PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs Aransas Pass

Ranger354
10-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Well it is Tuesday and no one had started a Thread on this yet.

Sinton by 4 TDs.

And maybe Sinton needs to have the second string play a little more if they get a good lead. May need some of those boys later if they make the playoffs.

sinfan75
10-19-2010, 06:37 PM
LMAO!! I forgot to do the poll this week!! Sinton just needs to get what kinks are left worked out and WIN!! Sinton by 21.

Ranger354
10-19-2010, 06:43 PM
It has been a long week and it is only Tuesday. I don't know you, but forgive you for forgetting the Poll. lol

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Hope our kids keep up the intensity. Would love to see them come out and play like they did against Ingleside so it will carry into next week's game!

Good Luck Pirates!

sinfan75
10-19-2010, 06:49 PM
You may know me but don't know for sure!! LOL! Hell I've been thinkin of Mathis all week.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
AP Panther Fan the only AP poster?

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Aransas Pass Fan the only AP poster?

I think so. She might talk trash to us later in the week :D

IrishTex
10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
(Yawn) Another C-a-k-e W-a-l-k

:rolleyes:

99IHSMustang
10-19-2010, 09:14 PM
It looked like AP gave RF a game last week, but I don't think that they will have that type of success with Sinton.

Phil C
10-19-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't know. I think Sinton will win but you have to remember that Aransas Pass played Rockport-Fulton tough and will probably play us tough. They are still mad about that 1 point loss to us a few years ago. Scary times indeed.

SintonFan
10-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't know. I think Sinton will win but you have to remember that Aransas Pass played Rockport-Fulton tough and will probably play us tough. They are still mad about that 1 point loss to us a few years ago. Scary times indeed.

Phil, I seem to remember a certain Halloween game some time back that the Pirates had to win with supreme effort against AP.:(

I hope both teams stay injury-free, regardless.:)

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
AP Panther Fan the only AP poster?

Yes, this is one of my best kept secrets ever!;)

Hmmm, all of this c-a-k-e-w-a-l-k talk each week has me baffled. I guess since Snyder is a strong second in a district with "the B word" every other district in the State of Texas is weak.....especially those in Region IV. :rolleyes:

It is difficult to talk smack (or even talk much at all) when your team has struggled. I constantly find myself biting my tongue, but does that mean Aransas Pass won't show up or give it their best effort....NO....not at all.

My Grandma always told me, if you can't say something nice it's best not to speak; therefore, I choose to keep things on the "lighter" side.

You smelly pirates and mangy mustangs talk enough crap for the entire district.:eek: :D

pirate4state
10-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Hmmm, all of this c-a-k-e-w-a-l-k talk each week has me baffled. I guess since Snyder is a strong second in a district with "the B word" every other district in the State of Texas is weak.....especially those in Region IV. :rolleyes:

It is difficult to talk smack (or even talk much at all) when your team has struggled. I constantly find myself biting my tongue, but does that mean Aransas Pass won't show up or give it their best effort....NO....not at all.

My Grandma always told me, if you can't say something nice it's best not to speak; therefore, I choose to keep things on the "lighter" side.

You smelly pirates and mangy mustangs talk enough crap for the entire district.:eek: :D

You forgot the most important part...YOU LOVE ME!!! :inlove: :D teehee

Even before we became bestest of friends, Aransas Pass was always my "sleeper" team. Goodness, yall always have talent on your team. Of course, having a revolving door at the AD/HC position has not helped. :rolleyes: Someone over there needs to let one get settled before they kick them to the curb. :doh: :D

Good Luck Panthers...you're gonna need it. :kiss:

SintonPirateFan
10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
as long as Sinton doesn't overlook the Panthers like RF did, we'll be fine. Coach Allen isn't one to let his team look past a game.

Sinton 49-7

the 7 being scored in the 2nd half, while 2nd stringers are in.

Sinton94
10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
The Pirates definitely need to be focused and take of business early. Don't let them hang around and make a game of it. Mathis will be here soon enough. That being said I think the coaches have done an outstanding job preparing the players each week and I know they will be ready! I don't know if it will have the same intensity as last week (lot of Blue laying on the ground) but they will get it done "The Sinton Way"!

Go Pirates!

