PDA

View Full Version : bridgeport??

5wide
10-19-2010, 06:33 PM
it's funny that all you bull posters suddenly vanish?

bwdlionfan
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 5wide

bullaholic has been here a lot lately

firstdown
10-19-2010, 06:35 PM
I was just wondering the same thing.

AngeloState39
10-19-2010, 06:38 PM
it's funny that all you bull posters suddenly vanish? not much to talk about. we're not so hot anymore. but, we still beat decatur. so its not all that bad.

Bull_Guy
10-19-2010, 07:03 PM
There hasnt been many decatur fans this whole year...

firstdown
10-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
There hasnt been many decatur fans this whole year...

touche

Bridgeport will be fine.

Bullaholic
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM

What a nice neighborly welfare check, 5wide. Thanks. :D

BullsFan
10-19-2010, 08:03 PM
I was out of town all of last weekend and even missed the game (and wondered if my absence affected the Bulls and Rangers both....lol). And the sad news about LE Dad has me not so much in the right frame of mind for game talk.

AngeloState39
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
And the sad news about LE Dad has me not so much in the right frame of mind for game talk. very true.

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Still here... but yeah, the year is kinda turning out flat for us. Maybe things will spark up again...

Of course, we did win that game over at the County Seat.

Eaglefan
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Decatur off this week. Not much to talk about. We have two weeks to prepare for Mineral Wells...we'll see how that goes...

grahampaw
10-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Eaglefan
Decatur off this week. Not much to talk about. We have two weeks to prepare for Mineral Wells...we'll see how that goes... I think Decatur is going to upset M-Wells......................But seeing how your off maybe you should talk the school board into going to see 2a Boyd open up the nicest stadium in Wise County.

Z-RO
10-20-2010, 03:06 AM
B-port usually starts to excel in the playoffs...with that being said if they have to play Brownwood early on it is going to be a short playoff run.

mwrams
10-20-2010, 05:55 AM
As an earlier poster had said, "Mineral Wells won't just lay down and give it to you." I believe my Rams are beginning to hit on all cylinders and the Decatur game will be a good test. I called the last one and the next two I see. Hopefully...

Mineral Wells 34 Lake Worth 13
Mineral Wells 35 Decatur 27

BullBoy
10-20-2010, 06:13 AM
nah, didn't vanish, i've been posting alot on different threads since i haven't seen any bridgeport ones started.:D it's not like the Bulls season is over, i'm hoping that loss to Mineral Wells was a wake up call that you can't simply play solid football for just the 1st two QTRs come out flat in the 2nd half and expect to win, you have to finish the game!!! Bridgeport will bounce back from this, it's now up to Decatur to make this a 3 way tie for the 7-3A Championship since we all know Lake Worth has no shot at knocking off the rams. (unless some unexpected things happen this friday.) if all 3 win this friday then i'll have to root for those dang Eagletts to beat MW next week so we can all share the championship.:cheerl: :D

Gsquared
10-20-2010, 06:43 AM
sounds like a bit of envy to me. When its all said and done, Bridgeport will still be playing after November 5th. I wouldnt worry about them, id worry about my Decatur Eagles and and thier thump thump schedule.

BullBoy
10-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
sounds like a bit of envy to me. When its all said and done, Bridgeport will still be playing after November 5th. I wouldnt worry about them, id worry about my Decatur Eagles and and thier thump thump schedule.

your eagles are alright this season, definately a playoff team.:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
I think Decatur is going to upset M-Wells......................But seeing how your off maybe you should talk the school board into going to see 2a Boyd open up the nicest stadium in Wise County.

You know... have to admit on being wrong about this turf thing. I was certain that Decatur would have the first turf field in the county. So much chatter about it, but it really seems to be a hot button issue... very much love or hate.

Any Decatur posters care to post their thoughts about Turf... (and where you would install it if you did?)

grahampaw
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
You know... have to admit on being wrong about this turf thing. I was certain that Decatur would have the first turf field in the county. So much chatter about it, but it really seems to be a hot button issue... very much love or hate.

