PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Shirt

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
Sadly the fact this possible talk is happening is devastating..BUT

I know we had talked about giving it to WO-S..but I really feel it should go to LE Dad's family..he was member and a popular one and we all loved his posts and battles with Bwood fans

Just my take

Farmersfan
10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I know we had talked about giving it to WO-S..but I really feel it should go to LE Dad's family..he was member and a popular one and we all loved his posts and battles with Bwood fans

Just my take

+1

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Just my take

The idea was suggested to me to continue with the plan of the
original shirt and start a playoff shirt in memory of LE Dad. What
do you guys think?

LionFan72
10-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Due to the nature and influence of both losses, why can't we have two shirts? we only halfway through the season.

bobcat1
10-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
do you guys think? Sounds like a great plan!:clap:

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
2 shirts, once playoff begin, my guess is the M&G will be able to put a bigger genre of posters together.

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
do you guys think? I only have good ideas :D ;)

Let's give Red some suggestions on what should be placed on the shirt, as far as "art work".

Should we just go with the standard 3ADL logo and then maybe something like "In Memory of LE Dad"? Or should we use some of his favorite pictures, if we can?

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Put his avatar on there. That leopard looking thingy.

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I only have good ideas :D ;)

Let's give Red some suggestions on what should be placed on the shirt, as far as "art work".

Should we just go with the standard 3ADL logo and then maybe something like "In Memory of LE Dad"? Or should we use some of his favorite pictures, if we can?

I like this idea. Maybe some of his quotes. I bet if we went back through his posts we could come up with quite a collection.

If we do this, I think we should do one for each of his children.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I like this idea. Maybe some of his quotes. I bet if we went back through his posts we could come up with quite a collection.

If we do this, I think we should do one for each of his children.

I think so too!!

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2010, 09:34 AM
I will gladly buy the t-shirts if the board decides to do this. Maybe a nice, long sleeve tee in their school color (maroon?). Perhaps, Txkmom could help us with sizes?

Y'all just let me know what I can do to help. :)

BullsFan
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
I love this idea. I think the original shirt already had something to Reggie on it anyway.

The only thing is that I feel sure a wide array of 3ADL posters would like to sign a shirt for LE Dad, and the playoffs are a fairly small selection of teams. Is there any way to incorporate more signatures? We use computer paper to iron decals on shirts, and we buy that paper at Walmart. Is there any way we could scan signatures and print them out on the iron-on tshirt decal paper? That way many many more people could get their sigs on the shirt. You could scan a whole bunch of signatures and put many of them on one page. I know that Bridgeport is unlikely to do much in the playoffs unless their play changes drastically in the next two games, but I am more personally invested in signing a shirt for LE Dad than any shirt I've signed before...if anyone has a better suggestion I would love to hear it.

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I love this idea. I think the original shirt already had something to Reggie on it anyway.

The only thing is that I feel sure a wide array of 3ADL posters would like to sign a shirt for LE Dad, and the playoffs are a fairly small selection of teams. Is there any way to incorporate more signatures? We use computer paper to iron decals on shirts, and we buy that paper at Walmart. Is there any way we could scan signatures and print them out on the iron-on tshirt decal paper? That way many many more people could get their sigs on the shirt. You could scan a whole bunch of signatures and put many of them on one page. I know that Bridgeport is unlikely to do much in the playoffs unless their play changes drastically in the next two games, but I am more personally invested in signing a shirt for LE Dad than any shirt I've signed before...if anyone has a better suggestion I would love to hear it.

There is a way to do this. It would be a big project, but if we want to do this right, then it might be worth looking into and would be a very nice momento for the kids.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2010, 10:32 AM
There is a way to do this. It would be a big project, but if we want to do this right, then it might be worth looking into and would be a very nice momento for the kids.

I will help out in any way that I can!!

BullsFan
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will help out in any way that I can!!

Ditto!!!!

WOS1
10-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Let me make this simple for you... Knowing Reggie and the kind of kid he was. If he were here, and knowing how close everyone was to LEDad, I truly feel he would want him to have the shirt. It wont be quite the same with transposed signatures and so forth. Just the fact that he was thought of in that way is enough. Give the original shirt (with my wifes artwork on it :D ) to the family. It will mean a bunch to them.

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Let me make this simple for you... Knowing Reggie and the kind of kid he was. If he were here, and knowing how close everyone was to LEDad, I truly feel he would want him to have the shirt. It wont be quite the same with transposed signatures and so forth. Just the fact that he was thought of in that way is enough. Give the original shirt (with my wifes artwork on it :D ) to the family. It will mean a bunch to them. awww, I'm sure he would too.

The shirt wouldn't be the shirt if there wasn't some story (your wife's artwork) included. :D

Maybe we should take a vote. I still like the idea of getting as many signatures as possible on a new shirt with some of LE Dad's quotes/pictures for his kids.

RoyceTTU
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
I still like the idea of getting as many signatures as possible on a new shirt with some of LE Dad's quotes/pictures for his kids.

+1

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Maybe we should take a vote. I still like the idea of getting as many signatures as possible on a new shirt with some of LE Dad's quotes/pictures for his kids.

If you think about it, I believe it will be much easier to "pass around" the new shirt(s) since you aren't trying to make it to a game. For instance, P4S gets the shirt for all of the Sinton sigs, brings it over to myself or Mustang69 to collect signatures from our area, we mail it to DaHop (he does the same) mails it to Bullaholic etc....

The key would be to just keep the shirt for about a day or so, post the current location of the shirt and encourage posters to stop by and sign it while it is in their area. I know this probably sounds much simpler than it is, but it is a thought.:thinking:

pirate4state
10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/sig1.jpg

Something like the above would be really cool, but I have no idea how we would pull it off.

I like APPF's idea. There are enough of us on here that could get this done if we really take our time. :)

BullsFan
10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
This might work, especially since there's no real time limit. We could even shoot for doing it as a Christmas gift, since I suspect Christmas is going to be difficult this year for those poor kids. I would be happy to be a link in the chain.