PDA

View Full Version : Dunta Robinson

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Fined $50,000

BS....he plans to appeal and released this statement.

"I am disappointed by the NFL's ruling. I recognize the goal is to protect all players - from the Pee Wee level on up - however, this was a bang-bang hit situation where I did not lead with my helmet, and therefore I will appeal. Although it was a violent hit, my hit did not violate the NFL's rules, and yes I was playing the game the way I always have. I am not a dirty player and have never been characterized as one."

Keith7
10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Good call by the NFL.. Woulda liked to see him suspended for 2 or 3 games but whatever.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Good call by the NFL.. Woulda liked to see him suspended for 2 or 3 games but whatever.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keith7
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
That's how long his cheap shot will keep Jackson out so it's only fair.

bobcat1
10-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Right there with you on that. Don't sign up for a collision sport if you don't want to risk a collision.

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
That's how long his cheap shot will keep Jackson out so it's only fair. It was a clean hit...Dunta will miss the same amount of time but possibly a week less because of the injury too.

Keith7
10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
It was a clean hit...Dunta will miss the same amount of time but possibly a week less because of the injury too.

Clean hit my @$$.. That hit was the equivalent of a sucker punch plus every ref on the field threw a flag on that play. It was far from clean.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
no way was his a cheap shot...his hit was clean on jackson

trojandad
10-20-2010, 01:10 PM
i'd suspend him a game just for expecting us to pronounce "dunta" the way "daunte" or "dawntay" is pronounced when someone was too lazy to pick up a dictionary when he was born.....:nerd: :nerd:

pretty soon someone is gonna have the first name of "Q" and tell the press "its pronounced 'sylvester'".....ROFLLLLLL

rholl
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
what was wrong with this hit?.....didnt lead with helmet...and didnt target the head....I would appeal also!!! If it is a legal tackle by rule how can you fine??

PPSTATEBOUND
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Clean hit my @$$.. That hit was the equivalent of a sucker punch plus every ref on the field threw a flag on that play. It was far from clean.

Kieth have you ever played organized football?:)

PPSTATEBOUND
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i'd suspend him a game just for expecting us to pronounce "dunta" the way "daunte" or "dawntay" is pronounced when someone was too lazy to pick up a dictionary when he was born.....:nerd: :nerd:

pretty soon someone is gonna have the first name of "Q" and tell the press "its pronounced 'sylvester'".....ROFLLLLLL

:fnypost: :fnypost:

Looking4number8
10-20-2010, 01:28 PM

- from the Pee Wee level on up -

I am just going to beat Rocet to the punch and say that is was nice of him to mention Celina:)

Old Tiger
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am just going to beat Rocet to the punch and say that is was nice of him to mention Celina:) man keep the thread on subject

RoyceTTU
10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
How does the rule state tackling.

I know these things can't happen
leave the feet: he didn't
lead with the helmet: he actually tucked his helmet sideways

My question is can you lead with the shoulder: he did this to perfection. If I was about to make a hit like this, I would of probably did it the same way to preserve my own health.

I think this hit is okay, but very close.

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Anyone have a link to the hit?

rholl
10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
there a links on youtube but I think NFL is getting them squashed one by one so rather than post a link that will get killed soon....just go youtube search dunta robinson hit

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by rholl
there a links on youtube but I think NFL is getting them squashed one by one so rather than post a link that will get killed soon....just go youtube search dunta robinson hit

Thanks, now if I can only spell his name, haha

trojandad
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Thanks, now if I can only spell his name, haha

thank you, ole bull.........too dang funny.......

RoyceTTU
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Anyone have a link to the hit?

HIT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAR_zEvT7dM)

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Clean hit, I LIKE IT, wish he was still in Houston

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Clean hit, I LIKE IT, wish he was still in Houston

:iagree:

Rocket
10-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Clean hit. Looks like Dunta got hit just as hard...LOL

Looking4number8
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
man keep the thread on subject
Oh Go Blue, I forgot, you are "mr play by the rules"... How many times have you had to open a new account?