Any Decatur posters care to post their thoughts about Turf... (and where you would install it if you did?) No dought what coaches think about turf.No one seeks out grass fields in the playoffs.

Bullaholic
10-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Any Decatur posters care to post their thoughts about Turf... (and where you would install it if you did?)

I'll make this bet, slpy---If one town gets turf, the other town will put it in right after....:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
No dought what coaches think about turf.No one seeks out grass fields in the playoffs.

I agree Grahampaw... I was just wondering what the Decatur folks think about the issue. I work in Decatur and it is a hot topic. Everyone would love to have it. But the cost makes it a big deal...

Does it pay for itself? (not really according to all the studies)
Does it get you playoff games? It should... and then means extra money
Would Decatur put it at the current stadium? Which is old and needs updating...
Would Decatur put it at the track? Which is by the old HS, but was stymied for expansion due to the old hospital
Would Decatur build a new field with turf by the new HS?

These are some of the discussion around my work and I was curious as to what Decatur posters thought about this....

slpybear the bullfan
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'll make this bet, slpy---If one town gets turf, the other town will put it in right after....:D

No bet... thats a sure thing!

The craziest thing I have heard is from leaders at both towns talking about building a new stadium midway that we both shared.

Ummm... have these people ever lived here for one football season? :thinking:

Bullaholic
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
No bet... thats a sure thing!

The craziest thing I have heard is from leaders at both towns talking about building a new stadium midway that we both shared.

Ummm... have these people ever lived here for one football season? :thinking:

I would love to see a shared $20M MW-type facillity midway on 380 between the two towns, but you and I both know that the Palestinians and the Israelies have a better chance of sharing Jerusalem than of that happening. :D

Eaglefan
10-20-2010, 12:00 PM
That's funny you say that Bullaholic because that is just what I have been trying to tell people. For us that grew up in these parts, I just can't see it happening...it just seems wrong...lol

OldNavy
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree Grahampaw...

Does it pay for itself?.......

Field turf might not pay for itself, but our experience is that the field gets used by everyone, and I mean everyone. It has become a place for peewee ball, band, junior high and JV games. It is not babied for the varsity games only. It has a 10 year warranty and we have saved at least $30K a year in watering and fertilizer expense. No more striping the field, no mowing and really no worries about using the field when it is wet. We have had a few 2a play off games in our small stadium and I think there is some statistical data that there may be fewer knee injuries.

It has been worth it us, in my opinion.

Inmateboss
10-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I would love to see a shared $20M MW-type facillity midway on 380 between the two towns, but you and I both know that the Palestinians and the Israelies have a better chance of sharing Jerusalem than of that happening. :D

:clap: Thats good stuff right there. It would be like going in partners on a boat, " Bad idea".

BullsFan
10-20-2010, 09:20 PM

That's about the best analogy I can think of for this particular situation. It will never happen....or at the very least, it SHOULDN'T.

NateDawg39
10-21-2010, 12:13 AM
I would love to see a shared $20M MW-type facillity midway on 380 between the two towns, but you and I both know that the Palestinians and the Israelies have a better chance of sharing Jerusalem than of that happening. :D Only question is, who would be closer to the stadium? :D

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Only question is, who would be closer to the stadium? :D

Why the town with the most playoff wins the last decade, Nate. That way the stadium could be used a lot more by the team of the town who will be filling it a lot more and often...:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Any Decatur fans care to comment on the original questions about Turf in your own town?

Bullaholic
10-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Any Decatur fans care to comment on the original questions about Turf in your own town?

:devil: :D

5wide
10-21-2010, 09:17 AM
im notvreal sure...

cstatbull
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM

lol i was one of them.. it was a heart breaking loss.. sry 5 we get a lil attched to our football team gosh..

cstatbull
10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Eaglefan
Decatur off this week. Not much to talk about. We have two weeks to prepare for Mineral Wells...we'll see how that goes...

not gunna lie.. im really pulling for yall in that one.. a tie for first is better than getting second.. (though some might beg to differ)it would be nice if bport could earn a "district champ" trophy four years in a row even if it is tied