MUSTANG69
10-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Watch it Bay Rat. AP still has to play Ingleside 2 weeks after they play the smelly Pirates.:D

Sinton94
10-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
as long as Sinton doesn't overlook the Panthers like RF did, we'll be fine. Coach Allen isn't one to let his team look past a game.

I agree on both points. Coach Allen and his staff are doing an outstanding job week in and out making adjustments and getting better. They know what's at stake and never take anyone lightly. He's been here 4 years now and knows we have a target on our back each and every week regardles of the team!

I'm courious to see how good AP's run game is. I know Bulter is a big kid! But I think the real running attack will by 11, 20 and 22 of the Pirates. I look for them to go wild running the ball this week!:eek: :eek:

Oh and don't foget special teams!:doh:

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Watch it Bay Rat. AP still has to play Ingleside 2 weeks after they play the smelly Pirates.:D

You know, this just might be a good game. There is nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning after kicking some Ingledink butt the night before. It's been a few years, so I am trying to be sure I remember that correctly. (see how I have to throw those damn disclaimers in all the time).:cool:

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You forgot the most important part...YOU LOVE ME!!! :inlove: :D teehee

Even before we became bestest of friends, Aransas Pass was always my "sleeper" team. Goodness, yall always have talent on your team. Of course, having a revolving door at the AD/HC position has not helped. :rolleyes: Someone over there needs to let one get settled before they kick them to the curb. :doh: :D

Good Luck Panthers...you're gonna need it. :kiss:

Yep, to all of the above. You have always been fond of Aransas Pass. Phil C too....remember he taught in AP many, many years ago.

Sinton94
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
You know, this just might be a good game. There is nothing better than waking up on a Saturday morning after kicking some Ingledink butt the night before. It's been a few years, so I am trying to be sure I remember that correctly. (see how I have to throw those damn disclaimers in all the time).:cool:

I bet this turns out to be a very good game! I think there is still a little bit of a rivalry going on between the two teams:thinking:

MUSTANG69
10-20-2010, 10:43 AM

Yep and you'll have to throw that disclaimer in next year too.:D

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Yep and you'll have to throw that disclaimer in next year too.:D

We shall see.....:twitch:

piratebg
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Sinton by 28+. It's gonna be a long night for the Panthers.

Ranger354
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I was reminded the other night of how tables turn and teams come and go. My Uncle called and we talked about Sinton football. His last game playing for TAFT many years ago, they beat Sinton 49 to 6 or something like that. He said that was back in the day when you punnished a QB. He had fond memories of knocking the snot out of some man name Dyer. We laughed about the HIGH PAID Pros that cry when they get pushed or bumped. He said that those girls would have never made it back in HIS day.

My point is........Sinton used to get its A$$ handed to it ALSO from time to time back in the day.

How many games has Sinton play GP? And of those, how many has Sinton won? Bet its less the 5%.

IrishTex
10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, all of this c-a-k-e-w-a-l-k talk each week has me baffled.

It's been pretty well documented about my views on Sinton, not sure why anyone would be baffled, but let me explain it again.

It's nothing against the good folks or players from Sinton, my question is why does Sinton claim that there is any competition in thier district. I propose Sinton not even suit up until the playoffs begins. I started calling Sinton's schedule a c-a-k-e w-a-l-k every week since the season began. (You are free to research and verify that). Sinton has won every game by 25 points at least, yet Sinton being the class outfit that they are, are always saying they are worrying about the upcoming opponent, but the reality is, none of their games has been competitive at all.

So question:

Is Sinton that good, or is that district that bad??

It's a valid question from an "Outsider". Sorry if that ruffled your feathers and hurt your feelings.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It's been pretty well documented about my views on Sinton, not sure why anyone would be baffled, but let me explain it again.

It's nothing against the good folks or players from Sinton, my question is why does Sinton claim that there is any competition in thier district. I propose Sinton not even suit up until the playoffs begins. I started calling Sinton's schedule a c-a-k-e w-a-l-k every week since the season began. (You are free to research and verify that). Sinton has won every game by 25 points at least, yet Sinton being the class outfit that they are, are always saying they are worrying about the upcoming opponent, but the reality is, none of their games has been competitive at all.

So question:

It's a valid question from an "Outsider". Sorry if that ruffled your feathers and hurt your feelings.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: scary times indeed. :)

sinton66
10-20-2010, 08:58 PM

So question:

They're that good.