Gontex
10-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
How does the rule state tackling.

I know these things can't happen
leave the feet: he didn't
lead with the helmet: he actually tucked his helmet sideways

My question is can you lead with the shoulder: he did this to perfection. If I was about to make a hit like this, I would of probably did it the same way to preserve my own health.

I think this hit is okay, but very close.

Blow was to the head. You can't do that. It's nearly as bad as the horse collar that one of the Cowboys used a couple of years ago.

TheDOCTORdre
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
look at Keith cryin to protect his eagals

coach
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
somebody sounds like a titty baby to me

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Blow was to the head. You can't do that. It's nearly as bad as the horse collar that one of the Cowboys used a couple of years ago.

Looked like Robinsons right shoulder got to the receivers right shoulder first. When they play it in slow mo, you can see the receivers left shoulder fly back.

'Necks 2013-14
10-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Looked like Robinsons right shoulder got to the receivers right shoulder first. When they play it in slow mo, you can see the receivers left shoulder fly back. I agree bull. The way I see it, if you want all the glory that goes along with playing the offensive side of the ball, you bess understand what the price may be. Good hit Dunta. Textbook. The End.

Rocket
10-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Oh Go Blue, I forgot, you are "mr play by the rules"... How many times have you had to open a new account?

Go Blue is the king of off topic posts. He just doesn't like it when it happens to him.:rolleyes:

OLE'BULL
10-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
I agree bull. The way I see it, if you want all the glory that goes along with playing the offensive side of the ball, you bess understand what the price may be. Good hit Dunta. Textbook. The End.

And its not like they are getting hit like that day in and day out. You might get hit that hard once, maybe twice a season...

scrub c
10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I guess they (the nfl) need to turn the league into flag football. The qb is protected, you cant touch receivers past 5 yds, and if you tackle too hard you get fined 50,000 bucks...

get real, its a physical game and should be played as such. I dont feel sorry for any of them. It is a risk reward business.. These guys aint playing for $6.25 an hour. they make millions for crying out loud.

rholl
10-21-2010, 09:01 AM
im still waiting for the posters that say fine was deserved to explain to me what was wrong with the hit.....didnt lead with helmet....didnt hit the helmet....shoulder to chest area. Maybe NFL should outlaw crossing routes??? that will protect recvrs!!!

FHS 74
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Wasn'r an illegal hit. Led with shoulder, just a lot of impact. If the NFL doesn't want these type of hits don't hype them. Have seen many commercials promoting upcoming games and usually there is always a big hit somewhere. I also like the ability for the defensive players to actually get some payback on some these receivers that have been given officiating advantages throughout the years. You know when the score a touchdown and they stand in the endzone and just gloat over the defensive players a hit like Jackson took is like sweet revenge.

DDBooger
10-21-2010, 10:33 AM
IMO, and I think a lot of peoples, this is about protecting an asset rather than the player. As defensive players say, "players on offense sell jerseys." Kind of a bad week for the NFL when pictures of the hits were being sold by them. lol

They showed the inequity of it when Mike Golic and Mark Schlereth were showing players on offense going for the knees, facemasking and committing similar offenses. Just last week Brady went straight for a Raven's defensive player's knee. Do that to him and you lose 50k.

'Necks 2013-14
10-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by FHS 74
Wasn'r an illegal hit. Led with shoulder, just a lot of impact. If the NFL doesn't want these type of hits don't hype them. Have seen many commercials promoting upcoming games and usually there is always a big hit somewhere. I also like the ability for the defensive players to actually get some payback on some these receivers that have been given officiating advantages throughout the years. You know when the score a touchdown and they stand in the endzone and just gloat over the defensive players a hit like Jackson took is like sweet revenge. +1

OLE'BULL
10-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 'Necks 2013-14
+1

+2, I wonder if receivers will start getting fined when then destroy defenseless Linebackers on a crack back block?

'Necks 2013-14
10-21-2010, 04:29 PM
+2, I wonder if receivers will start getting fined when then destroy defenseless Linebackers on a crack back block? Not in the NFL. It's all about the offense.