they are 1-6 with a lot of injuries and such...

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 03:21 PM
giving up already...very disappointed..

I don't ever give up but this is useless. You and I don't see eye to eye about the HC in Prosper and never will. I do hope you open your ears a little better and more importantly watch this offense a little better. Don't be so happy about the win vs Frisco. It's a W but lets look at the losses. We've been in every game but lost all 4 tight games. When we get stuffed we stick with the same plays over and over and over. You know I'm right. Anyways, go Prosper, the next 3 should be cake walks to say the least...

Ernest T Bass
10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DtHood21
Seguin, yes. And they are 1-6 with a lot of injuries and such...

They've been pretty bad for awhile now.

firstdown
10-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't ever give up but this is useless. You and I don't see eye to eye about the HC in Prosper and never will. I do hope you open your ears a little better and more importantly watch this offense a little better. Don't be so happy about the win vs Frisco. It's a W but lets look at the losses. We've been in every game but lost all 4 tight games. When we get stuffed we stick with the same plays over and over and over. You know I'm right. Anyways, go Prosper, the next 3 should be cake walks to say the least...

Was the Argyle game close in your eyes?

Keith7
10-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Doesn't Prosper use the same logo as UNT?

Cuz if so, that would make sense for Dodge to at least take a look at what Prosper has to offer. I mean the guy wouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe.

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Was the Argyle game close in your eyes?

Yes sir it was & should have been a game til the end. I like how you (Mr. Argyle) jump in on that. You guys have a good team so don't get all wound up. Not as good as Love Joy (IMO) but you're a good team for sure. :eek:

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Doesn't Prosper use the same logo as UNT?

Cuz if so, that would make sense for Dodge to at least take a look at what Prosper has to offer. I mean the guy wouldn't have to buy a new wardrobe.

Hilarious, I like your thinking. I honestly think Prosper almost had some legal issues from UNT about the logo change a few years back when Prosper "revised" their look.

firstdown
10-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes sir it was & should have been a game til the end. I like how you (Mr. Argyle) jump in on that. You guys have a good team so don't get all wound up. Not as good as Love Joy (IMO) but you're a good team for sure. :eek:

Wow...It's a little early to hitting the bottle isn't it? In your words we will just have to agree to disagree.

Eagle2
10-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow...It's a little early to hitting the bottle isn't it? In your words we will just have to agree to disagree.

I'm sorry, yes Argyle dominated from start to finish. They may be the best team to ever lace them up in Texas HS history. Does that make you feel better? :clap:

ctown
10-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry, yes Argyle dominated from start to finish. They may be the best team to ever lace them up in Texas HS history. Does that make you feel better? :clap:

I nominate the Prosper Argyle game for the closest blowout in the history of the game in Texas, maybe even the world. It was so close it was almost not in question when it was in question...:confused:

Keith7
10-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Don't worry.. Argyle will get theirs tomorrow

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't worry.. Argyle will get theirs tomorrow

You're talking about the legal limit on Leopard skins---right????:D

firstdown
10-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Thank you, there may be hope for you after all, and yes it does make me feel better knowing that I don't have to worry about agreeing to disagreeing with you.

Pop the top on another one buddy it will be alright tomorrow. Peace

firstdown
10-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You're talking about the legal limit on Leopard skins---right????:D

Thank you Mister Bull. Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

TuckA4
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM

The HC has done some things in the past that I don't agree with, but I don't bring it up here. I do love to hear all the "expert" comments about the offense coming from the stands. I loved when I first moved here in 05 it was "we run too much" new coach and new OC come in then it was "we try to throw it too much", the 08 year it was drive by drive, sometimes I would hear we throw it too much or we run it too much. My favorite was "we're too predictable" then we would score! I loved too when the QB's dad would yell "C'mon___" and yell the OC's name because we wouldn't throw it when he thought we should. Just some examples.

Can you describe what formations the offense is running. What type of blocking schemes do they use. What type of routes do they run. Can you name a play?

I dont think the win over Lone Star is any accomplishment b/c the 8th grade squad could of beat them.

Same plays over and over....if they don't stop it then why not call it?