Ranger354
10-20-2010, 09:58 PM
By the numbers I found Sinton has played GP 20 times since 1960 and won only 3 times in that span. That comes out to 6%. GP has not always been in Sinton's district.

piratebg
10-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger354
By the numbers I found Sinton has played GP 20 times since 1960 and won only 3 times in that span. That comes out to 6%. GP has not always been in Sinton's district.

Actually it is 15% ;)

SintonFan
10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
They're that good.

So is Mathis...
and RF and Ingleside!:eek:

Someone don't get "it".:D

Phil C
10-20-2010, 10:20 PM

So question:

You need to look up the scores from last year. Close indeed.

Ranger354
10-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Actually it is 15% ;)

I hate it when I screw up math....lol. Even old Jethro Bodine could have figure that one out.

MUSTANG69
10-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
So is Mathis...
and RF and Ingleside!:eek:

Someone don't get "it".:D

I think that "someone" needs to look at the last five years for this district. (D30/D31) That someone would see how very competitive it is. No one has really dominated in any one of those years. It has been a very competitive district. Yes, Sinton is on a roll but there is still Mathis to be played. That game probably determines the district barring an upset somewhere along the way. Who gets the third spot is going to be a toss up. Probably the winner of Ingleside/Rockport-Fulton game. There are four good teams competing for three spots. There is not a "cakewalk" for anybody in this district.

sinton66
10-21-2010, 07:27 AM
I think that "someone" needs to look at the last five years for this district. (D30/D31) That someone would see how very competitive it is. No one has really dominated in any one of those years. It has been a very competitive district. Yes, Sinton is on a roll but there is still Mathis to be played. That game probably determines the district barring an upset somewhere along the way. Who gets the third spot is going to be a toss up. Probably the winner of Ingleside/Rockport-Fulton game. There are four good teams competing for three spots. There is not a "cakewalk" for anybody in this district.

Don't take him too seriously folks. He's just run out of Sweetwater people to annoy.:D

Sinton94
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM

So question:

Teams coming out of this district have fared pretty well thank you very much! Yes some years better competiton than others, but regardless of whom Sinton plays or doesn’t play during the regular season doesn’t really matter now does it. You still have to make the playoffs and then it's the post season that is the true measure and "You are free to research and verify that". Cakewalk or not Sinton must be doing something right or you wouldn't be so :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :doh:

PS No hurt feelings here, just glad you were concerned enough to ask! Come visit us "good folks" sometime!
:D

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Sorry if that ruffled your feathers and hurt your feelings.

You didn't. You just annoy me.

Is is raining in Sinton this morning? Sure looks dark in that direction.

Sinton94
10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
You didn't. You just annoy me.

Is is raining in Sinton this morning? Sure looks dark in that direction.

A little bit but nothing to worry about. Should blow over before lunch. Another great night for Friday night Football!

GO PIRATES!

FmrPirate14
10-22-2010, 09:23 AM
If the Pirates come out intense like they did with Ingleside I see this as a VERY one-sided match and even if they come out flat I still see them win with a huge margin of victory.

Sinton 56 AP 7 (intense)

Sinton 35 AP 13 (flat)

SHSBulldog00
10-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Sinton doesn't need to look ahead to Mathis. Keep your mind on the Panthers.

Sinton 42
AP 14

Sinton94
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
8 hours to kick off. Ready for some Hells Bells and Friday night football!

Go Pirates!

AP Panther Fan
10-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Did y'all know your "not so secret" weapon was a gift from Aransas Pass?;)

Wish we had a few more like him.

pirate4state
10-22-2010, 12:02 PM

haha yes. he is a great kid!! glad he is doing so well with us in Sinton :D

MUSTANG69
10-22-2010, 12:51 PM

Sinton has very good recruiters.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Sinton has very good recruiters.:D yall took one of our recruiters, yall head coach ;)

FmrPirate14
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Lets Go Pirates

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
hope this wind dies down a little by game time. i wanna see that air assault again this week!!

pancho villa
10-22-2010, 03:45 PM
AP 42 sinton 7

pirate4state
10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
AP 42 sinton 7 :D

I was beginning to think you were stuck watching the baseball playoffs. :taunt:

sinton66
10-22-2010, 06:07 PM

What? Everybody knows we get all our recruits from Taft.:D