Twirling Time
10-21-2010, 09:17 PM
I think it's about 50-50 that Dodge ends up back in Southlake after the quarterback mess there. They're sitting at 5-2 and already they're ready to run Wasson off.

partimefan
10-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Why would GA Moore go to Aubrey? Maybe everyone isn't looking for the easy way out. He goes to an average team and builds them into a championship team, that will increase his reputation.

G.A. went to Aubrey because he wanted to coach his grandson who is a freshman playing QB on the JV.

BLACK ATTACK
10-21-2010, 10:42 PM

I seem to remember beating Lovejoy.............and as far as Prosper goes, i also seem to remember a pretty good point spread there with all of our backups playing the fourth quarter.

Maybe you weren't actually at the game?

BLACK ATTACK
10-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ctown
I nominate the Prosper Argyle game for the closest blowout in the history of the game in Texas, maybe even the world. It was so close it was almost not in question when it was in question...:confused:

+1

BLACK ATTACK
10-21-2010, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle2
[B]I'm sorry, yes Argyle dominated from start to finish.

This is the only logical statement that you have made in any of your posts that I have read.

redball
10-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Here it is boys... Dodge will not be in Prosper... I do agree that Prosper needs a new HC... Mobley was the man behind the state championship in 08. He taught those boys what FAMILY was and he united them. Those boys would walk on the moon for Mobley. I am sure he left because of assistant coaches not being there for the right reasons. If you ask me, MOBLEY should be the HC in Prosper. Yea, they may not win State, but he will teach them so much more about life than just winning state championships. You find too many coahes out there that can motivate kids the way he can. The kids will win for him because they will respect him, something that Scott doesn't get from his players.

Rabid Cougar
10-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I am not aware of any discontent their either. He does have pretty deep ties there though.

orange machine
10-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Prosper is going through what alot of schools who have some sucsess do. They are good for a few years then they fall off and they want to hang the coach.

TuckA4
10-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by redball
Here it is boys... Dodge will not be in Prosper... I do agree that Prosper needs a new HC... Mobley was the man behind the state championship in 08. He taught those boys what FAMILY was and he united them. Those boys would walk on the moon for Mobley. I am sure he left because of assistant coaches not being there for the right reasons. If you ask me, MOBLEY should be the HC in Prosper. Yea, they may not win State, but he will teach them so much more about life than just winning state championships. You find too many coahes out there that can motivate kids the way he can. The kids will win for him because they will respect him, something that Scott doesn't get from his players.

I agree that Mobley will be an outstanding HC one day, but he will not come back to Prosper because he does not play politics and like it or not to coach in Prosper you have to play politics. Could you please clarify one thing redball. What do you mean by assistant coaches not being there for the right reasons? I would not think that they would be there for any other reason than to help kids. My father is a retired coach and the only reason he did it so long was for the kids. It certainly was not for the money. Just curious as to why you would say that.

redball
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, let me put it this way. There are some assistant coaches on the Prosper staff, that when it comes down to it, they really don't care about the kids. They really aren't that great of coaches either. To coach, you have to love the game, but you also have to care about the kids. Motivating your players is important and gaining their trust and respect goes along way. This is something that the CURRENT coaches don't do. Prosper is one of the highest paying jobs in Texas, and yes, some are there for the money. Scott is a great guy, but not a great coach. Just my opinion.

TuckA4
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Well my opinion is that there were some very good assistants there and have all left. Mobley was a great one, but not the only one. Spoor, Peacock and Hardy were all great coaches that have left the program or no longer work at the HS. Harrell comes in and leaves after 1 year. Scott does a good job, but the real issue is at the administration building and with the school board, particulary the vice president of the school board. He has chased off a couple of coaches because his son did not play and the supe does nothing to back them up. The former AD and Scott did nothing to back them up because they are afraid of the supe who just happens to be best buds with the vice president. So maybe these new guys are just trying to be non-confrontational or something to protect themselves. Until some things change up above Prosper will not be able to keep quality coaches, and if Scott leaves they will not get a coach like Todd Dodge. So to close this thread off Dodge would not go to Prosper. Although stranger things have happened.